PDA

View Full Version : The Official Fire the German Shepherd Thread

Anti-Polar Bear
11-11-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm watching Lions-Bears, b/c I flip burgers for the minimum-wage and rarely ever get the whole day off on Sundays, so don't feel like signing up for the internet Sunday Tix.

Anyways, Mack looks like a beauteous pimp out there. Mack was that missing piece the Packers needed badly to get back to the Super Bowl. Gutekunst fucked up, plain and simple. Should've offered the fucking Titanic to the Raiders, especially since the German Shepherd is armed with two 1st rounders that the math says will likely end up being a Harrell and/or a Sherrod. That epic fuck up is worthy of decapitation.

Recall that back at them good ole days at JSOline, I was the first Pack fan in the world to call for Todd's head, a mere two months into his reign of Polar Bearism. Red got so pissed, he stopped posting for months. I knew then what y'all know now: Todd was the mother of incompetence.

Anyways, even though I kinda like the German Shepherd, and while it ain't a mere two months, allow me to do the honor of being the first Packer fan in the world to call for Gutekunst's head.

Feel free to bump up this thread every time the Packers lose.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Btw, Smuggler, anytime you don't like a post of mine, say it to my face for all to see, like a man. Quit sending me private notifications about how much you hate my posts - I don't know how to reply to that shit. :tup:

red
11-11-2018, 03:34 PM
bears were willing to gamble on the guy, when we were not

the gamble has paid off big time for them

passing on mack, passing on watt

maybe the front office and coaching staff just don't realise how important pass rushers are. or the greatly over value the guys they have

mraynrand
11-11-2018, 03:36 PM
bears were willing to gamble on the guy, when we were not

the gamble has paid off big time for them

passing on mack, passing on watt

maybe the front office and coaching staff just don't realise how important pass rushers are. or the greatly over value the guys they have

They are turning the roster over. This year is mostly removing the expired crap from the shelves. Next year is the re-stocking.

pbmax
11-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Correct predictions department, PackerRats Incorporated.

GM is incompetent. Team wins Super Bowl. Prediction validated.

Bretsky
11-12-2018, 06:46 PM
I was not on the all or none bandwagon with Mack so I have a hard time bashing Gooties

But in retrospect I didn't realize how dam good Mack is.

If I did I'd have been all aboard to do what it takes

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2018, 03:34 AM
I was not on the all or none bandwagon with Mack so I have a hard time bashing Gooties

Dougherty at Packersnews barked a tons about Mack back in September. Gute shoulda listened to ole Pete.

Fritz
11-13-2018, 06:14 AM

But what would it take? People here seem to think next year's two firsts plus the following year's first. What if Oakland figured those picks would all be in the late 20's or in the 30's and didn't like them as much as the Bears' offer?

Smidgeon
11-13-2018, 08:24 AM
But what would it take? People here seem to think next year's two firsts plus the following year's first. What if Oakland figured those picks would all be in the late 20's or in the 30's and didn't like them as much as the Bears' offer?

That's the way our works around here: if it didn't happen, we clearly didn't try. Independent on whether or not another team had better firepower overall.

Pugger
11-13-2018, 08:42 AM

Exactly. Some assume if we didn't make a deal it is ALL our GM's fault. Oakland is gonna do what they want to do. I'm guessing Gruden and company thought the Bears would garner a higher pick than we would so they sent Mack to Chicago and not GB. It now appears the opposite is going to happen but them's the breaks.

Tony Oday
11-13-2018, 08:47 AM
We stockpiled picks, have big expiring contracts and we can really reload on this team at important positions.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2018, 11:32 AM

What do all pirates want?

The fuckin’ Titanic, of course.

Rumors was, Gute was only willing to part with a single 1. Upon finding out about Gute’s cheap offer, Al Davis, the Satan in Silver and Black, immediately killed a demon in hell out of disgust.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 01:06 PM
What do all pirates want?

The fuckin’ Titanic, of course.

Rumors was, Gute was only willing to part with a single 1. Upon finding out about Gute’s cheap offer, Al Davis, the Satan in Silver and Black, immediately killed a demon in hell out of disgust.

Source of rumor? Because we have video of Reggie saying it was the fact that the 2 firsts the Bears had were going to be earlier picks.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Source of rumor? Because we have video of Reggie saying it was the fact that the 2 firsts the Bears had were going to be earlier picks.

Pretty sure Dougherty reported it. Ole Pete, dude sure made a nice argument in favor of trading for Mack. Said the Raiders also gave the Bears a 2; 3 ones alone would've/could've gotten Mack to don the Green and Gold.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 01:32 PM
The third they traded was for their benefit. It got them back a second round pick.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24543080/chicago-bears-reach-agreement-trade-khalil-mack-oakland-raiders

Draft picks have become even more impossibly over-valued as the rookie contracts are low, but three first round picks is more than it takes to get a starter at QB.

