PDA

View Full Version : Is Aaron Rodgers even good anymore?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 11:01 AM
Damn. Maybe I need to allow my inner arsehole out more often. Let enough time pass, and all seems to be forgiven.

You can hope time heals it, but preparation H is more effective.

Fritz
01-11-2020, 11:02 AM
You stole Cleft Crusty's line.

mraynrand
01-11-2020, 11:35 AM
You stole Cleft Crusty's line.

I’m just a stupid idiom.

run pMc
01-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Part of me was thinking with all these huge WRs and TEs on the roster (6'3"+) Rodgers would take advantage of the catch radius, but then I realized he will rarely throw a closely contested ball -- it's too risky. It's a little maddening when you know the receiver has 4-5" on the CB, but I get not wanting to turn the ball over. This will be especially interesting now that it's the playoffs, where importance of turnovers/big plays are magnified. I'd like to see the route concepts and Rodgers' throws take advantage of this... Sterling Sharpe wasn't a burner, but he could post up like a power forward. Not sure Lazard or Graham can't do the same.

It also makes me think Gute/MLF need to reexamine the makeup of their receivers this offseason to add a smaller, shiftier receiver who can separate with good routes. Rodgers will throw to them if they can get so obviously open that even Cleft can see them without his spectacles.

For now they gotta play with who they got.

texaspackerbacker
01-11-2020, 12:10 PM
Yet we went 13-3 hahahaha. We're adding this hotshot Canadian League guy who kinda fits what you're asking for. I think/hope what we draft, though, second round or whatever, is what IMO we need more: a real speed burner.

A good receiver corps should have some of all those categories. Arguably, Adams is more that shifty type than anything else; Having the bigs is worthwhile too.

Fritz
01-11-2020, 01:06 PM
People, there's a huge game on Sunday. What are you talking about next year for?

Can't that wait until after the Packers lose?

pbmax
01-11-2020, 05:49 PM
I don't know how much self-insight Rodgers possesses, but you hope he can see the parallels and maybe try to avoid the sour ending of Favre's career.

Or maybe Rodgers will do whatever the hell he wants, knowing that after enough time passes, he'll come back to Lambeau to a rousing ovation, all forgiven.

Damn. Maybe I need to allow my inner arsehole out more often. Let enough time pass, and all seems to be forgiven.

Being in business has taught me one undeniable fact. People who demand something usually get it. Even if its not what they really want or need. Even against the advice they are receiving.

Or if in the circumstances of the moment, demanding it means they'll get a off target version of what they are asking for. Usually because they think they have discovered a way to do it at a discount.

The glow doesn't wear off until they discover it doesn't do what they want it to do and no one else is impressed. And by then, they are already on to the next demand.

pbmax
01-11-2020, 05:55 PM
Part of me was thinking with all these huge WRs and TEs on the roster (6'3"+) Rodgers would take advantage of the catch radius, but then I realized he will rarely throw a closely contested ball -- it's too risky. It's a little maddening when you know the receiver has 4-5" on the CB, but I get not wanting to turn the ball over. This will be especially interesting now that it's the playoffs, where importance of turnovers/big plays are magnified. I'd like to see the route concepts and Rodgers' throws take advantage of this... Sterling Sharpe wasn't a burner, but he could post up like a power forward. Not sure Lazard or Graham can't do the same.

It also makes me think Gute/MLF need to reexamine the makeup of their receivers this offseason to add a smaller, shiftier receiver who can separate with good routes. Rodgers will throw to them if they can get so obviously open that even Cleft can see them without his spectacles.

For now they gotta play with who they got.

I am not buying this analysis.

He has thrown contested balls or jump balls to Graham, MVS and (a year or two ago) Allison. Graham no longer elevates, MVS doesn't know how to get a ball unless it drops to him and Allison is always going to the ground on contact.

On the other hand, Adams and Lazard and Williams get tough throws. He trusts them.

Now its still a bit selfish not to try to use the others as he probably doesn't take enough risks given his low INT total. But they have demonstrated they aren't good at that part of the job. I think he is fairly begging to get receivers who can do what Lazard and Adams do.

I'm not sure if the deep throws fall into the same category. He throws too many short to be only concerned only with turnovers. But it could be he doesn't think its working anymore.

gbgary
01-13-2020, 11:59 AM
played his best game of the season last night. comp % wasn't good 59% but had one drop i believe, had a couple of inexplicable throwaways, but he was pretty damn clutch too. dropped some dimes on adams. graham had his best game too. they did some unPackerlike things last night. used the middle of the field, featured the TE, threw a rare slant, let small ball set up the shots.

George Cumby
01-13-2020, 12:05 PM
12 was sick on third down last night. 7/9 or something? The bulk of which got first downs including two clutch throws the final drive.

Where’s this guy been all season?

Fritz
01-13-2020, 02:21 PM
Let's keep talking shit about him. He'll shine in SF if we keep it up.

Rodgers sucks!

MadtownPacker
01-13-2020, 04:42 PM
Let's keep talking shit about him. He'll shine in SF if we keep it up.

Rodgers sucks!He really does seem to feed off it. Just part of his programming most likely. So all the knob polishers on here have been the responsible for the O problems all season.

