PDA

View Full Version : Lizard - Killings

CaptainKickass
12-18-2018, 05:43 PM
The Green Bay Packers signed WR Allen Lazard to the active roster from the Jacksonville Jaguars’ practice squad, signed DL Eric Cotton and CB D.J. Killings to the practice squad

Outside of "DJ Killings" being an amazing football name and a potential headline about a serial killer who hates those who spin 2 turntables and a microphone - my question is this:

Why the hell would we sign a practice squad WR directly to the active roster now?

Anti-Polar Bear
12-18-2018, 06:46 PM
German Shepherd is more Wolf than Polar Bear. Doesn’t hurt to see if an underdog can play.

Tony Oday
12-19-2018, 12:33 AM
I already like him better than Taco

mraynrand
12-19-2018, 08:42 AM
I thought Allen Lizard was the LB from Seattle, Shaquem Griffin, after he was treated by Curt Connors.

mraynrand
12-19-2018, 08:45 AM
Why the hell would we sign a practice squad WR directly to the active roster now?

No kidding. Why have 'em out there just so Rodgers will not throw to him because he doesn't trust him? Oh wait, I keep forgetting that they are trying to lose.

run pMc
12-19-2018, 09:08 AM
Wonder if they have designs on making him Jimmie (or TonyanTruck) 2.0?
"With his size and toughness, a switch to pass-catching tight end might give him a better shot at having a productive NFL career." https://www.nfl.com/prospects/allen-lazard?id=32462018-0002-5598-54b7-82a438b6b248

Not sure why else you'd sign a guy like that to your 53 unless he's a ST demon or the next Marques Colston. Not sure he did much in preseason games, so who knows?

pbmax
12-19-2018, 09:32 AM
German Shepherd is more Wolf than Polar Bear. Doesn’t hurt to see if an underdog can play.

C'mon, you gotta do better than this! I can't get exercised enough about this to lookup stories about Ted shaking up the bottom of the roster.

CaptainKickass
12-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Not sure why else you'd sign a guy like that to your 53 unless he's a ST demon or the next Marques Colston. Not sure he did much in preseason games, so who knows?

It's definitely the signing him from their practice squad directly to the 53 that I find unusual. Particularly since we're down a running back. So now we carry 7 WR's, for reasons?

Bring Black the "BIG 5"?

gbgary
12-19-2018, 01:07 PM
probably just a special teams guy. maybe they take that duty away from kumerow now. as far as 7 wr's goes maybe someone's about to be let go.

mraynrand
12-19-2018, 01:33 PM
probably just a special teams guy. maybe they take that duty away from kumerow now. as far as 7 wr's goes maybe someone's about to be let go.

Cobb's likely to be out with a concussion, but I'm sure Rodgers will be throwing to a guy who's been with the team for 3 days. ;)

Smidgeon
12-19-2018, 03:34 PM
It's definitely the signing him from their practice squad directly to the 53 that I find unusual. Particularly since we're down a running back. So now we carry 7 WR's, for reasons?

Bring Black the "BIG 5"?

This is for the offseason. You can't just sign someone to your practice squad from another's. To poach someone from another practice squad, they have to be put on the active roster. As soon as the season is over, he'll be signed to a future's contract.

run pMc
12-19-2018, 06:12 PM
C'mon, you gotta do better than this! I can't get exercised enough about this to lookup stories about Ted shaking up the bottom of the roster.

LOL I'd say TT was more likely to shake the bottom of the roster in his earlier years. Seemed to do it less later on. Which season were they going into games with 51, 52 player rosters for a few weeks? Maybe it doesn't matter if you can only play 46, but I'd rather take fliers on guys to see if they are worth developing.

pbmax
12-19-2018, 07:12 PM

Bring Black the "BIG 5"?

I think they signed a RB directly to the roster in the last week.

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-sign-rb-tra-carson-to-active-roster-rb-lavon-coleman-to-practice-squad

CaptainKickass
12-19-2018, 08:47 PM
I think they signed a RB directly to the roster in the last week.

Right. But we lost Jones Sunday. I figured we'd pick up a RB.