PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week Forever vs. Cardinals

pbmax
12-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Let the tanking commence! Back with more complaining later.

Guiness
12-02-2018, 03:20 PM
̶W̶e̶e̶k̶ Weak Forever vs. Cardinals

FTFY

ThunderDan
12-02-2018, 03:20 PM
IR ARod, he isn’t able to throw like normal.

Wins hurt the team at this point.

esoxx
12-02-2018, 03:21 PM
I think the tanking has already commenced when you lose to a two touchdown underdog at home.

The utter mismanagement of this team over the last few years has finally caught up in spades.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-02-2018, 03:49 PM
IR ARod, he isn’t able to throw like normal.

Wins hurt the team at this point.

Packers have only 1 more win than the mighty Cardinals, so they are perfectly fine losing with A-Rod. I'd play guys like Kum and Tonya a tons to find out if Rodgers can develop any so-called chemistry with them no names. Put Kevin King at WR, too. 6'3, 4.3 40, sucks at corner, so why the hell not?

gbgary
12-02-2018, 04:07 PM
besides all the other crap this team has dished out this season this is the 4th loss that can be directly attributed to crosby misses.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-02-2018, 04:16 PM
besides all the other crap this team has dished out this season this is the 4th loss that can be directly attributed to crosby misses.

Probably would be wise to put his house up for sale immediately. Crosby was a Todd pick, and Todd’s no longer sitting on the Iron Throne. Don’t be surprised to see Gute Ned Stark Crosby at season end.

PS: Ckeck out Game of Thrones if anyone hasn’t!

Joemailman
12-02-2018, 04:33 PM

This game is debatable since there is certainly no guarantee they would have won the game even if he makes the kick. But he is having for him a down year. He's 9/9 in FG's in games the Packers have won this year. 7/12 in games they have lost.

Fritz
12-02-2018, 04:40 PM
I think the tanking has already commenced when you lose to a two touchdown underdog at home.

The utter mismanagement of this team over the last few years has finally caught up in spades.

I told my wife two weeks ago it looked like the Packers were just a mediocre team this year.

Looks like my optimism got the best of me.

red
12-02-2018, 05:02 PM

i've been a fan of money mase's all along. it is tough to kick in green bay

but he is a very highly paid kicker, and this year he hasn't been playing up to that level

you can find an undrafted rookie to do what he's been doing

Rastak
12-02-2018, 05:04 PM

but he is a very highly paid kicker, and this year he hasn't been playing up to that level

That wasn't exactly a gimme.

Bretsky
12-02-2018, 05:12 PM

WINNER WINNER

Bretsky
12-02-2018, 05:13 PM

We need to keep him

He's one of the few positions that we don't have to worry about overall

Joemailman
12-02-2018, 05:13 PM
That wasn't exactly a gimme.

He said he misjudged what the wind would do to that kick.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Mason Crosby said he played for the last kick to move right to left, which is what it did in warmups, but this time the wind moved it right.

Bretsky
12-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Let the tanking commence! Back with more complaining later.

On the way to Summer AAU tryouts my son announced GB should just tank for the draft pick now and anybody remotely hurt should just sit out and let the others play.

gbgary
12-02-2018, 05:29 PM
i edited my original post to say 4th non-win since there was a tie involved (that felt like a loss).

last second miss vs min sent it to OT;
4 misses vs det were more than the difference in the score;
1 miss vs sea was the difference in the score (possible OT/win);
1 miss vs phi was the difference in the score (possible OT/win).

pbmax
12-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
Mason Crosby said he played for the last kick to move right to left, which is what it did in warmups, but this time the wind moved it right. https://es.pn/2U6Uugj

Aaron Rodgers all but wrote the end for the Packers. "Teams that want any shot at the postseason win these games" against a bad warm-weather team in cold, snowy conditions at Lambeau Field. https://es.pn/2Qa5drQ

This is, well, something: Aaron Rodgers had 233 yards on 31 completions. The only quarterback to complete 30 passes in a game and throw for less yards this season was Nathan Peterman. https://es.pn/2RuQzZ4

Rastak
12-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
Mason Crosby said he played for the last kick to move right to left, which is what it did in warmups, but this time the wind moved it right. https://es.pn/2U6Uugj

Aaron Rodgers all but wrote the end for the Packers. "Teams that want any shot at the postseason win these games" against a bad warm-weather team in cold, snowy conditions at Lambeau Field. https://es.pn/2Qa5drQ

This is, well, something: Aaron Rodgers had 233 yards on 31 completions. The only quarterback to complete 30 passes in a game and throw for less yards this season was Nathan Peterman. https://es.pn/2RuQzZ4

Ouch.

mraynrand
12-02-2018, 08:04 PM

BRING BLACK DAVE RAYNER!

