PDA

View Full Version : The Manchurian Candidates

Anti-Polar Bear
12-05-2018, 09:58 AM
The Alfred E. Neuman lookalike needs to hire one of these 'leader of men' to fill the Packers' head coach vacancy. I flip burgers for the minimum-wage, literally and figuratively, so I ain't got time for 20 pages of baseless arguments. Therefore, Mike Sherman is not on this list.

Josh McDaniels: Has head coaching experience. Has experiencing dealing with an elite, diva QB. Offensive innovator. McDaniels largely failed in Denver because he was, bluntly put, a pompous motherfucker. The Great Belichick wasn't exactly fruitful in his 1st gig, either. If anything, the Denver experience has humbled McDaniels with the humbleness of an awesome working-class hero.

Mike Martz: Architect of the 'Greatest Show on Turf'. The artist behind Warner's HOF bust. Got the noodle-arm Bulger paid. Revived Kitna's career, at least for a season. Cutler wasn't too bad under Martz. Aaron Rodgers, through and through, has morphed into a Martzist - likes to drop back and hold onto the rock, a-waiting for the big play. And Rodgers has more kung fu than Warner, Bulger, Kitna and Cutler combined.

Al Harris: Current Chiefs DB coach. Former Packer shutdown corner. Ole Al would allow A-Rod to be his own OC while making the Packer D great again.

Norm Chow:The guy knows offense.

Barrack Obama: In light of rumors about Condy Rice going the Browns, how 'bout Obama to the Pack? Obama might not know much 'bout coaching football, but he certainly knows how to motivate people. Allow A-Rod to be his own OC, and hire someone like Al Harris to coach the D.

mraynrand
12-05-2018, 10:24 AM
Mike Martz was the architect of a number of busts.

Cheesehead Craig
12-05-2018, 11:20 AM
This would be thread #3 about new coach speculation.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Mike Martz was the architect of a number of busts.

Sure, but Martz has never coached a QB with the talent of A-Rod. Martz- Rodgers could be as awesome as Marx-Engels.

mraynrand
12-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Sure, but Martz has never coached a QB with the talent of A-Rod. Martz- Rodgers could be as awesome as Marx-Engels.

Getting rid of Stubby is like airbrushing Trotsky out of the picture.

texaspackerbacker
12-05-2018, 11:38 AM
I can't take credit for this - somebody I don't know posted it in Facebook. The guy said assuming Tom Brady retires after this season, maybe Belichick would take the Packers job.

Bretsky
12-05-2018, 11:48 AM
This would be thread #3 about new coach speculation.

Good, cause at this point the main interests are either new coach or draft. We'll be to #10 soon :)))))

ONE TANK FORGOT

BRET BEILESMA....that asswhiping prick..but the peckerhead was the best Badger Football recruiter not named Barry Alvarez

pbmax
12-05-2018, 11:52 AM
I can't take credit for this - somebody I don't know posted it in Facebook. The guy said assuming Tom Brady retires after this season, maybe Belichick would take the Packers job.

Now Facebook is stealing from us?

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30656-Hypothetical-Next-Coach-of-the-Green-Bay-Packers&p=997050&viewfull=1#post997050

pbmax
12-05-2018, 11:53 AM

You can employ a lot of people "updating" murals and printing banners to correctly reflect truth.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-05-2018, 12:02 PM

Lol.

Greatest show on hybrid grass with Rodgers running Martz’s offense. I honestly believe that.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Good, cause at this point the main interests are either new coach or draft. We'll be to #10 soon :)))))

ONE TANK FORGOT

BRET BEILESMA....that asswhiping prick..but the peckerhead was the best Badger Football recruiter not named Barry Alvarez

Red is trademarking “Fat Brett” at this moment, just in case Beilema actually gets hired. lol

I actually liked Beilema when he was at Wisconsin. He played QBs that could throw, at least at the collegiate level, instead relying on noodle arms Brooks Bollinger clones. Surprised John Stocco didn’t play in the NFL - I thought that guy was good.

texaspackerbacker
12-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Martz is a little old, but I'd be on board with the idea of hiring him. I very much doubt it will happen, though.

Tony Oday
12-05-2018, 12:25 PM

Maybe we can trade for him ;)

mraynrand
12-05-2018, 01:25 PM
You can employ a lot of people "updating" murals and printing banners to correctly reflect truth.

or scrubbing people off the website in about 30 seconds.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-06-2018, 03:25 PM
OT: Starting to look like the Packers will finally get to appear on Hard Knocks. Miss the playoffs two straight seasons, and you’re eligible for the awesome show.

Why wouldn’t the NFL not want to showcase the Packers? A new coach, an elite QB and all.

I can’t wait.

Joemailman
12-06-2018, 06:36 PM
OT: Starting to look like the Packers will finally get to appear on Hard Knocks. Miss the playoffs two straight seasons, and you’re eligible for the awesome show.

Why wouldn’t the NFL not want to showcase the Packers? A new coach, an elite QB and all.

I can’t wait.

Packers can't be forced to do it because they will have a new head coach.

In October 2013 the NFL announced that, in the absence of a team volunteering to participate in Hard Knocks, the league could force a team to participate. Teams are exempt from being forced to participate in three circumstances: (1) they have appeared in the past ten years, (2) they have a first-year head coach, or (3) they reached the playoffs in either of the two preceding seasons.[8]

Anti-Polar Bear
12-07-2018, 03:21 AM
Packers can't be forced to do it because they will have a new head coach.

What?!?! Well, they should volunteer to be on Hard Knocks. Would do wonders for the boring city of Green Bay, and the working-class folks there mostly paid for the Packers’ $400 M renovation.

Look at what “Making a Murderer” did to the city of Manitowoc.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-07-2018, 03:27 AM
Martz is a little old, but I'd be on board with the idea of hiring him. I very much doubt it will happen, though.

Would you disavow your Packer fandom if Obama was hired? ;)