As Belichick himself said, Mack isn't Lawrence Taylor.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2018, 01:44 PM
The third they traded was for their benefit. It got them back a second round pick.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24543080/chicago-bears-reach-agreement-trade-khalil-mack-oakland-raiders

Draft picks have become even more impossibly over-valued as the rookie contracts are low, but three first round picks is more than it takes to get a starter at QB.

As Belichick himself said, Mack isn't Lawrence Taylor.

Draft picks are, were and have always been coin flips. Why do you think Wolf traded a 1st for some 3rd-string hillbilly QB?

Mack might not be LT, but he's certainly worth 3 1sts. The math says the 3 firsts Gute refused to ship to Vegas, err, Oakland are more likely to turn out to be Harrells, Sherrods and Perrys than Macks. 3 1sts for Mack? That's a fucking steal.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Draft picks are, were and have always been coin flips. Why do you think Wolf traded a 1st for some 3rd-string hillbilly QB?

Mack might not be LT, but he's certainly worth 3 1sts. The math says the 3 firsts Gute refused to ship to Vegas, err, Oakland are more likely to turn out to be Harrells, Sherrods and Perrys than Macks. 3 1sts for Mack? That's a fucking steal.

But would Wolf have traded 3 picks for Favre?

You might not get a Mack with three mid-round picks, but you will have some quality core players on the roster and as we have seen on the defense, that can make all the difference.

Fritz
11-13-2018, 02:33 PM
Pretty sure Dougherty reported it. Ole Pete, dude sure made a nice argument in favor of trading for Mack. Said the Raiders also gave the Bears a 2; 3 ones alone would've/could've gotten Mack to don the Green and Gold.

How do you know this? Gruden is clearly an idiot; maybe he thought the Bears, even with Mack would land him in the middle of the first round, maybe even in the 10-14 range. Two years in a row. So even if he had the Packers' next two next year and their number one in 2020, he might've thought that less useful than the Bears' picks. Think about it. If he has two firsts from the Pack in 2019, and if the Saints and Packers (theoretically now Gruden's picks) had ended up near the top of the NFL - a likely scenario - then Gruden would've had to package those two and HOPE he could find a satisfactory trade partner to move up with. No guarantee there. And in the following year, odds are the Packers would've been drafting in late 20's/early 30's again, so that's not so appealing.

Maybe three firsts wouldn't have gotten it done. So don't assume it was a "failure" on Gute's part.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2018, 02:47 PM
But would Wolf have traded 3 picks for Favre?

You might not get a Mack with three mid-round picks, but you will have some quality core players on the roster and as we have seen on the defense, that can make all the difference.

All the difference? How so? As we've seen, Pack D sucks, even with a bunch of core players. The pack is worthless without the alpha. Mack is an alpha. Whom on the current D is an alpha?

mraynrand
11-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Didn't the Packers just show how devastating it is to essentially lose multiple first round picks? Even if you get great play from Kahlil Mack, you're still playing with a doubly depleted roster.

What the Packers really need to do over the next two seasons is draft a bunch of starters and hope one comes close to a guy like Mack.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2018, 02:57 PM
How do you know this? Gruden is clearly an idiot; maybe he thought the Bears, even with Mack would land him in the middle of the first round, maybe even in the 10-14 range. Two years in a row. So even if he had the Packers' next two next year and their number one in 2020, he might've thought that less useful than the Bears' picks. Think about it. If he has two firsts from the Pack in 2019, and if the Saints and Packers (theoretically now Gruden's picks) had ended up near the top of the NFL - a likely scenario - then Gruden would've had to package those two and HOPE he could find a satisfactory trade partner to move up with. No guarantee there. And in the following year, odds are the Packers would've been drafting in late 20's/early 30's again, so that's not so appealing.

Maybe three firsts wouldn't have gotten it done. So don't assume it was a "failure" on Gute's part.

You forgot to mention that in that scenario, Gruden would also hold at least a top 5 pick - his own. Trust me, Gruden would've traded Mack straight up for 3 firsts. Orangutans are smarter than Mike McCarthy, but not Jon Gruden.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 03:05 PM
All the difference? How so? As we've seen, Pack D sucks, even with a bunch of core players. The pack is worthless without the alpha. Mack is an alpha. Whom on the current D is an alpha?

You can play mediocre D with average pass rush. The Packers had the backend of the defense hollowed out by failure to develop and then keep draft picks.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Didn't the Packers just show how devastating it is to essentially lose multiple first round picks? Even if you get great play from Kahlil Mack, you're still playing with a doubly depleted roster.

What the Packers really need to do over the next two seasons is draft a bunch of starters and hope one comes close to a guy like Mack.

What's better, an awesome alpha in Mack, or 3 unknown, unproven picks that more likely than not, according to the math, will turn out to be busts? Besides, had Gute traded away 3 firsts, he would only be giving up 2 of his own - not exactly an entire draft or two. With Mack, Pack would be picking 32, 32 the next two years - Sherrod territory.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2018, 03:22 PM
You can play mediocre D with average pass rush. The Packers had the backend of the defense hollowed out by failure to develop and then keep draft picks.