Fritz
12-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Those of us who endured Packer football through the 70's and 80's are well-equipped to parse out whether it's the kicker's fault, the QB's, the defense's, the coach's, the GM's, or all of the above.

Just give it to Terdell Midelton. He's good for 2 yards per carry.

QBME
12-02-2018, 08:12 PM
There is no "tanking" in the NFL.
There are no guaranteed contracts.
There are no one or two players that can turn a 53 player roster around.

pbmax
12-02-2018, 08:14 PM
BRING BLACK DAVE RAYNER!

He was rock solid!

pbmax
12-02-2018, 08:15 PM

You just don't understand the process QBME.

Here, sit down underneath this circular strobe light and let me explain it to you.

http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/db_articles/4ef0c06a50597dd6171e0e4865b8d1279c01a57b.jpg

ThunderDan
12-02-2018, 08:16 PM

My thought exactly. There are probably only 4-7 players granteed to be back. While at least 35-40 players will be back, one game where the organization knows they didn’t give their all is a pretty quick way to be shown to the curb.

texaspackerbacker
12-02-2018, 08:21 PM
They're not gonna blow up the team. That's not the Packer way. I do think they move on from Mason Crosby with his big salary, though. A lot of teams have picked up kickers off the scrap heap that do a better job than Crosby.

ThunderDan
12-02-2018, 08:25 PM
They're not gonna blow up the team. That's not the Packer way. I do think they move on from Mason Crosby with his big salary, though. A lot of teams have picked up kickers off the scrap heap that do a better job than Crosby.

Like Minnesota?

Rastak
12-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Like Minnesota?

Maybe like the Cardinals..?

Guiness
12-02-2018, 08:26 PM

Don't know how much I agree with that. A 47 yard FG in what looked to be pretty bad conditions was not a chip shot, and I don't feel you can lay this one on him.

He certainly messed up against Detroit, something was amiss that week. He's only missed two other field goals all season, do you really think anytime a kicker misses the loss can be pinned on him? Week 2 he actually made the (52 yard) kick the first time but it was wiped out by a TO call.

mraynrand
12-02-2018, 08:27 PM

They’ve already been blowing up the team, if you mean turning over the roster.

Stockpiling picks and scuttling ineffective or overvalued players. This team might have at best 5-6 of the same starters in. sept 2020.

texaspackerbacker
12-02-2018, 08:32 PM
They’ve already been blowing up the team, if you mean turning over the roster.

Stockpiling picks and scuttling ineffective or overvalued players. This team might have at best 5-6 of the same starters in. sept 2020.

Don't bet your life on it. Although if you don't count A. Jones and J. Jones and the rookie receivers and Fackrell/Gilbert, you might be close.

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2018, 11:32 PM
I just finished moving from a place I lived at for 35 years.

So, what's going on around here? Any news?

pbmax
12-02-2018, 11:48 PM
I just finished moving from a place I lived at for 35 years.

So, what's going on around here? Any news?

They are thinking of tinkering with the offense this off season.

gbgary
12-02-2018, 11:48 PM
Don't know how much I agree with that. A 47 yard FG in what looked to be pretty bad conditions was not a chip shot, and I don't feel you can lay this one on him.

He certainly messed up against Detroit, something was amiss that week. He's only missed two other field goals all season, do you really think anytime a kicker misses the loss can be pinned on him? Week 2 he actually made the (52 yard) kick the first time but it was wiped out by a TO call.

i'm not pinning those games on crosby alone...not by any means. this team's poor performances are well chronicled. i'm just pointing out another, seldom mentioned, issue that it has.

