View Full Version : The Official other Teams and General NFL News (includes) Management and Coaching moves.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

MadtownPacker
12-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Come get smoked out foo!

pbmax
12-08-2019, 04:31 PM
@RapSheet
Ian Rapoport

#Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr is playing through a painful sports hernia that will need surgery after the season, sources say. Every day has been a battle. My story:

Was John Dorsey around for the Greg Jennings version of this? Anyone remember the details?

Joemailman
12-08-2019, 04:36 PM
@RapSheet
Ian Rapoport

#Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr is playing through a painful sports hernia that will need surgery after the season, sources say. Every day has been a battle. My story:

Was John Dorsey around for the Greg Jennings version of this? Anyone remember the details?

Dorsey and Jennings both left after 2012 season.

pbmax
12-08-2019, 04:39 PM
Dorsey and Jennings both left after 2012 season.

He was hurt in that season, wasn't he?

Joemailman
12-08-2019, 04:42 PM
He was hurt in that season, wasn't he?

Yes. I think he eventually went out and got a 2nd medical opinion. He missed all 8 games in October and November.

Zool
12-09-2019, 02:11 AM
Is there a non-painful sports hernia?

pbmax
12-09-2019, 07:16 AM
I don't even know what a sports hernia is compared to other hernias.

So no idea.

Fritz
12-09-2019, 08:39 AM
As many of you know, I despise the Detroit Lions. This goes a long, long way back. Nonetheless, I actually feel a little sorry for them now. It's gone past "Oh they suck" to everyone around here being listless and apathetic. Patricia seems to be a dead man walking. No word from ownership if he or Quinn or both will be back. I feel a little bit for Stafford. He's not a bad quarterback, but as the QB he gets the blame. They've absolutely tanked without him, though with him they still had a losing record.

Listening to Detroit sports radio this morning, one of the mouths said the Lions needed to hire a former head coach with a Super Bowl appearance on his record. Given that MM seemed to want more say-so in personnel in GB, could the Lions' owner, Martha Firestone Ford, ditch the Quinnicia experiment and hand the whole enchilada over to ol' Mike McCarthy? Interesting idea.

Gotarace
12-09-2019, 11:21 AM
As many of you know, I despise the Detroit Lions. This goes a long, long way back. Nonetheless, I actually feel a little sorry for them now. It's gone past "Oh they suck" to everyone around here being listless and apathetic. Patricia seems to be a dead man walking. No word from ownership if he or Quinn or both will be back. I feel a little bit for Stafford. He's not a bad quarterback, but as the QB he gets the blame. They've absolutely tanked without him, though with him they still had a losing record.

Listening to Detroit sports radio this morning, one of the mouths said the Lions needed to hire a former head coach with a Super Bowl appearance on his record. Given that MM seemed to want more say-so in personnel in GB, could the Lions' owner, Martha Firestone Ford, ditch the Quinnicia experiment and hand the whole enchilada over to ol' Mike McCarthy? Interesting idea.It does amaze me that Mike McCarthy's name rarely is mentioned or even Whispered when coaching moves are Rumored....Has Mike really stuck to his one year hiatus or is he really as Bad as most of us made him out to be? You would think he has to have some value on the market yet every team moves in another direction.

Cheesehead Craig
12-09-2019, 12:43 PM
It does amaze me that Mike McCarthy's name rarely is mentioned or even Whispered when coaching moves are Rumored....Has Mike really stuck to his one year hiatus or is he really as Bad as most of us made him out to be? You would think he has to have some value on the market yet every team moves in another direction.

I think teams in the market for a HC were enamored with the "fresh face with new ideas" candidates vs retreads. He can't stay gone too long though if he wants to be a HC again.

MadtownPacker
12-09-2019, 01:17 PM
Lions would be a cool place for M3. He had to go but the man did bring SB win and a lot of fun seasons. Hope they do give him a call.

The NFL would damn sure love the drama for two games each season.

MadScientist
12-09-2019, 02:31 PM
I don't even know what a sports hernia is compared to other hernias.

So no idea.

If it involves the word hernia, it's going to be fucking painful. Regular ones are a tear in the intestinal wall that allows some intestines to squirt out. Small ones can be deadly because they can block the intestines.

Sports hernias involve a tear (or possibly just stretching) to the opening that brings the spermatic cords down to the testicals. If the intestines actually protrude from this, then in is a direct or oblique inguinal hernia.

Playing through this has to be a total bitch for him.

pbmax
12-09-2019, 02:43 PM
If it involves the word hernia, it's going to be fucking painful. Regular ones are a tear in the intestinal wall that allows some intestines to squirt out. Small ones can be deadly because they can block the intestines.

Sports hernias involve a tear (or possibly just stretching) to the opening that brings the spermatic cords down to the testicals. If the intestines actually protrude from this, then in is a direct or oblique inguinal hernia.

Playing through this has to be a total bitch for him.

Had this (bolded) for years. Played a lot of golf with it, occasionally needed to do a manual adjustment :lol:

Was rarely painful though.

Eventually got almost comical and had it fixed. They were going to do it arthroscopic, but the tear was too big to put the patch in. Had to do it the old fashioned way, cut their way in and sew the connective tissue together over the gap. Was a little tough to stand up straight for a couple of days. :lol:

Probably better that was as a lot of patches (mesh) were eventually recalled.

pbmax
12-09-2019, 03:29 PM
McCarthy article on his plans for 2020: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001084451/article/expackers-coach-mike-mccarthy-eyes-nfl-return-in-2020?campaign=Twitter_atn

But at age 56, he's not looking for a cushy gig or one last payday. The theme of his year away has been self-improvement, in every area, and thus was born The McCarthy Project -- a collaboration with fellow coaches Jim Haslett, Frank Cignetti Jr. and Scott McCurley that McCarthy says has made him "definitely a better coach" than ever before. Together, they've spent months preparing as if they're the NFL's 33rd coaching staff, from studying league trends and rebuilding playbooks to deep dives on analytics and mapping out a calendar for practices and meetings all the way through training camp. McCarthy also did a deep dive on himself, going through boxes dating to his early days as an assistant at the University of Pittsburgh and with the Kansas City Chiefs to study how his philosophies have evolved over the past 30 years and where he needs to go from here.

Seriously, we should give this guy the Thanks for Saving Our Ass award for (Summer) 2008 and 2016. Or just induct him into the Packer Hall of Fame. I can't help but like him.

The idea for The McCarthy Project sprung from a mutual desire to watch tape and stay on top of trends in the NFL and college football in anticipation of a return in 2020, and it quickly expanded into a full-fledged operation. Haslett had connections to obtain "All-22" coaches tape, often faster than even NFL teams get it. The group traveled to Cincinnati for a six-hour meeting at Pro Football Focus, which collaborated on some ideas and provided resources that expedited the process of filtering tape and creating cutups. Justin Rudd, a former DV Sport software executive, pulled together the technology.

pbmax
12-10-2019, 07:11 AM
McCarthy on the radio as I suspect he raises his profile now that a job has come open. Wilde asked for questions, best one so far:

Tony Cartagena @TonyCartagena
Ask him if he likes Corned Beef Sandwiches. Because the best place in Cleveland is Slyman's and not a day goes by that I don't think about those sandwiches. He'll need that information. #AskMcCarthy #Packers

Brian Misslich @bmisslich
What is his biggest regret while being HC in GB #askmccarthy

Suggested Answer:
____WIS @_OnWisconsin_
____Forgetting Aaron Jones is on the roster.

pbmax
12-11-2019, 07:58 AM
Mike McCarthy would very much like you to know he is available. Refreshed and up to date. He has a D coordinator, a QB coach and a ST/LB coach.

