denverYooper
12-16-2018, 03:16 PM
Mike Daniels
‏Verified account @Mike_Daniels76
4m4 minutes ago

I just threw up

denverYooper
12-16-2018, 03:24 PM
We don't need to worry about the scenario where the Packers win out under Philbin.

Teamcheez1
12-16-2018, 03:31 PM
We started out 2-4 on 3rd down conversions, and then proceeded to go 3-11 for the rest of the game.

We actually converted less than our season average of 37%.

Rodgers QB rating of 69.0 was his lowest game of the entire season.

SMBASS
12-16-2018, 04:16 PM
Time to completely blow it up and start over. Lots of underperforming or unavailable expensive dead weight on this team right now. (Actually a couple of years past time.)

Joemailman
12-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Time to completely blow it up and start over. Lots of underperforming or unavailable expensive dead weight on this team right now. (Actually a couple of years past time.)

I think Graham, Matthews, Cobb, Perry and Bulaga are all candidates to be gone, although a couple may stay for less money. As of now they will have about 40 million in cap space. It could be about 50 million if they cut 2 out of Graham, Perry and Bulaga. That plus early and multiple high draft picks could make for a very different looking roster next year.

SMBASS
12-16-2018, 04:38 PM
I think Graham, Matthews, Cobb, Perry and Bulaga are all candidates to be gone, although a couple may stay for less money. As of now they will have about 40 million in cap space. It could be about 50 million if they cut 2 out of Graham, Perry and Bulaga. That plus early and multiple high draft picks could make for a very different looking roster next year.

I'd get rid of that entire list and a few more. I don't even want to waste the roster spots on signing them for less money if they're never going to be available or continue to underperform. This team needs a complete injection of new talent and a hell of a lot more productive draft choices than we've had for the past few years. You have to have some good starters who are still on their rookie contracts if you're going anywhere.

red
12-16-2018, 04:59 PM
I think our window is completely shut

We have way too many needs and holes and on top of that our elite QB is now far from elite, maybe he gets it back, but he doesn’t look like he’s willing to change his style of play too much. On top of that, he is eating up a huge chunk of our cap, making it harder to fill the holes

The time to fire fat mike and TT was 3 or 4 years ago. We blew our chance to easily reload and get back to a Super Bowl

I said last season when we barely beat the browns that we were equal to the browns without arod

I was wrong. The browns are better then us WITH Rodgers

mraynrand
12-16-2018, 05:06 PM
Packers started the process of turning over the roster and tanking this season last year when they signed Stubby to a one year and Rodgers to a multi year extension. They banked on several more great years from Rodgers while they restock around him. GMs must get the QB situation right above all else (with some reasonable organizational competency). That’s why today’s awful performance by Rodgers (albeit though he’s multiply injured - but that’s alway the case and will likely be the case going forward) has to have Murphy and Gute worried. Your franchise QB cannot wildly miss wide open receivers or more significantly, be hesitant to throw to more closely covered receivers. Misses to EQ Cobb and Scantling all had major consequences and cost the Packers as much as 14 point is a game made winnable by a marginal defense and a surprisingly decent O line playing without weapons.

I’m hoping this is all or mostly injury related and Rodgers has the old greatness still in him for three or so years but today was not the day for reassurance.

mraynrand
12-16-2018, 05:11 PM
I think our window is completely shut

We have way too many needs and holes and on top of that our elite QB is now far from elite, maybe he gets it back, but he doesn’t look like he’s willing to change his style of play too much. On top of that, he is eating up a huge chunk of our cap, making it harder to fill the holes

The time to fire fat mike and TT was 3 or 4 years ago. We blew our chance to easily reload and get back to a Super Bowl

I said last season when we barely beat the browns that we were equal to the browns without arod

I was wrong. The browns are better then us WITH Rodgers

The Browns have the number one overall pick on offense and defense as well as many other top picks. It was a loaded roster with a GMs’ dream of more high picks and lots of cap space. Browns played a lot of years of horrible awful ball to get these picks. They’re due.