Harlan Huckleby
12-03-2018, 12:44 AM

Oh my God. That could just make things worse - stay the course!

wootah
12-03-2018, 01:09 AM
https://i.ibb.co/Hr69pK0/47193982-2011043325619139-5744112445903863808-n-1.jpg

yetisnowman
12-03-2018, 01:45 AM

I mean the Cardinals kicker was cut by the Browns earlier this season, and he calmly hit two 40 plus yarders in the same conditions. Crosby's missed critical kicks in 3 losses and a tie including having basically the worst game by any kicker in the modern era. Of course this team has a myriad of issues. But he's supposed to be dependable.

woodbuck27
12-03-2018, 06:43 AM
I have to give Mason Crosby another 'Green Light'. He mustbe our kicker for cerain and the remainder of this regular season.

There's over the top too much wrong with the Green Bay Packers to ever go to blame on your kicker missing a last ditch effort and rather long (49 yard ) field goal to simply get your team to overtime with the worst team in the NFL.

Yesterday the Packers suffered their worst defeat before a Home Crowd inover half a century given the point spread at game time of - 13.5 points. I was traveling at the time ofthe game and was in shock that the Pack dropped that game. My immediate reaction was that MM should be FIRED ASAP. Again he let go of the running game. He has to be very poor Poker player.

Frankly no NFL Team should hire him because the games offensive strategy has passed himby and that man is really stubborn. The teams weakest link.....finally gone.

Go Pack Go !

Cheesehead Craig
12-03-2018, 08:51 AM

Pad level will definately be addressed.

Fritz
12-03-2018, 08:59 AM
I have to give Mason Crosby another 'Green Light'. He mustbe our kicker for cerain and the remainder of this regular season.

There's over the top too much wrong with the Green Bay Packers to ever go to blame on your kicker missing a last ditch effort and rather long (49 yard ) field goal to simply get your team to overtime with the worst team in the NFL.

Yesterday the Packers suffered their worst defeat before a Home Crowd inover half a century given the point spread at game time of - 13.5 points. I was traveling at the time ofthe game and was in shock that the Pack dropped that game. My immediate reaction was that MM should be FIRED ASAP. Again he let go of the running game. He has to be very poor Poker player.

Frankly no NFL Team should hire him because the games offensive strategy has passed himby and that man is really stubborn. The teams weakest link.....finally gone.

Go Pack Go !

I have a few things to say regarding MM's firing, but for now I will say that I agree with Woody that Crosby is a good kicker - he's not the problem. I'd keep him - he doesn't cost that much, for crying out loud.

I am wondering, for anyone who watched that debacle, whether Josh Jones and/or Montravius Adams showed anything to suggest improvement. I'm wondering if either or both can live up to their draft statuses. They've got, what, four games left to prove it?

And is Josh Jackson waking up at all? Guy's been playing like he's asleep.

run pMc
12-03-2018, 09:19 AM
Crosby is not the problem. You won't find many better than him unless you drop a draft pick, and they have bigger priorities. He's playing with a new holder and snapper this year, and a 49 yarder is no gimme. I would bring someone into camp for competition, but you don't cut a kicker like him outright until then.

Harlan Huckleby
12-03-2018, 09:25 AM
I am wondering, for anyone who watched that debacle, whether Josh Jones and/or Montravius Adams showed anything to suggest improvement. I'm wondering if either or both can live up to their draft statuses. They've got, what, four games left to prove it?

Jackson is erratic but talented. Josh Jones seems too stupid to fix. The scapegoat I had my eye on was the replacement ILB, Morrison. That guy is a clod. But guess you don't get great starters at bottom of roster.

pbmax
12-03-2018, 09:27 AM
I have a few things to say regarding MM's firing, but for now I will say that I agree with Woody that Crosby is a good kicker - he's not the problem. I'd keep him - he doesn't cost that much, for crying out loud.

Adams - He can be a monster and is quick off the line, but as we saw with Raji, freelancing in the interior especially in run D is a bad idea in nickel and dime as you leave TOO many gaps uncovered. He's not ready for disciplined D yet.

Josh Jones - I don't see free safety from him at all. He can play the ball or the player but has not idea how to triangulate both. He can learn, that is, he has learned to avoid illegal hits, but he has not figured out how to cover a man deep. But he can go forward like gang busters and is a good hitter and tackler. He would be better in zone which ...

Josh Jackson - someone said he looks like he won't be able to play man but is good in zone. He also us a sure tackler and can go forward in a hurry. With a two Josh defense, you won't see the opposing O run a screen through the D if they are on that side of the ball.

But Pettine prefers man coverage, which can expose both guys. But you could play a whale of a hybrid coverage with them. But their status as staters are very much up in the air.

