PDA

View Full Version : Pussifying Football

texaspackerbacker
11-11-2018, 07:55 PM
I absolutely HATE these idiotic God damned rules against the kind of block thrown by St. Brown as well as the one called on Davante Adams. That St. Brown block was absolutely a thing of beauty! And the piece of shit fag commentator comes on and says "that can get people hurt" ...... well fuck yeah, and anybody worried about that shouldn't be playing football for multiple millions of dollars - and fag idiots whining about it shouldn't be paid to be commentators.

Tony Oday
11-11-2018, 08:06 PM
100% legal, hit him in front, shoulder to chest. Should not have been flagged.

mraynrand
11-11-2018, 11:01 PM
The Adams block has to initiate above the waist. It was a close call, but annoyingly correct. I also thought the EQ block was OK - the defender should have been able to see that block coming. He was in no way blind-sided. Still, I guess the refs have leeway in interpreting 'defenseless' But a defenseless defender? Oh well, at least it didn't cost a W like the Matthews hit against MN.

Tony Oday
11-11-2018, 11:23 PM
The Adams block has to initiate above the waist. It was a close call, but annoyingly correct. I also thought the EQ block was OK - the defender should have been able to see that block coming. He was in no way blind-sided. Still, I guess the refs have leeway in interpreting 'defenseless' But a defenseless defender? Oh well, at least it didn't cost a W like the Matthews hit against MN.

CMIII still cant hit a QB without landing on them with his full weight.

gbgary
11-11-2018, 11:30 PM
Football Zebras admitted it was a legal hit.http://www.footballzebras.com/2018/11/quick-calls-week-10-liveblog/

Anti-Polar Bear
11-12-2018, 03:29 AM
I absolutely HATE these idiotic God damned rules against the kind of block thrown by St. Brown as well as the one called on Davante Adams. That St. Brown block was absolutely a thing of beauty! And the piece of shit fag commentator comes on and says "that can get people hurt" ...... well fuck yeah, and anybody worried about that shouldn't be playing football for multiple millions of dollars - and fag idiots whining about it shouldn't be paid to be commentators.

While I concur with you about the NFL evolving into pussy cat league, I wholeheartedly do not endorse any of your bigoted comments about Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon being homosexuals.

Gannon and Harlan would be CBS’s #1 team if I were the fishmonger in charge of that network. They’re pretty in sync with each other.

Fritz
11-12-2018, 11:10 AM

When I was watching the game with my wife, I saw the Davante Adams block in slo-mo, and I said to her that that was exactly the way you'd be taught to block in the 70's and 80's, so it's weird to see something you grew up understanding as a textbook block now being penalized. But it is what it is.

And really, Tex, all this talk about "pussifying" and "fags"? If you want to go down that road, well, how manly is it, really, to throw yourself at another man's knees???

Carolina_Packer
11-12-2018, 11:29 AM
When I was watching the game with my wife, I saw the Davante Adams block in slo-mo, and I said to her that that was exactly the way you'd be taught to block in the 70's and 80's, so it's weird to see something you grew up understanding as a textbook block now being penalized. But it is what it is.

And really, Tex, all this talk about "pussifying" and "fags"? If you want to go down that road, well, how manly is it, really, to throw yourself at another man's knees???

I'm OK with the emphasis on ridding the game of the crack back block. Knees are a significant part of the ability to play at a high level for many players, including Adams. As for St. Brown, I agree that the replay, even with difference in height, EQ issued the perfect location for the block. Those plays are so bang-bang, that you'd almost have to go to replay to see where he really hit him to make sure it wasn't in the helmet, by accident or otherwise. Is that sort of play stoppage desired? They are now treating this like a rub or pick play, where you have to just get in the way of the defender in pursuit, vs. sizing him up for a big block like EQ did. I'd say that call was questionable at best. You see these sort of back-side hits on the boards in hockey all the time. Leave the head out of it, and I'm OK with it.

hoosier
11-12-2018, 11:47 AM

Well, as long as you don't go down on him...You know, new helmet laws and all.

texaspackerbacker
11-12-2018, 12:45 PM
I wasn't talking about whether or not the two blocks were within the rules. Adams was clearly illegal and St. Brown probably not, but my gripe is with the God damned rules. NFL players get played many millions $ to basically go out there and have fun - something most of us in our time woulda done just about anything to be able to do. If they don't accept significant risk - and it really isn't even that and never was even before these stupid rule changes, then they can go all Chris Borland - wimp out and quit the game.

As for calling it pussifying the game or calling the damn commentators who defend the idiocy FAGS, that reflects my anger those stupid rule changes. That piece of crap, Harlan - I HOPE - isn't related to Bob Harlan, the Packer icon is he? His damn voice reminds me of Marv Albert who really was a God damned FAG.

As for it being "bigoted" - as if I even give a shit, that word strictly applies to RACE in my book. Fags or Muslims or whoever that are the despicable thing that they are due to attitude or belief don't generate the label of bigot ....... and fuck anybody that wants to whine about it.

MadScientist
11-12-2018, 02:21 PM
If all you want is to see people get concussed, seriously injured or killed, stick with boxing or MMA.

George Cumby
11-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Only fags get concussed.

Only homos worry about long term health ramifications of too many blows to the head.

Only pussies are afraid of double knee replacements before the age of 50.

yetisnowman
11-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Tex's obsession with "FAGS" , is classic psychological projection. Don't mind him. He's just repressed.

pbmax
11-12-2018, 03:14 PM
In my experience, pussys are pretty tough.