Packers still have at least a very good Quarterback and now they have some picks to restock the roster. They also have some cap space. With decent front office moves they should be in the hunt maybe late next year but at least by 2020. ARRH.

pbmax
12-16-2018, 05:25 PM
The Browns were the 49ers of the teens. They restocked for years but no coach or GM could take advantage.

The new GM hit on a QB and has two good coordinators.

Tony Oday
12-16-2018, 05:33 PM
AR just was flat out bad. I bet his arm is hurt.

pbmax
12-16-2018, 05:33 PM
I am less worried about Rodgers today than earlier in the season. He looked healthier and more accurate short.

But I don't know what to make of his deep game now. Earlier this season he was short.Those two throws looked five yards too deep.

Freak Out
12-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Time to sit Arod and see what they have at QB. Let him start the healing/rehab process. Give Cobb, China Doll, Jimmy and Thor JR the boot.

pbmax
12-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Time to sit Arod and see what they have at QB. Let him start the healing/rehab process. Give Cobb, China Doll, Jimmy and Thor JR the boot.

Bulaga?

mraynrand
12-16-2018, 05:56 PM
Time to sit Arod and see what they have at QB.

I'll give you a hint: they have pretty much nothing.

beveaux1
12-16-2018, 06:04 PM
I was looking at Rodgers’ situational stats to see if there were large splits between home and away or if there was anything that would give a clue to his performance this year. I was surprised at how remarkably middle of the road his performance has been. By middle of the road, I mean average among all NFL QBs. Really poor compared to his yearly norms.

If anyone smarter than I can find something, let us know

http://www.nfl.com/player/aaronrodgers/2506363/situationalstats

mraynrand
12-16-2018, 06:17 PM
I did have a small chuckle when Kumerow caught a pass today and my initial gut reaction was "What the hell is Clay doing out there on offense?"

George Cumby
12-16-2018, 07:02 PM
At the risk of sounding like an overly emotional fan, I am really concerned that the Window is closing.

Gute and Murphy better get it right this off-season. Hire the right Coach and if available, draft Rogers' replacement. I'm not kidding about that.

If they don't get this right, we're gonna' have to get used to seasons like this one.

From '92 on we have enjoyed really good football overall. Be prepared for reversion to mediocrity.

I hope and pray I'm wrong and will be pleasantly surprised if I am. But I think it's coming.

esoxx
12-16-2018, 07:11 PM
Stayed with TT several years too long and got complacent.

And here we are.

beveaux1
12-16-2018, 07:22 PM
At the risk of sounding like an overly emotional fan, I am really concerned that the Window is closing.

Gute and Murphy better get it right this off-season. Hire the right Coach and if available, draft Rogers' replacement. I'm not kidding about that.

If they don't get this right, we're gonna' have to get used to seasons like this one.

From '92 on we have enjoyed really good football overall. Be prepared for reversion to mediocrity.

I hope and pray I'm wrong and will be pleasantly surprised if I am. But I think it's coming.

I have that same feeling. This is a QB driven league and what separates the haves from the have-nots is their QB play. We drafted Rodgers about the same time in Favre’s career. That was a very wise move, although it was widely panned at the time. If I remember correctly, we followed that draft with a 4 win season and then a new coach. The new coach, and the worry that Rodgers was the heir-apparent, motivated Favre to have one of his best seasons two seasons later and we went to the NFC Championship. We need a motivated Rodgers and we need an heir-apparent. We have 2 first round picks, I wouldn’t be against using one to get a QB.

red
12-16-2018, 08:44 PM
the problem with drafting our next QB now, is that rodgers isn't going anywhere for at least 2 more years, maybe 3

his cap penalty doesn't really allow us to move on from him like we did with favre

at least for a few more years, we're going to haveto live and die by rodgers, lets hope we get a better return on our investment then we did this year

beveaux1
12-16-2018, 09:24 PM
the problem with drafting our next QB now, is that rodgers isn't going anywhere for at least 2 more years, maybe 3

his cap penalty doesn't really allow us to move on from him like we did with favre

at least for a few more years, we're going to haveto live and die by rodgers, lets hope we get a better return on our investment then we did this year

I’d love to let our next QB sit on the bench and learn for 3 years. By the way, pretty much the same as Rodgers and Favre.

call_me_ishmael
12-16-2018, 09:26 PM
Tauscher was strongly implying that ARod needed surgery this off-season in the post-game show today on Packers Radio Network. Wonder what is still injured? "Mahhh kneee"

pbmax
12-16-2018, 09:46 PM
While I agree the roster needs a major change, I don't think its bottom tier of the League. There is some young talent on defense.