Westwood One Sports @westwood1sports
New @RapSheet + Friends is up!

-- @TomPelissero with former #GoPackGo HC Mike McCarthy (11:20)

-- Ian with #Bears100 LB Nick Kwiatkoski (41:20)

Plus, Ian, Tom and @judybattista live at the owners' meetings in Dallas.

��: https://westwoodonesports.com/2019/12/rapsheet-friends-mike-mccarthy-nick-kwiatkoski-and-ians-at-the-owners-meetings/

pbmax
12-11-2019, 08:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELeghlqWoAAgwyd?format=jpg&name=small

Cheesehead Craig
12-11-2019, 08:21 AM
So what is different about this deep dive by M3 vs the one he did before last season when he was reportedly rethinking the whole playbook and doing all this self-scouting?

pbmax
12-11-2019, 08:23 AM
So what is different about this deep dive by M3 vs the one he did before last season when he was reportedly rethinking the whole playbook and doing all this self-scouting?

12 months versus 2-3 months?

pbmax
12-11-2019, 08:38 AM
After a certain point, they should take you off TV so you can do something more productive with your life. Like alchemy.

Tony Dungy 8 years behind the curve:

Andrew Perloff @andrewperloff
"What you're going to see is a lot of [NFL] teams taking college visits this spring... [to find out ] what do you do against this read option. This offense you see in Baltimore, everyone runs in college." - Tony Dungy on @dpshow

run pMc
12-11-2019, 09:31 AM
LOL yeah, they were doing that in the Kaepernick days.

George Cumby
12-11-2019, 10:51 AM

Not missing many meals those two.

Fritz
12-11-2019, 10:57 AM
I was gonna say, all that film study has resulted in more chinese takeout for ol' Mike, it seems.

The more I think about his situation, the more I think he might be attractive for Detroit if they pull the plug on Quinnicia. The Leos don't need a new hotshot - the fan base is sour and dubious of management and ownership. I think the old-fashioned owner there, Martha Ford, would probably be more comfortable with someone who has a pedigree like MM does. If he could get control of personnel, it'd be a dream for him. And the cheapo Lions could get two guys' worth of work out of one! Or so they'd think.

call_me_ishmael
12-11-2019, 11:27 AM
I love me some Mike McCarthy. I'll be rootin' for him. He seems like a genuinely good dude to me. That's all that matters.

George Cumby
12-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Provided you aren't reffing a kid's basketball game.

Zool
12-11-2019, 11:58 AM

Why is McCarthy hanging out with Jack Black and Paul Simon?

Fritz
12-12-2019, 06:10 AM

Maybe this time, after marathon sessions of film review and paging through playbooks going back to 1999, he won't finish and say to himself, "Geez, I been doing this right all along. Them guys just gotta get OPEN."

pbmax
12-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Michael Silver @MikeSilver
More fallout from the Jarvis Landry tirade during the Browns-Cardinals game: I'm told by two sources that before the game ended, 'multiple' Browns players yelled at the Arizona sideline to 'come get me'--asking to come play for the Cardinals. Landry, I'm told, was one of them.

Which was the larger bullet to dodge? Freddie Kitchens or John Dorsey?

EDITED TO ADD:
Adam @adamhaas_
Replying to @MikeSilver
Lmfaoooo this is Such a troll silver is hue Jacksons puppet and best friend. He trolls us whenever he can & now is making stuff up I love this

FORGOT MIKE SILVER WAS A REGGIE MCKENZIE TRUTHER! A HUE JACKSON STAN!

pbmax
12-17-2019, 10:59 AM
Status of the Lions (SOL): https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/jeff-seidel/2019/12/16/detroit-lions-owner-martha-ford-not-showing-hand-matt-patricia/2658454001/

Lots of hugs and kisses, some whispered words and a blowout loss.

hoosier
12-17-2019, 11:24 AM
I was gonna say, all that film study has resulted in more chinese takeout for ol' Mike, it seems.

The more I think about his situation, the more I think he might be attractive for Detroit if they pull the plug on Quinnicia. The Leos don't need a new hotshot - the fan base is sour and dubious of management and ownership. I think the old-fashioned owner there, Martha Ford, would probably be more comfortable with someone who has a pedigree like MM does. If he could get control of personnel, it'd be a dream for him. And the cheapo Lions could get two guys' worth of work out of one! Or so they'd think.

So hire McCarthy as their post-Wolf Shermie? Quintricia has been in place for, what, three years? The only thing that comes from changing course every three years is that you scare away all the good candidates and are left choosing between Chucky and Mouse Davis.

Fritz
12-17-2019, 11:30 AM
So hire McCarthy as their post-Wolf Shermie? Quintricia has been in place for, what, three years? The only thing that comes from changing course every three years is that you scare away all the good candidates and are left choosing between Chucky and Mouse Davis.

You forget it's the Lions. They could have their pick of Bill Belichek, Vince Lombardi, and Bill Walsh, and they'd pick Rod Marinelli.

I think the Quinnicia will be back. Which, as a Packer fan, I am thrilled about.

pbmax
12-17-2019, 02:37 PM
You forget it's the Lions. They could have their pick of Bill Belichek, Vince Lombardi, and Bill Walsh, and they'd pick Rod Marinelli.

I think the Quinnicia will be back. Which, as a Packer fan, I am thrilled about.

You heard it first at PackerRats.

Dave Birkett @davebirkett
Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia are back for 2020, when Martha Ford says: "We expect to be a playoff contender and those are our expectations, which we’ve expressed to both Bob and to Matt" https://freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/12/17/matt-patricia-bob-quinn-detroit-lions-return/2672246001/… via @freep

run pMc
12-18-2019, 06:54 AM
Matt Stafford on IR, as he should be with that injury.

pbmax
12-18-2019, 08:49 AM
I can't decide whether this is fascinating or just the same old story with new characters I don't know well.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/12/18/detroit-lions-bob-quinn-matt-patricia-martha-ford-sheila-ford-hamp/2681070001/

Mostly I think I am rooting against Patricia.

Before the decision, the feeling of the writer was that it wasn't at all good enough. But the Ford's are banking on the wonderful offense they showed when Stafford was healthy.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2019, 11:59 AM
They were a half decent team with Stafford. Good news that he is on IR - I thought he might come back in time for our game with them.

Fritz
12-18-2019, 03:50 PM
Lions were 3-4-1 with Stafford.

So I say yay, bring Quinntricia back! Hell yeah!

Bob Quinn - you go draft some more big, slow defensive players. Patricia, you keep rushing three guys on obvious passing downs.

Go boys, go!

pbmax
12-18-2019, 08:17 PM
Cold blooded.

Matt Harmon
Tom Coughlin has to at least be happy that his firing decided to show up early

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMG7bL-XsAEGyUM.jpg

pbmax
12-19-2019, 05:23 PM
Peter Schrager
Baylor HC Matt Rhule is the name I’m hearing time and time again. Not one team in particular— any/all.

