PDA

View Full Version : Official Lions Lip Week

pbmax
12-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Field Yates @FieldYates
Source: the Raiders and Packers both submitted a waiver claim on new Cardinals S D.J. Swearinger. Arizona had top priority based on its 3-12 record.

Pugger
12-26-2018, 02:43 PM
Well, at least is shows Gute is not sitting on his hands...

Anti-Polar Bear
12-27-2018, 05:13 AM
I used to watch the NFL on Sundays from noon to 11 at night. This season, I’ve not watched a non-Packer game in it’s entirety. In fact, I’ve watched only about 10 minutes of non-Packers futbol. I will not watch the playoffs. I will not watch the Super Bowl.

Boycotting the NFL (other than my beloved Packers) til Kap is allowed back in the league.

In short, after the finale this Sunday, I’m done with the NFL. Fuck the NFL!

ThunderDan
12-27-2018, 08:20 AM
Last game of a disappointing year. I hope we blow the Lions out and they fire Patricia after 1 year.

gbgary
12-27-2018, 08:32 AM
Last game of a disappointing year. I hope we blow the Lions out and they fire Patricia after 1 year.

they might find a better coach then. i'm all for him hanging around a few years.

Pugger
12-27-2018, 08:49 AM
they might find a better coach then. i'm all for him hanging around a few years.

:tup:

Joemailman
12-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Head to the upper midwest if you want to see the Packer game. Justin Kutcher, Robert Smith and Pat McAfee with the call. Who are these guys?

http://506sports.com/2018/17-FOX-E-V2.png

Anti-Polar Bear
12-28-2018, 08:23 AM
Head to the upper midwest if you want to see the Packer game. Justin Kutcher, Robert Smith and Pat McAfee with the call. Who are these guys?

http://506sports.com/2018/17-FOX-E-V2.png

I miss Buck, Aikman and Andrews. Oh well, when you suck, you don’t get Fox’s #1 team.

Btw, which game is in red? Not that I’m gonna watch.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-28-2018, 09:13 AM

Nooooo! Please tell me they don't blow the 2019 draft anymore than they did last week. I mean honestly, doesn't the Packers brain trust realize there are ways to lose a game without seeming to want to lose?

gbgary
12-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Nooooo! Please tell me they don't blow the 2019 draft anymore than they did last week. I mean honestly, doesn't the Packers brain trust realize there are ways to lose a game without seeming to want to lose?

unfortunately not. it's malpractice.

gbgary
12-28-2018, 10:01 AM
I miss Buck, Aikman and Andrews. Oh well, when you suck, you don’t get Fox’s #1 team.

Btw, which game is in red? Not that I’m gonna watch.

dal/nyg

Anti-Polar Bear
12-28-2018, 11:57 AM
dal/nyg

Ah, forgot that all the “meaningful” finales are late starts. Regardless, I ain’t gonna watch none of that shits. As soon as the Pack game ends, imma turn on the PS4 and binge watch Banshee.

Carolina_Packer
12-28-2018, 03:09 PM
Field Yates @FieldYates
Source: the Raiders and Packers both submitted a waiver claim on new Cardinals S D.J. Swearinger. Arizona had top priority based on its 3-12 record.

They beat us twice in the same year. :-)

bobblehead
12-28-2018, 03:24 PM
I used to watch the NFL on Sundays from noon to 11 at night. This season, I’ve not watched a non-Packer game in it’s entirety. In fact, I’ve watched only about 10 minutes of non-Packers futbol. I will not watch the playoffs. I will not watch the Super Bowl.

Boycotting the NFL (other than my beloved Packers) til Kap is allowed back in the league.

In short, after the finale this Sunday, I’m done with the NFL. Fuck the NFL!

This shows how badly the NFL botched the entire situation. I won't watch any game that any player kneels during the anthem. Its a ridiculous issue. NFL should have a no kneeling policy and someone should sign kap as a backup. Most employers don't allow political speech on the job. One side or the other gets pissed. NFL botched it so bad they pissed off both sides.

pbmax
12-28-2018, 09:26 PM
This shows how badly the NFL botched the entire situation. I won't watch any game that any player kneels during the anthem. Its a ridiculous issue. NFL should have a no kneeling policy and someone should sign kap as a backup. Most employers don't allow political speech on the job. One side or the other gets pissed. NFL botched it so bad they pissed off both sides.

