PDA

View Full Version : Favre never played a game the way Rodgers played vs Zona

Vincenzo
12-02-2018, 05:13 PM
I've watched every single snap that Brett Favre played for the Packers and never seen him once put in an effort the way Aaron Rodgers did today.
Rodgers vs Arizona put in worse effort I've seen a Packer QB put in for 35 years.

How fortunate we were to have Favre, he was 100 times the leader Aaron Rodger is!
I recall years ago a fan friend of mine proclaiming hard that Rodgers was a prick by nature, and today when he sat on the sidelines like he didn't give a hoot.......ffs!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow Rats, but Favre started 253 games for the Packers.

Have you ever see him once play such an effortless game the way Aaron Rodgers did today vs the Arizona Cardinals?

Rastak
12-02-2018, 05:30 PM
I read Jeff Pearlman's book on Favre, interesting guy and one hell of a talented QB. I told my co-workers after he signed with the Vikings I'd not warm up to him unless they made the superbowl but he won me over and I would clearly see why you guys loved him and what he meant to the lockerroom.

pbmax
12-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Have you ever see him once play such an effortless game the way Aaron Rodgers did today vs the Arizona Cardinals?

Wasn't effortless. He got clobbered standing in for throw several times. Took a shot to his knee/legs running for a first.

But to answer your question, yes I've seen Favre check out. Off the top of my head:

2nd half of Giants playoff game in 2007.

Entire regular season game in Chicago in cold rainstorm, think it was the same year.

If I thought about the 2006 season, bet I could find a few more. The entire second half of his career, minus the revenge year in Minnesota, was an effort to drop back and throw the ball quick so as not to take more hits than necessary. His last incompletion in that Giants game was an effort to get the ball out quick and throw a route from memory, regardless of what Driver was running.

Vincenzo
12-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Wasn't effortless. He got clobbered standing in for throw several times. Took a shot to his knee/legs running for a first.

But to answer your question, yes I've seen Favre check out. Off the top of my head:

Entire regular season game in Chicago in cold rainstorm, think it was the same year.

If I thought about the 2006 season, bet I could find a few more. The entire second half of his career, minus the revenge year in Minnesota, was an effort to drop back and throw the ball quick so as not to take more hits than necessary. His last incompletion in that Giants game was an effort to get the ball out quick and throw a route from memory, regardless of what Driver was running.

I never saw Favre lame-out the way Rodgers did today, Favre always gave it his 100 %, ya he may have messed up but very rarely looked defeated.

Where is Rodgers leadership skills now? Favre oozed leadership, Rodgers has next to none.
The players aren't believing and that NEVER happened during our Favre era.

pbmax
12-02-2018, 06:15 PM
I never saw Favre lame-out the way Rodgers did today, Favre always gave it his 100 %, ya he may have messed up but very rarely looked defeated.

Where is Rodgers leadership skills now? Favre oozed leadership, Rodgers has next to none.

Vincenzo, players were fed up with Favre at the end of his run. He cordoned them off in the locker room, didn't know the young players and bailed on games.

You don't remember it because the legend writing has been in full force since the reconciliation.

Allison, Adams and Cobb as still with Rodgers. He'll get the young guys too.

smuggler
12-02-2018, 06:18 PM
This is a... real interesting fantasy.

red
12-02-2018, 06:19 PM
either is shoulder is completely fucked still from last year and he's last his arm

or he's been playing to get his coach fired

neither one of those options looks very good

ThunderDan
12-02-2018, 06:33 PM

Sorry, Giants/Packers 2007 playoff game Favre didn’t even want to play. Most pathetic effort ever by a player I have seen.

And that includes Pop Warner.

ThunderDan
12-02-2018, 06:36 PM
either is shoulder is completely fucked still from last year and he's last his arm

or he's been playing to get his coach fired

neither one of those options looks very good

I think they should IR ARod. He doesn’t like right at all. Give all the extra rest you can give him to heal his knee and lingering shoulder issues if any.

Rastak
12-02-2018, 06:37 PM
I think they should IR ARod. He doesn’t like right at all. Give all the extra rest you can give him to heal his knee and lingering shoulder issues if any.

Not even on the injury report and sneak him onto IR?

George Cumby
12-02-2018, 06:39 PM

Agreed.

pbmax
12-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Not even on the injury report and sneak him onto IR?

Hit to the head in second half. Concussion protocol. IR.

Just need a headache report tomorrow by Rodgers. Done and done.

Rastak
12-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Hit to the head in second half. Concussion protocol. IR.

Just need a headache report tomorrow by Rodgers. Done and done.

LOL, probably true.....the NFL wouldn't blink an eye....

