PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Lions Gameday Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

denverYooper
12-30-2018, 02:47 PM
don't get up on the chair with rope guys. This team is gonna be a whole lot better next year.

No doubt.

Rodgers had bad year by his standards but he is still very likely to have a rebound in a new scheme.

This whole year has felt mostly like we've been watching a divorce -- Rodgers and McCarthy. They both love each other but they got to a point where it was impossible to move forward with a productive relationship, especially once the losing set in. Moving on is what needed to happen.

Guiness
12-30-2018, 02:48 PM
The pick? He needed to just take the sack.

or that, ya

George Cumby
12-30-2018, 02:49 PM
don't get up on the chair with rope guys. This team is gonna be a whole lot better next year.

Maybe. They still need to hire the right guy.

My money says a regression to the mean is coming.

Guiness
12-30-2018, 02:49 PM
in better news, we booked 11 days in Cuba last night, so there's that. Anyone want cigars?

denverYooper
12-30-2018, 02:51 PM

We still need to get to the "throwing a pick in OT in a freezing NFCC game at Lambeau" stage of the relationship before we break out the rope.

Rastak
12-30-2018, 02:51 PM
in better news, we booked 11 days in Cuba last night, so there's that. Anyone want cigars?

THAT sounds cool.

Bretsky
12-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Bad sign. Could be Rodgers but I think Gute and Murphy are gutless.

This is all on Marica Marcia Marcia; he gave himself all the power and then didn't have the stones

Anti-Polar Bear
12-30-2018, 02:56 PM

That island still preaches Marxism, right? If so, take me with you, please.

Rastak
12-30-2018, 03:11 PM
That island still preaches Marxism, right? If so, take me with you, please.

Guiness, take him up on it and leave him there .

mraynrand
12-30-2018, 03:13 PM
Guiness, take him up on it and leave him there .

lolz

QBME
12-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Well, to quote the most famous pundit, Porky Pig;

"That's All Folks!!"

MadScientist
12-30-2018, 03:24 PM

Fuck those commie dog turds. Now if you can pack up some of that sunshine and warm weather and bring that back up north, count me in.

mraynrand
12-30-2018, 03:30 PM
I still think Tex is right - if only the Packers had kept All-Pro WR Jeff Janis, this whole season would have turned out differently.

Teamcheez1
12-30-2018, 03:31 PM
I still think Tex is right - if only the Packers had kept All-Pro WR Jeff Janis, this whole season would have turned out differently.

Tex is a Janis butt kisser?

run pMc
12-30-2018, 04:11 PM
I watched about 10 minutes of it -- what a disaster. It was like the JV team going up against the Varsity squad.

Does Kizer know how to throw with touch? Not that I'm any better, but he is not a very accurate thrower. Then again, I don't claim to be a professional QB.
There are some very wrong things with that offense. There were receivers either running iffy routes or open receivers who were being ignored by the QB's. Given both Kizer and Rodgers were doing this, I have to think it's at least partially the scheme.
I also wonder if maybe the QB coach (Cignetti?) is doing it wrong?

The season mercifully ends. Gute and Murphy have their work cut out for them. Right now, I trust Gute more than Murphy.

Bossman641
12-30-2018, 04:32 PM
What a shitty year. Forget playoff losses, this has to be the most disappointing year since 2005 right?

mraynrand
12-30-2018, 04:56 PM
What a shitty year. Forget playoff losses, this has to be the most disappointing year since 2005 right?

My expectation was a pretty poor year, but with improvement near the end for the rookies. I predicted 8-8/9-7 and Stubby getting fired. I didn't expect the Packers to shut everyone down and tank it down the stretch. I'm worried that Rodgers may be in full prima donna mode. Other than that, sure, it's always disappointing when the team has a down year. However, unlike 2005, I like their existing talent and draft positioning better. Hopefully they don't draft AJ Hawk or Jamaal Reynolds.

mraynrand
12-30-2018, 04:57 PM
Oh, and do not bring in any more QBs who cannot throw accurate passes.

Fritz
12-30-2018, 05:13 PM

What a sucky, shitty team this is.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

And Randall was such a bad egg they HAD to trade him for a third-string quarterback?

McCarthy's revenge.

esoxx
12-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Did Rodgers have a post-game presser or was he too injured?

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:42 PM
Who are these people? I don't pay any attention to sports media but I haven't seen anyone lobby for him or endorse him to be the next HC.

Rodgers and D. Adams did.