Most jobs don't hire the National Guard to do a flag ceremony every day at work and have a flyover on Friday morning either.

Most companies have a flag outside the building. When it the last time your company lined up everyone outside for the Pledge or the National Anthem?

The owners wanted to cash in on patriotic fever when the country seemed under attack (and later at war) but they didn't actually want politics intruding on the League. It was all a PR stunt with the players dragged out after 2009.

Taking cues from sports leagues leads to bad outcomes.

mraynrand
12-28-2018, 09:52 PM
Interesting posts Bobble and PB. In rearview mirror, it seems the best approach would have been to just allow the kneeling. Let the players make the statement they want and live with the consequences in the public arena. BTW, I think the change this year is pretty much that the networks, seeing the ratings, realized they just had to ignore the whole thing. I've said before I don't think the ratings drop were really due all that much to the protests, but the NFL and networks sure did.

QBME
12-28-2018, 11:11 PM
Most jobs don't hire the National Guard to do a flag ceremony every day at work and have a flyover on Friday morning either.

Most companies have a flag outside the building. When it the last time your company lined up everyone outside for the Pledge or the National Anthem?

The owners wanted to cash in on patriotic fever when the country seemed under attack (and later at war) but they didn't actually want politics intruding on the League. It was all a PR stunt with the players dragged out after 2009.

Taking cues from sports leagues leads to bad outcomes.

Very well stated.

I don't recall the origin, but something like "I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".

Or something like that.

bobblehead
12-29-2018, 01:57 AM
Very well stated.

I don't recall the origin, but something like "I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".

Or something like that.

Don't misunderstand me, they can say wtf they want, but not on my dime. The owners can allow wtf they want, but I will make sure that not a dollar of mine flows into their coffers while supporting that. A lot of people have done the same and its hurting them like it or not.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-29-2018, 04:14 AM

If I were living the dull life doing other people’s taxes as a CPA (ala thunderdan) for a gainful salary instead of flipping burgers for the minimum-wage (as society is forcing me to do), i’d get myself a mail-order bride, plant my seed and buy a nice house in the suburbs. And in that house, I’d forbid any bigoted protests.

All but the Rams’ new stadium are publicly funded. NFL stadiums are prefect for the protestations of social maladies. The protesters protested peacefully and their protestations only lasted for the duration of the goddamned anthem. Nothing wrong or evil.

The pig owners would rather exile someone fighting the good fight than rapists and murderers. Shaking my head.

pbmax
12-29-2018, 10:37 AM
Interesting posts Bobble and PB. In rearview mirror, it seems the best approach would have been to just allow the kneeling. Let the players make the statement they want and live with the consequences in the public arena. BTW, I think the change this year is pretty much that the networks, seeing the ratings, realized they just had to ignore the whole thing. I've said before I don't think the ratings drop were really due all that much to the protests, but the NFL and networks sure did.

The affect on ratings was publicly overstated at a minimum, but both parties wanted the topic out of the news.

Fritz
12-29-2018, 11:31 AM
Don't misunderstand me, they can say wtf they want, but not on my dime. The owners can allow wtf they want, but I will make sure that not a dollar of mine flows into their coffers while supporting that. A lot of people have done the same and its hurting them like it or not.

How 'bout dem Lions???

Big game this week!

Anti-Polar Bear
12-29-2018, 12:48 PM
How 'bout dem Lions???

Big game this week!

The Lions of Detroit, by George R.R. Martin

And who are you, the proud lord said,
That I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
That's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
A lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
As long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
That lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
With no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
And not a soul to hear.

mraynrand
12-29-2018, 12:59 PM
How 'bout dem Lions???

Big game this week!

I wanted to photoshop Rodgers in for Zod and Stafford in for whosiwhats.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baltimoreorless.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F01%2FZod_Gonz1.jpg&f=1

Rutnstrut
12-29-2018, 07:40 PM
Holy shit does this forum get boring when the Pack is out of it.

mraynrand
12-29-2018, 10:32 PM

You’re no help

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-30-2018, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I just hope the Packers can recover quickly, although the odds are against it. But if not, we did have a hell of a run. I just wish we would have got more superbowls out of 2 HOF quarterbacks in a row.

Pugger
12-30-2018, 09:43 AM

I have a strong feeling it won't be a boring offseason, however.