PDA

View Full Version : Nick Perry Robbery

Vincenzo
11-18-2018, 06:37 PM
March 2017

"Nick Perry signed a 5 year, $59,000,000 contract, including a $18,500,000 signing bonus, $18,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $11,800,000.
In 2018, Perry will earn a base salary of $1,900,000, a roster bonus of $4,750,000 and a workout bonus of $400,000, while carrying a cap hit of $10,750,000 and a dead cap value of $21,400,000."

Correct me if I'm wrong but so far this season Nick Perry has only 15 solo tackles and 1.5 sacks.
The Packers knew this dick was glass before they signed him

You wanna moan about one particular Packer, here is the stain on your underwear, an absolute enormous lump of shite.

Fritz
11-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Wow. A stain on your Fruit of the Looms!

red
11-18-2018, 07:01 PM
we have so much cap room right now tied up in guys that aren't doing a fucking thing

clay is overpaid but not completely worthless
cobb is worthless

perry is a complete waste

graham is pretty much a waste

daniels isn't doing mush this year

bulaga is a complete waste

crosby isn't living up to his high ass kicker salary either

a-rod isn't coming anywhere close to playing like the highest paid qb of all time . i think he's middle of the road for a starting QB in most categories

then you got a guy like wilkerson, who we never even needed and contributed next to nothing before he got hurt

we need some smarted cap people. as soon as we get guy worth resigning to second contract we want to throw around 10 million a year at him. you can give them less

call_me_ishmael
11-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Surely Red is a GM in waiting ;-)

Clay, Cobb, Perry, Graham, Wilkerson won't be back next year. It sounds like they can get out from the Perry abomination of a contract this year and break even, but then of course they need to pay the replacement so it's a net negative.

Daniels has one more year left and he'll get a huge bump unless people think he's too old. I doubt we resign him personally, just my gut feeling. He makes too many mental errors.

Crosby is fine. ARod is probably a little overpaid but that's the cost of doing business. Bulaga is paid correctly.

Pugger
11-19-2018, 06:10 AM
Why will Graham not return? He signed a 2 year contract. Is Clay's contract up after 2018? I too have had my fill of Perry. Unfortunately nobody would want him in a trade for the price we are paying.

pbmax
11-19-2018, 08:05 AM
Wilkerson will be back, he looked fine in his defense.

Just the normal complaint of Packer lineman, not quite enough pass rush.

Joemailman
11-19-2018, 08:18 AM
Why will Graham not return? He signed a 2 year contract. Is Clay's contract up after 2018? I too have had my fill of Perry. Unfortunately nobody would want him in a trade for the price we are paying.

Graham's cap hit goes way up next year. My thread on this kinda got buried. http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30690-Should-They-Stay-Or-Should-They-Go

pbmax
11-19-2018, 09:32 AM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30690-Should-They-Stay-Or-Should-They-Go

Yes, everyone go and make some calls. I need to know who is on board with me for replacing Bulaga with SPRIGGS™

call_me_ishmael
11-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Wilkerson will be back, he looked fine in his defense.

Just the normal complaint of Packer lineman, not quite enough pass rush.

Could be. My rational for him not being back is his injury will take away from his career. He could easily be back and get a low-ball offer from the Pack. I doubt anyone is going to offer him anything more than 3-4M off that injury.

pbmax
11-19-2018, 11:40 AM
Could be. My rational for him not being back is his injury will take away from his career. He could easily be back and get a low-ball offer from the Pack. I doubt anyone is going to offer him anything more than 3-4M off that injury.

Could be. If its severe enough to threaten a career, might need a year.

Teamcheez1
11-19-2018, 11:43 AM
Graham's cap hit goes way up next year. My thread on this kinda got buried. http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30690-Should-They-Stay-Or-Should-They-Go

Graham's cap hit next year is almost identical this year, around $12.7M. The difference is the cap hit this year was $12.7M, next year if you cut him before his roster bonus, the cap hit is $7.3M.

I think you keep him for another year and see if the change in coaches and scheme improve his play. I don't see anything behind him right now.

