PDA

View Full Version : Packers who played their last game in Green and Gold

ThunderDan
12-30-2018, 02:08 PM
I am guessing Graham, Cobb for sure.

ThunderDan
12-30-2018, 02:11 PM
Mathews is a most likely. Not sure his ego will be able to deal with the drop in contract offered and he will move on.

ThunderDan
12-30-2018, 02:12 PM
Scott will be back for training camp. Not sure he has a roster spot guaranteed. Packers will bring in anther punter to camp.

ThunderDan
12-30-2018, 02:13 PM
Perry needs to restructure or is gone.

esoxx
12-30-2018, 02:24 PM
Allen Lazard

Teamcheez1
12-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Kumerow, Bulaga, Brice.

mraynrand
12-30-2018, 03:22 PM
Kizer

SavedByGrace
12-30-2018, 03:24 PM
Pre-game shot from Green Bay photographer...seems a little incriminating

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvsZlU2WkAAWlgd.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
12-30-2018, 03:36 PM
I don't expect Jamaal Murray to be in a Packer uniform next year.

Kizer doesn't look accurate enough to play in the NFL.

mraynrand
12-30-2018, 03:46 PM

accurate take

run pMc
12-30-2018, 04:33 PM
I'd put it at roughly 30% if the roster. New coach + Gute's 2nd draft + expiring contracts = turnover.

2 of Graham/Kendricks/Lewis are gone.
2-4 OL are gone (including backups). Take your pick from Bulaga, McCray, Bell, Spriggs, Patrick, Pankey, or Alex Light.
Cobb might be gone, Kumerow as well (he's like 27 and is hurt a lot, how high is his ceiling really?). J'Mon might be in trouble too. Lazard is probably a camp body but maybe he makes it. Adams, Allison, MVS, ESB, are at least better than 50/50 to stay.
Kizer and Boyler are 50/50 to be back. Depends on the new coach. A lot does, actually, because they might want to run different schemes (e.g., switch to a 4-3 D, use more/less WCO staples, etc.)

I think Pettine was shooting straight when he talked about playing his best players, that some guys got starts (taking injuries into account) is telling about the roster.
A couple of S have already been moved (Whitehead, HHCD) and I expect more changes there. Ibrahim whats-his-name or Eddie Pleasant should not be in your starting duo, and Josh Jones has to find a position and play it well. Not convinced Tramon should a safety, and is (depth permitting) ideally your #4-5 CB.
Davon House is gone, maybe 1 or 2 others at CB as well if you count guys like Breeland, Will Redmond, etc. Tony Brown is probably a keeper. The average # of S and CB roster spots almost guarantees few new faces.
Montravious is on the bubble, Wilkerson won't be back. Fadol Brown probably won't be back.
Clay *might* be back if he signs a modest contract, but the dude is 33 so you can't expect a lot from him. Perry is probably gone, Gilbert, Ryan, and some of the backups will be gone. They'll keep Fackrell, Martinez, and Burks...the rest are question marks.

Fritz
12-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Everyone but Davante Adams, David Bahkteria, and #12.

esoxx
12-30-2018, 05:31 PM
Kapri Bibbs

red
12-30-2018, 05:42 PM
I am guessing Graham, Cobb for sure.

clay, maybe perry

red
12-30-2018, 05:43 PM
I don't expect Jamaal Murray to be in a Packer uniform next year.

he's got the arm strength, but the accuracy kinda sucks

red
12-30-2018, 06:08 PM
cobb had 38 catches on the year for 383 yards and 2 tds. thats shitty even by his low standards. he counted 12.7 million against the cap this year

nick perry had 24 combined tackles and 1.5 sacks on the year. he counted 10.7 against the cap

clay mathews had 43 combined tackes and a whopping 3.5 sack on the year. he counted 11.3 million against the cap

brian bulaga, once again just like every other season but 1, got hurt every game and missed a ton of time. he counted 8 million

theres 4 guys who contributed next to nothing, counting over 40 million against the cap this year, that i said should have been gone before the season even started

these 4 have to go, we've been wasting millions on them for years. and don't feel sorry for them. they've been getting paid super star money to play like undrafted rookies

Pugger
12-30-2018, 06:10 PM

Or did they know Philbin is on the way out?

Harlan Huckleby
12-30-2018, 07:10 PM
Or did they know Philbin is on the way out?

I think they just heard who was assigned the TV broadcast.