Called this last year (in a list of about 20 future candidates)

Zool
12-20-2019, 01:25 PM
https://i.redd.it/lsthwgp0bt541.jpg

pbmax
12-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Sounds good but he would have met someone eventually, Hertz counter or not.

George Cumby
12-20-2019, 02:45 PM

So........ It's not the Butterfly Effect, it's the Buffalo Effect?

Not to be confused with the Buffalo Affect when one rolls in mud pits, tosses ignorant tourists 20' into the air and are attracted to girls on the 'roomy' side.

Cheesehead Craig
12-20-2019, 10:17 PM

That's awesome

pbmax
12-23-2019, 10:15 AM
Bears disappointed season reviewed and plan going forward:

How to avoid making the same mistake: The Bears should improve their interception and takeaway rates in 2020 by sheer regression toward the mean, although they likely need to do more to address their depth on the defensive side of the ball via the draft. Again, they're in a compromised position as a product of trades, as they are down their first-, third- and fourth-round picks, although they have an extra second-rounder from the Raiders and should pick up a fourth-round compensatory selection for Amos. Pace has to resist the urge to trade up with the selections he has, especially for more offensive help.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28348064/lessons-six-disappointing-nfl-teams-barnwell-went-wrong-next

Fun article as the Boys are in the top spot!

pbmax
12-23-2019, 11:40 AM
Brad Biggs @BradBiggs
The #Raiders, a year after trading Khalil Mack, are a longshot to make the AFC playoffs. But they're still alive and if Oakland sneaks in that pick the #Bears get in Round 2 won't be until No. 53 overall.

pbmax
12-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Failure: trying the same thing over and over again while going 6-9

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMelOAhW4AAkOrF?format=jpg&name=large

pbmax
12-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Seattle seems dead serious is bringing Marshawn back. Wonder if he gets more carries than Wilson is allowed to throw?

pbmax
12-23-2019, 03:24 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Panthers interviewed former Packers’ HC Mike McCarthy for their head-coaching job after their game against the Colts on Sunday, per league sources. Panthers declined comment on the coaching search.

Checks off the cholesterol category.

pbmax
12-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Free-agent WR Antonio Brown is in New Orleans this morning, working out for the Saints, per source. Saints are doing their due diligence.

Due diligence: Yes, we read the internet and he's an asshole. But he can play so....

pbmax
12-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Glad the Eagles have a good handle on medical issues on the sidelines:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Eagles won’t have TE Zach Ertz today, but he has not been ruled out for next week if Philly advances. Ertz is not only dealing with a cracked rib, but sources say he suffered a lacerated kidney that had him in the hospital after the game. That explains the caution this week.

Les Bowen @LesBowen
RE @rapsheet 's report that Zach Ertz has a lacerated kidney, plus cracked ribs -- a medical source said that would be his guess, when the Eagles added the "back" problem to the mix. I couldn't get it confirmed. If that is the case, he should not have re-entered the Dallas game.

pbmax
01-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Anatomy of misunderstanding.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoSNY
Dave Gettleman on his committment to running and stopping the run: "It's definitely a different NFL, but take a look at the teams in the playoffs. KC runs the ball very well. The Saints run the ball very well. ....

Seth Walder @SethWalder
Both the Saints are Chiefs are top 5 in EPA per pass play.
Neither are top 5 in EPA per designed run play.

Seth Walder @SethWalder
For the record:
EPA/pass play: Chiefs 2nd, Saints 5th
EPA/designed run: Saints 9th, Chiefs 13th
Neither were bad at running the ball but to think running is why either of those teams is good is incorrect.

Brian Burke @bburkeESPN
Teams that are successful with the 'stop the run, rush the passer, run the ball often on offense' strategy are typically exceptional in one thing: PASS DEFENSE. Again, it goes back to the passing game and not running...

Brian Burke @bburkeESPN
...You can run the ball all day long for 3.5 YPC if your 16-10 lead is safe.

pbmax
01-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Dan Snyder wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1212818970128072704

hoosier
01-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Who needs a GM or a coach when you have all the bases covered like Danny? Or, as one comment noted in the twit you linked, recreational weed IS legal in the District. Not that Danny ever sets foot in DC...

Bretsky
01-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Is the Eliott Wolf experiment starting soon ??

pbmax
01-02-2020, 07:50 PM
Is the Eliott Wolf experiment starting soon ??

Not getting the GM job. Wonder if Papa Wolf is ready to leak about how poor Junior is being treated.

Bretsky
01-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Not getting the GM job. Wonder if Papa Wolf is ready to leak about how poor Junior is being treated.

Have they named a new GM already ?

When I heard Dorsey was out and they were interviewing MM I thought a Wolf MM combo might happen in Cleveland

Joemailman
01-02-2020, 09:39 PM

When I heard Dorsey was out and they were interviewing MM I thought a Wolf MM combo might happen in Cleveland

They are going to hire the coach and then the GM. New coach will have input but not final say on hiring of GM.

Bretsky
01-02-2020, 09:40 PM
They are going to hire the coach and then the GM. New coach will have input but not final say on hiring of GM.

Well that's backwards

Joemailman
01-02-2020, 09:48 PM
If Dorsey fell out of favor there, you have to wonder about the status of the other Green Bay people he brought in.

RashanGary
01-02-2020, 09:54 PM
I hope we pick up dorsey. He drafted Mahomes and Mayfield and was here for Rodgers.

pbmax
01-02-2020, 11:00 PM

Cleveland.com reported that the GM is coming from outside the org.

Joemailman
01-02-2020, 11:01 PM
The Cleveland Browns hiring former Packers coach Mike McCarthy could have ripple effects in Green Bay.

According to Dan Graziano of ESPN, if the Browns pick McCarthy as their new coach, he could push for current Packers co-director of player personnel Jon-Eric Sullivan as the team’s new general manager.

Perhaps this could open up a spot for Dorsey to return to Green Bay?

pbmax
01-02-2020, 11:02 PM
If Dorsey fell out of favor there, you have to wonder about the status of the other Green Bay people he brought in.

I wonder if the reduced role was reporting to DePodesta or an actual scale down of his duties?

I suppose it could also be a refusal to allow the analytics guys into the room when personnel decisions were being made.

pbmax
01-02-2020, 11:04 PM
Perhaps this could open up a spot for Dorsey to return to Green Bay?

Is this the guy Gutey promoted to his old spot or the guy from Baltimore?

If McCarthy brings in someone from Green Bay, Eliot Wolf almost has to leave.

Joemailman
01-02-2020, 11:08 PM
Is this the guy Gutey promoted to his old spot or the guy from Baltimore?

If McCarthy brings in someone from Green Bay, Eliot Wolf almost has to leave.

This is not the guy from Baltimore. That's Hendrickson. Sullivan has been with the Packers since 2004.

Cheesehead Craig
01-03-2020, 07:51 AM
Browns say they are hiring the HC first (someone with NFL HC experience) and then the GM. How can this possibly go wrong?

George Cumby
01-03-2020, 09:49 AM
What astounds me is that it is so clearly bass-ackwards to do it this way but we see teams repeat the same mistake EVERY YEAR.

run pMc
01-03-2020, 12:14 PM
What astounds me is that it is so clearly bass-ackwards to do it this way but we see teams repeat the same mistake EVERY YEAR.

Yup. Same.