Joemailman
11-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Graham's cap hit next year is almost identical this year, around $12.7M. The difference is the cap hit this year was $12.7M, next year if you cut him before his roster bonus, the cap hit is $7.3M.

I think you keep him for another year and see if the change in coaches and scheme improve his play. I don't see anything behind him right now.

According to Spotrac, his cap hit this year was just under 6 million. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/jimmy-graham-6603/

You're right that next year it's 12.7M or 7.3M if they cut him.

call_me_ishmael
11-19-2018, 11:51 AM
It wouldn't surprise me to see the Packers shop Mike Daniels before the draft. I just have an inkling. I don't really have any substance to back it up. My rational is I think Gooter wants to rebuild the roster as it's A) gotten a little stale, and B) with maybe a few too many big personalities in the locker room where the bite doesn't necessarily match the bark. Daniels to me feels like a candidate for that because he has one year left on his deal, and he's a good but not great player. You don't do that with Aaron Rodgers, but maybe a tier or two down is a good place to send a msg.

I am wrong all the time so don't take this as gospel, just an inkling.

My thought is that Gooter will turn over every player on the roster that isn't someone he acquired or a premier player at their position in the next few years. Meaning that most vets except guys like Adams, Bakh, and Rodgers will be replaced over the next 2-3 years whenever it's an optimum time contractually to do so.

call_me_ishmael
11-25-2018, 11:19 PM
@JoeMailMan,

This thread details how the Pack can save some cashola better than Sportrac does.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25367030/nick-perry-green-bay-packers-placed-injured-reserve

Huzzah, he is gonna be gone!

esoxx
11-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Nick Perry WTF

What a bad extension they gave that guy. Fuggin' joke

MadScientist
11-26-2018, 12:48 AM
Nick Perry WTF

What a bad extension they gave that guy. Fuggin' joke

Peri played semi decent in his contract year, otherwise he's been a bust X2.

mraynrand
11-26-2018, 06:39 AM
My thought is that Gooter will turn over every player on the roster that isn't someone he acquired or a premier player at their position in the next few years.

It sure seems like the roster is being totally turned over. One thing - a great GM isn't afraid/needs to torpedo his own mistakes.

Bossman641
11-26-2018, 06:50 AM
The starting OLB's have combined for 4 sacks this year.

pbmax
11-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Do they need new OLBs, or as Joe has suggested, do they need more pass rush from their D lineman?

Joe has pointed out that Pettine's defense usually features better pass rush on the interior.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them draft a pass rushing 3 technique in first two days.

mraynrand
11-26-2018, 08:01 AM
Do they need new OLBs, or as Joe has suggested, do they need more pass rush from their D lineman?

Joe has pointed out that Pettine's defense usually features better pass rush on the interior.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them draft a pass rushing 3 technique in first two days.

Given that Daniels may be gone and they only have Clark, it wouldn't surprise me either. But you need a couple of guys on the LOS - preferably both inside and out, to get consistent pressure.

red
01-05-2019, 03:59 PM
i'm adding something i've been thinking lately to this thread

not only did TT screw us (and murphy for keeping him around for so long) by leaving us with an almost complete lack of talent on the team, but he also made some horrible decisions about who to let go and who to keep

we have too many guys over the last few years that have had exactly 1 good year, and were shown huge contracts, like nick perry or randall cobb. or one healthy season like bulaga. mike daniels might be on that list too

these are guys that played out of their asses for their contract years, then went right back to being the shitty undependable players they were before the contract year

somehow we need to figure out and stop rewarding players for having just one big year in order to just get paid. or maybe just reward that one big year by giving them something less then a 10 million dollar a year deal like TT loved to do so much

woodbuck27
01-05-2019, 04:04 PM
we have so much cap room right now tied up in guys that aren't doing a fucking thing

clay is overpaid but not completely worthless
cobb is worthless

perry is a complete waste

graham is pretty much a waste

daniels isn't doing mush this year

bulaga is a complete waste

crosby isn't living up to his high ass kicker salary either

a-rod isn't coming anywhere close to playing like the highest paid qb of all time . i think he's middle of the road for a starting QB in most categories

then you got a guy like wilkerson, who we never even needed and contributed next to nothing before he got hurt

we need some smarted cap people. as soon as we get guy worth resigning to second contract we want to throw around 10 million a year at him. you can give them less

Nailed it and we now have to suffer that TRUTH.

