6. Minnesota Vikings 6-5-1
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Outside Looking In

7. Carolina Panthers 6-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Philadelphia
8. Philadelphia Eagles 6-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Washington
9. Washington Redskins 6-6
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5-7
11. Green Bay Packers 4-7-1
12. Atlanta Falcons 4-8 Better conference winning pct. than Detroit and N.Y. Giants
13. New York Giants 4-8 Better conference winning pct. than Detroit
14. Detroit Lions 4-8
15. Arizona Cardinals 3-9
16. San Francisco 49ers 2-10

Los Angeles takes #1 seed.
Seattle moves into wild card spot
Washington drops out of playoff spot

Key Week 14 Games

Carolina at Cleveland
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
N.Y. Giants at Washington
Philadelphia at Dallas
Los Angeles Rams at Chicago
Minnesota at Seattle

pbmax
12-05-2018, 07:25 PM
This is depressing and not in a comical way. At 3-9 at least we could look for a top 5 pick.

Joemailman
12-05-2018, 07:28 PM
This is depressing and not in a comical way. At 3-9 at least we could look for a top 5 pick.

They're not that far away from top 5. Right now the team with the 5th pick is 4-8.

pbmax
12-05-2018, 07:30 PM
They're not that far away from top 5. Right now the team with the 5th pick is 4-8.

I don't like to watch losing, but I could put up with it for 3 of 4 games. Have to be careful, need to wreck the Bears plans.

Bretsky
12-05-2018, 07:34 PM
I don't like to watch losing, but I could put up with it for 3 of 4 games. Have to be careful, need to wreck the Bears plans.

Per ESPN, they were noting the Packers could realistically end up with anywhere between the 6th and 16th picks

LET'S ALL SAY IT TOGETHER FOR THE GREATER GOOD

TANK

mraynrand
12-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Per ESPN, they were noting the Packers could realistically end up with anywhere between the 6th and 16th picks

LET'S ALL SAY IT TOGETHER FOR THE GREATER GOOD

TANK

It's been obvious to me that the intention all along was to tank the season. Ever more clues as the season progressed. They just need to lose more games. Hell, maybe Murphy even gave Crosby some cash on the side to drop from a league unapproved 80% down to 75.9%.

pbmax
12-05-2018, 07:40 PM
It's been obvious to me that the intention all along was to tank the season. Ever more clues as the season progressed. They just need to lose more games. Hell, maybe Murphy even gave Crosby some cash on the side to drop from a league unapproved 80% down to 75.9%.

So its Two Men Out?

#baseballreference

Bretsky
12-05-2018, 07:41 PM
After they lose this week, SHUT down AROD and BACH and ANYBODY else with a boobooooo…………...play the young guys..see who can play...…..

Rastak
12-05-2018, 07:51 PM
After they lose this week, SHUT down AROD and BACH and ANYBODY else with a boobooooo…………...play the young guys..see who can play...…..

The interim head coach was told he is a candidate for the full time gig. In addition, this is his going on his resume for any future position. What possible motivation would he have to tank the season? I would guess he'll coach his ass off and pull out all stops to get as many wins as possible.

Per playoffstatus.com, GB can get as high is 3rd seed as of this moment. They have extremely low odds for that.

Joemailman
12-05-2018, 08:03 PM
The interim head coach was told he is a candidate for the full time gig. In addition, this is his going on his resume for any future position. What possible motivation would he have to tank the season? I would guess he'll coach his ass off and pull out all stops to get as many wins as possible.

Per playoffstatus.com, GB can get as high is 3rd seed as of this moment. They have extremely low odds for that.

Murphy might have said that in part so as not to undercut the coach. Sending a message to the players that Philbin is not just an interim coach they can blow off. He might be the future coach who can affect their future with the team.

Rastak
12-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Murphy might have said that in part so as not to undercut the coach. Sending a message to the players that Philbin is not just an interim coach they can blow off. He might be the future coach who can affect their future with the team.

I agree that’s absolutely possible, but what are the chances he pulled Philbin aside and said “Just between us you have no shot at the job, that was for their benefit”

Any tanking has to come from the very top, just not seeing it.

Joemailman
12-05-2018, 08:35 PM
I agree that’s absolutely possible, but what are the chances he pulled Philbin aside and said “Just between us you have no shot at the job, that was for their benefit”

The closest we'll see to tanking will be if the Packers decide to sit some vets after they are eliminated from the playoffs. They actually did that last year although the situation was different in that MM had another year on his contract. Would the front office tell Philbin to sit vets and play young guys? I don't know.

mraynrand
12-05-2018, 09:44 PM
The closest we'll see to tanking will be if the Packers decide to sit some vets after they are eliminated from the playoffs. They actually did that last year although the situation was different in that MM had another year on his contract. Would the front office tell Philbin to sit vets and play young guys? I don't know.

They don't have to tell him - the GM can just put players on IR.

Bretsky
12-05-2018, 10:45 PM
They don't have to tell him - the GM can just put players on IR.

BINGO

Lose this week

Put Rodgers on IR and let him heal and get surgery

Put Back and IR and let him heal

Anybody with issues....let them heal

Let's see if Kizer can play

Lets see if Wist's favorite ILB can play

And lets get a dam top 10 pick !!!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
12-06-2018, 08:29 AM
I bet there will be some injured players on the inactive list who are just questionable. If playoffs are out of the picture, then all bets are off.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-06-2018, 09:04 AM
BINGO

Lose this week

Put Rodgers on IR and let him heal and get surgery

Put Back and IR and let him heal

Anybody with issues....let them heal

Let's see if Kizer can play

Lets see if Wist's favorite ILB can play

And lets get a dam top 10 pick !!!!!!!!!!!