You still have Rodgers, Bach, Adams and Jones. One of the young WR will pan out and jump next year. I cold find you a serviceable Guard in FA and Lucas Patrick looked better than McCray all day.

But they need a great offseason to turn it around elsewhere.

The odd thing is that everyone wanted Ted all in for the closing window. This team has the look (deleted depth and over paid vets) of a team that went all in and is now having a hangover.

Bretsky
12-16-2018, 09:48 PM
I’d love to let our next QB sit on the bench and learn for 3 years. By the way, pretty much the same as Rodgers and Favre.

In today's NFL often logic runs against sitting the QB long.

Huge competitive advantage if you can make a SB run while the QB is on the rookie deal.

Having Russell Wilson for very very cheap allowed Seattle to have all of that talent and win the big show. Tom Brady giving NE a hometown discount has really helped NE win over the years. This year we have Goff and Mahomes and it looks like the Rams and Chiefs are set up nicely to win a SB over the next few years.

and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh; know who else looks to be setting themselves up nicely ????

DA BEARS. 2nd year QB, new innovative coach, has used free agency and trades as well as a few good drafts to stack the talent....they kinda look like they've built their roster and are a year behind the Rams

In today's QB run world you can sit a QB for a year....but you wanna get him in asap.

Bretsky
12-16-2018, 09:52 PM
While I agree the roster needs a major change, I don't think its bottom tier of the League. There is some young talent on defense.

You still have Rodgers, Bach, Adams and Jones. One of the young WR will pan out and jump next year. I cold find you a serviceable Guard in FA and Lucas Patrick looked better than McCray all day.

But they need a great offseason to turn it around elsewhere.

The odd thing is that everyone wanted Ted all in for the closing window. This team has the look (deleted depth and over paid vets) of a team that went all in and is now having a hangover.

Don't mistake the mess now with Ted going all in; because he never did. His failures to find playmakers on defense meant spending way too many draft picks on that side of the ball has leaving us devoid of enough talent at OL, which was a strength not too long ago.

pbmax
12-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Don't mistake the mess now with Ted going all in; because he never did. His failures to find playmakers on defense meant spending way too many draft picks on that side of the ball has leaving us devoid of enough talent at OL, which was a strength not too long ago.

Its always funny when you think signing FAs and playmakers is a 100% shot and never has any downside or fallout.

pbmax
12-16-2018, 09:54 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
Aaron Rodgers said his groin tightened up on the Hail Mary attempt to end the first half and it bothered him in the second half "a little bit." http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41049224-4 …

Marques Eversoll @MarquesEversoll
Dr. Marques believes it’s severe enough to place Rodgers on injured reserve. #DraftRelatedDiagnosis

I agree with Dr. Marques (who is not an actual Doctor).

mraynrand
12-16-2018, 09:57 PM

The plan this year was not to go anywhere. They knew it going in. This year was all about getting rid of Stubby and repositioning the team for a run with Rodgers in realistically 2020 and 2021. 2019 seems less likley, but you never can tell - they might get lucky and pick up an actual productive FA or two to go with draft picks and returning wounded. All this ARRH.

I'm impressed they remained competetive with Rodgers' subpar play, and the increasing dreck they tossed out on the field week over week.

Freak Out
12-16-2018, 10:00 PM
Bulaga?

Yes.

