PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Be Next On My Chopping Block?

Joemailman
11-16-2018, 06:20 PM
On January 1, 2015, I started the very successful Official 2015 Fire Slocum! Thread

On November 7, 2017 I started the very successful Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

On October 7, 2018 I started the Official Mike McCarthy Thread. Although nothing is official, the signs are pointing to another successful thread.

Who should be next? Zook has been getting on my nerves a bit.

Thoughts? Doesn't necessarily have to be a coach.

red
11-16-2018, 06:31 PM
mark murphy for keeping TT and fat mike for way too long

Fritz
11-16-2018, 06:32 PM
I'm with Red. It has all been slowly descending into the shitter ever since Murphy came on board.

Joemailman
11-16-2018, 06:36 PM
I'm with Red. It has all been slowly descending into the shitter ever since Murphy came on board.

Um...they won the Superb Owl with Murphy as President.

gbgary
11-16-2018, 06:37 PM
murph wasn't really involved in the football side as he when he restructured everything this last off-season. he thought TT still had all his faculties. let's see how it goes from here for a while.

red
11-16-2018, 06:39 PM
we also have this triangle of deflection bull shit, where no one really reports to anyone and no one is any ones boss

hell for all we know the lady that stitches the numbers on the jerseys is the only person that can fire or hire the head coach

Joemailman
11-16-2018, 06:42 PM
we also have this triangle of deflection bull shit, where no one really reports to anyone and no one is any ones boss

hell for all we know the lady that stitches the numbers on the jerseys is the only person that can fire or hire the head coach

Pretty sure Murphy said last year the decision on who the HC will be will be his. MM and Gutey both report to him now.

George Cumby
11-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Murphy and Gutttekock.

This fucker needs to be blown up.

red
11-16-2018, 07:27 PM
Pretty sure Murphy said last year the decision on who the HC will be will be his. MM and Gutey both report to him now.

The gm should be hiring the HC

George Cumby
11-16-2018, 07:53 PM

Correct. That’s why I believe this cockup needs to be burned to the fucking ground.

pbmax
11-16-2018, 08:03 PM
Murphy.

Joemailman
11-16-2018, 08:19 PM

I don't disagree. But I think Murphy does know a bit more about football than your typical NFL owner. He played for a couple of Joe Gibbs' Super Bowl teams, so he knows what a winning organization looks like. He was AD at Northwestern, so he's been involved with hiring coaches. So while I don't see it as an ideal situation, I think it could work. This is not the equivalent of Jimmy Haslam telling John Dorsey he had to keep Hue Jackson as HC IMO.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-17-2018, 03:36 AM
This fucker needs to be blown up.

Talkin’ ‘bout thyself?

I ain’t too fond of suicide, not cos Providence forbids it or Providence has 14 virgins a-waiting in the afterlife, but b/c out time in this universe is so short, we should try to prolong it for as long as possible. Once our time expires, it expires.

That being said, I was ready to end it all since I, to quote the poet, flip burgers for the minimum-wage/live a wretched life devoid of marriage. I was, to paraphrase Coldplay, standing on an edge, tied to a noose; Kap came along and he cut me loose.

Kap and his sacrifice inspired me, to quote the poet, to live and to love and to fight!

Bretsky
11-17-2018, 07:12 AM
Another vote for Murphy

Bretsky
11-17-2018, 07:13 AM
I don't disagree. But I think Murphy does know a bit more about football than your typical NFL owner. He played for a couple of Joe Gibbs' Super Bowl teams, so he knows what a winning organization looks like. He was AD at Northwestern, so he's been involved with hiring coaches. So while I don't see it as an ideal situation, I think it could work. This is not the equivalent of Jimmy Haslam telling John Dorsey he had to keep Hue Jackson as HC IMO.

Jerry Jones also knows more about football than your typical NFL owner

pbmax
11-17-2018, 08:18 AM

But I don't want Joe to cause Jerry to fire himself.

Fritz
11-17-2018, 09:02 AM
Um...they won the Superb Owl with Murphy as President.

You're not going to get anybody fired with that kind of attitude.

Fosco33
11-17-2018, 09:07 AM
Fire Mm and have Gute select new HC+staff (Zook in particular).

Revamp away from the 3 headed monster.

According to M3s presser - he doesn’t talk much to Murphy during the season. Wtf? Can you imagine a job where you don’t talk to your boss, especially while sucking...

Makes me think Murphy has to go too.

‘This ain’t the icecapades’

Pugger
11-17-2018, 09:24 AM

I don't think Murphy is the problem either. At least he is trying something else with the chain of command. I suspect the search for a new HC - if they too have had their fill of Stubby and most of us pray they have - will be a joint effort with both he and Gute. Sometimes 2 heads are better than one.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-17-2018, 09:24 AM
According to M3s presser - he doesn’t talk much to Murphy during the season. Wtf? Can you imagine a job where you don’t talk to your boss, especially while sucking...

I’m guessing you’ve never flipped burgers for the minimum-wage.

Communication is overrated. Every fucking job has a fucking description. Just do your fucking job like a fucking zombie.

Pugger
11-17-2018, 09:26 AM
Fire Mm and have Gute select new HC+staff (Zook in particular).

Revamp away from the 3 headed monster.

Makes me think Murphy has to go too.

‘This ain’t the icecapades’

If I were Stubby it would worry me if my boss didn't talk to me...

Pugger
11-17-2018, 09:27 AM
I’m guessing you’ve never flipped burgers for the minimum-wage.

Communication is overrated. Every fucking job has a fucking description. Just do your fucking job like a fucking zombie.

Coaching in the NFL ain't comparable to flipping burgers at McD's. :laugh:

Joemailman
11-18-2018, 01:25 PM

Jerry also won 3 Superb Owls.