It does give the GM the excuse of "the coach wasn't my hire" when CLE goes 5-11 and Haslem wants to clean house. Again.

pbmax
01-05-2020, 11:34 AM
Joe Whitt alert

vaughn mcclure @vxmcclure23
Falcons interviewed Joe Whitt Jr. for a defensive position on staff, according to multiple sources. He was the Falcons’ assistant defensive backs coach in 2007, when Rich McKay was the general manager. McKay overseeing coach Dan Quinn and GM Thomas... https://es.pn/2QMqaqy

pbmax
01-13-2020, 09:58 PM
Don't tell Bear fans this but this might be a good hire:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Sources: The #Bears are hiring former #Bengals offensive coordinator Bill Lazor as their new OC. An important hire for Matt Nagy after moving on from Mark Helfrich.

mraynrand
01-14-2020, 12:12 AM
Mike Tanier@MikeTanier
Can't wait for the #browns to demand that their next general manager submit all potential draft picks to #DraftTwitter before making selections.

Fritz
01-14-2020, 05:55 AM

He's alteady leaking. Luckily, he has Depends.

Joemailman
01-14-2020, 08:09 PM
Luke Kuechly retires at age 28.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28486171/panthers-lb-luke-kuechly-announces-retirement-28

Kuechly was the NFL Rookie of the Year in 2012 after being the ninth overall pick and the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2013 and played an integral role in helping Carolina reach the Super Bowl after an NFL-best 15-1 2015 season. However, he missed 10 games in his NFL career due to concussions (3 in 2015; 6 in 2016; 1 in 2017), which may have led to his decision.

pbmax
01-14-2020, 08:19 PM
Seems like he has been around forever. Too bad, but good for him.

Freak Out
01-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Smart guy.

scharpcheddar
01-15-2020, 05:37 PM
He retired because the nfl told him to. Concussions was just the narrative they made up. See his fake rambling on nfl network? Kept looking down, reading his teleprompter. The date he retired and his birthday and jersey number are why he was retired before the games this week

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 06:12 PM
He retired because the nfl told him to. Concussions was just the narrative they made up. See his fake rambling on nfl network? Kept looking down, reading his teleprompter. The date he retired and his birthday and jersey number are why he was retired before the games this week

Seems far fetched

scharpcheddar
01-15-2020, 06:56 PM
Seems far fetched

Pay close attention to the wording in reports. During the interruption of the Packers game repeat.. a female reporter said he was talking about looking forward to stuff, he was feeling good. She said he told her that a week ago...a week later he said " he didnt know he was retiring", . Mixing truth with lies. He didn't know till he was told to

Mayhem
01-15-2020, 07:24 PM
Decatur Staleys is hiring John Defilippo as QB coach see if that helps Mitch and Jason Garrett interview for the Giants OC. position.

pbmax
01-15-2020, 07:32 PM
Decatur Staleys is hiring John Defilippo as QB coach see if that helps Mitch and Jason Garrett interview for the Giants OC. position.

They are really gearing up. This after hiring Lazor.

I hope they confuse the hell out of Pubert.

Joemailman
01-15-2020, 07:42 PM
They are really gearing up. This after hiring Lazor.

I hope they confuse the hell out of Pubert.

Nagy knows his future is tied to Trubisky's success, so he's going to pull out all the stops.

pbmax
01-15-2020, 07:45 PM
Nagy knows his future is tied to Trubisky's success, so he's going to pull out all the stops.

His current quarterback coach is being promoted to passing game coordinator.

Big changes to Bears coaching staff: former Jaguars’ OC John DeFilippo is being hired as their QB coach, QB coach Dave Ragone is being promoted to passing game coordinator, and Bill Lazor is being hired as OC, per league source.

mraynrand
01-15-2020, 08:21 PM

Gobstoppers

RashanGary
01-15-2020, 08:27 PM
Pay close attention to the wording in reports. During the interruption of the Packers game repeat.. a female reporter said he was talking about looking forward to stuff, he was feeling good. She said he told her that a week ago...a week later he said " he didnt know he was retiring", . Mixing truth with lies. He didn't know till he was told to

Im not seeing this one, or the WWF style staging

George Cumby
01-15-2020, 08:30 PM

1/14/20, 4/20/91 and 59?

Help this dullard out.

I'm not connecting the dots.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 12:17 AM
1/14/20, 4/20/91 and 59?

Help this dullard out.

Of course you dont.. until you start to grasp some numerology, and open your mind, you'll continue to be in the dark

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2020, 12:29 AM
Numerology huh? Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 03:25 AM

Fritz
01-16-2020, 07:46 AM

You know that Scharpcheddar is on another planet when Fritz and Tex are in complete agreement.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 07:46 AM
lol

hoosier
01-16-2020, 07:47 AM
1/14/20, 4/20/91 and 59?

Help this dullard out.

It all adds up, don't you see?!?! 209. That is the sum of those numbers. 209 is obviously shorthand for 2019, so Kuechly was preprogrammed to retire after 2019 season. Duh.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 07:48 AM
Of course you dont.. until you start to grasp some numerology, and open your mind, you'll continue to be in the dark

Light a candle for us.

Zool
01-16-2020, 07:59 AM
Light a candle for us.

I don't need a candle. Just light one for Cumby.

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2020, 08:05 AM
Are we lighting up? 4/20!

pbmax
01-16-2020, 08:08 AM
You know that Scharpcheddar is on another planet when Fritz and Tex are in complete agreement.

I am on Team Texas Fritzers.

George Cumby
01-16-2020, 08:46 AM
I don't need a candle. Just light one for Cumby.

Don’t cry for me, Argentina.

mraynrand
01-16-2020, 09:16 AM
Don’t cry for me, Argentina.

If about Evita, take it to the RR. If about Peron, take it to FYI.

RashanGary
01-16-2020, 12:55 PM
Cheddar falling for the CIA planted distractions

Life's too simple to get caught up in that nonsense

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 03:45 PM
Kc 34-20, or 35-10, 36-13

SF 27-20, or 27-16, 29-20

esoxx
01-16-2020, 03:48 PM
Cheddar falling for the CIA planted distractions

Life's too simple to get caught up in that nonsense

That's what the CIA wants you to think.

beveaux1
01-16-2020, 05:04 PM
Funny story, I was at a store and saw a friend of mine talking to a group of people. They started talking about NFL football and one member of the group said the NFL already had decided who was going to the Super Bowl.
He said that because it's the NFL's 100th anniversary and also the Packers' 100th anniversary, Green Bay would be playing KC in the Super Bowl because that would be the same two teams that played in Super Bowl 1.

My friend said that this guy had been saying that since before the season, and that he said the umpiring crews were in on it and that Green Bay and KC would get favorable calls all year to help get them there.

By the way, he says GB will win the Super Bowl just like they did in Super Bowl 1. Nobody in that group knew I was a Packer fan, except my friend. These stories seem to be making the rounds.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2020, 05:53 PM
Funny story, I was at a store and saw a friend of mine talking to a group of people. They started talking about NFL football and one member of the group said the NFL already had decided who was going to the Super Bowl.
He said that because it's the NFL's 100th anniversary and also the Packers' 100th anniversary, Green Bay would be playing KC in the Super Bowl because that would be the same two teams that played in Super Bowl 1.

My friend said that this guy had been saying that since before the season, and that he said the umpiring crews were in on it and that Green Bay and KC would get favorable calls all year to help get them there.