Bretsky
12-16-2018, 10:12 PM
I really like Bulaga and because our OL has went from Tarzan to Jane I think I'd try to bring him back at a somewhat reduced salary...before cutting him.

pbmax
12-16-2018, 10:27 PM
I am pretty sure Bulaga is done. Even healthy he wasn't certain anymore.

George Cumby
12-16-2018, 10:30 PM

And Rodgers? I don't know how long he's gonna' be effective......

beveaux1
12-16-2018, 10:48 PM

Huge competitive advantage if you can make a SB run while the QB is on the rookie deal.

Having Russell Wilson for very very cheap allowed Seattle to have all of that talent and win the big show. Tom Brady giving NE a hometown discount has really helped NE win over the years. This year we have Goff and Mahomes and it looks like the Rams and Chiefs are set up nicely to win a SB over the next few years.

and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh; know who else looks to be setting themselves up nicely ????

DA BEARS. 2nd year QB, new innovative coach, has used free agency and trades as well as a few good drafts to stack the talent....they kinda look like they've built their roster and are a year behind the Rams

In today's QB run world you can sit a QB for a year....but you wanna get him in asap.

There’s a lot of truth in this scenario, and there is a competitive advantage to having a young QB start, but it was the same 13 years ago when Rodgers was drafted. At that time, Favre was one of the highest paid QBs and Rodgers was on a very expensive rookie deal. We still made it work and Rodgers had the advantage of 3 years of experience leaving us with little drop off when he took over. I’m still in favor of drafting his replacement...and soon.

call_me_ishmael
12-16-2018, 10:52 PM

I agree he's gone at his current price but I doubt you're signing a vet RT anyway, so I'd let him come back and compete for a starting spot with a rookie. If he wins out, you're better off. When he gets hurt, well, that is the rookie starter than as planned. Best case is the rookie beats him out and it's moot.

Joemailman
12-17-2018, 06:04 AM
Rob DemovskyESPN Staff Writer

Looking deeper into Aaron Rodgers' day. He was: 4-of-12 passing 10-plus yards downfield -- his first game without a TD on such throws since Week 4 vs. Buffalo. 1-of-9 passing 20-plus yards downfield. 8-of-12 for 119 yards to Davante Adams. 6-of-14 for 54 yards to all other wide receivers.

All the talk about the great Bears defense, yet if Rodgers had been accurate yesterday, we might be talking about how the packers put up 31 points on that defense. The Bears put pressure on you, but they also leave things out there that can be exploited. It's takes an accurate QB to exploit them. Can this be fixed, or is Rodgers' body starting to fail him?

mraynrand
12-17-2018, 07:15 AM
All the talk about the great Bears defense, yet if Rodgers had been accurate yesterday, we might be talking about how the packers put up 31 points on that defense. The Bears put pressure on you, but they also leave things out there that can be exploited. It's takes an accurate QB to exploit them. Can this be fixed, or is Rodgers' body starting to fail him?

Yep, the game was there for them to win. As were some other games where Rodgers was not especially sharp. You do have to hope it's due to injury and that he can recover. You don't need otherworly Rodgers, but you probably need at least 90-95%. Maybe some of the offseason effort in coaching and personnel could be directed at reducing the level of Rodgers' comepetency required for wins.

It is obvious though to everyone that the most effective way to stop Rodgers and the Packers is to injure him early on in the season. Chicago is 1-2 and Vikings are 1-1 in this strategy.

Fritz
12-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Since all we're left with is thinking of next year, I wonder, since I did not get the game here, if anyone can say anything about the performances of Mt. Adams, Josh Jackson, and Josh Jones yesterday. We need two of those three to really pan out if we're hoping this will be a one-season rebuild. Also, did Oren Burks play at all?

Pugger
12-17-2018, 10:25 AM

Once the Bears have to pay their QB they won't be able to keep all those goodies on defense either.

mraynrand
12-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Once the Bears have to pay their QB they won't be able to keep all those goodies on defense either.

Trubisky aint worth all that much. That's why they brought in Mack. They know they have to win with defense and an 'efficient' offense.