Gotarace
01-13-2020, 04:58 PM
He really does seem to feed off it. Just part of his programming most likely. So all the knob polishers on here have been the responsible for the O problems all season.LMAO Sore Lips...Callused Knees...And now No Where to Hide...You Have Been Called Out.

red
01-13-2020, 05:06 PM
It’s just amazing how terrible he looked in a dome 2 weeks ago and how he was throwing perfect balls last night in the cold

I don’t remember any bad throws last night, most of his incompletions had to be throw always

That said, he’s still not reading defenses pre snap, he still can’t figure out where the blitz is coming from he still wasted time outs like they were nothing, and he was still locking in to his primary receiver

If San Fran can double Adams and take him out of the game, we have no shot, unless Rodgers somehow decides he can throw the ball to other guys

And where was jones last night as a pass catching threat? It would have been nice to hit him a couple times quickly on those blitzes

Joemailman
01-13-2020, 05:45 PM
It’s just amazing how terrible he looked in a dome 2 weeks ago and how he was throwing perfect balls last night in the cold

I don’t remember any bad throws last night, most of his incompletions had to be throw always

That said, he’s still not reading defenses pre snap, he still can’t figure out where the blitz is coming from he still wasted time outs like they were nothing, and he was still locking in to his primary receiver

If San Fran can double Adams and take him out of the game, we have no shot, unless Rodgers somehow decides he can throw the ball to other guys

And where was jones last night as a pass catching threat? It would have been nice to hit him a couple times quickly on those blitzes

I think Seattle was focused on keeping Jones out of the passing game, and they have the linebackers to do it. But they paid the price with Adams having a huge night. If 49ers want to double Adams Rodgers and Lafleur will need to attack elsewhere, or move Adams around. Rodgers wouldn't have had some of the 3rd down conversions he had last night if he wasn't reading defenses pre-snap. I do think he's still too focused on Adams though. Lazard going out of the game probably didn't help last might.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 05:48 PM
That said, he’s still not reading defenses pre snap, he still can’t figure out where the blitz is coming from he still wasted time outs like they were nothing

You have to be kidding me. He was calling half the protections. He also got the ball out faster than he has all month. There were some right side protection problems again but only 3 or 4. Hard to blame Veldheer for it. That half slide protection they have always gets burnt with a guy coming up the middle between Linsley and Turner.

The blitzer or end reads the Guard, if they slide outside, they loop around and head for the middle because Linsley is going the other way to help LEEEEEROY Jenkins.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 05:49 PM

I agree about his throws, the only poor throws (one to Graham) were when he had pressure in front of him. He stood in well last night.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 05:51 PM
Seattle normally had six guys on the LOS in run downs PLUS an ILB or two. Seven or eight in a box, you need to pass on it occasionally.

beveaux1
01-13-2020, 06:57 PM
The game plan was to focus on Adams because of Seattle's weak pass rush and their below average CB play. SF has a completely different secondary and pass rush.
I'm sure that our offense will not be the same against SF. Adams will not have a record breaking day and Rodgers will have to find someone else to throw to.

Rodgers may look like he did against the Vikings or he may look like he did against the Lions. He still has nobody he feels comfortable with outside of Adams, Graham, and maybe Lazard.
This team still needs receiver help and I would say they still have no real threats outside of Jones and Adams.

But...I think we have a chance to win because we have a pass rush and a pretty good secondary. We also have a running game and we have Rodgers. That can tip the field a little.

Just don't expect our offense to win the game the game this week, and don't expect Rodgers to be lights out in this game.

RashanGary
01-13-2020, 07:18 PM
True beveaux. Turnovers gonna be huge in this one.

Very very different game. Sf is a little better than Seattle. More Complete.

Gonna be a very different game. Whoever is in the SB, earned it from the NFC cuz the Packers are complete too. Q

Bretsky
01-13-2020, 09:18 PM
Last time after SF kicked our asses the Packer Beat Guy on 1070 noted a few SF coaches noted their number one priority was to stop Aaron Jones and let the chips fall as they may. My gut tells me they will do the same. AROD was great against Seattle, just pure great ! He'll need to be just as good or better for us to have a shot this week

mraynrand
01-13-2020, 11:23 PM
Rodgers is focused on Adams because they are seeing the same stuff and adjusting in synch. That 3rd down adjustment late is what Rodgers expects from everyone, and he only trusts Adams, Jones, and maybe Graham. The rest of the WR corps is in the same class as Metcalf for Seattle - if the pattern the receiver knows to run is open, he'll throw it there, but if it's cut off, he knows there will be no adjustment and eats the ball if the primary (Adams or Jones) is doubled and the pressure is there.

pbmax
01-13-2020, 11:50 PM
^ And Williams I would say, but only Adams and Jones are turning those into big plays on the regular.

My only suggestion would be to try to run Williams on some more screens where he shines. But a speedy 49 D line might be too disruptive.

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 12:01 AM
^ And Williams I would say, but only Adams and Jones are turning those into big plays on the regular.

My only suggestion would be to try to run Williams on some more screens where he shines. But a speedy 49 D line might be too disruptive.

Yeah, it would be nice to have a little more speed. The Rams really defeated the niners rush with a lot of very quick throws and screens.

Would Adams get double coverage if he released as a blocker on a bubble screen? If not, I like his chances there too.

Rutnstrut
01-14-2020, 12:59 AM
Rodgers is focused on Adams because they are seeing the same stuff and adjusting in synch. That 3rd down adjustment late is what Rodgers expects from everyone, and he only trusts Adams, Jones, and maybe Graham. The rest of the WR corps is in the same class as Metcalf for Seattle - if the pattern the receiver knows to run is open, he'll throw it there, but if it's cut off, he knows there will be no adjustment and eats the ball if the primary (Adams or Jones) is doubled and the pressure is there.

It's obvious that Adams is who he trusts most. Yet he was playing better when Adams was out. So imo most of the issues are on Rodgers.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 07:37 AM
It's obvious that Adams is who he trusts most. Yet he was playing better when Adams was out. So imo most of the issues are on Rodgers.

You can only design so many plays short to get guys open. Defenses adjust. When is the last time you saw a bubble screen go for big yardage from them? Even with Kumerow, Allison or Lazard blocking?

Rodgers contributes in some mix of the following, he learns not to trust receivers and he expects adjustments to coverage. He also can't wait out the play and throw off balance because several of his options aren't great at getting the ball even if he hits the target. Only two of the targets can break big plays.

That and his inability to hit the deep ball cause several drives a game to short circuit.