Mediocre D is a good thing? Packer D, mediocre? The D made Beathard look like Mahomes, for fuck's sake! Packer D is below average. Mack could've made Pack D great again.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 04:31 PM
Mediocre D is a good thing? Packer D, mediocre? The D made Beathard look like Mahomes, for fuck's sake! Packer D is below average. Mack could've made Pack D great again.

Mack plus no backend is mediocre too.

plus the part you do not comment on because it lessens the fun of your flight of fancy posts is that paying Mack and Rodgers $20 mil per year really puts the clamps on FA signing to bolster the backend.

esoxx
11-13-2018, 10:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOaX-eTZv3g

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2018, 07:13 AM
Mack plus no backend is mediocre too.

plus the part you do not comment on because it lessens the fun of your flight of fancy posts is that paying Mack and Rodgers $20 mil per year really puts the clamps on FA signing to bolster the backend.

The cap is irrelevant. Cap can always be cooked.

Decent "backend" players can be found in rounds 2-7.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2018, 07:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOaX-eTZv3g

I realize that's meant to poke fun at the Packers and Pack fans and Aaron Rodgers, but it is actually pretty funny.

bobblehead
11-14-2018, 11:25 AM

I kinda like this defense. Our O and ST haven't done them any favors and they have held up pretty well. Don't be deceived by final point totals. We probably have more 3 and outs than the last 2 years combined. I haven't really seen a D I like a lot in the entire league this year. Ours will do.

mraynrand
11-14-2018, 11:53 AM
I realize that's meant to poke fun at the Packers and Pack fans and Aaron Rodgers, but it is actually pretty funny.

There's a million of those videos. There's probably even one of Hitler reacting to Darrin Charles being shut down by a marginal CB.

mraynrand
11-14-2018, 11:54 AM
The Kap is irrelevant. Kap can always be cooked.

QFT

Cheesehead Craig
11-14-2018, 02:48 PM
My argument is irrelevant. My argument has always been cooked.

FIFY

George Cumby
11-14-2018, 10:11 PM
I am a tiresome bore.

I am also a one trick orangutan.

FTFY

Anti-Polar Bear
11-15-2018, 12:09 AM
There's a million of those videos. There's probably even one of Hitler reacting to Darrin Charles being shut down by a marginal CB.

“Downfall” is a pretty good flick, even though the only German I know is “mein Kampf.”

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 07:28 AM
“Downfall” is a pretty good flick, even though the only German I know is “mein Kampf.”

"Mein Kampf mit der Hamburgerverarbeitung"

pbmax
11-15-2018, 09:23 AM
"Mein Kampf mit der Hamburgerverarbeitung"

My struggle with Five Guys?

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 09:40 AM
My struggle with Five Guys?

My struggle with burger flipping (germans call it "hamburger processing" or "Hamburger factory work" - "hamburger fabrikarbeit") :)

run pMc
11-15-2018, 12:18 PM
The cap is irrelevant. Cap can always be cooked.

I think teams try to come up with ways around the cap rules (the famous poison pills, guaranteed money, etc.) but I think it's harder to cook the cap than you think. There's too much scrutiny of teams salary caps (media, sportrac, etc.), and a lot of publicity around contracts...I'd guess more people have at least a casual understanding of how the salary cap works vs. the vagaries of a 10K report.

Also -- if the cap was that easy to cook, you know Belichick would have a much better roster. You also know there'd be leaks when coaches/players got canned.

run pMc
11-15-2018, 12:19 PM
My struggle with burger flipping (germans call it "hamburger processing" or "Hamburger factory work" - "hamburger fabrikarbeit") :)

mmm hamburgers.

pbmax
11-15-2018, 02:05 PM

Exactly.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/lQK4mbBC7aK9Zigu41TugGrPyTc=/326x0:2928x1952/1200x800/filters:focal(326x0:2928x1952)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49195389/fiveguys.0.0.jpg

George Cumby
11-15-2018, 02:44 PM

Wir haben die Methoden daß Sie sprechen machen werden.

But you already talk too much.

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Exactly.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/lQK4mbBC7aK9Zigu41TugGrPyTc=/326x0:2928x1952/1200x800/filters:focal(326x0:2928x1952)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49195389/fiveguys.0.0.jpg

Five Guys makes me feel like a little girl!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/InsistentSecretClam-size_restricted.gif

gbgary
11-15-2018, 03:30 PM
he's got one strike from me for not doing whatever it took to get Mack. he's got to up chi's offer there. he shouldn't have extended Rodgers, without seeing how he was, either but i'm sure it was politics that caused that. let's see how he manages a down-trending Rodgers and his enormous cap hit.

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 03:33 PM
he's got one strike from me for not doing whatever it took to get Mack. he's got to up chi's offer there.

