PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 Other games thread

yetisnowman
11-18-2018, 03:22 PM
Carolina, Washington, Atlanta, lose. Not bad results for our dying playoff chances. Also of note, watching a ton of close games down the stretch I notice that so many of the teams have all 3 TOs going in to the final few minutes and how valuable they proved to be. All 3 were essential to get the ball back and create opportunities to win. Whereas the Packers always seem to blow 1 or 2 before the last 5 minutes of the game.

Teamcheez1
11-18-2018, 03:54 PM
With our season essentially over, there are no other games that interest me.

pbmax
11-18-2018, 04:31 PM
Jacksonville provided a clinic on how to lose when you have a lead in the 4th quarter (I think it was 16-0) an then go stone cold conservative.

They left Pittsburgh just enough drives to put them away. You'd swear the Jacksonville coaches had money on Pittsburgh winning after being behind.

Who needs first downs when trying to hold onto a lead?

Bretsky
11-18-2018, 04:36 PM
I hope we can later refer to this is the Curse of Bretsky, but the Saints look like they are winning the Super Bowl and we're getting stuck with pick 32

Their offense looks unstoppable. Once in a while Payton tries to get too cute/smart....aka...sending Taysom Hill out there as a QB, Brees to WR, and the Hill overthrows a WR receiver by five yards.....

But the Saints look like the best team in the NFL to me.

They are headed right to the final 4 vs the Rams, and then they're going to beat somebody. On a lighter note I'm glad J Alexander looks good. T Edmunds looks like a nice LB as well

Rastak
11-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Man, that Alex Smith news isn't the greatest. Per PFT Alex Smith broke tibia and fibula, undergoing immediate surgery.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 05:38 PM
Jacksonville provided a clinic on how to lose when you have a lead in the 4th quarter (I think it was 16-0) an then go stone cold conservative.

They left Pittsburgh just enough drives to put them away. You'd swear the Jacksonville coaches had money on Pittsburgh winning after being behind.

Who needs first downs when trying to hold onto a lead?

With the shitty QB they have, it's not like they can pass for a first down. Also their OL was useless. Tex needs to look at that game for the definition of bad OL play.

pbmax
11-18-2018, 05:41 PM
With the shitty QB they have, it's not like they can pass for a first down. Also their OL was useless. Tex needs to look at that game for the definition of bad OL play.

On their last drive he could have booted it for a first. Bottles can run a little bit.

You have to do something. Otherwise its just sitting in a car with a dead battery turning the key, hoping that something different happens this time.

Joemailman
11-18-2018, 05:45 PM
Man, that Alex Smith news isn't the greatest. Per PFT Alex Smith broke tibia and fibula, undergoing immediate surgery.
That's rough. That will be tough to come back from. Gotta think the Redskins will be looking for a QB in the draft.

Rastak
11-18-2018, 06:08 PM
That's rough. That will be tough to come back from. Gotta think the Redskins will be looking for a QB in the draft.

I was watching the Red Zone all day and caught the replay right after it happened. Just aweful.....

red
11-18-2018, 06:53 PM

having suffered a similar injury over 5 years ago, i can say that my leg has never been the same

Rastak
11-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Bears certainly have a talented defense.

Rastak
11-18-2018, 07:55 PM
Ant Harris with the fucking pick....

pbmax
11-18-2018, 08:47 PM
having suffered a similar injury over 5 years ago, i can say that my leg has never been the same

Similar one basically ended Sherrod's career even after surgery to correct the first surgery.

pbmax
11-18-2018, 08:49 PM
What's everyone think of Trubisky? I can see why there is an argument online about him. Numbers are through the roof, but he looks unsure of first read isn't open.

Of course, given his coach, the first read is usually open.

But he seems like less arm talented Rodgers in 2008 back there, little skittish and quick to run maybe. Doesn't seem overwhelmed though. Expect him to get better.

KYPack
11-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Ant Harris with the fucking pick....It'll be a battle to the end Ras.
Both Pickem and the ball game

Rastak
11-18-2018, 08:59 PM
It'll be a battle to the end Ras.
Both Pickem and the ball game

Ah, you're killing me KY.....Bears are looking good.

Rastak
11-18-2018, 09:01 PM
What's everyone think of Trubisky? I can see why there is an argument online about him. Numbers are through the roof, but he looks unsure of first read isn't open.

Of course, given his coach, the first read is usually open.

But he seems like less arm talented Rodgers in 2008 back there, little skittish and quick to run maybe. Doesn't seem overwhelmed though. Expect him to get better.

He certainly seems to be solid from what I'm seeing tonight.

pbmax
11-18-2018, 09:18 PM
That INT looked like Favre unless the WR fell down.

Bold call on 4th and 1. I like that.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 09:19 PM
Skol Cousins!

pbmax
11-18-2018, 09:20 PM
Wasn’t that intentional grounding?

Rastak
Yea, bad pick....and good call......fucking Bears look like the better team tonight.

Cheesehead Craig
Wasn’t that intentional grounding?

Made it to the LOS I thought.