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 08:10 AM
I don’t buy totally into the Rodgers was better without Adams claim. 1) see Sunday night. 2). Did he play better against Philly after Adams went out? 3) competition. Have to check on the actual games but I think their schedule was tougher when Adams was in. 4) adjustments. With Adams our, Packers made Jones the primary. He was Adams in those games. Maybe the offense worked better for a while, but teams adjusted to Jones also. Needs more research.

gbgary
01-14-2020, 11:52 AM
I don’t buy totally into the Rodgers was better without Adams claim. 1) see Sunday night. 2). Did he play better against Philly after Adams went out? 3) competition. Have to check on the actual games but I think their schedule was tougher when Adams was in. 4) adjustments. With Adams our, Packers made Jones the primary. He was Adams in those games. Maybe the offense worked better for a while, but teams adjusted to Jones also. Needs more research.

i think his comp % was up and ratings were up during adams' absence.

edit:
averaged 115.62 qb rating during that period (95.4 for the season)
averaged 69.14 comp % (62 for the season)
averaged 64.37 qbr (50.4 for the season)

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 01:19 PM

edit:

Sure, that's a start. But the competition was Dallas, Det, Oak, KC. Oakland has a terrible pass defense, Rodgers had a perfect game and Jones ran great in all those games. Rodgers also played exceptionally well at KC. All games Jones was used extensively in the pass game (7 catches on 8 targets for about 160 at KC). So while I agree that Rodgers 'played better' I think it was a factor of the competition (Oak, Moore-run KC team - it makes a difference to not have to play catchup), and the altered offense to Jones - great run support and easier completions with Jones doing the rest. Maybe, just maybe, they'll be able to integrate everything on Sunday.

beveaux1
01-14-2020, 01:26 PM

edit:

I think this is pretty misleading. For the four games missed, these are his numbers: completion %---qb rating---QBR
DAL 64.7 85.2 58.2
DET 61.5 95.5 24.6
OAK 80.6 158.3 95.5
KC 69.7 129.0 79.2

As you can see, he wasn't great the first two games. It wasn't until they schemed Jones free in Oakland that he had great numbers. By the time Adams was back, Jones was covered by a CB.
The other receivers (not named Jones) were non-factors throughout this stretch.

Bottom line: We only have 2 offensive threats on the roster. Graham, Lazard, and Williams are contributers (somewhat) , but are not threats.

beveaux1
01-14-2020, 01:29 PM
Sorry mraynrand, you made the same points I did.

beveaux1
01-14-2020, 01:33 PM
Except for the blocking, at this point in the season, you could replace Kumerow, Allison, MVS, and Tonyan with any bottom of the roster player from any team and have the same production.

Fritz
01-14-2020, 01:45 PM

You're not helping the Packers with this . . . this reasoning shit. It's simple:
Rodgers needs to be pissed off for this Sunday's game. We need to be bitter and critical, not reasonable. "Rodgers sucks" has got to be the message on this board. If you don't believe me, here it is from the lips of David Bakhtiari:

"I mean, just please, keep it up," Bakhtiari said. "I hope that people keep saying it. If you've got a great player, and especially if he feels like he's got something to prove, that's scary."

gbgary
01-14-2020, 02:02 PM
I think this is pretty misleading.

but in that period, as a whole, he threw more high-percentage passes, he threw to more guys, and they caught the ball at a higher rate. that's where the better without adams thing comes from. they're better with adams no question but with adams rodgers doesn't play within the offense (that MLF has adulterated to his liking) as much.

RashanGary
01-14-2020, 02:05 PM
The Packers have a savvy, tough veteran OL. They have a savvy smart QB. They have a top WR and top RB.

And they have some contributors around them.

And they're just finding their groove

I hope they get underestimated

gbgary
01-14-2020, 02:13 PM
The Packers have a savvy, tough veteran OL. They have a savvy smart QB. They have a top WR and top RB.

And they have some contributors around them.

And they're just finding their groove

I hope they get underestimated
i think they have been all season by all but the cheerleaders. it's been unbelievable. gute has to be thrilled. heck...murphy has to be thrilled. murph's always been a business genius but everything he's touched football wise since the thompson ouster has been gold. the gute hire is the biggest thing. he's done a great job.

beveaux1
01-14-2020, 02:44 PM
but in that period, as a whole, he threw more high-percentage passes, he threw to more guys, and they caught the ball at a higher rate. that's where the better without adams thing comes from. they're better with adams no question but with adams rodgers doesn't play within the offense (that MLF has adulterated to his liking) as much.

I'm sorry. I don't think so. Jones had 22 catches during those 4 games. He discovered Lazard and completed 12 passes to him. He completed 12 to Graham, but he averages completing about 2.5 per game to Graham for the season. Kumerow, Lewis, Scantling, and Tonyan never had a game in which they caught more than 2. What the offense did was replace Adams with Jones and Williams, whichever was the RB.

The net result was to make Lazard a viable option, so they did accomplish that. As soon as Adams came back, the production of Jones and Williams dropped (they are now covered by DBs when split) and all other WRs and TEs stayed about the same.

We really only have one consistent receiving option and that's Adams. Lazard and Graham average 3.2 and 2.5 catches per game as the next tier. All the other WRs and TEs average 2 or less catches per game.

The 4 games that Adams missed didn't result in Rodgers appreciably throwing for a higher percentage or getting his other WRs more involved in the game (other than Lazard).

beveaux1
01-14-2020, 02:57 PM
I would also point out that Lazard's production has, by and large, been at the expense of Allison since he came off the practice squad. Allison's targets have steadily decreased even though he is still the 3rd most targeted WR on the team.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 04:37 PM
You're not helping the Packers with this . . . this reasoning shit. It's simple:
Rodgers needs to be pissed off for this Sunday's game. We need to be bitter and critical, not reasonable. "Rodgers sucks" has got to be the message on this board. If you don't believe me, here it is from the lips of David Bakhtiari:

"I mean, just please, keep it up," Bakhtiari said. "I hope that people keep saying it. If you've got a great player, and especially if he feels like he's got something to prove, that's scary."

He's finished! BOO!

gbgary
01-14-2020, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry. I don't think so. Jones had 22 catches during those 4 games. He discovered Lazard and completed 12 passes to him. He completed 12 to Graham, but he averages completing about 2.5 per game to Graham for the season. Kumerow, Lewis, Scantling, and Tonyan never had a game in which they caught more than 2. What the offense did was replace Adams with Jones and Williams, whichever was the RB.