Do we know for sure what he offered and/or what Oakland asked for Mack from Green Bay? I honestly may have missed a critical piece of info. (It may have been too steep a cost)

pbmax
11-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Do we know for sure what he offered and/or what Oakland asked for Mack from Green Bay? I honestly may have missed a critical piece of info. (It may have been too steep a cost)

Reggie said he liked the Bears picks better. But someone (maybe Tank) said the Packers weren't coughing up the second first. But I have never found that source.

run pMc
11-16-2018, 09:27 AM
Reggie said he liked the Bears picks better. But someone (maybe Tank) said the Packers weren't coughing up the second first. But I have never found that source.

That was the prevailing sentiment in the media: Reggie/Gruden thought the Bears picks would be higher, and Gute didn't want to throw in 2 R1's. I had read it was a R1 and some lower picks. So, the Bears offer was better.
Mack would look great on the GB D, but I have no idea what that would've done to their cap, and right now D ain't their problem.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-26-2019, 09:46 PM
For the first time in Packerrats history, I agree with Fritz about something. The German Shepherd has taken the draft to a whole new fucking level: Drafting stupid.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2019, 03:56 AM
With the Fresno Fraud nursing a toe sprain, the offense is being sucked into a titanic black hole.

German Shepherd could’ve avoided this shit altogether had he heed my ingenious My Mastery Mockery of a Draft.

I argued for the German Shepherd to draft DK Metcalf, Andy Isabella and current Bears rookie sensation Riley Ridley. Granted, Isabella and Ridley have been stuck on the inactive list. But they are sixpence times more Wu-Tang than the wankers currently playing WR for the Pack.

A Rodgers-Metcalf combo would’ve been deadlier than the Chris Martin/Coldplay-Rihanna combo in “Princess of China.”

pbmax
10-09-2019, 08:28 AM
Need a WR. Its a strange world when both Tank and tex have a good bead on the offense.

Need some better left tackle play and another WR. OLine not a tire at all (love Jenkins and Patrick) but a little too leaky.

mraynrand
10-09-2019, 09:56 AM
I argued for the German Shepherd to draft DK Metcalf, Andy Isabella and current Bears rookie sensation Riley Ridley.

Hot:
https://files.sharenator.com/427627.jpg

Not Hot:
https://usatbearswire.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/bears-riley-ridley.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

pbmax
10-10-2019, 09:55 PM
You know, I missed the Bears rookie sensation post.

I also missed him in the three Bears games I have watched.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-16-2020, 03:09 AM
Could German Shepherd’s failure to acquire a Wu-Tang WR be the reason the Packers won’t be playing in Miami?

The truth is out there.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 07:51 AM
Could German Shepherd’s failure to acquire a Wu-Tang WR be the reason the Packers won’t be playing in Miami?

The truth is out there.

Consult the numerology and become enlightened.

pbmax
01-16-2020, 08:17 AM

The truth is out there.

Not even Wu-Tang batted a 1000.

My joke would have a killer callback line to a song/album/video if I actually knew anything specific about them :lol:

To adhere to first principles, Packers would not be in an NFC Championship game without Gute, so even if WR was a missed opportunity, he is the only guy that gets a pass this year.

pbmax
01-16-2020, 08:17 AM
Consult the numerology and become enlightened.

What we really need are this weekend's Power Ball numbers.

ThunderDan
01-16-2020, 09:25 AM
What we really need are this weekend's Power Ball numbers.

Wrong, what I need are this weekend's Power Ball numbers.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 09:43 AM

Nothing is written

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Mt_b2bwtV_w/TtqqN2ZFkgI/AAAAAAAAAbk/S3W7Lxt_dBY/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/lawrence_of_arabia_49_1024x768-6.jpg

ThunderDan
01-16-2020, 09:55 AM
Just so we know:

Riley Ridley - 6 catches 69 yards
Andy Isabella - 9 catches 189 yards 1 TD
DK Metcalf - 58 catches 900 yards 7 TDs

Packers:
Adams - 83 catches, 997 yards 5 TD
Lazard - 35 - 477 - 3
MVS - 26 - 452 - 2
Allison - 34 - 287 - 2
Kumerow - 14- 219 - 1

Anti-Polar Bear
01-16-2020, 10:11 AM
Not even Wu-Tang batted a 1000.

My joke would have a killer callback line to a song/album/video if I actually knew anything specific about them :lol:

To adhere to first principles, Packers would not be in an NFC Championship game without Gute, so even if WR was a missed opportunity, he is the only guy that gets a pass this year.

The Tennessee Titans have a better WR crops as a whole than the Packers, and nobody outside of Nashville can name a Titan WR off the top of their head. German Shepherd fucked up regarding the WR position, plain and simple. No excuse. Pack O is inconsistent b/c no one other than Adams can consistently get open.