Keizer can’t play, but it’d be nice to see what Boyle is made of. That said, I’d rather see A-Rod get reps with Kum, Tonya and the rookie 4th rounder.

Losing by a touchdown with A-Rod counts the same in the standings as losing by 20 with Kizer.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-06-2018, 09:14 AM

Don’t lie, you just want us to beat the Bares next week. Other than that, you don’t give a fuck what the Packers do. :)

Bretsky
12-07-2018, 08:41 AM

THERE is a MUCH greater chance that we hire your OC than we hire our own who helped designed this mess we have.

If Joe is our new HC I'll throw up on myself

pbmax
12-07-2018, 08:54 AM
THERE is a MUCH greater chance that we hire your OC than we hire our own who helped designed this mess we have.

If Joe is our new HC I'll throw up on myself

John D is looking more and more like a one year wonder.

Tony Oday
12-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Packers win out and make the playoffs

mraynrand
12-07-2018, 10:16 AM
John D is looking more and more like a one year wonder.

“What do you think you need to do to get the offense back to rolling a little bit better?” Zimmer was asked by reporters.

“Same thing I have been saying all year,” Zimmer said.

“Do you think you ran the ball enough?”

“No.”

"It's a running league"

mraynrand
12-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Packers win out and make the playoffs

bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Fosco33
12-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Technically we can still make the playoffs. Until we are officially eliminated - you don’t tank. We need a miracle of help (Vikes have to lose 3 of 4).

Why give up when it’s not over?

mraynrand
12-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Technically we can still make the playoffs. Until we are officially eliminated - you don’t tank. We need a miracle of help (Vikes have to lose 3 of 4).

That would have been a great question to ask last year when the giving up on this year started.

pbmax
12-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Sometimes the right hand doesn't have to tell the left hand what its doing.

Bretsky
12-07-2018, 04:00 PM

I can win the lottery tonight too but I'm not wasting the $5

pbmax
12-07-2018, 05:59 PM
I can win the lottery tonight too but I'm not wasting the $5

Can't win if you don't play.

But Packers have less to gain.

denverYooper
12-09-2018, 09:01 AM

They did give him a questionable long snapper this year.

pbmax
12-09-2018, 09:21 AM
They did give him a questionable long snapper this year.

The only reason I haven't asked Joe for a Fire Crosby thread is that the youngsters (snapper and holder) might explain a lot. Though every time I have gone back to look, the placement seems good. It can be tough to be sure on TV though.

mraynrand
12-09-2018, 04:46 PM
The only reason I haven't asked Joe for a Fire Crosby thread is that the youngsters (snapper and holder) might explain a lot. Though every time I have gone back to look, the placement seems good. It can be tough to be sure on TV though.

gosh it really made me feel so much better that Crosby made meaningless FGs this week of the same distance he missed last week.

Fosco33
12-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Assume we win out... and bears beat Vikes in final week.

What are the odds the Vikes lose 1 game - to either Dolphins or Lions...

mraynrand
12-11-2018, 08:01 AM
Assume we win out... and bears beat Vikes in final week.

What are the odds the Vikes lose 1 game - to either Dolphins or Lions...

I'd say about 1 in 4. I'd feel better if the Dolphin game were on the road for them. The greatest concern is that the Bears will have nothing to play for in that final game; If Packers beat Bears, the Rams or Saints would have to lose 2 or 3 of final games for the Bears to be competing for a bye. Don't think they will play all-out for 3rd seed over 4th versus Dallas.

Fosco33
12-11-2018, 11:28 AM
I'd say about 1 in 4. I'd feel better if the Dolphin game were on the road for them. The greatest concern is that the Bears will have nothing to play for in that final game; If Packers beat Bears, the Rams or Saints would have to lose 2 or 3 of final games for the Bears to be competing for a bye. Don't think they will play all-out for 3rd seed over 4th versus Dallas.

Good point.

Bossman641
12-11-2018, 12:28 PM

I dunno. Saints are currently in line for 1 seed. After beating the Rams already I could see Bears trying to get the 3 seed in order to line up to play LA. Have to imagine they're feeling pretty confident in how they match up.

pbmax
12-11-2018, 01:04 PM
Ras, sorry its all falling apart!

Mike Sando, ESPN.com @SandoESPN
I think Tony Sparano was an important person on the @vikings' staff, not just for coaching the offensive line but as a veteran presence with head coaching experience. His passing looms large in Minnesota.

Kevin Seifert @SeifertESPN
Very much so.

You know its bad when beat guys are fondly remembering Mr. Wildcat. However, I do know that whatever shortcomings he had as a HC and offensive innovator, Sparano was viewed as a good O line coach (I believe).

mraynrand
12-11-2018, 01:13 PM
I dunno. Saints are currently in line for 1 seed. After beating the Rams already I could see Bears trying to get the 3 seed in order to line up to play LA. Have to imagine they're feeling pretty confident in how they match up.

keep hope alive!

Rastak
12-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Ras, sorry its all falling apart!

Mike Sando, ESPN.com @SandoESPN
I think Tony Sparano was an important person on the @vikings' staff, not just for coaching the offensive line but as a veteran presence with head coaching experience. His passing looms large in Minnesota.

Kevin Seifert @SeifertESPN
Very much so.

You know its bad when beat guys are fondly remembering Mr. Wildcat. However, I do know that whatever shortcomings he had as a HC and offensive innovator, Sparano was viewed as a good O line coach (I believe).

I knew it was big trouble the minute I got the news that he had passed away suddenly.....three weeks left, still alot can happen for both the Packers and the Vikings....

mraynrand
12-11-2018, 01:50 PM
I knew it was big trouble the minute I got the news that he had passed away suddenly.....three weeks left, still alot can happen for both the Packers and the Vikings....

Vikings could hire Stubby as OC!