The net result was to make Lazard a viable option, so they did accomplish that. As soon as Adams came back, the production of Jones and Williams dropped (they are now covered by DBs when split) and all other WRs and TEs stayed about the same.

We really only have one consistent receiving option and that's Adams. Lazard and Graham average 3.2 and 2.5 catches per game as the next tier. All the other WRs and TEs average 2 or less catches per game.

The 4 games that Adams missed didn't result in Rodgers appreciably throwing for a higher percentage or getting his other WRs more involved in the game (other than Lazard).

all that's true but it doesn't refute anything i said. he threw to everyone, they were high percentage passes, and the guys caught the ball at a higher rate. small ball was the order of the day and his numbers went up.

beveaux1
01-14-2020, 06:17 PM
all that's true but it doesn't refute anything i said. he threw to everyone, they were high percentage passes, and the guys caught the ball at a higher rate. small ball was the order of the day and his numbers went up.

Not trying to refute. In a small sample, we had one game with 80% completion rate which drove the average up. Other receivers caught about the same number of passes as they did in games without Adams, except RBs. The RBs replaced Adams as targets and caught his share of passes.

We did discover Lazard at the expense of Allison, which is a positive.

smuggler
01-14-2020, 06:25 PM
Offense would be in really great shape right now if MVS had taken a year 2 step forward or EQSB had managed to avoid his ankle injury.... either of those while still uncovering the Lizard King.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 08:09 PM
Offense would be in really great shape right now if MVS had taken a year 2 step forward or EQSB had managed to avoid his ankle injury.... either of those while still uncovering the Lizard King.

Agree.

Also, why haven't we thought of Lizard King before?

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 08:52 PM
Sorry mraynrand, you made the same points I did.

Yours was a good post. Had a bit different perspective. Nice.

Still, as Fritz points out, it doesn’t matter. Rodgers is old, can’t run, will get pulverized Sunday, and the Packers will lose by 45 points.

Zool
01-15-2020, 08:48 AM
So for a while when Adams was out, Jones actually lined up as a WR at times. He hasn't since. Is it Rodgers/defensive scheme/playcalling? Probably a little of each. There's not a lot of absolutes.

Jones had 42 targets in the first 8 games. He had 26 in the second half of the season. He was used less in the passing game. The only game I recall where I would put that on Rodgers is the second Detoilet game where he tried to get Jones killed on the wheel route.

mraynrand
01-15-2020, 09:01 AM
Jones had 6 targets in that game, at least two were sideline wheel routes, and of his two completions was on a wheel.

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 10:14 AM
I anxiously await Rodgers post game digs at his doubters when we beat the forty whiners

Smidgeon
01-15-2020, 10:16 AM
So for a while when Adams was out, Jones actually lined up as a WR at times. He hasn't since. Is it Rodgers/defensive scheme/playcalling? Probably a little of each. There's not a lot of absolutes.

Jones had 42 targets in the first 8 games. He had 26 in the second half of the season. He was used less in the passing game. The only game I recall where I would put that on Rodgers is the second Detoilet game where he tried to get Jones killed on the wheel route.

I'm pretty sure he has lined up as a WR. But, he hasn't been covered by a LB since (as far as I've noticed).

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty sure he has lined up as a WR. But, he hasn't been covered by a LB since (as far as I've noticed).

Is it possible the reason Jones has so many 100+ yard games as of late is due to teams going small to match him, and AR/Lafleur choosing the run game to attack said looks??

Fritz
01-15-2020, 10:46 AM
Yours was a good post. Had a bit different perspective. Nice.

Still, as Fritz points out, it doesn’t matter. Rodgers is old, can’t run, will get pulverized Sunday, and the Packers will lose by 45 points.

Don't forget that he's no longer accurate - he's lost his touch on the deep throws.

Oh, and Adams is the only one he'll throw to. Maybe Graham.

He's arrogant, too, Rodgers. Which is fine when you're playing great, because then it's confidence, but when you get old and you suck, when you become Ryan Tannenhill, well, you're just arrogant.

The Packers ought to draft a QB to replace him, ASAP.

Zool
01-15-2020, 10:51 AM

I would have to re-watch all the games to make sure. I don't recall him being targeted on any plays from the WR spot....is what I should have said.

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 10:56 AM
When teams were matching Jones with a linebacker, AR basked in the passing glory. When they started matching Jones with DBs, AR swallowed the "do my boring 1/11th and get called a has been" pill

Gotta hand it to my unselfish nigga, he's doing what's right by the team and I can't wait for his post game digs at the haters and doubters

run pMc
01-15-2020, 12:32 PM
Adams went down, Jones/Williams got more catches, then Adams came back as Jones started getting covered by a DB instead of a LB.
Kumerow et al. got a few more targets but not a lot.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2019.htm

Games w/o Adams (weeks 5-8)
DAL - Rodgers went 22/34, RBs caught 12/13 passes, TEs 6/6, Kumerow, G-Mo and MVS caught 4/12 (G-MO 6 targets)
DET - Rodgers: 24/39, RB: 8/12, TE: 4/7, WR: 11/17 (G-Mo 7 targets, D.Shep 2). This was probably the Lazard breakout game: 4/5 for 65 1TD. After this I think he definitely started cutting into G-Mo's targets.
OAK - Rodgers 25/31, RB: 11/12, TE: 4/4, WR: 11/14
KC - Rodgers 23/33, RB: 10/11, TE:4/6, WR: 9/16

Randomly picking the DEN, CHA & 2nd CHI game (Weeks 3, 8, & 15):
DEN- Rodgers: 17/29, RB: 4/4, TE: 2/6, WR: 11/17 (MVS 6/10, Adams 4/4, G-MO 1/3 - not very diverse)
CHA - Rodgers: 17/29, RB: 0/2, TE: 2/3, WR: 15/22 (Adams 7/10, Lazard 3/6)
CHI - Rodgers: 16/33, RB: 1/1, TE: 3/7, WR: 12/22

Some of the targets-vs-attempts don't match up, I assume those were throwaways (no receiver credited with a target).