Shoulda traded for OBJ, or drafted Metcalf.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 10:25 AM
Shoulda traded for OBJ

lol. Apparently, he will be in the Browns fire sale this offseason. Maybe you can get a team cancer for the low, low price of a third rounder.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-16-2020, 10:28 AM
Lazard - 35 - 477 - 3
MVS - 26 - 452 - 2
Allison - 34 - 287 - 2
Kumerow - 14- 219 - 1

Toothless numbers, especially for vets of NFL wars. Packers could use Isabella in the slot, especially with Sloth averaging 8 yards a catch (And Metcalf outside opposite Adams). What is Sloth, a fucking TE? No wonder the 11 Offense that LaFluer favors is so vanilla. With Sloth on the field, it's 10 guys on offense vs 11 on defense.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 10:40 AM
Toothless numbers, especially for vets of NFL wars. Packers could use Isabella in the slot, especially with Sloth averaging 8 yards a catch (And Metcalf outside opposite Adams). What is Sloth, a fucking TE? No wonder the 11 Offense that LaFluer favors is so vanilla. With Sloth on the field, it's 10 guys on offense vs 11 on defense.

I agree about the Sloth, but I woulda also drafted Ferdinand from Ohio State (Columbus). Those two would have unified the passing offense.

run pMc
01-16-2020, 10:42 AM
DK Metcalf is a good fit for the SEA scheme. That aside, he has played pretty good for a rookie. I'm skeptical he would have been 70% as productive this year in the MLF offense - I think he'd basically be running the routes they gave MVS. His injury history and agility scores were worrisome.

Gute still needs to draft a WR. In fact, with Adams in his prime they probably need to draft a few over the next few years to restock. The more weapons Rodgers (and his successor) has the better.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-16-2020, 10:49 AM
lol. Apparently, he will be in the Browns fire sale this offseason. Maybe you can get a team cancer for the low, low price of a third rounder.

Cancer? In the rye, OBJ is an emotional and passionate player. An egotist, perhaps. But the dude wants to win as badly as I desire to procreate. Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to be a champion of the world.

Off the field, OBJ's only sin is, he's prone to betraying his race for Aryan women. That, and handing out cash to exploited students-athletes. Why are you and your ilk still against interracial relationships?

Anti-Polar Bear
01-16-2020, 11:05 AM
DK Metcalf is a good fit for the SEA scheme. That aside, he has played pretty good for a rookie. I'm skeptical he would have been 70% as productive this year in the MLF offense - I think he'd basically be running the routes they gave MVS. His injury history and agility scores were worrisome.

Gute still needs to draft a WR. In fact, with Adams in his prime they probably need to draft a few over the next few years to restock. The more weapons Rodgers (and his successor) has the better.

Metcalf ain't Greg Jennings as a route runner, but he's probably better at that than MVS. Plus, Metcalf has high football IQ, something Rodgers likes in his reciever. MVS is in Rodgers' doghouse b/c he makes alotta mental mistakes (e.g., not running correct routes, not grasping hot route signals, not finding open space when plays break down, etc.). Metcalf is starting to remind me of Jordy Nelson.

ThunderDan
01-16-2020, 01:23 PM
Off the field, OBJ's only sin is, he's prone to betraying his race for Aryan women. That, and handing out cash to exploited students-athletes. Why are you and your ilk still against interracial relationships?

Just stop this shit! It isn't needed and makes you look like more of a jagoff than before!

Zool
01-16-2020, 01:33 PM
I agree about the Sloth, but I woulda also drafted Ferdinand from Ohio State (Columbus). Those two would have unified the passing offense.

Would you say you were....bullish on him before the season?

Zool
01-16-2020, 01:34 PM
Metcalf ain't Greg Jennings as a route runner, but he's probably better at that than MVS. Plus, Metcalf has high football IQ, something Rodgers likes in his reciever. MVS is in Rodgers' doghouse b/c he makes alotta mental mistakes (e.g., not running correct routes, not grasping hot route signals, not finding open space when plays break down, etc.). Metcalf is starting to remind me of Jordy Nelson.

Sigh.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 02:14 PM
Would you say you were....bullish on him before the season?

Just keep him out of the Balkans.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 02:15 PM
Just stop this shit! It isn't needed and makes you look like more of a jagoff than before!

Inconceivable.

Smidgeon
01-16-2020, 02:33 PM
Just so we know:

Riley Ridley - 6 catches 69 yards
Andy Isabella - 9 catches 189 yards 1 TD
DK Metcalf - 58 catches 900 yards 7 TDs

Packers:
Adams - 83 catches, 997 yards 5 TD
Lazard - 35 - 477 - 3
MVS - 26 - 452 - 2
Allison - 34 - 287 - 2
Kumerow - 14- 219 - 1

I didn't want Metcalf. I wanted AJ Brown. His year has gone alright. But not sure I'd trade Savage for him long term.

pbmax
01-16-2020, 03:09 PM
The Tennessee Titans have a better WR crops as a whole than the Packers, and nobody outside of Nashville can name a Titan WR off the top of their head.