As per usual, I am rooting for talent to win out over scheme. Each has something to offer physically. But we aren't there yet.

bobblehead
12-03-2018, 09:28 AM

Lets see, gone already: Montgomery and haha. Gone next year: Clay, Cobb, Maybe Perry. I'd call that a rebuild.

bobblehead
12-03-2018, 09:31 AM

Jones showed a little bit. I didn't notice adams, but he is a DT so why would I? Jackson will be an all pro S for the jets in the future.

pbmax
12-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Lets see, gone already: Montgomery and haha. Gone next year: Clay, Cobb, Maybe Perry. I'd call that a rebuild.

I'd say they are going young. Not a full rebuild.

texaspackerbacker
12-03-2018, 01:15 PM

Not even close. All of those moves would be expected to improve things in the short term - replacement by better players. A rebuild is where you tear down and expect a year or several of really crappy teams. Think Oakland - getting rid of Mack, Cooper, etc. That won't happen and damn well shouldn't happen.

pbmax
12-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Not even close. All of those moves would be expected to improve things in the short term - replacement by better players. A rebuild is where you tear down and expect a year or several of really crappy teams. Think Oakland - getting rid of Mack, Cooper, etc. That won't happen and damn well shouldn't happen.

How did dealing Ha Ha improve things short term? They played a street FA at free safety for the second week in a row yesterday.

yetisnowman
12-03-2018, 01:57 PM
How did dealing Ha Ha improve things short term? They played a street FA at free safety for the second week in a row yesterday.

Have you watched Ha Ha play with the Skins? He's awful. Their secondary has been worse since he's arrived. Even with the makeshift secondary, I'd say our safety play hasn't been any worse without him . At least I don't see garbage effort week in week out.

yetisnowman
12-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Also, the Crosby takes here are baffling to me. He's the highest paid kicker in the league, the 9th highest player on the team. And he's missed more kicks than any kicker in the NFL this year. Thanks for your service but see ya!

pbmax
12-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Have you watched Ha Ha play with the Skins? He's awful. Their secondary has been worse since he's arrived. Even with the makeshift secondary, I'd say our safety play hasn't been any worse without him . At least I don't see garbage effort week in week out.

Have you seen the Packers secondary play deep? They aren't better. Ha Ha was unwilling to hit or tackle, but he was in position.

The only safety i have liked all around is I Campbell.

yetisnowman
12-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Have you seen the Packers secondary play deep? They aren't better. Ha Ha was unwilling to hit or tackle, but he was in position.

I didn't say they were better, I said they weren't any worse whereas you are claiming it set our defense back to trade him.
Interestingly they are better statistically without Haha. And that's with multiple injuries, playing 35 yr old corners and udfas playing substantial minutes at safety.
Scoring defense and pass ypg virtually identical. But they are giving up 1.0 pass Tds per game since the trade and were givng up 1.86 pg before the trade. Less 20 plus yard TDs after haha. It was a net gain statistically. Plus a pick.

pbmax
12-03-2018, 04:09 PM
I didn't say they were better, I said they weren't any worse whereas you are claiming it set our defense back to trade him.
Interestingly they are better statistically without Haha. And that's with multiple injuries, playing 35 yr old corners and udfas playing substantial minutes at safety.
Scoring defense and pass ypg virtually identical. But they are giving up 1.0 pass Tds per game since the trade and were givng up 1.86 pg before the trade. Less 20 plus yard TDs after haha. It was a net gain statistically. Plus a pick.

You got a link?

woodbuck27
12-03-2018, 04:57 PM

The writing was clearly on the wall:

FAIL. KEEP the strength strong:

Offensive Line. Wide Receiver. Tight End.

woodbuck27
12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Also, the Crosby takes here are baffling to me. He's the highest paid kicker in the league, the 9th highest player on the team. And he's missed more kicks than any kicker in the NFL this year. Thanks for your service but see ya!

We have to be very strong in that position. The Mason Crosby watch is on.

mraynrand
12-03-2018, 05:06 PM

It's hard at this point to identify whether problems are mostly communication or lack of talent, but why not just go with both? Yesterday, on one big completion, J'xander released his guy to the safety, and the safety was late. Yet, I could not fathom why the receiver had been passed off because it appeared J'xander had man coverage. Where was the mistake there? Anyway, I saw Ha Ha as pretty much garbage back there and don't see that area as being the problem with the defense. They just lack horses overall.

mraynrand
12-03-2018, 05:08 PM
The writing was clearly on the wall:

FAIL. KEEP the strength strong:

Offensive Line. Wide Receiver. Tight End.