ZachMN
12-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Thank You. And if I may add to the Giants game in 2007 a recall a writer who I can't remember his name but he worked here in MPLS then went to GB and he said that M3 wanted to bench Favre in that game but couldn't because he was 'Brett Favre'.

The Shadow
12-02-2018, 07:01 PM
I saw Favre bail at least twice, so the attempt to build him up too much does not at all work.

QBME
12-02-2018, 08:20 PM

argo

Bossman641
12-02-2018, 08:53 PM
What was the game... think it was a playoff game in the cold... where Favre threw the ball a good 3-4 yards past the LOS cause he didn't want to get hit. Wanna say it was against Vikings.

Rutnstrut
12-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Sorry, Giants/Packers 2007 playoff game Favre didn’t even want to play. Most pathetic effort ever by a player I have seen.

And that includes Pop Warner.

Most of the Packer defense evidently didn't want to play in that game either, because that's what lost that game.

Freak Out
12-02-2018, 10:12 PM
The Packers stink right now...it's not just Arod.

run pMc
12-03-2018, 09:45 AM
What was the game... think it was a playoff game in the cold... where Favre threw the ball a good 3-4 yards past the LOS cause he didn't want to get hit. Wanna say it was against Vikings.

Wildcard game at Lambeau vs. the Mike Tice era Vikings, I think. I remember the play and knew right then he had checked out of the game and the season was done. That was as careless and boneheaded of a play as I've seen from him. It was Kizer-esque.

woodbuck27
12-03-2018, 09:53 AM

H looked very bad vs the Vikings in the playoff game of 2004.

mraynrand
12-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Wildcard game at Lambeau vs. the Mike Tice era Vikings, I think. I remember the play and knew right then he had checked out of the game and the season was done. That was as careless and boneheaded of a play as I've seen from him. It was Kizer-esque.

I was there - in that end zone watching that. There's no doubt that after thirteen years of getting clobbered in the NFL, Favre had had enough of big hits. I suggest conducting a survey of QBs who have started every game for 12 years and see how many still enjoy those bone crushing sacks.

bobblehead
12-03-2018, 10:15 AM
I've watched every single snap that Brett Favre played for the Packers and never seen him once put in an effort the way Aaron Rodgers did today.
Rodgers vs Arizona put in worse effort I've seen a Packer QB put in for 35 years.

How fortunate we were to have Favre, he was 100 times the leader Aaron Rodger is!
I recall years ago a fan friend of mine proclaiming hard that Rodgers was a prick by nature, and today when he sat on the sidelines like he didn't give a hoot.......ffs!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow Rats, but Favre started 253 games for the Packers.

Favre was not God. He wasn't the QB ARod is. He also loved to try so damn hard he threw into triple coverage.

bobblehead
12-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Most of the Packer defense evidently didn't want to play in that game either, because that's what lost that game.

20 in regulation. shutout in 4th Q while we tied it? I watched a different game.

Rutnstrut
12-03-2018, 11:30 AM
20 in regulation. shutout in 4th Q while we tied it? I watched a different game.

Al Harris and others that couldn't cover a hobbled Plax even when they knew the ball was going there. Yeah that D was fucking stellar. Eli having enough time to not make Eli look like Eli. Oh hell yeah, that defense was top fucking notch.

mraynrand
12-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Al Harris and others that couldn't cover a hobbled Plax even when they knew the ball was going there. Yeah that D was fucking stellar. Eli having enough time to not make Eli look like Eli. Oh hell yeah, that defense was top fucking notch.

20 in regulation. shutout in 4th Q while we tied it? A Giants front four that was dominant. I watched a different game. The Giants defense won that game, just as they won the Superbowl over the Patriots (and some luck, you always need some luck).

denverYooper
12-03-2018, 11:44 AM
This thread is stupid.

Fritz
12-03-2018, 11:54 AM
This thread is stupid.

Look at you, giving up on this thread, just like that. Scott Campbell never used to do that; he always tried, every thread, every post.

mraynrand
12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Look at you, giving up on this thread, just like that. Scott Campbell never used to do that; he always tried, every thread, every post.

But Campbell would insult the thread, and Woodbuck, even as he was contributing to the thread's awfulness. Yooper is just giving a half-hearted effort, just like Rodgers, but not like Favre, ever.

Deputy Nutz
12-03-2018, 02:43 PM
I agree that this thread is stupid. Neither Rodgers or Favre quit in a game. Demoralized? Absolutely.

pbmax
12-03-2018, 03:01 PM
https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1069694832405172224

We've seen this before. No one is getting open on first read, maybe second read. Than protecting developers a leak and he moves, shutting off the 3rd read.