Bretsky
01-05-2019, 04:42 PM
i'm adding something i've been thinking lately to this thread

not only did TT screw us (and murphy for keeping him around for so long) by leaving us with an almost complete lack of talent on the team, but he also made some horrible decisions about who to let go and who to keep

we have too many guys over the last few years that have had exactly 1 good year, and were shown huge contracts, like nick perry or randall cobb. or one healthy season like bulaga. mike daniels might be on that list too

these are guys that played out of their asses for their contract years, then went right back to being the shitty undependable players they were before the contract year

somehow we need to figure out and stop rewarding players for having just one big year in order to just get paid. or maybe just reward that one big year by giving them something less then a 10 million dollar a year deal like TT loved to do so much

Daniels played some good ball for us and I don't think has been injured that often

Bad Decision on Cobb but many wanted that at the time

Buluga really is dam good when healthy and I don't think he broke the bank

Perry...f'ck up

Lack of talent....I agree that's a big ThanksTed

red
01-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Daniels played some good ball for us and I don't think has been injured that often

Bad Decision on Cobb but many wanted that at the time

Buluga really is dam good when healthy and I don't think he broke the bank

Perry...f'ck up

Lack of talent....I agree that's a big ThanksTed

i think bulaga has had exactly one year in his career that wasn't hampered by injuries, and i think that came during the contract year

Bretsky
01-05-2019, 05:11 PM
i think bulaga has had exactly one year in his career that wasn't hampered by injuries, and i think that came during the contract year

Hasn't he played a lot of 10-12 game seasons ?

red
01-05-2019, 05:40 PM
Hasn't he played a lot of 10-12 game seasons ?

all where he was "happered" or "slowed" by injuries

call_me_ishmael
01-05-2019, 08:34 PM
He played 14 games this year and according to PFF he did pretty well. He’ll be back since 8M for a RT is quite affordable.

Pugger
01-06-2019, 10:38 AM
I thought Daniels was playing pretty well in Pettine's D before he got hurt. Is his contract up this year? If not I don't think he is going anywhere.

pbmax
01-06-2019, 11:19 AM
I thought Daniels was playing pretty well in Pettine's D before he got hurt. Is his contract up this year? If not I don't think he is going anywhere.

I had the opposite feeling. That Clark and Wilkerson had surpassed him as starters. But that could have been sub package and opponent based, not as a result of his play or "fit".

Seemed like C&W had taken over as starters in the 2-4-5 nickel. Surprised we have not been seeing wist crow about the appearance of the 3-3-5 nickel which did include Daniels.

red
01-06-2019, 11:51 AM

The talking head would always mention how great he was, but if you watch the games, he didn’t do much

red
01-06-2019, 11:53 AM
He played 14 games this year and according to PFF he did pretty well. He’ll be back since 8M for a RT is quite affordable.

But how many games did he actually finish? And how many plays did he miss? Cause he missed a lot of time this year

gbgary
01-06-2019, 01:09 PM
bulaga was not a problem this season. pff and espn both ranked the Packers o-line number one in pass protection. the problem is o-line depth. our cap situation and poor drafting have left the o-line shelf bare. that will continue...cap-wise anyway. fingers crossed on drafting.

pbmax
01-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Right. Bulaga and Bach both had the type of year where you needed good depth.

gbgary
01-06-2019, 01:22 PM
But how many games did he actually finish? And how many plays did he miss? Cause he missed a lot of time this year

he had 250 fewer snaps than Bak. that's more than i thought for playing in 14 games.

gbgary
01-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Right. Bulaga and Bach both had the type of year where you needed good depth.

every o-line needs some depth. guys are going to miss games and chunks of plays. Bak's been durable. he's had 4 seasons with over 1000 snaps. look at the cowboys o-line. they've had a great deal of turnover the past 4 years but are still good.