Offensive Line. Pass Rush. Wide Receiver. Tight End. That's the order I'd suggest. But with a high draft pick, you'd still probably go OLB or D-line first, because that's where you get those guys. But maybe there's a RT who will solidify the line for ten years. I'd certainly be OK with them taking that guy #1.

ThunderDan
12-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Offensive Line. Pass Rush. Wide Receiver. Tight End. That's the order I'd suggest. But with a high draft pick, you'd still probably go OLB or D-line first, because that's where you get those guys. But maybe there's a RT who will solidify the line for ten years. I'd certainly be OK with them taking that guy #1.

I want Tausch 2.0 in the 7th.

yetisnowman
12-03-2018, 08:59 PM
You got a link?

I don't link I just went at the boxscores did the math real quick. I'm a dork like that. I could write everything and show my work but the numbers are basic. But i did make one mistake. For example GB gave up 13 pass Tds in 7 games w/Dix and 6 pass Tds in 5 games without him. (Not 6 games) so it's 1.86 pg with him and 1.2 without him.

yetisnowman
12-03-2018, 09:16 PM
PB, you might be amazed at some the stats. teamrankings.com.
Packers are top half of in the league in every pass defense metric basically, and top 10 in a lot of them.
T-13th in opp pass TD per game.
5th in opp completions per game.
6th in opp pass yds per game

To name a few. Really given all the injuries and inexperience back there, (not too mention an offense that doesn't sustain drives) some of these numbers are down right miraculous. I'll give Pettine credit

pbmax
12-04-2018, 08:17 AM
PB, you might be amazed at some the stats. teamrankings.com.
Packers are top half of in the league in every pass defense metric basically, and top 10 in a lot of them.
T-13th in opp pass TD per game.
5th in opp completions per game.
6th in opp pass yds per game

To name a few. Really given all the injuries and inexperience back there, (not too mention an offense that doesn't sustain drives) some of these numbers are down right miraculous. I'll give Pettine credit

I believe you. I've seen several bits that indicate that pass D was better than last year. I just don't see improvement at safety, though Tramon has been as solid as it might be possible to be given he isn't a safety.

I try to not to get too excited about the counting stats per game though. Packers D has been in a lot of games where they are losing and the other teams wants to run, not pass. And I worry the schedule is full of poor teams.

But I agree Pettine's defense is trending up compared to the previous effort.

bobblehead
12-04-2018, 08:31 AM

Oakland is the most extreme rebuild in recent history. I'd say resetting 5-7 starters in a year is a rebuild. And we are on year one of really crappy teams. I expect one more 8-8 before we turn it around although a stellar draft could change that.

texaspackerbacker
12-04-2018, 10:18 AM

It seems like a lot of teams end up with busts for first round O Linemen - and the Packers must be near the top of that list all the way back to Mandarich. I'd rather see about 3 O Linemen taken from the 3rd to the 6th round. I'd also like to see most or all of them being huge/strong - road graders, even at the risk of less mobility - enough of this undersized Spriggs-types.

Going for a hot shot pass rusher in the first round also is a risk, but a risk worth taking IMO. I remember how happy I was when we drafted Jamal Reynolds - and that didn't exactly work out. They better really do their homework for the pick.

Wide Receiver? I don't see that we need one of those at all except maybe way down at the bottom if there is a bunch of standouts, as has happened several different years. Great college WRs don't always become great pros, but the main reason I don't want one drafted early is what we already have. Adams is a star; I see MVS as a soon to be star and St. Brown as a long term quality player; Moore and Kumerow need to develop, but are potentially good also.

Tight End? If you assume Graham is gone, maybe ....... I think he stays even if his cap number goes up some. Tonyan is a decent prospect also. I'd maybe get one or two TEs late in the draft or as UDFAs.

No mention of ILB? Second round might be a good place to get somebody to pair up with Martinez - but they better be damn careful to pick a good one there too.

And Safety also should be covered in the 3rd or 4th.

We also should bring in at least two kickers - 7th round or UDFA - to replace overpaid/under-achieving Crosby.

Being careful - or lucky - depending on your point of view is the key. For decades, the Packers have had way too big a percentage of busts or mediocre high picks.