PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carrol is an Idiot Thread

pbmax
11-13-2018, 09:42 AM
Seahawks game on Thursday. Packers in all White unis, which are great. I hope Seattle is in all neon green. Boneheads.

Here is the theoretical injury report from the non-existing practice Monday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr11XC0X4AAzIEo.jpg:large

mraynrand
11-13-2018, 11:08 AM
After starting the first two games trying to run their old offense, Seattle has almost completely given up on the passing game. They've run for more than 150 yards the past 6 games in a row, and ran for 273 - 273, that's right - against the LA Rams in Sunday's game. They put up 190 on LA the last time they played too.

Pete Carroll really hates the Packers and wants to win. Expect a ton of running, but also expect the playbook to be wide open with every trick/misdirection passing play they have.

texaspackerbacker
11-13-2018, 12:25 PM
Carroll is a sleazy piece of crap with a history of cheating going back to U.S.C., but one thing he ain't is an idiot.

Teamcheez1
11-13-2018, 12:38 PM
After starting the first two games trying to run their old offense, Seattle has almost completely given up on the passing game. They've run for more than 150 yards the past 6 games in a row, and ran for 273 - 273, that's right - against the LA Rams in Sunday's game. They put up 190 on LA the last time they played too.

Pete Carroll really hates the Packers and wants to win. Expect a ton of running, but also expect the playbook to be wide open with every trick/misdirection passing play they have.

Seattle will run at least 3 fake punts and 2 fake FG's catching the Packers special teams off guard each time.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Carroll is a sleazy piece of crap with a history of cheating going back to U.S.C., but one thing he ain't is an idiot.

Have you forgotten the Super Bowl he lost to the Patriots and Fred Brown (I mean Malcolm Butler)?

9/11 conspiracy enthusiast?

That he once challenged a reporter to not drink any water for as long as they could?

His stint with the Jets?

His stint with the Patriots?

Getting fined for sneaking Russell Wilson back into a game without going through the concussion protocol, a violation so hard to trigger that the Seahawks might be the only team to have been found in violation of the protocol?

Hiring Brian Schottenheimer to coordinate the offense?

hoosier
11-13-2018, 02:09 PM
Have you forgotten the Super Bowl he lost to the Patriots and Fred Brown (I mean Malcolm Butler)?

9/11 conspiracy enthusiast?

That he once challenged a reporter to not drink any water for as long as they could?

His stint with the Jets?

His stint with the Patriots?

Getting fined for sneaking Russell Wilson back into a game without going through the concussion protocol, a violation so hard to trigger that the Seahawks might be the only team to have been found in violation of the protocol?

Hiring Brian Schottenheimer to coordinate the offense?

Remember to whom you are speaking.....

mraynrand
11-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Seattle will run at least 3 fake punts and 2 fake FG's catching the Packers special teams off guard each time.

That seems a tad excessive, but I hope the coaches are preparing for each scenario. :)

pbmax
11-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Remember to whom you are speaking.....

I can handle anything but trutherism.

mraynrand
11-13-2018, 02:57 PM
I can handle anything but trutherism.

Pete Carroll is a special kind of insane. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that he eats only carrots and lemonade, finds wisdom in the pages of Pottery Barn, and sleeps twice a day for 36 minutes.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Pete Carroll is a special kind of insane. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that he eats only carrots and lemonade, finds wisdom in the pages of Pottery Barn, and sleeps twice a day for 36 minutes.

You know he does a juice cleanse while reading mercenary ads in Guns and Ammo.

Rutnstrut
11-13-2018, 05:43 PM
You know he does a juice cleanse while reading mercenary ads in Guns and Ammo.

Wait, doesn't everyone do this?

Joemailman
11-13-2018, 06:16 PM
That seems a tad excessive, but I hope the coaches are preparing for each scenario. :)

Zook didn't have them prepared for a fake punt against Miami on a 4th and 1 with the score 28-12 late in the 3rd. Color me nervous.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Wait, doesn't everyone do this?

Guns and Ammo is a little too hippy dippy for me.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Zook didn't have them prepared for a fake punt against Miami on a 4th and 1 with the score 28-12 late in the 3rd. Color me nervous.

Of all the baseline accusations of McCarthy's management, the special teams disasters year after year are the most damning indictment. It has to be practice related.

I'd demand he be fired just for that if there were not other good coaches who always had terrible special teams.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 09:10 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
#Packers who won’t travel to Seattle: S Kentrell Brice, WR Randall Cobb, CB Kevin King and LB Nick Perry

Maybe they can bus their way there like Madden and make the game.

pbmax
11-13-2018, 09:21 PM
Go Trainers Go

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr6nGGaXcAEir1_.jpg:large

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2018, 06:51 AM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
#Packers who won’t travel to Seattle: S Kentrell Brice, WR Randall Cobb, CB Kevin King and LB Nick Perry

Maybe they can bus their way there like Madden and make the game.

What the hell is wrong with Cobb? Is he defining milksopism b/c he's a pending free agent and doesn't want to be nursing an injury in free agency? Might as well just put Cobb on IR and activate Kumerrow.

pbmax
11-14-2018, 08:00 AM
Football Perspective @fbgchase
Since 1950, only two RBs have ever had 7 games with more than 5 rushes and over 5 YPC in their team's first 9 games:

Jim Brown, 1958
Jim Brown, 1963
Aaron Jones, 2018

I think we all know this is overstating it, but its a measure of how much more there is to be harvested from the running game with Jones.

pbmax
11-14-2018, 08:02 AM
Rodgers under center as he was in a lot of the early game versus the Dolphins might mean he is truly getting healthier.