KYPack
11-18-2018, 09:23 PM
Ah, you're killing me KY.....Bears are looking good.

That D comes at ya like a pack of wolves.

Rastak
11-18-2018, 09:25 PM
That D comes at ya like a pack of wolves.

That's true.....nice job on the pickem, much respect.

pbmax
11-18-2018, 09:25 PM
Made it to the LOS I thought.

Maybe. But he was in tackle box and the receiver was his Tackle.

Rastak
11-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Pick six should finish it.....

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Skol Cousins!

Rastak
11-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Skol Cousins!

He hasn't been up to Rodgers standards for sure.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 09:51 PM
He hasn't been up to Rodgers standards for sure.

Truth

Rastak
11-18-2018, 09:55 PM
Truth

Of course his standards are low as shit on the eye test.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 09:56 PM
Of course his standards are low as shit on the eye test.

Skol Rastak!

Rastak
11-18-2018, 09:57 PM
Skol Cousins!

Damn straight Bro.....

Rastak
11-18-2018, 10:01 PM
Skol Rastak!

I don't know if you are fucking with me or not.....we never did meet up like Harvey and Superfan in Saint Paul. Maybe some day we'll have a pint.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 10:04 PM
I don't know if you are fucking with me or not.....we never did meet up like Harvey and Superfan in Saint Paul. Maybe some day we'll have a pint.

That would be great. I am just fucking with you.

Rastak
11-18-2018, 10:05 PM
That would be great. I am just fucking with you.

Cool, we should do that sometime. Fucking Bears are going to win though.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 10:05 PM
That hit by Smith cost them bigly.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 10:07 PM
Cool, we should do that sometime. Fucking Bears are going to win though.

Agree. Hate they are having a good season. Rather see Detroit doing well than Chicago

Rastak
11-18-2018, 10:11 PM
Agree. Hate they are having a good season. Rather see Detroit doing well than Chicago

Chicago is a cool town, I must say. Very much enjoyed attending a Vikings road game there a few years ago. Bears fans were super nice to be honest.

Rastak
11-18-2018, 10:15 PM
I suppose having the Bears win is worse for the Packers.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Chicago is a cool town, I must say. Very much enjoyed attending a Vikings road game there a few years ago. Bears fans were super nice to be honest.

It is. I grew up just across the border in Wisconsin from there. So I have a special hatred for all things Illinoisian.

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2018, 10:20 PM
I suppose having the Bears win is worse for the Packers.

This season, most Sundays are worse for the Packers.

Rastak
11-18-2018, 10:26 PM
Nite guys, Bears kicked some ass at home.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-19-2018, 05:50 AM
I hope we can later refer to this is the Curse of Bretsky, but the Saints look like they are winning the Super Bowl and we're getting stuck with pick 32

Their offense looks unstoppable. Once in a while Payton tries to get too cute/smart....aka...sending Taysom Hill out there as a QB, Brees to WR, and the Hill overthrows a WR receiver by five yards.....

But the Saints look like the best team in the NFL to me.

They are headed right to the final 4 vs the Rams, and then they're going to beat somebody. On a lighter note I'm glad J Alexander looks good. T Edmunds looks like a nice LB as well

I blame Harrell. Dude started a thread praying to the neon gods for Brees right arm to fall off.

pbmax
11-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Rodgers hasn't been up to Rodgers standards.

Kinda glad to see Tru throw some picks. Not superhuman after all, little Favre in him.

Vikings can be weird on offense, sometimes they look like gangbusters other times they look less than pedestrian.

As a rule I do not believe the Bears actually get good. But the offense is the only thing holding them back. We should have hired Fangio.

Its a weird year.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-19-2018, 08:43 AM
We should have tradef for Mack.

Corrected.

Bossman641
11-19-2018, 11:38 AM
I hope somebody steals fangio from the bears this offseason.

ThunderDan
11-19-2018, 07:51 PM
Shields beat like a drum for a TD by Hill.

mraynrand
11-19-2018, 08:42 PM
"Wonderful Pistachios: The Pistachios loved by washed-up people"

Joemailman
11-19-2018, 09:19 PM
Watching Rams and Chiefs offenses makes the Packers offense look like a slow-motion replay.

mraynrand
11-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Watching Rams and Chiefs offenses makes the Packers offense look like a slow-motion replay.

depends on the half

Fosco33
11-19-2018, 10:15 PM
Can every week be chiefs rams? Wow!

call_me_ishmael
11-19-2018, 10:19 PM
This game is bananas!

Fosco33
11-19-2018, 10:34 PM
4th and 2 w/ 430 left... fire m3

Gotarace
11-19-2018, 10:53 PM
Wow this is a ball game!!!

Joemailman
11-19-2018, 10:59 PM

Maybe more of a track meet than football game.

Teamcheez1
11-19-2018, 11:06 PM

Our defense doesn't look half bad compared to the slop on the field this evening.

Gotarace
11-19-2018, 11:08 PM
Our defense doesn't look half bad compared to the slop on the field this evening.
Agreed but it was a entertaining game to watch...