By the way, he says GB will win the Super Bowl just like they did in Super Bowl 1. Nobody in that group knew I was a Packer fan, except my friend. These stories seem to be making the rounds.

But the nfl has been around for 100 years, not 50.
Obviously the nfl is teasing with it.yeah , what a coincidence? The nfl just happens to have KC and Packers in final 4.
How lucky for them,right?
But ultimately I still say SF, Kc. History will repeat itself in that KC will lose SB.

QBME
01-16-2020, 07:24 PM
Are we lighting up? 4/20!

8-)

pbmax
01-29-2020, 09:23 AM
Huh, I thought these guys were all headed to the Super Bowl this year. :lol:

NFL Update @MySportsUpdate
The #Browns are also parting ways with assistant GM Eliot Wolf, per @mortreport.

The #Browns and VP of Player Personnel Alonzo Highsmith have mutually agreed to part ways, per @DustinFox37.

Joemailman
01-29-2020, 09:26 AM

The #Browns are also parting ways with assistant GM Eliot Wolf, per @mortreport.

The #Browns and VP of Player Personnel Alonzo Highsmith have mutually agreed to part ways, per @DustinFox37.

Ron Wolf is really gonna be grumpy now.

pbmax
01-29-2020, 09:26 AM
This guy seems like he is really on top of the cap stuff for the Packers.

https://twitter.com/KenIngalls

I am surprised to never have come across him before.

Joemailman
01-29-2020, 09:30 AM
This guy seems like he is really on top of the cap stuff for the Packers.

https://twitter.com/KenIngalls

I am surprised to never have come across him before.

Guys like him need a better hobby. Like posting on Packerrats.

run pMc
01-29-2020, 12:03 PM

Probability they end up in GB within 3 years?

pbmax
01-29-2020, 12:17 PM
That's what the CIA wants you to think.

I am actually with the CID. I tell people I am with the CIA to throw them off the trail.

pbmax
01-29-2020, 03:21 PM
RapSheet
The #Browns tried to keep him, but in the end, Eliot Wolf moves on.

Gotarace
01-29-2020, 03:32 PM
RapSheet
The #Browns tried to keep him, but in the end, Eliot Wolf moves on.
Any rumor where Baby Wolf is heading?

Zool
01-29-2020, 03:57 PM

Kings Landing

pbmax
01-29-2020, 05:56 PM

Nope. But without Dorsey there and new Football Ops management, they were not moving on up on the east side of Cleveland.

Or Berea.

pbmax
01-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Cranky old man achievement unlocked!

Chris Mortensen
Hall of Fame GM Ron Wolf said the @Browns and others who embrace an analytics-driven model are "out of control."
Wolf: "When something goes wrong, who takes responsibility?
"Their answer: `Well, that's what the data told us.' What a crock. That's what got 'em 1-31."

Ron apparently thinks you plug The M-5 into an outlet and then you are at its mercy.

Joemailman
01-29-2020, 06:31 PM

Chris Mortensen
Hall of Fame GM Ron Wolf said the @Browns and others who embrace an analytics-driven model are "out of control."
"Their answer: `Well, that's what the data told us.' What a crock. That's what got 'em 1-31."

Ron apparently thinks you plug The M-5 into an outlet and then you are at its mercy.

If you're an analytics guy, stay off Ron Wolf's lawn. However, I don't rule out the possibility that the Browns are overusing analytics as a tool.

pbmax
01-29-2020, 06:32 PM
If you're an analytics guy, stay off Ron Wolf's lawn. However, I don't rule out the possibility that the Browns are overusing analytics as a tool.

More of a problem that they change plans every two years.

Bretsky
01-29-2020, 08:11 PM
More of a problem that they change plans every two years.

Maybe that's what the analytics tell them to do :)))

run pMc
01-29-2020, 08:38 PM
Kings Landing

Or maybe Seattle to work with Schneider?

wist43
01-29-2020, 08:57 PM
Maybe that's what the analytics tell them to do :)))

Lol :)

George Cumby
01-29-2020, 11:00 PM
Kings Landing

I see what you did there.

Zool
01-29-2020, 11:25 PM
I see what you did there.

At least someone did.

Patler
01-30-2020, 07:37 AM
James Campen and Joe Whitt are out as coaches in Cleveland, too. Whitt is going to the Falcons.

Alex Van Pelt is the new OC in Cleveland.

pbmax
01-30-2020, 07:59 AM
At least someone did.

I had nothing to offer. Like the last episode of the series.

KYPack
01-30-2020, 10:34 AM
The death of GB South. Does Cleveland think they are moving the organization forward? They got a talent upgrade with Dorsey calling the shots. Haslem is beyond a disaster as an owner. I'd imagine the Gute won't be looking at baby Wolf as a personnel man. That would be like bringing his own fox in the hen house. Things looked so rosy for the GB Ex-Pats just a few months ago. Now they are all on the streets.

bobblehead
01-30-2020, 10:41 AM

Chris Mortensen

The NFL has proven time and again that analytics are flawed. The game is and has always been won in the trenches. Going for it on every 4th down is a joke. How the game is playing out has to be factored in. Using data that shows how often this or that happens is flawed. If you want to go for it on 4th and 7 with 8 minutes left in the first half down 14 I want to see that EXACT scenario show me how its the better move. Not 4th and 7 in general. Not expected odds of getting 7 yards in any given situation. Not how often going for it on 4th and 7 against prevent D works. The EXACT situation.

bobblehead
01-30-2020, 10:48 AM
I had nothing to offer. Like the last SEASON of the series.

FIFY

pbmax
01-30-2020, 11:19 AM
The NFL has proven time and again that analytics are flawed. The game is and has always been won in the trenches. Going for it on every 4th down is a joke. How the game is playing out has to be factored in. Using data that shows how often this or that happens is flawed. If you want to go for it on 4th and 7 with 8 minutes left in the first half down 14 I want to see that EXACT scenario show me how its the better move. Not 4th and 7 in general. Not expected odds of getting 7 yards in any given situation. Not how often going for it on 4th and 7 against prevent D works. The EXACT situation.

Two of the heaviest users of analytics in the League are playing in the Super Bowl.

Analytics on play calls are not usually going to tell you which play is better, but which option gives you the best leverage.

Teams for years over valued punting on 4th and short. Also undervalued 4th and whatever near the goal line. Stranding the opposing offense deep is a good thing.

hoosier
01-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Kc 34-20, or 35-10, 36-13

SF 27-20, or 27-16, 29-20

I have insider knowledge that the score WILL NOT be 17-1. The fix is in!

Zool
01-30-2020, 01:36 PM
I had nothing to offer. Like the last episode of the series.

:rs:

woodbuck27
01-31-2020, 05:29 PM
Dallas hired it's 'Yes Man' as the new Cowboys Head Coach:

Mike McCarthy

mraynrand
01-31-2020, 05:43 PM
Dallas hired it's 'Yes Man' as the new Cowboys Head Coach:

Mike McCarthy

https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/2/13/777671488-Jim-Carrey-Yes-Man-Movie-Scene-720x405.jpg

No Man! No Man! No Man!

mraynrand
01-31-2020, 05:45 PM
If you want to go for it on 4th and 7 with 8 minutes left in the first half down 14 I want to see that EXACT scenario show me how its the better move.