Joemailman
11-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Tex's obsession with "FAGS" , is classic psychological projection. Don't mind him. He's just repressed.

Time for APB to get working on Tex Is Trapped In The Closet.

KYPack
11-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Tex, not your finest posts by any means. Too many F references. 5 in both posts at latest count. Kevin Harlan is Bob Harlan's son.

You probably should have added a "And get off my lawn" at the end of the first one.

red
11-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Football Zebras admitted it was a legal hit.http://www.footballzebras.com/2018/11/quick-calls-week-10-liveblog/

i told ras in the GDT it was legas

the defender had just turned to be running about 90% straight upfield. EQ was running straight downfield. how the hell is it even a blindside?

there is noway the defender didn't see the hit coming, unless he has his eyes closed

plus its always nice getting to see a wr deliver a massive shot to a DB for a change

good question by a guy responding to that video

do guys no longer need to "keep their head on a swivel"? . seems like the NFL has almost completely taken away the need to do that,opening up guys to get blown up by legal hits like this one

texaspackerbacker
11-12-2018, 04:44 PM
hahahahahaha Your rational and civil objection is noted, KYP - and in stark contrast to several others.

No shit, he really is Bob Harlan's son, huh? All this hyper-concern for safety just pisses me off. I say again, they get paid so much that the various injuries should be an acceptable risk - or they can Borland out. Sorry for the F-laced tirade although I see no reason to avoid putting down "those people".

pbmax
11-12-2018, 06:09 PM
I say again, they get paid so much that the various injuries should be an acceptable risk

Love it when fans decide how much other people should accept. Its truly special.

texaspackerbacker
11-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Love it when fans decide how much other people should accept. Its truly special.

We do pay their salaries after all; And I did say they could Borland their way out if they don't like the risk compared to the reward. I HATE it that they (whoever the assholes may be) are trying to water down OUR entertainment with these stupid safety rules. If any of ya'all don't think those safety rules are stupid, that's your privilege, but I sure as hell do.

In addition, I bet if you took a poll of the players - the ones the stupid rules are supposedly protecting, they would say hell no to that silly shit.

pbmax
11-12-2018, 07:02 PM
We do pay their salaries after all; And I did say they could Borland their way out if they don't like the risk compared to the reward. I HATE it that they (whoever the assholes may be) are trying to water down OUR entertainment with these stupid safety rules. If any of ya'all don't think those safety rules are stupid, that's your privilege, but I sure as hell do.

In addition, I bet if you took a poll of the players - the ones the stupid rules are supposedly protecting, they would say hell no to that silly shit.

Current players will say this. Those that are older might give you a different answer, especially if they are suffering.

I'll need to see your check stubs to take this paying claim literally.

But the larger point, that eyeballs in someway eventually lead to someone parting with money to pay the League is correct. But according to this season, people like this brand of football and are willing to see more. Seems like offense is more appreciated by the public. Hmmm.

You can find more brutal entertainment if you wish in MMA or boxing. But you have no right to football being maximally violent.

I remember the old days (70s) did not feature the same level of physical violence that the 80s and 90s did. QBs were more at risk, but they threw less often prior to rules changes. But better helmets and pads made players headhunters (Atwater, Easley), formerly were shunned by most players now heroes. I prefer the arc of Deacon Jones, who was most famous for a move (head slap) that was banned in the middle of his career. He adjusted.

Chuck Cecil (who I am convinced was thoroughly mediocre) became a hero because he was bleeding all the time with an ill fitting helmet pad and poor technique. Go watch the Steelers Steel Curtain and you will see violence, but it happens in close quarters or 1/2 speed compared to today.

Todays game has too much improved technology to protect the hitters and not enough to protect the hittees. I mostly blame the Steelers coaches who started to preach creating turnovers with defenders heads.

KYPack
11-12-2018, 08:11 PM
hahahahahaha Your rational and civil objection is noted, KYP - and in stark contrast to several others.

No shit, he really is Bob Harlan's son, huh? All this hyper-concern for safety just pisses me off. I say again, they get paid so much that the various injuries should be an acceptable risk - or they can Borland out. Sorry for the F-laced tirade although I see no reason to avoid putting down "those people".

Sorry Tex. I didn't mean to be civil and rational, I was trying to give you a jolt.

Guess my powder was wet and I didn't give you a very good blast.

mraynrand
11-12-2018, 10:38 PM

Try flowers a nice card and some expensive wine.

George Cumby
11-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Try flowers a nice card and some expensive wine.

I always had good luck with a can of Friskies.

red
11-13-2018, 10:28 AM

Why are you going after old ladies?

mraynrand
11-13-2018, 10:54 AM

no wonder your wife divorced you

hoosier
11-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Sorry Tex. I didn't mean to be civil and rational, I was trying to give you a jolt.

Guess my powder was wet and I didn't give you a very good blast.

Pussy.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 04:39 PM
Why are you going after old ladies?

Its not the years, its the mileage.

mraynrand
11-13-2018, 04:48 PM

you're a cheap date.

George Cumby
11-13-2018, 06:54 PM
you're a cheap date.

Whatever works. She’s sitting on my lap and purring atm.

KYPack
11-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Pussy.

Hey Hoosier.

I couldn't hack it, so I got my jacket.