Overall I think the hypothesis that the backs took many of Adams' targets is reasonable. GB only had one player with over 500 yards receiving, that was Adams. (Lazard had 477, Jones had 474). Far cry from the days of Jordy, JJ, Cobb, GJ, etc.

Rodgers still misses reads and misses some throws, but he's still good. I think he's dropped off but at 36 that's not a shock. Year 2 in the MLF scheme will help, as will more receiving talent. He's not getting any younger and he's going to have to adjust his game...for example, Brees can't throw a deep ball anywhere like he used to but he's still playing well, and talent-wise Rodgers > Brees.

mraynrand
01-15-2020, 01:48 PM
Don't forget that he's no longer accurate - he's lost his touch on the deep throws.

Oh, and Adams is the only one he'll throw to. Maybe Graham.

He's arrogant, too, Rodgers. Which is fine when you're playing great, because then it's confidence, but when you get old and you suck, when you become Ryan Tannenhill, well, you're just arrogant.

The Packers ought to draft a QB to replace him, ASAP.

Rodgers is so awful they should just start Boyle. At least the defense will think there’s hope.

Fritz
01-15-2020, 01:50 PM
Rodgers is so awful they should just start Boyle. At least the defense will think there’s hope.

If Mad goes to the game out there maybe he can shove a copy of these comments into Rodgers's hands before the game.

Just don't let him see anything Tex writes about him.

pbmax
01-15-2020, 02:01 PM

They are still emptying him out of the backfield wide at times.

beveaux1
01-15-2020, 03:23 PM
They are still emptying him out of the backfield wide at times.

I can only remember one target after he was sent wide since the KC game. I think Rodgers sailed the pass.

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2020, 04:01 PM
If Mad goes to the game out there maybe he can shove a copy of these comments into Rodgers's hands before the game.

Just don't let him see anything Tex writes about him.

Don't you know? Rodgers' reads every word of my posts. He thanks me for my insight a couple of times a week.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 12:12 PM
He still has some good in him:

https://i.imgur.com/lTTwHYZ.gifv

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 12:14 PM

I see the good in you Rodgers, let go of your hate.

ThunderDan
01-16-2020, 01:27 PM

I saw him go over there before the game. It is awesome that he does that and other athletes too.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 02:16 PM
I saw him go over there before the game. It is awesome that he does that and other athletes too.

It really is.

It means a lot to those kiddos.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2020, 02:59 PM

Just don't let him see anything Tex writes about him.Fuck no. Mfer is 0-3 when I have seen him. I’m gonna remove myself from the equation so the blame is only on him.

pbmax
01-16-2020, 03:14 PM
Fuck no. Mfer is 0-3 when I have seen him. I’m gonna remove myself from the equation so the blame is only on him.

You have to go; to carry the “Jerry Rice fumbled” sign.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2020, 03:25 PM
Please, these fucking new bandwagon niner fans won’t probably even know what I mean.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 04:07 PM
Rodgers isn't scoring as much this year. It's not his year..
Lol at calling Garoppolo the weakest link.
They scored over 40 points vs Saints.

pbmax
01-16-2020, 08:17 PM
Please, these fucking new bandwagon niner fans won’t probably even know what I mean.

Forget them. TV will know. Want to see you with the sign :D

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 10:19 AM
Forget them. TV will know. Want to see you with the sign :DIll send you a naked selfie while holding it with no hands.

pbmax
01-18-2020, 10:55 AM
Ill send you a naked selfie while holding it with no hands.

A fitting celebration for what will be the last of PackerRats as you are hauled off to the drunk tank with a yellow Event Staff windbreaker over your junk.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2020, 02:27 PM
A fitting celebration for what will be the last of PackerRats as you are hauled off to the drunk tank with a yellow Event Staff windbreaker over your junk.You poor, poor sheltered man. Have you not been outside lately?

The video would go viral. I would be smart enough to paint the website all over me and traffic here would explode. Since you are the contingency plan you would get to reap the benefits.

Now I know why you want me to take the sign so bad. ;)

Fritz
01-18-2020, 06:00 PM
Don't you know? Rodgers' reads every word of my posts. He thanks me for my insight a couple of times a week.

So it's YOUR fault that he's dropped off a cliff 'til last week. Tex, Rodgers thrives when he thinks people disrespect him. Come on, man. Say it with me: RODGERS SUCKS UNWASHED DONKEY ASS!

pbmax
01-18-2020, 06:48 PM
You poor, poor sheltered man. Have you not been outside lately?

The video would go viral. I would be smart enough to paint the website all over me and traffic here would explode. Since you are the contingency plan you would get to reap the benefits.

Now I know why you want me to take the sign so bad. ;)

On second thought, put that pic on the Official PackerRats Instagram page.

Patler
01-19-2020, 09:09 AM
Mike Holmgren has his own well-veiled questions about Rodgers performance this year, too. From a Q&A with Silverstein:

Q: What have you thought of Rodgers this year?

Holmgren: ... “The thing I see is that every once in a while, he will give up something easy to get — and I say this affectionately — get a little greedy, go for the big one instead of just dumping it off. But he did a nice job in the game last week.”

pbmax
01-19-2020, 09:33 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/3mksqg.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/3mksqg)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 09:50 AM
Mike Holmgren has his own well-veiled questions about Rodgers performance this year, too. From a Q&A with Silverstein:My thought exactly. Take what is there to keep possession. Shootout doesn’t seem to favor the Pack. The teams that beat SF did it winning ugly.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 09:51 AM
My thought exactly. Take what is there to keep possession. Shootout doesn’t seem to favor the Pack. The teams that beat SF did it winning ugly.

He did! He will!

Says prayer this is going to be true.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 09:54 AM
Ok the thread asked is Rodgers good anymore.

