PDA

View Full Version : playoffs? this has to happen...

gbgary
11-30-2018, 12:22 PM
http://www.fototime.com/53C3407909BE3F2/orig.jpg

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-30-2018, 12:35 PM
http://www.fototime.com/53C3407909BE3F2/orig.jpg

Is that all?

gbgary
11-30-2018, 12:38 PM
Is that all?

lol...yeah...min losing 3, and the Packers winning-out, are the long shots. the other 4 scenarios are completely possible.

texaspackerbacker
11-30-2018, 01:11 PM
Or we could just catch the Bears - and still have the Vikings lose 3 of 5.

The last time it looked this hopeless, all we did was win the Super Bowl.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-30-2018, 01:44 PM
Somebody, cue Mora.

Joemailman
11-30-2018, 02:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM

Anti-Polar Bear
11-30-2018, 02:10 PM
😎

MadScientist
11-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Not impossible, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Besides the Packers actually winning at the Bears, the other big issue I see is that MN plays Seattle. Because of that I don't see a way that both MN loses 3 and Seattle loses 2 with their schedules. That would mean both the Panthers and Washington will have to lose 2, and I see it likely that one of them goes 4-1.

mraynrand
11-30-2018, 03:28 PM
BRING BLACK NATE POOLE!

Pugger
11-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Or we could just catch the Bears - and still have the Vikings lose 3 of 5.

The last time it looked this hopeless, all we did was win the Super Bowl.

Yes, but this group doesn't seem to have the same feel as that 2010 squad did. :sad:

gbgary
11-30-2018, 05:54 PM
BRING BLACK NATE POOLE!

that day...was pure greatness.

red
11-30-2018, 06:49 PM
Not impossible actually

pbmax
11-30-2018, 07:07 PM
BRING BLACK NATE POOLE!

So much more fun for that to happen to them in a regular season game than the playoffs.

Sorry Ras!

Tony Oday
11-30-2018, 09:10 PM
If we win out we are in.

Rutnstrut
11-30-2018, 09:30 PM
Not gonna happen. This team sucks and it starts with the head coach and the QB.

texaspackerbacker
12-01-2018, 12:11 AM
Yes, but this group doesn't seem to have the same feel as that 2010 squad did. :sad:

As I recall, the negativity was pretty strong back then too. And I think the schedule was tougher. The fact that each game was on the brink of being knocked out must have meant the Packers didn't control their own destiny then either.

Fritz
12-01-2018, 07:36 AM
As I recall, the negativity was pretty strong back then too. And I think the schedule was tougher. The fact that each game was on the brink of being knocked out must have meant the Packers didn't control their own destiny then either.

I went to a late-season game in Detroit that year - and the Packers lost. They looked listless, even before Rodgers got knocked out of the game. Afterward, I thought the season was done, over. Lions'fans were crowing and jeering after the game.

Fritz
12-01-2018, 07:55 AM
It was Dec. 12. Then they went out to NE and lost that game, too. However, going into the Detroit game on December 12, the Packers were 8 - 4. And that was with a decimated roster. This year's team has been healthy in comparison, up to a week ago, and they are 4 - 6 - 1. Big difference.

Pugger
12-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Not gonna happen. This team sucks and it starts with the head coach and the QB.

You really hate AR right now, don't you? Or have you always hated him but feel free to express it openly now that he isn't playing at an elite level this year?

KYPack
12-01-2018, 11:30 AM
As I recall, the negativity was pretty strong back then too. And I think the several key bschedule was tougher. The fact that each game was on the brink of being knocked out must have meant the Packers didn't control their own destiny then either.

I had to go back and look. The Pack were killed by injuries that season. 15 players on IR including some key starters. The fans were grumbling the loudest after two overtime losses to Miami and Washington. GB were coach killers that season. Wade Phillips from Dallas and Chilly from Minn were canned after their teams were blown out by the Pack. GB was never under .500 that season, but had to stagger into the play-offs to snag the last seed.

To go to Pug's point, the biggest difference in that team and this year's is the influx of talent that the '10 team received. Players came off the bench or waiver wire to breathe life into a team that was struggling.
From the bench came James Starks, Clay Matthews III, BJ Raji, Sam Shields, Desmond Bishop, and most importantly, Cullen Jenkins - recovering from injury.

From the waiver wire, we got Erik Walden, Howard Green, & Matt Flynn.

We were lucky with the guys that replaced hurt starters. On October 27 we picked up Erik Walden and on the 29th we signed DT Howard Green. We had been so depleted at DL, we had to play OG JT Lang in goal line. After Greens addition we were solid in short yardage and he would make a key play in the SB, leading to a touchdown vs the Steelers.

The key addition to the lineup was Cullen Jenkins. He came off the IR some of the best D in the league.

Each guy that stepped in gave the team a lift with better play.

I don't have anything close to that "feeling" with this year's squad.

mraynrand
12-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Raji and Matthews were starters in 2010. The key was that even with injuries that roster was loaded with talent. Even so they barely made it across the finish line losing Woodson and Driver in the Super Bowl. Rodgers and The defense took turns winning games in the playoffs.

The 2018 roster has talent, but it is shallow. Could not afford any major injuries and like most years we eventually got ‘em in abundance. Not to mention stocking up for next year and letting troubled veterans pretty much walk away.

Rutnstrut
12-01-2018, 05:26 PM
You really hate AR right now, don't you? Or have you always hated him but feel free to express it openly now that he isn't playing at an elite level this year?

I actually really like AR the player. I think as a person he is an egotistical prick.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-01-2018, 05:39 PM
I actually really like AR the player. I think as a person he is an egotistical prick.

It's egoistical, idiot. Just ask rand.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-01-2018, 05:49 PM
I had to go back and look. The Pack were killed by injuries that season. 15 players on IR including some key starters. The fans were grumbling the loudest after two overtime losses to Miami and Washington. GB were coach killers that season. Wade Phillips from Dallas and Chilly from Minn were canned after their teams were blown out by the Pack. GB was never under .500 that season, but had to stagger into the play-offs to snag the last seed.

To go to Pug's point, the biggest difference in that team and this year's is the influx of talent that the '10 team received. Players came off the bench or waiver wire to breathe life into a team that was struggling.
From the bench came James Starks, Clay Matthews III, BJ Raji, Sam Shields, Desmond Bishop, and most importantly, Cullen Jenkins - recovering from injury.

From the waiver wire, we got Erik Walden, Howard Green, & Matt Flynn.

We were lucky with the guys that replaced hurt starters. On October 27 we picked up Erik Walden and on the 29th we signed DT Howard Green. We had been so depleted at DL, we had to play OG JT Lang in goal line. After Greens addition we were solid in short yardage and he would make a key play in the SB, leading to a touchdown vs the Steelers.

The key addition to the lineup was Cullen Jenkins. He came off the IR some of the best D in the league.

Each guy that stepped in gave the team a lift with better play.

I don't have anything close to that "feeling" with this year's squad.

Flynn wasn't a waiver pick up in '10. He played on his rookie contract. Todd did pick up Flynn that year Rodgers broke his collarbone, and Tolzien proved he couldn't play.

Pack would've dominated 10 had j-mike not landed on IR. Damn Donald Lee for fumbling at Washington.

mraynrand
12-01-2018, 09:16 PM
It's egoistical, idiot. Just ask rand.

Wrong

gbgary
12-02-2018, 04:13 PM
nevermind. close thread.