Corey Flintoff.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 04:43 PM
Cancer? In the rye, OBJ is an emotional and passionate player. An egotist, perhaps. But the dude wants to win as badly as I desire to procreate. Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to be a champion of the world.

Relax. Have a cigar.

Gotarace
04-23-2020, 10:43 PM
I'll leave this Right Here

run pMc
04-23-2020, 11:07 PM
Rodgers has 4 years left on his contract and wants to play to 40, drafting Jordan Love feels way premature. Trading UP for him feels egregious.

Joemailman
04-23-2020, 11:40 PM
Rodgers has 4 years left on his contract and wants to play to 40, drafting Jordan Love feels way premature. Trading UP for him feels egregious.

I thought it was a little early too. But if you believe in a QB, paying that price is nothing. If Love turns out to be a great QB, nobody will care about that 4th round pick.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 01:00 AM
I thought it was a little early too. But if you believe in a QB, paying that price is nothing. If Love turns out to be a great QB, nobody will care about that 4th round pick.

That “IF” basically destroyed a 4 year Super Bowl run we had and I thought we were close. Gute jumps off the reservation AGAIN and is sacrificing all of that for a guy that threw 17 interceptions last year at Utah State and his play was underwhelming. He has accuracy issues. He is not blazing fast or some great athlete. He was arrested for marijuana charges before his bowl game(which they lost). All he has is a strong arm. I watched him in 4-5 games last year and he is noting special. This isn’t like Aaron Rodgers coming out of Cal.

I don’t see all this upside. Worst case scenario we have another Desean Kizer. Best case scenario maybe Josh Allen. Still a bottom half QB. This isn’t like when the Chiefs jumped up for Pattrick Mahommes. There is no “It Factor” with Jordan Love.

Sorry. but this is another Packer Draft Debacle. And people wonder why we can’t win more Super Bowls.

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2020, 01:17 AM
What's done is done. The way to maintain sanity is to reconcile it in your mind and hope for the best.

The Packers aren't that far from the top. Gutekunst has been more good than bad when you consider the whole picture - free agency and the draft. Get a good speed receiver, which we still have a strong chance to do, and the offense is a lot better. Upgrade the D Line just a little bit, and the D improves a lot. We may already have replaced Martinez adequately.

R-E-L-A-X.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 03:21 AM
What's done is done. The way to maintain sanity is to reconcile it in your mind and hope for the best.

The Packers aren't that far from the top. Gutekunst has been more good than bad when you consider the whole picture - free agency and the draft. Get a good speed receiver, which we still have a strong chance to do, and the offense is a lot better. Upgrade the D Line just a little bit, and the D improves a lot. We may already have replaced Martinez adequately.

R-E-L-A-X.

Did you not see what the Niners did tonight? Omg, they went and got Kinlaw and then they made the trade of the draft getting Aiyuk. I’m sorry but we should of been the team making that trade. Then we trade up and give up a 4th for a back up QB that best case scenario needs 2-3 years to develop. It’s becoming very difficult to trust the process at this time with the decisions of Gary last year and now this.

I understand what’s done is done but this is just maddening. A lot of people are losing faith quickly.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:28 AM
Brandon - There is no fucking way Packers can compete with teams like SF. Just way too strong as last season showed Packers not in same class.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:50 AM
Brandon - There is no fucking way Packers can compete with teams like SF. Just way too strong as last season showed Packers not in same class.

Baloney. Same thing was said about the 49ers and Cowboys in the 90s. Nothing stays the same. Packers need to improve but its possible.

bobblehead
04-24-2020, 09:28 AM
This season is big for Gutes imo. He has nailed the HC and spent all the money TT left him with, but to me his drafting has been pretty bad. He is truly the anti TT. You can win being anti TT, but I prefer the slow methodical team build that Ted offered.

2018:

Round 1: CB Jaire Alexander ........stud, good pick and we picked up capital making it. Still wonder if Derwin James at our pick was the right play.
Round 2: CB Josh Jackson. ........Looks like a bust. Can barely hit the field.
Round 3: LB Oren Burks. ....... Ditto above
Round 4: WR J'Mon Moore. .......how is cleveland treating you?
Round 5: OL Cole Madison. ......At least he reported to the team last year
Round 5: P JK Scott. ......so streaky. but a punter in the 5th should be a stud
Round 5: WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling. ......still my best hope to save this draft. Was hurt in year 2. This year defines him
Round 6: WR Equanimeous St...........Ditto above about this year defining him

2019:

No. 12: Rashan Gary, DL, Better improve massively. Nothing to show or grade so far
No. 21 (from Seahawks): Darnell Savage.....Meh. So far wasn't worth trading up for. He may be ok. Still not happy with the pick
No. 44: Elgton Jenkins.....Probably Gutes best pick so far. Stayed put and landed a stud in 2nd round
No. 75: Jace Sternberger.....I have some hope for him, but will never be a game changer. He can be serviceable at least as a starter.
No. 150: Kingsley Keke....time will tell. Takes a minute for DL
No. 185: Ka'dar Hollman....how come we keep hearing about all the young cbs then none of them improve?
No. 194: Dexter Williams....a position that doesn't take time is taking its time
No. 226: Ty Summers....probably not any long term answer. ST guy

And now add trading up for a QB with Rodgers playing well and having 4 years on contract. I'm not impressed.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:42 AM
No. 194: Dexter Williams....a position that doesn't take time is taking its time

Poetic and prophetic. Love it.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 09:43 AM
Honestly, I think Gute still believes in Lowry/Lancaster and MVS/ESB.

Fritz
04-24-2020, 09:46 AM

Well THAT'S not good.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Well THAT'S not good.

I distrust those evaluations more than the Love pick.

I get the offense part though. It was a top 10 offense despite missing some important threats.

The defense was better than past couple of years but still problematic.

I will say this. Lots of teams hit on first rounder more often than the Packers (Giants come to mind). But they still usually stink. If you think the first round is for difference makers rather than just starters, then the Love pick might be for you.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:28 AM

With current moves they are making your 100 percent right.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-24-2020, 11:30 AM
Yo, what race is Love?

I was just watching the Love pick on the YouTube, and NFL Network showed Love surrounded by that shit that the Fast and the Furious folks love, and what I aint got, family. Saw an Asian dude, 2 white chicks, 2 black chicks, a kid and a dog.

They said Love's a poor man's Mahome. Anyways, this pick will provide the Great Arm of Butte with great motivation to be great again. And Love, playing on the scout team, will better prepare the hapless, toothless Pack D against the likes of Mahome, Watson, Jackson and them other unnatural QBs out there.

That being said, what a wasteful pick. Rodgers just needs to dump that NASCAR cougar and crawl back to Yoko, and he'll be great again. Remember, Lennon composed his best shit while in love with Yoko.

Shoulda stayed put and drafted Jon Taylor, RB, Wisconsin. Ahman Green was Favre's BFF during the Sherman era. The Frog (LeFluer) loves to run the rock. Taylor is a poor man's Ahman Green. Rodgers could use a BFF, especially with the wankers at WR.

Shoulda drafted Metcalf last year.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:44 AM
I would of LOVED Johnathan Taylor over this mess. Hell, I’d even be down with some corner from a small school over this.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 11:45 AM
If only we had a Poor Man running the draft instead of Guter.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Gute has clearly shown that he is not some NFL talent evaluating genius. He is more like the guy that goes into the casino and throws every chip on “Green 00” on the roulette table.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 12:27 PM
I would of LOVED Johnathan Taylor over this mess. Hell, I’d even be down with some corner from a small school over this.

If you could have asked us at that spot what ONE player not to draft I'd bet nearly everybody in this forum would have said Jordan Love. But time will tell.

I would have LOVED Jonathan Taylor over several guys.

But had we drafted JT Goooters would have been getting roasted in here too

pbmax
04-24-2020, 02:22 PM
Cheesehead TV is saying YES, you could trade Rodgers in 2020, as long as its post June.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/can-the-packers-trade-aaron-rodgers-if-so-when-520?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-rodgers/1085/

But the kicker is that you don't get savings at the QB position until 2023 when you get 2 years of (basically) Free Love.

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2020, 04:43 PM
I expected them to draft Mims, but I wanted them to draft Jonathan Taylor. The dream scenario still is that he falls to us in the second and we take him. The other way it could happen would be trading up to get him in the second. I doubt that happens, but I'd be thrilled to see it.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 04:50 PM
I expected them to draft Mims, but I wanted them to draft Jonathan Taylor. The dream scenario still is that he falls to us in the second and we take him. The other way it could happen would be trading up to get him in the second. I doubt that happens, but I'd be thrilled to see it.

Multiple things or moves would of been better. End of Legacy. Oh well, It was fun while it lasted. I’ll always cherish the memories of Rodgers and everything he did for the franchise. He was GREATNESS and to me will always be the GOAT. To bad we couldn’t fully take advantage of His talent.

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2020, 05:02 PM
Hell No, it ain't any end of a legacy or shit like that. Sheeeeesh, don't get hyterical. R-E-L-A-X.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 05:07 PM
Hell No, it ain't any end of a legacy or shit like that. Sheeeeesh, don't get hyterical. R-E-L-A-X.

The legacy is over in Green Bay. They keep him one more year tops but that doesn’t make much sense really at this point.

smuggler
04-24-2020, 05:07 PM
Btw, Smuggler, anytime you don't like a post of mine, say it to my face for all to see, like a man. Quit sending me private notifications about how much you hate my posts - I don't know how to reply to that shit. :tup:

It's easier to just use the reputation system to give you feedback. Kind of like conditioning a dog.