Pugger
12-17-2018, 10:28 AM
Trubisky aint worth all that much. That's why they brought in Mack. They know they have to win with defense and an 'efficient' offense.

I laugh when I think of what they paid for that QB in that draft.

mraynrand
12-17-2018, 10:37 AM
Since all we're left with is thinking of next year, I wonder, since I did not get the game here, if anyone can say anything about the performances of Mt. Adams, Josh Jackson, and Josh Jones yesterday. We need two of those three to really pan out if we're hoping this will be a one-season rebuild. Also, did Oren Burks play at all?

All three had their good moments (The packers had one sack and one QB hit - the sack went to Clay and the hit to Adams), but Jones gave help late on an easy TD over Brown (that might have mostly been Brown's fault), Adams got pushed around pretty good in 16 plays, and Jackson looked silly a couple of times. Jackson is salvageable, especially if he can play safety. Jones is too, but only as a SS I think. Adams is just a rotation guy. Burks got no defensive snaps at all. On the bright side, James Looney looked like an All-pro in his one snap. He already understands how to conserve energy for critical plays.

mraynrand
12-17-2018, 10:39 AM
I got to hand it to Tramon Wiliams - that guy is just a solid pro. Played every snap again on defense.

mraynrand
12-17-2018, 10:48 AM
I laugh when I think of what they paid for that QB in that draft.

Sure, but they're being super smart with how they use him. He threw deep twice yesterday and completed one for 23 yards. Packers threw deep 10 times and completed 2 for 44.

They don't need the deep game to win; Packers do.

pbmax
12-17-2018, 11:16 AM

Adams had a couple of moments. He's kinda a square peg in a round hole right now. He's best when fast off the snap and penetrating. But that doesn't help the Packers LBs especially when they are in the small ILB nickel (Josh Jones). He needs to play bigger at times, but the athleticism is there. He should be able to rush the passer. Pure one gap instincts.

Josh Jackson missed a tackle I still don't understand. He fell off the guys back like he was shot in the back. He and Jones don't do as well going sideways or backwards as others do. I don't think he collected a penalty though. He was the dime CB if I am not mistaken (Jaire, Breeland, Brown ahead of him).

Jones looked more sure footed deep. But as ILB he jumped into the wrong run fill gap twice and helped the Bears score one TD and one big gain. He needs the starters out there on the line. In a very veteran move gave an unsatisfactory public display to Brown when Brown failed to carry his receiver deep in the corner of the end zone and they allowed the Bears go ahead TD. The good news is that I think he was correct.

Very much like SPRIGGS and FACKRELL, you see him get better. But man is it slow. He hasn't been hitting too many people. I think he is thinking too much.

Tank suggested Pettine's defense looks exactly like Capers, but I don't think that is the case at all. They can be had and have no pass rush, but there is no question the backend is more disciplined this year. Giving Whitt total DB control might have been the best decision M3 made in his last year.

The guy who might be the real find this year is Brown. He could be Allen Rossum, though I don't know if he returns kicks. He quick and short and would be a great depth guy to backup Alexander and play box and 1 on Tarik Cohen.

gbgary
12-17-2018, 11:21 AM

he's pretty good now. in two years he could be a lot better. he pretty much did whatever he wanted yesterday.

mraynrand
12-17-2018, 11:34 AM
he pretty much did whatever he wanted yesterday.

I apparently watched a different game

gbgary
12-17-2018, 12:02 PM
I apparently watched a different game

20/28 for 235 and 2 td's and a rating of 120.4. he showed escapability. that's pretty good to me.

Rutnstrut
12-17-2018, 12:42 PM
Its always funny when you think signing FAs and playmakers is a 100% shot and never has any downside or fallout.

You always read people's comments about FA and other team building avenues as all in that way. My take is most are pissed that TT refused to even give other avenues much of a chance. Sure FA isn't 100% but as we have seen, draft and develop is far from 100% also. Ted's absolute refusal to do what it took to put the needed pieces around Rodgers is failure, pure and simple. Now from years of carrying the team, and injuries Rodgers may be broken beyond repair. Once again, thanks Ted. Say there is no Rodgers. What did Ted ever do?