He just has to be for two more games. I’m going with RashanGary’s belief that he will sacrifice his body when needed today for the W.

George Cumby
01-19-2020, 09:56 AM

He just has to be for two more games. I’m going with RashanGary’s belief that he will sacrifice his body when needed today for the W.

Maddy's come around to Gary's way of thinking.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 09:57 AM
Fuck that loony, I said this since last game. If anything El Loco copied my thoughts.

George Cumby
01-19-2020, 09:58 AM
I can't keep track.

gbgary
01-19-2020, 10:09 AM
he played his best game of the season last week. he'll have to be way better than that today. if he holds the ball today he'll get killed.

bobblehead
01-19-2020, 10:15 AM
Fuck no. Mfer is 0-3 when I have seen him. I’m gonna remove myself from the equation so the blame is only on him.

And if they win??

bobblehead
01-19-2020, 10:16 AM
You have to go; to carry the “Jerry Rice fumbled” sign.

I was going to, but the Astros stole it!

bobblehead
01-19-2020, 10:19 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/3mksqg.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/3mksqg)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

Just ask Michael Milken.

bobblehead
01-19-2020, 10:20 AM

I saw the first Rodgers QB sneak since he got a concussion in Washington a decade ago just last week, so I would say he is laying it on the line.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 10:26 AM
A fitting celebration for what will be the last of PackerRats as you are hauled off to the drunk tank with a yellow Event Staff windbreaker over your junk.

Gum wrapper should suffice. 😀

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 10:54 AM
And if they win??And if you pay attention I am saying I could be the bad juju. That’s why I’m not going cuz I did have access to tickets from family.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2020, 10:56 AM
Gum wrapper should suffice. ��Ive got some euro blood but not as much as you!

pbmax
01-19-2020, 11:37 AM
Maddy's come around to Gary's way of thinking.

As long as the apocalypse happens after the game.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 11:38 AM
he played his best game of the season last week. he'll have to be way better than that today. if he holds the ball today he'll get killed.

Maybe. Chefs game was pretty good.

Or the Boys.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 11:39 AM
Just ask Michael Milken.

Carl Icahn is unworried.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 11:41 AM
I was going to, but the Astros stole it!

Damn those Coras!

RashanGary
01-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Rodgers, when he is en feugo can break a defenses back holding the ball.

I expect a couple rushes, a couple back breaking extended plays and a whole bunch of his new found game management genius!

It's gonna be a day where it's a cross between the physically dominant vintage Aaron and the matured leader he's developed into. A GOAT game for Air Rod

ThunderDan
01-19-2020, 02:03 PM
Maybe. Chefs game was pretty good.

Or the Boys.

ARods best game was Oakland game. Had a perfect passer rating and picked the Raiders apart.

mraynrand
01-19-2020, 02:47 PM
ARods best game was Oakland game. Had a perfect passer rating and picked the Raiders apart.

Sure. One of the weakest defenses they faced.

pbmax
01-19-2020, 02:49 PM

I knew it was one of these:

Games w/o Adams (weeks 5-8)
DAL - Rodgers went 22/34, RBs caught 12/13 passes, TEs 6/6, Kumerow, G-Mo and MVS caught 4/12 (G-MO 6 targets)
DET - Rodgers: 24/39, RB: 8/12, TE: 4/7, WR: 11/17 (G-Mo 7 targets, D.Shep 2). This was probably the Lazard breakout game: 4/5 for 65 1TD. After this I think he definitely started cutting into G-Mo's targets.
OAK - Rodgers 25/31, RB: 11/12, TE: 4/4, WR: 11/14
KC - Rodgers 23/33, RB: 10/11, TE:4/6, WR: 9/16

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2020, 02:48 PM

You were right on your original analysis. Rodgers dropped the snap from center and backed ten yards away from the live football bouncing around the field. Wanted no part in recovering that ball.

mraynrand
01-20-2020, 03:41 PM
**** is unworried.

edited by PBmax

mraynrand
01-20-2020, 03:43 PM
You were right on your original analysis. Rodgers dropped the snap from center and backed ten yards away from the live football bouncing around the field. Wanted no part in recovering that ball.

would have been nice if he moved a little in the pocket too. Older QBs want nothing of contact, and less of the cold. But still, I don't expect Rodgers to go out there and tackle running backs. That's supposedly what your defense does.

pbmax
03-02-2020, 08:34 AM
Hmmm.

Rodgers or receiving corps? You make the call.

https://twitter.com/BookOfEli_NFL/status/1234188845220081666

Bretsky
03-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Hmmm.

Rodgers or receiving corps? You make the call.

https://twitter.com/BookOfEli_NFL/status/1234188845220081666

Abbrederis could come in and run better routes than all of these guys but Adams :)))

With that being said, Rodgers is no longer the elite QB in the NFL.

He's very good; I'm not even sure he's elite.

Deputy Nutz
03-03-2020, 08:49 AM
Abbrederis could come in and run better routes than all of these guys but Adams :)))

Then exit the game 5 plays in with a concussion like symptoms.

Bretsky
03-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Then exit the game 5 plays in with a concussion like symptoms.

completely right there; and odds are it might not take 5 plays. Just the first big hit he takes

mraynrand
03-03-2020, 04:51 PM
completely right there; and odds are it might not take 5 plays. Just the first big hit he takes

He's like Terry Glenn without the talent.

pbmax
03-03-2020, 06:23 PM
He's like Terry Glenn without the talent.

Terry Glenn fell down face first just reading this.

mraynrand
03-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Terry Glenn fell down face first just reading this.

Poor guy didn't make it out of 2017. Son didn't make it out of 2019. Sad stories...

pbmax
03-04-2020, 07:45 AM
Poor guy didn't make it out of 2017. Son didn't make it out of 2019. Sad stories...

Damn, forgot this. He wasn't the best person but that is very young.

pbmax
03-29-2020, 10:01 AM
Rodgers had 13 drops on catchable ball thrown deep last year. Andy Dalton had 15 accurate passes total.

