PDA

View Full Version : Cheer For Bears Or Vikings This Week?

Joemailman
11-13-2018, 08:35 PM
These jerks play each other this week.

If Bears win, Packers could move into a tie with Vikings for last playoff spot (although Vikings would have the tie-breaker).

If Vikings win, Packers could move to with half a game of the Bears for the division lead.

QBME
11-13-2018, 08:51 PM
These jerks play each other this week.

If Bears win, Packers could move into a tie with Vikings for last playoff spot (although Vikings would have the tie-breaker).

If Vikings win, Packers could move to with half a game of the Bears for the division lead.

I have been raised to cheer for the Packers and whomever the Bears are playing. No matter what. Go Vikes!

pbmax
11-13-2018, 09:08 PM
boo

Pugger
11-13-2018, 10:50 PM
I want a tie in this game. :grin:

texaspackerbacker
11-14-2018, 12:09 AM
I'm for the Bears - they still are the weaker team of the two IMO and thus, less of a threat.

wpony
11-14-2018, 02:01 AM
I agree good place for a tie this week i hate both teams LOL

wist43
11-14-2018, 04:35 AM
Game doesn't matter to Packers in terms of playoffs b/c the Packers aren't going anywhere regardless.

Both the Bears and Vikings are better than the Packers.

Tony Oday
11-14-2018, 07:52 AM
Game doesn't matter to Packers in terms of playoffs b/c the Packers aren't going anywhere regardless.

Bears got beat by a one legged AR and the Vikes salvaged a tie because the refs gave it to them. The Packers are the best team in the North and will win 7 in a row.

pbmax
11-14-2018, 08:01 AM
Bears got beat by a one legged AR and the Vikes salvaged a tie because the refs gave it to them. The Packers are the best team in the North and will win 7 in a row.

Exactly. How you can watch a tie and a win and say the other two teams are better is beyond me.

The line between good and mediocre in this division is razor thin.

bobblehead
11-14-2018, 10:52 AM

If I didn't have history to look at I would agree. This is where MM breaks my heart by winning and saving his wretched soul.

texaspackerbacker
11-14-2018, 11:43 AM

+ 1

denverYooper
11-14-2018, 03:10 PM

Also the Lions were gifted that "muff" on the punt and it took a historically terrible day for Crosby for the Packers to lose that game.

I agree with PB that the NFC North is mediocre and would even go further than that to say that every team in the NFC besides New Orleans and Los Angeles is in the same boat. Most are a bounce here or there from .500.

gbgary
11-14-2018, 04:12 PM
I want a tie in this game. :grin:

i thought that too but i think chi is probably the way to go.

Pugger
11-15-2018, 07:39 AM
Also the Lions were gifted that "muff" on the punt and it took a historically terrible day for Crosby for the Packers to lose that game.

I agree with PB that the NFC North is mediocre and would even go further than that to say that every team in the NFC besides New Orleans and Los Angeles is in the same boat. Most are a bounce here or there from .500.

This.

I think we have a pretty good team but we screw up too much, especially on ST and offense with untimely turnovers. The team that makes the fewest mistakes is usually the one who wins.

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 09:18 AM
Let's see if I can recall the algorithm for this:

1) All things being equal, you root for the home team, because you never want a Divisional Opponent to get a huge leg up by winning a Divisional game on the road. That's the silver tuna in divisional 'gets' - a road win
2) You want the better team to get upset. You need your top rival to pick up losses any way they can, so you cheer for the underdog, even if it violates (1)
3) You only generally want the team with the better record to lose so long as it doesn't significantly and negatively impact (1) or other scenarios. ( see (4)).
4) You cheer for a divisional rival to be knocked out of playoff contention. For example, late in the season if the team with the better record already has playoff and home field sown up (or already has a higher seed than the Packers sown up), but the second team still has a shot at the playoffs, you want the better team to win, to knock out another hated rival. Except where this violates 1-3,5.
5) You want a weaker rival to squeak into the playoffs so you can beat them like an old shoe (like Minnesota in 2012). Root for that team to win if it doesn't violate 1-4.
6) You want result of game to maximumly help the packers in playoff or draft positioning. Sometimes it's not obvious how this will happen, so just enjoy the game and hope for the best(worst).
7) You want maximum pain to be delivered. Wish for a total brawl of a game with lots of suspensions and controversy that goes the full overtime. Hope that both teams look awful with lots of penalties, mistakes, and turnovers. Don't wish for injuries but enjoy any that take place, with exceptions for concussions and career-threatening injuries.

pbmax
11-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Just put it on GitHub already.

MadScientist
11-15-2018, 05:09 PM
I'm rooting for a tie with both teams playing so poorly they question the reasons for their franchises existence.

denverYooper
11-15-2018, 05:12 PM
I hope they both lose

pbmax
11-15-2018, 05:56 PM
I hope they both lose

How about one lose and the other get a pyrrhic victory?

Rastak
11-15-2018, 06:20 PM
I hope they both lose

I'm hoping the Vikings beat the living shit out of them.....of course I could possibly by slightly biased.

Harlan Huckleby
11-15-2018, 06:23 PM
I'm for the Bears - they still are the weaker team of the two IMO and thus, less of a threat.

Bears are coming on.

Harlan Huckleby
11-15-2018, 06:28 PM
There is hardly any difference between the three teams ahead of Lions. I think Bears are dangerous because Trubisky is really good and gaining confidence.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Bears are coming on.

BEARS STILL SUCK!

esoxx
11-15-2018, 07:20 PM
I'm hoping the Vikings beat the living shit out of them.....of course I could possibly by slightly biased.

Sounds like someone isn't over Alan Page finishing his career with the Bears. :lol:

I know I wouldn't be.

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 07:28 PM
There is hardly any difference between the three teams ahead of Lions. I think Bears are dangerous because Trubisky is really good and gaining confidence.

He woke up feeling dangerous Sunday morning too.

mraynrand
11-15-2018, 07:29 PM
Sounds like someone isn't over Alan Page finishing his career with the Bears. :lol:

I know I wouldn't be.

Eh..he was playing more like Neal Page by that time.