Rutnstrut
12-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Sure, but they're being super smart with how they use him. He threw deep twice yesterday and completed one for 23 yards. Packers threw deep 10 times and completed 2 for 44.

They don't need the deep game to win; Packers do.

Why do the Packers need the deep game to win? They haven't tried winning with the run/short, medium game. They refuse to try it.

pbmax
12-17-2018, 12:47 PM
You always read people's comments about FA and other team building avenues as all in that way. My take is most are pissed that TT refused to even give other avenues much of a chance. Sure FA isn't 100% but as we have seen, draft and develop is far from 100% also. Ted's absolute refusal to do what it took to put the needed pieces around Rodgers is failure, pure and simple. Now from years of carrying the team, and injuries Rodgers may be broken beyond repair. Once again, thanks Ted. Say there is no Rodgers. What did Ted ever do?

He would have drafted more QBs from higher draft slots because the team would have been worse.

Favre plays for Green Bay in 2008 and 9.

pbmax
12-17-2018, 12:52 PM
Why do the Packers need the deep game to win? They haven't tried winning with the run/short, medium game. They refuse to try it.

See Andy Reid's playoff history to know why going deep successfully, at least on occasion is necessary. A good defense can take away your favorite things and make you earn it another way.

That is why the Packers, who could throw short and in the middle (Jennings, Finley, Quarless, Cook) at one time and run occasionally (Grant, Starks, Lacy) could be so dangerous. You get to do that to teams scared to death of the deep sideline passing game.

bobblehead
12-17-2018, 01:28 PM

I call bullshit. Everyone from Charles frickin woodson to Jahari Evans says you are wrong and TT did use FA when he deemed it worthwhile. I will admit, he didn't give Albert Haynesworth a record deal.

Rutnstrut
12-17-2018, 01:47 PM
See Andy Reid's playoff history to know why going deep successfully, at least on occasion is necessary. A good defense can take away your favorite things and make you earn it another way.

That is why the Packers, who could throw short and in the middle (Jennings, Finley, Quarless, Cook) at one time and run occasionally (Grant, Starks, Lacy) could be so dangerous. You get to do that to teams scared to death of the deep sideline passing game.

I for sure agree you have to have a certain number of deep plays in each game. But that shouldn't be your only play, and it pretty much is. It would be different if it was successful more than not.

mraynrand
12-17-2018, 02:37 PM

what PB said. But I was mostly comparing the two teams - by 'deep game has to work' I also mean the Packer have to have an explosive offense that can score more because their defense is marginal. Chicago can routinely win games scoring 17-20 points becasue their defense can dominate.

pbmax
12-17-2018, 03:08 PM
what PB said. But I was mostly comparing the two teams - by 'deep game has to work' I also mean the Packer have to have an explosive offense that can score more because their defense is marginal. Chicago can routinely win games scoring 17-20 points becasue their defense can dominate.

That is the other thing to remember about Rodgers and this offense. As dysfunctional as it seems, they are 7th in DVOA, 9th in passing and 4th in rushing, They stink in the red zone which is killing them and being blow average on 3rd down isn't helping the defense or the scoring.

So a down year for the Packers offense is pretty average for the League. Packers are 15th in scoring at 23.7 points per game. A career bad year for Rodgers at this point means he is probably only the 10th best passer.

Iron Mike
12-17-2018, 03:42 PM

I'll go on record as saying that will happen before Trubisky is off his rookie contract. A lot of those young D players are gonna want to get payed, also, so Chicago will have to spend some $ on those guys, or lose them to free agency. Seattle, anyone? And Chicago lacks the draft picks to reload, so I think their window of opportunity will close FAST.

Pugger
12-17-2018, 04:11 PM
he's pretty good now. in two years he could be a lot better. he pretty much did whatever he wanted yesterday.

Any competent NFL QB will look like that when he isn't pressured much at all.