KYPack
04-24-2020, 08:51 PM
It's easier to just use the reputation system to give you feedback. Kind of like conditioning a dog.

That's the idea Smug.

Beat him like a rented mule!

wist43
04-24-2020, 11:03 PM

Lowry is a low-end rotation guy, but an NFL caliber player; Lancaster needs to be a bouncer at a titty bar; MVS has proven he can't play; jury is still out on ESB - hoping he can step up.

Gute fired himself this weekend though... he'll be gone after the 2023 season.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-18-2022, 12:55 PM
Bump like the time I bumped into Post Malone at a Walmart in Arizona.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-18-2022, 12:58 PM
Yo, what race is Love?

I was just watching the Love pick on the YouTube, and NFL Network showed Love surrounded by that shit that the Fast and the Furious folks love, and what I aint got, family. Saw an Asian dude, 2 white chicks, 2 black chicks, a kid and a dog.

They said Love's a poor man's Mahome. Anyways, this pick will provide the Great Arm of Butte with great motivation to be great again. And Love, playing on the scout team, will better prepare the hapless, toothless Pack D against the likes of Mahome, Watson, Jackson and them other unnatural QBs out there.

That being said, what a wasteful pick. Rodgers just needs to dump that NASCAR cougar and crawl back to Yoko, and he'll be great again. Remember, Lennon composed his best shit while in love with Yoko.

Shoulda stayed put and drafted Jon Taylor, RB, Wisconsin. Ahman Green was Favre's BFF during the Sherman era. The Frog (LeFluer) loves to run the rock. Taylor is a poor man's Ahman Green. Rodgers could use a BFF, especially with the wankers at WR.

Shoulda drafted Metcalf last year.

Bump like Bobble bumping up his old posts just to prove that he was right all along and that he’s a narcissist. :)

run pMc
11-18-2022, 01:49 PM
Gute's been ok. He and MLF just signed extensions so they aren't going anywhere.

He's done pretty good on the pro personnel side with Campbell, Rasul, ZSmith, PSmith, Turner, Amos, Rudy Ford, etc.

The drafts have been uneven at best -- some picks that panned out (Gary, Jenkins, Jaire) some that bombed spectacularly (Round 3). He tends to lean a little risky on the boom/bust vs. football player picks, which can bite you if the pick never develops. You end up with a lot of "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" players.

How Gute & MLF do post-Rodgers will speak volumes about their abilities.

The cap management has been iffy with Rodgers et al., but that's also Russ Ball and I think Murphy probably encouraged them to go all-in. Problem is, a deep run requires many things going right and almost none of them have this year. They've also had incredibly bad luck at times this year with what are essentially random events (turnovers and penalties) - I don't think that's on Gute.

Right now I'd give him a C+ or B-.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-18-2022, 03:06 PM
Gute's been ok. He and MLF just signed extensions so they aren't going anywhere.

He's done pretty good on the pro personnel side with Campbell, Rasul, ZSmith, PSmith, Turner, Amos, Rudy Ford, etc.

The drafts have been uneven at best -- some picks that panned out (Gary, Jenkins, Jaire) some that bombed spectacularly (Round 3). He tends to lean a little risky on the boom/bust vs. football player picks, which can bite you if the pick never develops. You end up with a lot of "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" players.

How Gute & MLF do post-Rodgers will speak volumes about their abilities.

The cap management has been iffy with Rodgers et al., but that's also Russ Ball and I think Murphy probably encouraged them to go all-in. Problem is, a deep run requires many things going right and almost none of them have this year. They've also had incredibly bad luck at times this year with what are essentially random events (turnovers and penalties) - I don't think that's on Gute.

Right now I'd give him a C+ or B-.

The offense is impotent. The defense is inconsistent. Special teams continue to suck. All with the German Shepherd’s players.

Is Barry a terrible coordinator? Is the Italian ST coach overpaid? Is the Frog’s playcalling vanilla? Sure, coaching matters. And defense may win championships, but offense wins regular season games. With all the wankers the Packers have at WR, TE and OL, the blame lies with the German Shepherd.

Do you honestly believe the Packers would be 4-7 with Metcalf and/or Brown?

bobblehead
11-19-2022, 07:57 AM
My reactions to all this.

I miss Pbmax....also miss his previous avatar.

I don't miss GBbrandon....as in nothing about him.

Tank makes me laugh. Comping Rodgers to Lennon is actually damn funny given his relationships.

Bretsky nails it even going forward as far as Gutes drafting guys fans want least. A QB(need at WR in a WR draft), Gary (who worked out actually), Walker (many of us didn't even know who he was)

I hope wist is ok. I'd love him to return to see if his 2023 prediction is correct. Nostrawistus.

bobblehead
11-19-2022, 07:58 AM
Bump like Bobble bumping up his old posts just to prove that he was right all along and that he’s a narcissist. :)

I acknowledge that both assessments are correct. :)