Freak Out
11-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Didn't they break the old Packers vs Redskins MNF points record?

mraynrand
11-19-2018, 11:23 PM
Didn't they break the old Packers vs Redskins MNF points record?

ya, I thought this thing was gonna end on a Mark Moseley missed FG.

mraynrand
11-19-2018, 11:28 PM
I was watching a Christmas special starting William Shatner on the Hallmark channel with the wife. Did anything interesting happen on MNF?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-20-2018, 12:24 AM
I was watching a Christmas special starting William Shatner on the Hallmark channel with the wife. Did anything interesting happen on MNF?

The NFL fucked with Mexico by moving the game back to cold, cruel and crude USA. I mean, Soldier Field is shittier, and I don’t see the nfl moving games there to Miller Park.

Btw, Jesus disapproves y’all using his name in vain.

Joemailman
11-20-2018, 12:32 AM

Your wife was in a Christmas special on the Hallmark Channel with William Shatner?

mraynrand
11-20-2018, 07:21 AM
Your wife was in a Christmas special on the Hallmark Channel with William Shatner?

Sure. And why not? She can act just as well as Melissa Joan Hart.

pbmax
11-20-2018, 08:15 AM

Proof that the Packers have a better defense than either of them?

mraynrand
11-20-2018, 08:24 AM
Proof that the Packers have a better defense than either of them?

I guess the Rams used up all their time outs early, the world didn't come to an end, and they still won the game.

pbmax
11-20-2018, 08:25 AM
I guess the Rams used up all their time outs early, the world didn't come to an end, and they still won the game.

That offense can cover a lot of sins.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-20-2018, 10:04 AM
That offense can cover a lot of sins.

Too bad, the NFL got greedy and moved the game to LA. Otherwise, the Rams O would be known as the Greatest Show on Dirt today.

Seriously, Aztec Stadium can’t be any worse than Soldier Field this time of the year. NFL screwed alotta people. A lotta humble Americans had planned to visit relatives in Mexico, with the Chiefs-Rams game as the main event. NFL didn’t think the stadium would look too pretty on tV, so they moved the game. Greed-fucked fuckers!

Cheesehead Craig
11-20-2018, 10:28 AM
If last night's game wasn't a wake up call to MM and the Packers offensive minds of what you can do on offense instead of the stale crap they have done for years, they are absolutely hopeless.

Fritz
11-20-2018, 11:14 AM
If last night's game wasn't a wake up call to MM and the Packers offensive minds of what you can do on offense instead of the stale crap they have done for years, they are absolutely hopeless.

Well, if it's any consolation for anyone - and maybe it's not - I was watching the end of the Detroit/Carolina game, and with a chance to win the game on a two-point conversion, Cam Newton sat and sat and sat in the pocket, not a defender within three or four yards, all day to throw . . . and proceeded to completely miss his throw to a wide open receiver in the middle of the end zone.

So does that make anyone feel better about Rodgers throwing a key third down pass into the ground? Maybe not. But it's a reminder that they are human.

Joemailman
11-20-2018, 11:41 AM

I thought at one point last night that Aaron Jones would look great in that game. My biggest problem with MM right now is that he either doesn't understand what a weapon he has, or doesn't know how to utilize it.

gbgary
11-20-2018, 01:06 PM
that F'n game last night is just going to fuel the BIG PLAY mentality that's ruined our offense. UGH!

mraynrand
11-20-2018, 02:06 PM
that F'n game last night is just going to fuel the BIG PLAY mentality

Hopefully mostly with Fackrell

pbmax
11-20-2018, 05:10 PM
Someone was complaining that other than Rodgers and Adams, no Packer could play for the Rams. Jones would look very good in that offense.

Cheesehead Craig
11-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Alexander could.

I've been thinking that we really haven't seen the consistent breakdowns in pass coverage this year as we had in seasons past. Props to Pettine for getting the pad level fixed back there.

texaspackerbacker
11-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Sounds like more of the old "grass is greener" somewhere else syndrome. The Packers are so bad, and the Rams are so fantastic ...... it seems to slip people's minds that several weeks ago, we lost by two points on the road to that super team in a game we coulda/shoulda won if not for a couple of freak circumstances.

Substandard personnel, lousy coaching, which is it? My take on this is it's a lot of both, but the greatness of Aaron Rodgers - still - mitigates the situation.

Fritz
11-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Sounds like more of the old "grass is greener" somewhere else syndrome. The Packers are so bad, and the Rams are so fantastic ...... it seems to slip people's minds that several weeks ago, we lost by two points on the road to that super team in a game we coulda/shoulda won if not for a couple of freak circumstances.

Substandard personnel, lousy coaching, which is it? My take on this is it's a lot of both, but the greatness of Aaron Rodgers - still - mitigates the situation.

Tex, if this were the 2014 Rodgers or the second-half 2015 Rodgers, I'd be with you.

texaspackerbacker
11-21-2018, 07:28 PM
It would be good to see the Lions resurrect some of that old Thanksgiving Day magic and knock off the Bears. Trubisky is doubtful, so that might help.