And you want to know how it works out with your exact players and the oppositions' exact players. Oh wait, that's coaching...

pbmax
02-01-2020, 09:04 AM
And you want to know how it works out with your exact players and the oppositions' exact players. Oh wait, that's coaching...

This would be lovely, if it were possible. At best, each coach has 4 or 5 guaranteed play calls against certain defenses. Otherwise they are mostly hopeful and guessing. Remember Stubby couldn't go for 2 at the end of the Cardinals game because he was out of WR. And that is a situation he was prepared for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Analytics is telling you that the long history of that game situation is (for instance) used too often for FG or punting given actual results. Not every 4th and 3 is from the Patriots or Kansas City offense. Lotta dreck in there too. Its about as average as it could get.

Analytics doesn't pretend what defense will be called or what play will be run. It could comment on run/pass choice or personnel group.

A coach should use what analytics is telling you to prep for more 4th down offense, and then let game situation and the leverage number (or EP or WP) the slide rule is giving you help you decide on the sideline.

And someone else should be suggesting plays so you can decide this. A lot of game situation coaching is bad because coaches are looking for a play rather than thinking critically.

Analytics won't ever call the plays, it will help you know how to prepare and what to be prepared to do.

mraynrand
02-01-2020, 09:12 AM
Analytics won't ever call the plays, it will help you know how to prepare and what to be prepared to do.

Lot of extra words to get to this gem. I can't help but think we believe the same thing. Analytics just gives you more info, but ultimately coaching is about knowing your team. Should you go for it on that 4th and one when the other team is tired, or punt and give up a fourth and 26? Will your right tackle slip again on the critical fourth and one, or will he anchor properly? Should you travel out west midweek instead of on Saturday? Can analytics motivate a player who has been snubbed from the pro bowl to play disciplined football, or is coaching needed to channel disappointment into a sublime run-stopping effort?

pbmax
02-01-2020, 09:38 AM
Lot of extra words to get to this gem. I can't help but think we believe the same thing. Analytics just gives you more info, but ultimately coaching is about knowing your team. Should you go for it on that 4th and one when the other team is tired, or punt and give up a fourth and 26? Will your right tackle slip again on the critical fourth and one, or will he anchor properly? Should you travel out west midweek instead of on Saturday? Can analytics motivate a player who has been snubbed from the pro bowl to play disciplined football, or is coaching needed to channel disappointment into a sublime run-stopping effort?

Possibly we are.

1. 4th and 1 versus a tired team. Mostly I would be skeptical of these assessments of how tired they are unless dead obvious*. I would rather play the percentages. If you had time to canvas the O line, they are almost always going to vote to run it.

2. Travel I suspect you could get a lot of good information. But then you need to coach the team in that way to prep them for what they must do and how to keep with your schedule. Barry had the Badgers operating on a 26 hour a day with a lot of water in order to travel to Japan to play the Spartans in '93 or whenever it was. And Barry probably just talked with Tom Osbourne or Lou Holtz.

3. Player motivation I have no idea. I suspect that is all coaching and player personnel. Though again I suspect its superficially about motivation but rather more dependent on putting that player in better positions to not betray you.

*And I mean dead obvious to chidden at the top of the bleachers. Not the group of empaths in the Game Day thread who can always detect sloth after one incompletion.

mraynrand
02-01-2020, 02:01 PM
For the purposes of this discussion, I have no opinion on the specific answers to those specific situations. My point is only that they are the kind of situations where analytics won't help you much. In other words, analytics is another tool in your kit, but if you lean on it too much, you're gonna get smoked. Hell, an entire analytics regime in Cleveland thought they could ride out three years of accumulating picks before they need to win more than a game. That's the extreme example of course, but you get the idea.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 08:25 AM
For the purposes of this discussion, I have no opinion on the specific answers to those specific situations. My point is only that they are the kind of situations where analytics won't help you much. In other words, analytics is another tool in your kit, but if you lean on it too much, you're gonna get smoked. Hell, an entire analytics regime in Cleveland thought they could ride out three years of accumulating picks before they need to win more than a game. That's the extreme example of course, but you get the idea.

That is the process branch of the analytics front and they were mortally wounded when they traded away the draft pick that would Wentz (right?) and it looked like he was Joe Montana his rookie year.

Process people never seem to be able to explain when the get young talent phase ends and winning begins. See Phila 76ers.

Contrast that with the Brewers, who are deep into analytics and still ended the rebuild and went all in for two years when Yelich and Cain, et. al. paid higher than expected dividends.

mraynrand
02-02-2020, 09:44 AM
IOW, analytics are great, if you know how to use them.

pbmax
02-02-2020, 06:38 PM
IOW, analytics are great, if you know how to use them.

Yep.

And this doesn’t even cover how money ball was as much about market inefficiency than a new way to play ball.

pbmax
02-05-2020, 07:05 PM
A new personal hero responds:

https://twitter.com/tarikcohen/status/1225205169958334464?s=21

Mau
Man... now I know why the bears suck. I met the running back for the bears today at work and the first time I saw him I walked right past him didn’t even notice his small ass smh. I could easily take him down, I need an NFL contract asap

Tarik Cohen
On my mother I’d run you over

mraynrand
02-05-2020, 08:01 PM
A new personal hero responds:

https://twitter.com/tarikcohen/status/1225205169958334464?s=21

Mau
Man... now I know why the bears suck. I met the running back for the bears today at work and the first time I saw him I walked right past him didn’t even notice his small ass smh. I could easily take him down, I need an NFL contract asap

Tarik Cohen
On my mother I’d run you over

his mother would get hurt

pbmax
02-06-2020, 07:35 AM
his mother would get hurt

Possibly. Moms are often tougher than they look.

Zool
02-06-2020, 07:39 AM
Possibly. Moms are often tougher than they look.

I assume she's saddled?

pbmax
02-06-2020, 08:11 AM
I assume she's saddled?

I was thinking chicken fight, but perhaps.

I was half convinced Tarik would run him over even if Mau was ON his mother. As in, Tarik wouldn't take it easy even if Mom was in harm's way.

Joemailman
02-09-2020, 08:47 PM
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
The Jaguars today will play two of their home games at Wembley Stadium over consecutive Sundays in London in 2020, making them the first team in NFL history to play two home games outside of the United States in the same regular season. Opponents TBD. Big news.

Anything for a sellout.

pbmax
02-10-2020, 02:16 PM
Chad Graff @ChadGraff
Dom Capers, the longtime Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator, has joined the Vikings as a senior defensive assistant, the team announced.

LET'S TALK TO A RANDOM VIKINGS FAN "IN THE STREET" TO GAUGE FAN REACTION:

Drew Magary @drewmagary
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fuck.

pbmax
02-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Daniel Kaplan @KaplanSportsBiz
counsel for @AB84 defending him against rape claims has filed in Florida state court to withdraw as his lawyer

I AM SURE THIS IS FINE

mraynrand
02-11-2020, 08:18 AM
Daniel Kaplan @KaplanSportsBiz
counsel for @AB84 defending him against rape claims has filed in Florida state court to withdraw as his lawyer

I AM SURE THIS IS FINE

Might be a good time to deploy the insanity plea. Too bad Johnny Cockroach is no longer with us. Flea Bailey is still alive but disbarred in FL...

run pMc
02-11-2020, 11:27 AM
Might be a good time to deploy the insanity plea. Too bad Johnny Cockroach is no longer with us. Flea Bailey is still alive but disbarred in FL...

