PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's opening expected to lure 100,000 - Richfield, WI

Fosco33
09-10-2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=492970

This is gonna be big, really big.

For all you looking for something to do - check this place out.

My dad got a job there and I can literally see the place from my childhood home - pretty cool stuff.

:D

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 11:11 AM
That will be a huge magnet as WI is filled with so many outdoor enthusiasts like hunters and fishermen.

Wonder if PETA will protest at the opening?

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 11:29 AM
That will be a huge magnet as WI is filled with so many outdoor enthusiasts like hunters and fishermen.

Wonder if PETA will protest at the opening?

Probably not if there will be 100,000 sportsmen with access to guns... :neutral:

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Fosco33:

Hope LIFE is treating YOU, very well ! :mrgreen:

I'm right now fatasizing being at that Outdoor Sporting Store with my deceased Father.

My ALL TIME. .BEST Friend and hunting and fishing Partner. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Do they have a website? I need a tent.

the_idle_threat
09-12-2006, 07:28 AM
I will definitely be checking it out. I talked to some people at Gander Mountain, and they're worried this store is gonna put em outta business. :cry:

Fosco33
09-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I will definitely be checking it out. I talked to some people at Gander Mountain, and they're worried this store is gonna put em outta business. :cry:

Tell 'em not to worry. My brother put it this way - there in different leagues and have totally different stuff. People will go to Cabela's and shop for unique (pricey) items and maybe scope some new gear - but they'll go buy it at GM b/c it's cheaper.

the_idle_threat
09-12-2006, 09:15 AM

Tell 'em not to worry. My brother put it this way - there in different leagues and have totally different stuff. People will go to Cabela's and shop for unique (pricey) items and maybe scope some new gear - but they'll go buy it at GM b/c it's cheaper.

Good point. :cool: That's pretty much what I told the guy. And I was at the store in Brookfield, too. I told the guy that they will be fine due to the convenience (distance) and price factors ... Cabela's is not known for being a low-price leader as far as I know. If any Gander Mtn store should be concerned, it's the one in Germantown, and even then only in the short term.

Both Gander Mtn and Cabela's need to worry more about Sportsman's Warehouse. There's a new one in West Bend, and it seems to have the best prices. I will probably go to Cabela's just to browse, and then buy at Sportsman's, Gander or Fleet Farm.

pittstang5
09-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Oh how I love Cabelas. By far my favorite store.

You're right about their prices. They do tend to be on the expensive side, but if you need it.....they got it.