You probably don't do that with play action if he is still gimpy.

Should be a good sign.

bobblehead
11-14-2018, 10:44 AM

By not practicing. Clearly this team doesn't need practice.

bobblehead
11-14-2018, 10:49 AM
Since 1950, only two RBs have ever had 7 games with more than 5 rushes and over 5 YPC in their team's first 9 games:

Jim Brown, 1958
Jim Brown, 1963
Aaron Jones, 2018

I think we all know this is overstating it, but its a measure of how much more there is to be harvested from the running game with Jones.

And how badly M3 has mismanaged this roster. I do give props for Gutes trading/cutting everyone who shouldn't be on the field, but Stubby kept putting out there. House, Monty (although I would have preferred Williams go first), HaHa, Whitehead. I'LL MAKE YOU PLAY THE BETTER PLAYERS!!!

bobblehead
11-14-2018, 10:50 AM
What the hell is wrong with Cobb? Is he defining milksopism b/c he's a pending free agent and doesn't want to be nursing an injury in free agency? Might as well just put Cobb on IR and activate Kumerrow.

Hopefully Gutes next move!

mraynrand
11-14-2018, 12:05 PM

Jim Brown, 1958
Jim Brown, 1963
Aaron Jones, 2018

One of the least well-known facts about Jim Brown is that he was only tackled three times in his entire career.

pbmax
11-14-2018, 06:55 PM
One of the least well-known facts about Jim Brown is that he was only tackled three times in his entire career.

And each time he was looking the other way.

Joemailman
11-14-2018, 07:01 PM

I remember the last one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceGqXkrIMrs

The Shadow
11-14-2018, 07:05 PM

Jim Brown & Dick Butkus were the two best players I've ever seen.

mraynrand
11-14-2018, 07:52 PM
Jim Brown & Dick Butkus were the two best players I've ever seen.

For me it was Payton and LT

mraynrand
11-14-2018, 10:31 PM
So is it true that the Packers have never beaten Pete in Seattle? I have their last victory there being in 2008 versus the Holmgren/Charlie Frye Seachickens.

Looking at the Rams/Seattle game, Seattle will just run, run, run, with Russel Wilson very expertly choosing his spots to 'scramble' and taking very few shots downfield. Lockett and Baldwin don't offer much and their TEs are kinda lethargic. Running backs can pound, but have no burst. For the Packers it will be interesting to see who gets more snaps - Mt. Adams or Lancaster. Doubt we see Burks at all - even though he's athletically suited to spy Russell, he's just not reliable. I guess it will go to Jones mostly and Clay, until he suffers his typical concussion against Seattle....

I guess KJ Wright may be out on defense. Watch out for Shaquem and Shaquill - they give max effort. That seems to be the theme of the whole team other than Russell - they give great effort but the talent level is significantly lower than it used to be.

Should be a good match-up.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-15-2018, 12:02 AM
For me it was Payton and LT

Neon Deion and Favre for this man of virtues.

Generation Z’s are reading this and they’re like, who? A-Rod and Mack all day!

Fuck, I’m getting old.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2018, 08:52 AM
I'm a little bit worried about this game mainly because of Russell Wilson. The Packers seem to have a hard time containing a scrambling/running QB. Maybe it's because we play so much man coverage; Maybe it's because the only way we can get a pass rush is max blitzing; Wilson has hurt the Packers and could again if Pettine doesn't find a way to contain him.

As for Carroll, he is a cheater and a whiner. The Seahawks almost always get some calls their way because of that. We have been victimized that way before too. I still say the bastard ain't as stupid as some in here fantasize he is.

pbmax
11-15-2018, 09:29 AM
So is it true that the Packers have never beaten Pete in Seattle? I have their last victory there being in 2008 versus the Holmgren/Charlie Frye Seachickens.

Looking at the Rams/Seattle game, Seattle will just run, run, run, with Russel Wilson very expertly choosing his spots to 'scramble' and taking very few shots downfield. Lockett and Baldwin don't offer much and their TEs are kinda lethargic. Running backs can pound, but have no burst. For the Packers it will be interesting to see who gets more snaps - Mt. Adams or Lancaster. Doubt we see Burks at all - even though he's athletically suited to spy Russell, he's just not reliable. I guess it will go to Jones mostly and Clay, until he suffers his typical concussion against Seattle....

I guess KJ Wright may be out on defense. Watch out for Shaquem and Shaquill - they give max effort. That seems to be the theme of the whole team other than Russell - they give great effort but the talent level is significantly lower than it used to be.

Should be a good match-up.

Morrison will get Burks snaps on anything approaching a run down. My worry is when Seattle chooses to mix it up and run on the pass down with Burks in there (or Jones at ILB) and then pass to RB when Morrison is in there.

The answer, always, is for Morrison to just take someone out with a clean vicious hit each time they pass with him in there. That'll show 'em.

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 09:36 AM
Morrison will get Burks snaps on anything approaching a run down.

which is pretty much every down. So if/when d-backs play man, Russell will have better run success. Seattle won't really pass, but if they get that look, they will take advantage.

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 09:37 AM
(now watch Seattle go pass crazy tonight and have everything work...)

Tony Oday
11-15-2018, 11:00 AM
We will curb stomp these guys tonight, we have 1 win we need out of 8, lets go!

bobblehead
11-15-2018, 11:59 AM
Neon Deion and Favre for this man of virtues.

Generation Z’s are reading this and they’re like, who? A-Rod and Mack all day!

Fuck, I’m getting old.

Jerry Rice on offense and Reggie White on D