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2019, 01:36 PM
That's absolutely unbelievable that pff and espn would rate the Packers O Line that high. It must have a lot to do with Rodgers' escapability bailing them out for shitty pass blocking and letting pass rushers through.

It's absolutely incredible also that the same wrongheaded fools ragging on Aaron Rodgers are defending the observable sorry performance of the O Line.

pbmax
01-06-2019, 01:51 PM
every o-line needs some depth. guys are going to miss games and chunks of plays. Bak's been durable. he's had 4 seasons with over 1000 snaps. look at the cowboys o-line. they've had a great deal of turnover the past 4 years but are still good.

Bach has been durable except for the two seasons he was banged up and needed help. He came out of a few games this year and better depth probably gets him time to heal on the bench.

gbgary
01-06-2019, 01:51 PM
That's absolutely unbelievable that pff and espn would rate the Packers O Line that high. It must have a lot to do with Rodgers' escapability bailing them out for shitty pass blocking and letting pass rushers through.

It's absolutely incredible also that the same wrongheaded fools ragging on Aaron Rodgers are defending the observable sorry performance of the O Line.

i don't know what their grading parameters are. i'm sure there's a time clock involved. probably how long they hold their blocks, pressures and sacks given up, etc. Rodgers' escapability is a plus but his holding the ball too long makes the o-line eyeball test look bad when it's not so much.

gbgary
01-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Bach has been durable except for the two seasons he was banged up and needed help. He came out of a few games this year and better depth probably gets him time to heal on the bench.

absolutely.

red
01-06-2019, 02:12 PM
he had 250 fewer snaps than Bak. that's more than i thought for playing in 14 games.

Yeah, Bulaga missed over 27% of the offensive snaps this year

And probably played when he was too hurt to be out there another 25% of the time

And unfortunately, that’s about par for the course with him. He had one 15 game year and one 16 game year, all the rest have been injury plagued

So even though he is good when he’s healthy, you pretty much need to carry another starting tackle on the team for when he does get hurt, because it will happen

red
01-06-2019, 02:15 PM

I mentioned to pugger in another thread that the poor fucker couldn’t even get off the field a few weeks ago because both legs were shot, he just stood there trying to get them to work

He might have missed one series, that’s it. He couldn’t come out because we didn’t have a replacement

So him standing there unable to move was our best option at tackle

I’ll never question that big bastards toughness after watching that

gbgary
01-06-2019, 02:18 PM
this! ^

Bossman641
01-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Let's be realistic...OL depth would be nice but there's a severe shortage of quality linemen in the NFL. It's unrealistic to expect depth across the line IMO. Game plan needs to go to quick passing.

pbmax
01-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Very true which is why I would BPA all positions. The only one I would trade up for or reach is pass rush but have to be certain.

In the first round anyway.

Otherwise, BPA.

red
01-06-2019, 03:04 PM
Very true which is why I would BPA all positions. The only one I would trade up for or reach is pass rush but have to be certain.

In the first round anyway.

Otherwise, BPA.

and pass rusher at the top of the first round is about a big of a gamble as there is. its like 50/50 that the guy becomes a star or a dud

gbgary
01-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Let's be realistic...OL depth would be nice but there's a severe shortage of quality linemen in the NFL. It's unrealistic to expect depth across the line IMO. Game plan needs to go to quick passing.

across the line yes but a couple of good, versatile guys, as primary backups, is realistic.

red
01-06-2019, 03:13 PM
across the line yes but a couple of good, versatile guys as primary backups is realistic.

or else have a starting tackle who isn't injury prone to begin with, then you can get away with just one backup tackle

right now, we need a backup for when bulaga goes down, and then you still need another incase bahk gets dinged

pbmax
01-06-2019, 04:37 PM
and pass rusher at the top of the first round is about a big of a gamble as there is. its like 50/50 that the guy becomes a star or a dud

Completely agree but Packers never find them anywhere but early OR 7th round or later (KGB or Cullen Jenkins).