How the once proud franchise has fallen.

woodbuck27
12-30-2018, 07:55 PM
Kumerow, Bulaga, Brice.

Maybe move Bulaga inside as the RG.

The Draft has to target a solid prospect for the RHS of the OL.

woodbuck27
12-30-2018, 07:57 PM
cobb had 38 catches on the year for 383 yards and 2 tds. thats shitty even by his low standards. he counted 12.7 million against the cap this year

nick perry had 24 combined tackles and 1.5 sacks on the year. he counted 10.7 against the cap

clay mathews had 43 combined tackes and a whopping 3.5 sack on the year. he counted 11.3 million against the cap

brian bulaga, once again just like every other season but 1, got hurt every game and missed a ton of time. he counted 8 million

theres 4 guys who contributed next to nothing, counting over 40 million against the cap this year, that i said should have been gone before the season even started

these 4 have to go, we've been wasting millions on them for years. and don't feel sorry for them. they've been getting paid super star money to play like undrafted rookies

I agree red. It's certainly time to reload.

pbmax
12-30-2018, 08:46 PM
Perry and Graham will be gone. Too bad, Perry was one of my cheerleading projects for mediocre high draft picks. He was head of the class until SPRIGGS won the RT next year in preseason.

call_me_ishmael
12-30-2018, 09:06 PM
That’s a great pic of Cobb and Rodgers captured. I’m sure it’s emotional - money aside, Randall grew up here the past 8 years. The obvious ones to be gone are Perry, Graham, Cobb, and Matthews. Bulaga will probably be back imo.

End of the season is always sad. I will miss this team.

mraynrand
12-30-2018, 09:16 PM
I will miss this team.

Don't be sad, most were on IR and will be back

Badgerinmaine
12-30-2018, 09:21 PM
There were a lot of guys who were added as free agents late in the year who may well not be back--Nico Siragusa, Allen Lazard, Danny Vitale, etc. I'd agree with Ishmael's list, except that if the price is right, I could see Cobb coming back. That is a very, very inexperienced WR corps without him. Speaking of which..if J'Mon Moore doesn't progress a good deal in training camp, I think he may be gone. I wouldn't bet on Lance Kendrick being back, either. DeShone Kizer...I see him as 50-50 to make the team next year.

Bretsky
12-30-2018, 09:39 PM
Perry and Graham will be gone. Too bad, Perry was one of my cheerleading projects for mediocre high draft picks. He was head of the class until SPRIGGS won the RT next year in preseason.

You were Perry's greatest cheerleader and I was too hard on him. He was decent when healthy. I could see him going somewhere else and being good. But I'm done with him

Carolina_Packer
12-30-2018, 11:04 PM
Wood said to move Bulaga to guard. I don't know. He's often-injured, and the Packers can't bury their head in the sand depending on guys with injury history anymore. They need solid starters on the O-line. For Rodgers to be successful going forward, they need to fix the O-line, save for LT and C. They also need to try and stay balanced with the run/pass game, and they need someone to complement Adams.

Smidgeon
12-30-2018, 11:22 PM

That's some Norman Rockwell stuff going on there.

call_me_ishmael
12-30-2018, 11:44 PM
Wood said to move Bulaga to guard. I don't know. He's often-injured, and the Packers can't bury their head in the sand depending on guys with injury history anymore. They need solid starters on the O-line. For Rodgers to be successful going forward, they need to fix the O-line, save for LT and C. They also need to try and stay balanced with the run/pass game, and they need someone to complement Adams.

To some extent, I think the guards were so woefully inept it made everyone else look awful.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-31-2018, 02:47 AM
Cobb would catch 100 rocks playing in an offense like NE’s. Bring in JMac and bring back Cobb.

pbmax
12-31-2018, 08:16 AM
You were Perry's greatest cheerleader and I was too hard on him. He was decent when healthy. I could see him going somewhere else and being good. But I'm done with him

I look forward to him being hired as a DE somewhere so we can still argue about him.

mraynrand
12-31-2018, 08:18 AM
That's some Norman Rockwell stuff going on there.

Not really. Where's the cadre of goofy kids looking on and the dog with floppy ears?

Joemailman
12-31-2018, 08:48 AM
To some extent, I think the guards were so woefully inept it made everyone else look awful.