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:42 PM
MM is calling the plays into Philbin from home.

:lol:

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:45 PM
Word before the game was that Philbin is getting let go. It looks like the team knows it.

Okay, now that makes sense. The team looked completely disinterested today.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2018, 05:47 PM
Tex is a Janis butt kisser?

I gave up on Janis a long time ago, and it's stupid to think he woulda made any difference this season. We're loaded at wide receiver, and Janis can't play O Line or defense - although I wouldn't rule out the latter hahahaha. Seriously, Janis was a victim of misuse and lack of use when he played for the Packers, but that's water over the dam now.

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:47 PM
Kizer playing like he actually cares.

He probably realizes he is playing for a job in 2019 no matter who the new HC is.

red
12-30-2018, 05:49 PM
i'd like to know why the team was obviously in "give up" mode today, but played their asses off in the second half last week

the team can't even decide if they are going to tank or try to win. murphy needs to go

and why the fuck was a-rod even playing today, he could barely walk in the first place. the team had no problem sitting adams who just needed 2 charity catches to break the team record for season receptions, and he wanted to break it. but he was banged up so we sat him. but we just couldn't sit a-rod could we?

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:50 PM
Boars are males, dumbass

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

red
12-30-2018, 05:50 PM
He probably realizes he is playing for a job in 2019 no matter who the new HC is.

i think he was still trying to audition for a starting gig somewhere, guy is still very young with starting experience. could have been decent trade bait if we could have played him more

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:51 PM
This is the event that the word dispirited was invented for.

I am really going to hold the quiet tank against Gute and Murphy. Just parhetic and cowardly not to announce it and do it right. Lose home game to Divisional dregs.

Does anyone know how Rodgers was concussed?

I suspect it was when he got hit in the head and his helmet came off.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2018, 05:52 PM
What an absolutely shitty game! I watched it on my old TV, but I switched the big screen to the Cowboys at half time.

Good riddance to this season. Good riddance to McCarthy. Hopefully good riddance to most of his coaching staff even if Philbin happens to get the permanent job - and Philbin took a fairly large step backward in my book today.

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:53 PM
Zook should have been fired years ago. It took this shitty year and shitty special teams to finally get rid of him.

Maybe MM’s loyalty to coaches was a large part of his failure. He should have been willing to shake up the staff to bring in new ideas.

This is most likely one of the main reasons why he was canned.

beveaux1
12-30-2018, 05:54 PM
i think he was still trying to audition for a starting gig somewhere, guy is still very young with starting experience. could have been decent trade bait if we could have played him more

After watching him, I don't think so.

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Bakh on the sideline with the hangnail.

He's had a bad hip for weeks now. I'm glad they took him out of there.

red
12-30-2018, 05:57 PM
He's had a bad hip for weeks now. I'm glad they took him out of there.

its another guy that should have been shut down as soon as we were eliminated. guy could barely stand up a few weeks ago

Pugger
12-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Last time Packers were shut out?

Didn't we get shut out last year with Hundley starting?

Pugger
12-30-2018, 06:00 PM
Man, I feel bad for you guys - they look Turrible as Charles Barkley would say.

This is sad but I don't recognize half of the guys out there...

Pugger
12-30-2018, 06:01 PM
Well, in my defense I'm only half watching.

Well, the Packers were half playing...

Pugger
12-30-2018, 06:03 PM

Well, it can't get much worse...

Pugger
12-30-2018, 06:05 PM

I thought it was Tank who loved Janis.

Pugger
12-30-2018, 06:08 PM
What an absolutely shitty game! I watched it on my old TV, but I switched the big screen to the Cowboys at half time.

Good riddance to this season. Good riddance to McCarthy. Hopefully good riddance to most of his coaching staff even if Philbin happens to get the permanent job - and Philbin took a fairly large step backward in my book today.

Philbin should be fired any moment now.

pbmax
12-30-2018, 08:42 PM
Get ready for more seasons like this one, kids.

No. I am more pessimistic than I was at the beginning of this season, but its not going to be a run of 6-10 seasons UNLESS they really low up the roster, bottom out and use all but the top 10 roster spots for youth tryouts. There is talent here. But there is not depth or imagination plus some high holes at Guard, 3rd Tackle, pass rush and safety.

pbmax
12-30-2018, 08:43 PM
its another guy that should have been shut down as soon as we were eliminated. guy could barely stand up a few weeks ago

I think this, in hindsight, was a failure not to just declare the rest of the season was tryouts for the yutes.