So... Dershowitz?

Fritz
02-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Chad Graff @ChadGraff
Dom Capers, the longtime Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator, has joined the Vikings as a senior defensive assistant, the team announced.

LET'S TALK TO A RANDOM VIKINGS FAN "IN THE STREET" TO GAUGE FAN REACTION:

Drew Magary @drewmagary
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fuck.

Wait til the Vikes shut down GB's offense next season. . . the gnashing of teeth here will be audible.

pbmax
02-12-2020, 05:48 PM
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Jameis Winston undergoes LASIK surgery to repair vision

Jameis served 23AnkleBiters well last year. We look forward to continued improvement.

pbmax
02-12-2020, 05:50 PM
Huh.

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam
Brady's numbers sucked last year, but after diving into the tape and stats, I think almost ALL of the problem was the receiving corps:

https://pff.com/news/nfl-how-much-does-tom-brady-really-have-left…

Give him guys who can get open, Brady can still ball.

MAYBE WE GIVE QBS TOO MUCH CREDIT AND BLAME?

PFF: https://t.co/ShpEbMju4I

pbmax
02-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Nearly two decades after Brett Favre surrendered sack to Michael Strahan, Mark Gastineau feels record should still be his https://ift.tt/2HjIgM4 #Packers

WAS A CHICKEN SHIT THING TO DO. AND DAMN HIM FOR GIVING ME REASON TO THINK KINDLY OF MARK GASTINEAU.

pbmax
02-13-2020, 08:33 AM
Relive an actual defense: 2009 Packers versus Boys

https://twitter.com/BookOfEli_NFL/status/1227655451631923200

mraynrand
02-13-2020, 08:37 AM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Nearly two decades after Brett Favre surrendered sack to Michael Strahan, Mark Gastineau feels record should still be his https://ift.tt/2HjIgM4 #Packers

WAS A CHICKEN SHIT THING TO DO. AND DAMN HIM FOR GIVING ME REASON TO THINK KINDLY OF MARK GASTINEAU.

This was just another example of the horrible fallout from 9/11.

mraynrand
02-13-2020, 08:39 AM

One of the best games I've ever attended. If you love defensive football, this was your kind of game.

pbmax
02-14-2020, 08:24 AM
Myles Garrett is back, suspension lifted. And he still claims he heard Rudolph calling him a slur.

There wasn't much to back him up on this (video and other players didn't hear it, I think one teammate might have) but I have to say, reacting to that with a helmet swing makes a hell of a lot more sense than just deciding mid-play to take someone's head off.

I am inclined to believe he thought he heard it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28697201/myles-garrett-again-alleges-mason-rudolph-called-racial-slur-sparking-brawl

Joemailman
02-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Seahawks hire Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102793/article/seahawks-hire-exbrowns-execs-eliot-wolf-highsmith

Bretsky
02-24-2020, 04:47 PM

It all ended when they kicked Santan Dotson to the curb :))

Joemailman
02-24-2020, 05:23 PM
I was at that game. Absolutely incredible. To put it in perspective, Packers were an underdog at home. The week before, the Packers had played terrible, losing to Tampa Bay 38-28 as Rodgers threw 3 INT's including a Pick 6. Dallas on the other hand was red hot, having won 4 in a row. It was the first of 5 straight wins for the Packers. One of the most important wins of the McCarthy/Rodgers/Thompson era.

pbmax
02-25-2020, 09:51 AM
It all ended when they kicked Santan Dotson to the curb :))

You mean Cullen Jenkins old man? :lol:

pbmax
02-25-2020, 09:52 AM
I was at that game. Absolutely incredible. To put it in perspective, Packers were an underdog at home. The week before, the Packers had played terrible, losing to Tampa Bay 38-28 as Rodgers threw 3 INT's including a Pick 6. Dallas on the other hand was red hot, having won 4 in a row. It was the first of 5 straight wins for the Packers. One of the most important wins of the McCarthy/Rodgers/Thompson era.

Also the birth of McCarthy adjusting the scheme about 6 games into the season when the off season plan wasn't working.

pbmax
02-25-2020, 05:13 PM
Trevor Sikkema @TampaBayTre
#Giants GM Dave Gettleman: “Offense scores points, defense wins championships.”

Bill Barnwell @billbarnwell
Gettleman with the Giants:

- Hired a offensive coordinator as head coach
- Two highest draft picks have been offensive players
- Two most expensive free agent signings were offensive players
- 7 of the 8 largest cap hits for the 2020 Giants right now are on offense

Joemailman
05-17-2020, 08:16 AM
Buffalo DT Ed Oliver arrested for DWI and illegal possession of a firearm. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29185936/bills-lineman-ed-oliver-arrested-dwi-gun-charges

He was the 9th overall pick of the 2019 draft and had an outstanding rookie year.

pbmax
05-17-2020, 09:45 AM
Buffalo DT Ed Oliver arrested for DWI and illegal possession of a firearm. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29185936/bills-lineman-ed-oliver-arrested-dwi-gun-charges

He was the 9th overall pick of the 2019 draft and had an outstanding rookie year.

Been a bad week for player troubles. Oliver was just the cleanup hitter. Washington WR Cody Latimer, Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar and Giants cornerback Deandre Baker were the top of the order.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/17/four-nfl-players-were-taken-into-custody-on-saturday/

run pMc
05-17-2020, 12:06 PM
Been a bad week for player troubles. Oliver was just the cleanup hitter. Washington WR Cody Latimer, Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar and Giants cornerback Deandre Baker were the top of the order.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/17/four-nfl-players-were-taken-into-custody-on-saturday/

Antonio Morrison in the news for the wrong reason
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/16/former-nfl-linebacker-antonio-morrison-faces-felony-charge/

The Baker/Dunbar thing is just bonkers. The reader comments are pretty good though.

RashanGary
05-17-2020, 04:19 PM
losing deforest buckner and replacing him with a rookie, javon Kinlaw will hurt SF. I like our chances to beat them in 2020

woodbuck27
05-23-2020, 05:07 PM
losing deforest buckner and replacing him with a rookie, javon Kinlaw will hurt SF. I like our chances to beat them in 2020

Always 'the optimist '.

Good stuff.

RashanGary
05-23-2020, 05:22 PM
Always 'the optimist '.

Good stuff.

Welcome back old timer. Hope you and Mae are well.

And yeah, I have an established pattern of optimism with the Packers. I gotta have something to feel optimistic about, humanity being as lost as it is. I suppose my optimism is irrational at times considering I'm always learning that way with the Packer

pbmax
05-24-2020, 02:16 PM
Losing this one hurt. Maybe not as much as Collins, but this was self inflicted.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
Casey has developed into a star. He detailed his approach to the game and what it’s like to cover some of the best receivers in the league on my podcast earlier this month: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/cohens-corner/id1417630769?i=1000473514809

PFF @PFF
Highest coverage grade among CBs past five seasons
Casey Hayward Jr. - 93.1

RashanGary
05-24-2020, 02:45 PM
Yep. Ouch! Worst decision TT made in the sense that he had full information to make the right call and flat out failed. Hyde was horrible too. Those couple bad years we had were hugely related to letting two of our best players go.