They really need to get better at Guard. Everybody talks about Khalil Mack, but I think the key to the Bears defense is the pressure they create inside from Hicks and Goldman. The Packers will have trouble with the Bears as long as there is a mismatch inside.

denverYooper
12-31-2018, 09:04 AM
They really need to get better at Guard. Everybody talks about Khalil Mack, but I think the key to the Bears defense is the pressure they create inside from Hicks and Goldman. The Packers will have trouble with the Bears as long as there is a mismatch inside.

This. Pressure up the middle was killing the offense often this year. It wasn't just the Bears, either. Bell was a mess on skates and they got a little better when he hit the bench but it still was not pretty.

Vincenzo
12-31-2018, 09:08 AM

Holy carp is that ever telling! Cobb is gone for sure after looking at that.

mraynrand
12-31-2018, 09:33 AM
Holy carp is that ever telling! Cobb is gone for sure after looking at that.

Not necessarily. If the Packers bring in Hoodie Jr. wouldn't Cobb be re-signed to catch his 100 passes in the new offense?

mraynrand
12-31-2018, 09:34 AM

Look at what Nelson has done for Indy. A dominating guard could cure a lot of ills.

SavedByGrace
12-31-2018, 03:16 PM
Not necessarily. If the Packers bring in Hoodie Jr. wouldn't Cobb be re-signed to catch his 100 passes in the new offense?

This. Also, he resigns for A LOT less than his "present" contract. If McDaniels becomes coach, which is sounding very possible, Cobb could become a dangerous weapon again.

Bretsky
12-31-2018, 03:34 PM
Look at what Nelson has done for Indy. A dominating guard could cure a lot of ills.

To be fair not many guards come out of college being as good as Nelson. He was downright incredible in college as well as year one in the pros

But you are right; if we fix our OL we'd cure much

gbgary
12-31-2018, 03:57 PM
Cobb would catch 100 rocks playing in an offense like NE’s. Bring in JMac and bring back Cobb.

no problem with that as far as i'm concerned.

red
01-05-2019, 03:37 PM
cobb should have been the one let go after last season

jordy had the better year this year with a much worse situation at QB

and jordy was the cheaper option cap wise

just a dumb decision last offseason

beveaux1
01-05-2019, 03:45 PM
cobb should have been the one let go after last season

jordy had the better year this year with a much worse situation at QB

and jordy was the cheaper option cap wise

just a dumb decision last offseason

As it turns out, this is true. We chose the 28 yr old WR over the 32 yr old one who appeared to have lost a step or two. With Nelson, the offense likely would have looked better, but that's why they pay Gute the big bucks and why hindsight is always 20/20.

woodbuck27
01-05-2019, 03:59 PM
This photo exemplifies the ugly season the team endured.

woodbuck27
01-05-2019, 04:01 PM
As it turns out, this is true. We chose the 28 yr old WR over the 32 yr old one who appeared to have lost a step or two. With Nelson, the offense likely would have looked better, but that's why they pay Gute the big bucks and why hindsight is always 20/20.
Not keeping Jordy was very bad. The chemistry between Rodgers and him was special.

Joemailman
01-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Just wondering if having a coach with an offense that schemes to get players open might make Cobb more valuable. Getting open in iso routes wasn't Cobb's forte, to put it mildly. But he's always been very good with the ball in his hands.

run pMc
01-11-2019, 09:30 AM
If the price is the comparable (or less), I'd take a long look at Adam Humphries from TB. Can play the same role, and much younger/less injury history.

That said, I think they could easily slide Cobb into a new offense and he could produce for a year. Plus Cobb can return punts, and be a solid vet presence in a young WR room. Basically Cobb or his replacement is your #4. You have Adams, and probably at least two of Allison, ESB, MVS ahead of him next year. Maybe Kumerow or J'Mon shows something, who knows. I think Trevor Davis is done with the team unless the new offense unlocks some hidden ability M3 couldn't (skeptical of this).

texaspackerbacker
01-11-2019, 12:05 PM
We have all of six solid WRs without Cobb, all of whom should do better in a more creative passing offense - Adams, MVS, St. Brown, Allison, Moore, and Kumerow. Cobb's salary probably is more than all of those others except Adams combined, and I doubt he'd play as good as any of them.

Regarding another player who may not be back, Jimmy Graham, he is still under contract, and even though he was a disappointment, he ain't a horrible player. Maybe the guy has some trade value. It would be great to get a 3rd, 4th, or even 5th round pick for him.