Joemailman
12-17-2018, 06:32 PM

Mt. Adams played 16 out of 60 snaps. He didn't stand out to me although the stat sheet has him for 3 total tackles and 1 QB hit. Jackson player 67% of defensive snaps. He had 5 total tackles and a fumble recovery. He had 1 bad play where he failed to wrap up after a short completion which turned into a 30 yard gain. Josh Jones looked okay playing close to line. However, he played a very lax zone on a play in end zone which resulted in easy Bears touchdown. Oren Burks had 0 defensive snaps and 20 ST snaps.

mraynrand
12-17-2018, 07:53 PM
Any competent NFL QB will look like that when he isn't pressured much at all.

And even so, he looked like a game-manager type QB out there. Not much to get thrilled about, except in comparison to Rex Grossman. :)

denverYooper
12-17-2018, 08:04 PM
And even so, he looked like a game-manager type QB out there. Not much to get thrilled about, except in comparison to Rex Grossman. :)

They really messed that one up. They could have drafted Mahomes.

pbmax
12-17-2018, 11:05 PM
They really messed that one up. They could have drafted Mahomes.

The best part is trading a fortune to move up one spot to keep someone from stealing the pick.

gbgary
12-18-2018, 12:25 PM

but he out-played Rodgers. for the season he's got a higher comp %, same td's, same yds/comp, half the sacks 44/21. he's in his 2nd year...not his 13th.

mraynrand
12-18-2018, 01:08 PM
but he out-played Rodgers. for the season he's got a higher comp %, same td's, same yds/comp, half the sacks 44/21. he's in his 2nd year...not his 13th.

They weren't exactly playing against equivalent defenses. I stand by my game-manager description of Trubisky. There's a good reason they don't throw downfield all that often. The same reason also told them to strengthen their defense over, say, trading for Amari Cooper.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-18-2018, 01:36 PM
They weren't exactly playing against equivalent defenses. I stand by my game-manager description of Trubisky. There's a good reason they don't throw downfield all that often. The same reason also told them to strengthen their defense over, say, trading for Amari Cooper.

Why you hate Tru so much? You antisemite or something?

I like Tru. Dude's a humble fellow. I think, despite having millions of frogskins to his name, dude's still driving a '97 Camry. Imagine that: a Jew that ain't greed-fucked. :)

mraynrand
12-18-2018, 01:43 PM
Why you hate Tru so much? You antisemite or something?

I like Tru. Dude's a humble fellow. I think, despite having millions of frogskins to his name, dude's still driving a '97 Camry. Imagine that: a Jew that ain't greed-fucked. :)

I don't hate the guy. I actually think he's a decent, run of the mill QB. Better than Grossman, to be sure. But it sure looks like he's limited. With the Bear's defense being what it is, he may not have to be more than a good game manager.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-18-2018, 01:57 PM
I don't hate the guy. I actually think he's a decent, run of the mill QB. Better than Grossman, to be sure. But it sure looks like he's limited. With the Bear's defense being what it is, he may not have to be more than a good game manager.

He seems to have little problems dismantling Capers', err, Pettine's D. Maybe Todd's really at fault, but Tru was able to make plays when the Bears needed a big play against the Pack's wanker D.

Tru will only get better as he gains more experiences. I think he only started a year in college. Perhaps the Bares shoulda drafted Pat "I look like a white QB in full armor" Mahomes, but time will tell, I guess.

mraynrand
12-18-2018, 03:23 PM
He seems to have little problems dismantling Capers', err, Pettine's D.

Who has a better defense, GB or Chicago? Chicago had 6 more total yards and was 3-10 on third down. I rest my case.

Rutnstrut
12-18-2018, 03:29 PM

Rodgers is also a decent, run of the mill QB for the last year or so. Not really even a game manager.

mraynrand
12-18-2018, 04:27 PM
Rodgers is also a decent, run of the mill QB for the last year or so. Not really even a game manager.

pretty much. Like I said, he was 2-10 on deep throws for 40 or so yards and Tru was 1-2 for 23 yards. With the marginal play of Rodgers, Tru didn't have to much more than show up and be a warm body.