George Cumby
12-03-2018, 04:12 PM
I was there - in that end zone watching that. There's no doubt that after thirteen years of getting clobbered in the NFL, Favre had had enough of big hits. I suggest conducting a survey of QBs who have started every game for 12 years and see how many still enjoy those bone crushing sacks.

He's like a kid out there!

woodbuck27
12-03-2018, 04:46 PM

The word 'hater' comes to mind.

woodbuck27
12-03-2018, 04:48 PM
This thread is stupid.

It serves nothing good.

mraynrand
12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
He's like a kid out there!

more like: "He's like a kid who's had the shit kicked out of him every lunch for 12 years!" :)

I do think Favre developed some partial feet of clay near the end. People reaching middle age can appreciate this more than the young 'uns. Even so, that dude took a pounding in New Orleans and hung in there like a man. Never forget what a warrior that guy was.

mraynrand
12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
It serves nothing good.

It always depends on what you add to it.

pbmax
12-03-2018, 07:05 PM
more like: "He's like a kid who's had the shit kicked out of him every lunch for 12 years!" :)

I do think Favre developed some partial feet of clay near the end. People reaching middle age can appreciate this more than the young 'uns. Even so, that dude took a pounding in New Orleans and hung in there like a man. Never forget what a warrior that guy was.

Yep. He just wasn't going to do it in a meaningless regular season game. Or the cold I guess.

Upnorth
12-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Since we are reminiscing about old demoralizing favre packers losses how about the 2002 falcons home playoff game. That one sucked on so many levels.

mraynrand
12-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Since we are reminiscing about old demoralizing favre packers losses how about the 2002 falcons home playoff game. That one sucked on so many levels.

That team limped into that game. The nail in the coffin was the wrong route by Terry "I get injured every tackle" Glenn in Tampa that resulted in the pick that resulted in the Sapp hit, that resulted in the loss Clifton that killed the O-line, etc. etc. So many injuries, that by the time of the WC game that team was beyond finished. I know the QB is "responsible for everything," but maybe just maybe people could get 2002 right.

Upnorth
12-05-2018, 03:02 PM
That team limped into that game. The nail in the coffin was the wrong route by Terry "I get injured every tackle" Glenn in Tampa that resulted in the pick that resulted in the Sapp hit, that resulted in the loss Clifton that killed the O-line, etc. etc. So many injuries, that by the time of the WC game that team was beyond finished. I know the QB is "responsible for everything," but maybe just maybe people could get 2002 right.

That was one of the levels it sucked on, as did the other injuries. I think that was the year my wife bought me a Green jersey for christmas and then he got injured. Another level of suck, and possibly the biggest one, it was our first home playoff loss. I remember thinking we were destined to win that one... :cry:
I don't blame the loss on favre, just remember the massive let down.
when it comes to why teams win and lose, anyone who's first answer is always the QB tends to not know football imo.

mraynrand
12-05-2018, 03:11 PM
That was one of the levels it sucked on, as did the other injuries. I think that was the year my wife bought me a Green jersey for christmas and then he got injured. Another level of suck, and possibly the biggest one, it was our first home playoff loss. I remember thinking we were destined to win that one... :cry:
I don't blame the loss on favre, just remember the massive let down.
when it comes to why teams win and lose, anyone who's first answer is always the QB tends to not know football imo.

I was at the home playoff loss to Minnesota after the 2004 season. That was worse. Although I did get this line in to a mocking Viking fan: "Well, enjoy the win, and remember next week, when you're losing to the Eagles, I will be laughing, thinking of you. And you won't be able to prevent yourself thinking of me, laughing at your pain."

Upnorth
12-06-2018, 08:37 AM
I was at the home playoff loss to Minnesota after the 2004 season. That was worse. Although I did get this line in to a mocking Viking fan: "Well, enjoy the win, and remember next week, when you're losing to the Eagles, I will be laughing, thinking of you. And you won't be able to prevent yourself thinking of me, laughing at your pain."

He who laughs last...

Vincenzo
12-06-2018, 11:15 AM

Sometimes you gotta stand bye what you say and think.
Yes much of this is a sort of sweeping emotional statement but I think Favre was not only the far better leader but he also gave a greater overall effort, regardless if we cherry pick a game or 3 over a 16 year career.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Favre led the Pack back in the clutch against the giants. If he didn’t want to be there, he woulda stayed in the locker room in the 2nd half with a fake injury.

Driver was on fire in that game, and he was the 1st read on that fateful play. Favre shoulda thrown the ball harder and closer to the sidelines.

RashanGary
12-06-2018, 01:02 PM
What Winston moss said, i believe it. I never thought AR would get too big headed because he saw Favre do it and would be ready to fight the urge. But I believe it. ARs flat out refusual to take what is given and try to force his style finally caught up to us. And now we all pay for it.