Video: https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/status/1243973805367857153

bobblehead
03-29-2020, 10:09 AM
I knew it was one of these:

Is that the entire stretch where Devante was out?

bobblehead
03-29-2020, 10:10 AM

I literally threw a beer at the TV and cussed his existence on that play. My friend defended him.

pbmax
03-29-2020, 10:31 AM
Is that the entire stretch where Devante was out?

Think so, but runPMC put that together.

pbmax
03-29-2020, 10:32 AM
I literally threw a beer at the TV and cussed his existence on that play. My friend defended him.

Ball went immediately in other direction.

Video: https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/1220491810029686785

Joemailman
03-29-2020, 11:03 AM

Your friend was right. He had no chance for recovery.

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2020, 12:15 PM
Rodgers had 13 drops on catchable ball thrown deep last year. Andy Dalton had 15 accurate passes total.

Video: https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/status/1243973805367857153

Just let this sick damn thread DIE!

This is a good piece of information, though.

Gotarace
03-30-2020, 10:57 AM
Ball went immediately in other direction.

Video: https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/1220491810029686785
This one certainly wasn't on Rodgers...Was a Ricochet Butt Snap. Aaron makes enough mistakes with his 6 or 7 second pocket holds to blame him for this one.

pbmax
03-30-2020, 11:15 AM

This is a good piece of information, though.

Make up your mind tex you waffling beast!

texaspackerbacker
03-30-2020, 11:32 AM
hahahahahahaha I would think there was probably 6 or 8 or 10 other threads you coulda posted it in.

mraynrand
03-30-2020, 12:33 PM

Give it enough time and it’ll be unquestionably true.

mraynrand
03-31-2020, 11:49 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUYBJpKXgAEiEnM?format=jpg&name=medium

pbmax
03-31-2020, 12:00 PM
Should make that a poster, frame it and mail it to him.

mraynrand
03-31-2020, 12:12 PM
Should make that a poster, frame it and mail it to him.

I could take a dump in a box, slap a guarantee on it, and mail that to him. I have time.

texaspackerbacker
03-31-2020, 12:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUYBJpKXgAEiEnM?format=jpg&name=medium

Orlovsky is as much of a dumbass as he was a lousy QB.

pbmax
03-31-2020, 01:07 PM
I could take a dump in a box, slap a guarantee on it, and mail that to him. I have time.

As not your legal counsel, I suggest refraining from bacteriological pranks at the current time.

bobblehead
03-31-2020, 03:38 PM
Your friend was right. He had no chance for recovery.

Never said he had a chance. Maybe he calculated that in .2 seconds. I'm saying if a QB drops the snap they generally are on the ground immediately digging for it. He wasn't.

MadtownPacker
03-31-2020, 04:00 PM
Fuck no!

I’m not responding to any post. Just the original thread title.

Tex - it is looking that this will become Rodgers “living legend” thread.

MadtownPacker
03-31-2020, 04:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUYBJpKXgAEiEnM?format=jpg&name=mediumWhats the AFC one say? Depending on who is on it (Mahomie, Jackson, Watson) Rodgers could be the #10 QB. That would be steep fall for a guy who was recently argued as best ever.

ThunderDan
03-31-2020, 04:58 PM
Whats the AFC one say? Depending on who is on it (Mahomie, Jackson, Watson) Rodgers could be the #10 QB. That would be steep fall for a guy who was recently argued as best ever.

Yeah, I use to play professional golf and played a few Nike Tour events back in the day. Now, I could only make the professional Brandy Old Fashion drinking team.

run pMc
03-31-2020, 05:56 PM
Honestly, I'd mostly agree with that list except I'd put Rodgers over Wentz. I'd also be curious about what criteria Orlovsky is using.
Rodgers is not the best QB in the league, but he's certainly top 10.

Bretsky
03-31-2020, 06:07 PM
My Fantasy football says Tom Brady is no longer a top 5 QB

pbmax
03-31-2020, 06:52 PM
My Fantasy football says Tom Brady is no longer a top 5 QB

Brady doesn't even belong on this list.

mraynrand
03-31-2020, 07:25 PM

Winning response

Zool
04-01-2020, 07:37 AM
Winning response

Will be interesting to see him with 2 pro bowl level WRs and a TE who is close to that level.

smuggler
04-01-2020, 01:24 PM
Will be interesting to see him with 2 pro bowl level WRs and a TE who is close to that level.

Yep. Two wide receivers that benefited greatly from a QB buying time, taking sacks, and throwing deep, risky passes to pump their numbers up. Both players will see their numbers decrease with Brady because while Brady is no longer a great QB, he is careful with the ball. Brady is not a top-5 NFC QB. This list is historical-based and not future based, with the exception of Wentz, curiously.

MadtownPacker
04-01-2020, 01:25 PM
So how did that White devil Brady’s stats compare to Saint Aaron’s?

smuggler
04-01-2020, 01:26 PM
Brady’s stats compare to Saint Aaron’s?

Inferior.

MadtownPacker
04-01-2020, 01:37 PM
Inferior.Show me. The only ones I found were in English so I might not understand them.

mraynrand
04-01-2020, 01:41 PM

I’d like to see that for Rodgers too. :)

smuggler
04-01-2020, 02:08 PM
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2019

smuggler
04-01-2020, 02:11 PM
The flaw in football outsiders is that it can't, like most statistical systems, differentiate between factors such as quality of receivers or quality of pass protection, but they both had good pass protection and bad receiving situations in '19.

Gotarace
04-02-2020, 04:07 PM
Maybe the Heir to the Aaron Throne?.... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108057/article/saints-packers-virtually-visiting-with-qb-jordan-love

bobblehead
04-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I use to play professional golf and played a few Nike Tour events back in the day. Now, I could only make the professional Brandy Old Fashion drinking team.

You are assuredly a better golfer than I, but I think I can give you a run in your current profession.

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2020, 12:47 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick and Derek Carr were top 10 QBs in the NFL last year according to QBR. :)

I think Rodgers, Brees, and Brady have fallen off. Brady fell off the most last year. I know Brees and Rodgers still have the gaudy TD/INT ratios, but Brees doesn't look nearly as good to me anymore. He completed 81 balls to Kamara and 149 balls to Thomas (at under 12 yards/reception). He mostly dinks and dunks. Rich man's Kirk Cousins.

Wilson is clearly the best in the NFC. Brees and Rodgers would still have to be in the conversation at #2. I feel bad for Stafford. Put him on a good team and he'd be considered up there. I might take Wentz #2, if I knew he'd stay healthy. He willed a Philly team--that lost literally all of its receivers--to the playoffs. He was throwing to Greg Ward and Josh Perkins at the end of the year. Felt bad when he took that cheap shot from Clowney.

pbmax
04-05-2020, 09:14 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick and Derek Carr were top 10 QBs in the NFL last year according to QBR. :)

I think Rodgers, Brees, and Brady have fallen off. Brady fell off the most last year. I know Brees and Rodgers still have the gaudy TD/INT ratios, but Brees doesn't look nearly as good to me anymore. He completed 81 balls to Kamara and 149 balls to Thomas (at under 12 yards/reception). He mostly dinks and dunks. Rich man's Kirk Cousins.

Wilson is clearly the best in the NFC. Brees and Rodgers would still have to be in the conversation at #2. I feel bad for Stafford. Put him on a good team and he'd be considered up there. I might take Wentz #2, if I knew he'd stay healthy. He willed a Philly team--that lost literally all of its receivers--to the playoffs. He was throwing to Greg Ward and Josh Perkins at the end of the year. Felt bad when he took that cheap shot from Clowney.

Agree about both Wilson and Brees. Part of the reason that the Saints did not fall off much with Bridge Over Trouble Waters is that Brees isn't quite the difference maker he was.

mraynrand
04-05-2020, 11:10 AM
Agree about both Wilson and Brees. Part of the reason that the Saints did not fall off much with Bridge Over Teddy Waters is that Brees isn't quite the difference maker he was.

FIFY. And I concur. But that also adjusted to a very conservative run oriented offense that worked for them.

Wilson was the NFC MVP. That Seattle team is garbage without him. And he is tremendously fun to watch (Except against the Packers).

pbmax
04-05-2020, 12:23 PM
FIFY. And I concur. But that also adjusted to a very conservative run oriented offense that worked for them.

Wilson was the NFC MVP. That Seattle team is garbage without him. And he is tremendously fun to watch (Except against the Packers).

Par for the course with the Packers. They can handle good QBs if they can outscore them.

Part of the Rodgers discussion is funny. But part of it is ludicrous. After 10 years of drafting mainly defense, Packers still can't stop a team that can run and pass.

But the offense is always Top 10 despite the neglect.

pbmax
04-15-2020, 10:58 AM
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1129043776188682241

That throw makes no sense at all.

pbmax
04-22-2020, 04:44 PM
Samkon Gado: Aaron Rodgers wingman

https://twitter.com/WildeAndTausch/status/1253069451735584769

MadtownPacker
04-22-2020, 05:02 PM
Did he bust out the BBC on them?

pbmax
04-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Did he bust out the BBC on them?

You must be listening to the Pornhub Sirius/XM station. ESPNWisconsin is much more vanilla.

MadtownPacker
04-22-2020, 07:30 PM
Get your mind out of the gutter. I meant news from his homeland:

https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/c50znx8v132t/nigeria

pbmax
04-22-2020, 08:30 PM
Get your mind out of the gutter. I meant news from his homeland:

https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/c50znx8v132t/nigeria

What are you saying? Please be more explicit.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 08:37 AM
The This thread has official become Rodgers.....

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/galactica/images/b/bb/The_Living_Legend_title_card.png

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:51 AM
Nice BG reference.

But we also have a Rodgers Living Legend thread somewhere.

pbmax
04-26-2020, 12:59 PM
Remember, Rodgers is a terrible leader. His teammates hate him.

Geoff Schwartz @geoffschwartz
It’s fair to point out that Rodgers isn’t getting paid to mentor Love. Will Love learn from Rodgers. Of course. Will Rodgers go out of his way to help Love, no.

jace @_Jstern
It’s fair to point out that you’re not in our locker room therefore you really have “NO ��” idea how 12 treats young guys like myself. He’s always pushing us to learn more. Demands perfection.

Sparkey
04-26-2020, 04:23 PM
Maybe the Heir to the Aaron Throne?.... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108057/article/saints-packers-virtually-visiting-with-qb-jordan-love

Had to give props on this! Even with a maybe, it's a good call.

Rastak
04-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Remember, Rodgers is a terrible leader. His teammates hate him.

Geoff Schwartz @geoffschwartz
It’s fair to point out that Rodgers isn’t getting paid to mentor Love. Will Love learn from Rodgers. Of course. Will Rodgers go out of his way to help Love, no.

jace @_Jstern
It’s fair to point out that you’re not in our locker room therefore you really have “NO ��” idea how 12 treats young guys like myself. He’s always pushing us to learn more. Demands perfection.\

No disrespect PB but that's a receiver indicating he is teaching, not a dude who may very well replace him at some point sooner or later.

pbmax
04-26-2020, 08:06 PM
\

No disrespect PB but that's a receiver indicating he is teaching, not a dude who may very well replace him at some point sooner or later.

I am not trying to make the case that Rodgers will build the bridge for Love. I am angrily tilting at windmills about Rodgers supposed failing. One of which is leadership, which coms up whenever people spin the wheel to get a new topic.

red
05-02-2020, 02:51 PM
i think it was cowherd or lebetard that were talking about this moment earlier this week

i remember having an argument with someone at the time about it. i say the snap hit him in the hands

down 17-0 against the 49ers, watch rodgers reaction to the botched snap. he doesn't show any thought about going for the ball, and doesn't show any kind of fire after it happened. just an "oh well" look

this is the look of a guy who didn't care

then they mentioned mahomes when they were down, how he was jumping up and down on the sideline trying to fire his teamates up

night and day difference