However, that was money that made Z and P possible. If we get an Owl, I'm over it.

pbmax
05-25-2020, 08:33 AM
FINALLY! They might finally listen to us.

For late May, normally a slow time in the NFL, the league’s really busy. A couple of significant rules—adding a full-time Sky Judge to every officiating crew, and revolutionizing the onside kick—will come up for votes in a special videoconference session Thursday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/25/nfl-minority-hiring-rooney-rule-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 12:46 PM
40m/year talk heating up for Mahomes.

Rodgers contract looking increasingly tradable after 2021.

Teams who just need a QB will be drooling to scoop AR at an age where Favre, Manning, Brady and Brees all performed at the highest level at only 25m/year

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 12:49 PM
Did gute make that contract intentionally so it would be wildly tradable??? Hard to know, but it happened incidentally or intentionally

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2020, 01:44 PM
When you want a contract to look artificially large, you back load it with the idea that there's a good chance the guy is gone before the end. When you have an all out star who you expect to keep for the life of the deal, you front load it. If you have some cap excess along the way, you guarantee even more on your star player, resulting in the picture we have. Thus, what makes it tradable - from the idiotic point of view that he should be traded - also makes it advantageous to keep him from the more sane point of view you just don't trade away the GOAT for anything short of a Herschel Walker-type deal, and most teams aren't as damn dumb as the Vikings were/are to offer you that much.

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 01:46 PM
We might be able to get two firsts. A team right there in the cusp...... If they're ready to shoot their shot.... That contract looks like it was made to trade.

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2020, 01:50 PM
But if the Packers are similarly "right there in the cusp", then WHY would we be stupid enough to dump him - even for two firsts which probably wouldn't be very high considering the other team is "right there in the cusp"? 3 or 4 firsts and a couple of seconds, maybe, but like I said, nobody is Viking-level dumb enough to offer that much.

Zool
05-26-2020, 01:55 PM
But if the Packers are similarly "right there in the cusp", then WHY would we be stupid enough to dump him - even for two firsts which probably wouldn't be very high considering the other team is "right there in the cusp"? 3 or 4 firsts and a couple of seconds, maybe, but like I said, nobody is Viking-level dumb enough to offer that much.

The Bears would like a word with you about this.

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 02:03 PM
AR would have a likely great finish to his career in that scenario.

Gets traded to an ideal situation for two years.

Then free to sign in another ideal situation to finish his career

And if the Packers are right with the Love pick, they get ARs best years, then a couple high picks as he leaves town, setting them up for two Love SB rings in the near future!

Win/Win

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2020, 02:06 PM
That only makes sense if you assume Love will be as good as Rodgers right away at the time of the trade, possible but doubtful - and I'd still want at least 3 first round picks.

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 02:10 PM
That only makes sense if you assume Love will be as good as Rodgers right away at the time of the trade, possible but doubtful - and I'd still want at least 3 first round picks.

I give Love almost zero chance at being better than Aaron in 2022. But the total impact of that decision goes beyond the 2022 season so that's where it starts looking like a possibility if they love, love then more than they love, love now, that is.

Zool
05-26-2020, 02:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcU57tAKzng

pbmax
05-26-2020, 04:02 PM

Rodgers deal contains a lot of backloaded money. Especially after they guaranteed his roster bonus to reduce his 2020 cap number.

His base salaries are $25 mil each of the last two years. HIs cap numbers in the last three years are $36, $39 and $28 million. He has a $6.8 mil roster bonus they can monkey around with until 3 or 5 days into the 2021 League Year.

There isn't any funny if you mean fake guarantees or wild bonuses in out years.

But the contract is backloaded in such a way that he is completely trade-able in either the second to last or last year. He is also tradable after 2021 if you don't mind a record breaking dead money charge. But even with that hit, you get a little cap savings, more if you post-date to June.

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 04:12 PM
Elgton Jenkins asked, other than his teammates, who's the toughest player he played in 2019.

Deforest Buckner, 49ers, now colts.

Not a good omen for the 49ers to lose such a great player in his prime. Curious to see how they're affected

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 08:52 PM
I started going through each teams offseasons. Started with Chiefs and Ravens.

So far I have Ravens #1 and Chiefs #2.

Ravens got run over like we did in playoffs. Brought in Campbell and Wolfe. Drafted Queen. Really good veteran secondary. They're gonna be real good on defense.

Offense, lost Yanda, but should be able to Lane Taylor it together with their OL developing prowess. Lamar Jackson is my favorite player in the NFL so needless to say, I think he's gonna be even better.

Chiefs are pretty much the same team. Juan Thornhills development should be big for their shoddy secondary. Average defense. Lights out offense. Talented young RB, Hardman should improve. Real good OL that was decimated by injuries last year.

But, since defense wins championships, I like the Ravens better. Both should be better than the Packers.

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2020, 09:15 PM
Rodgers deal contains a lot of backloaded money. Especially after they guaranteed his roster bonus to reduce his 2020 cap number.

His base salaries are $25 mil each of the last two years. HIs cap numbers in the last three years are $36, $39 and $28 million. He has a $6.8 mil roster bonus they can monkey around with until 3 or 5 days into the 2021 League Year.

There isn't any funny if you mean fake guarantees or wild bonuses in out years.

But the contract is backloaded in such a way that he is completely trade-able in either the second to last or last year. He is also tradable after 2021 if you don't mind a record breaking dead money charge. But even with that hit, you get a little cap savings, more if you post-date to June.

Based on those figures, I say again, it would be bonehead stupid to trade him if is still playing good and probably not possible to trade him if he isn't.

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 09:40 PM
So far I have three top teams

1 Ravens (complete team. Went all out for this year)
2 Saints (Complete team. Went all out for this year)
3. Chiefs (shoddy corner play, otherwise complete team)

I've only done 5 teams so this could change, but.....

4 49ers (Question isn't a question. It's QB. Regression by losing Sanders and Buckner. But complete team outside of so/so QB and some likely regression)

5 Packers (Questions at WR/TE and DL/ILB. Great QB play could move them ahead of SF. Some really ideal growth from within and maybe they're in that mix with the best)

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 09:54 PM
Sucks that we have to play the Saints and 9ers on the road.

One of McGinns scouts called the Saints aggressive and the Packers deliberate in how they build from within.

Well, that deliberate approach is going to be put to the test. The young WR/TE group, and then Gary/Keke are going to have to step up if we want to be in the class with the top 3 teams and maybe the 49ers too.

We have maybe the best QB in the league so we will be in the mix, but those rosters are more complete. That is, unless we have a really fortunate turn of events with a bunch of young guys like Ted had in 2010.

We'll see!

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2020, 10:01 PM
I disagree about the Saints. Brees is on the downside, and they are fairly beatable.

Joemailman
05-26-2020, 10:08 PM
Saints have lost a home playoff game 2 years in a row. The Superdome mystique may be fading. Just as the Lambeau mystique faded in the early 2000's.

RashanGary
05-26-2020, 10:49 PM
Saints have lost a home playoff game 2 years in a row. The Superdome mystique may be fading. Just as the Lambeau mystique faded in the early 2000's.

It's weird to examine their roster.... Like what's wrong, why aren't they getting an Owl?

Lots of these teams probably feel the same way we do, just getting one with a HOFer like Brees, or none with Rivers. Colts got one with manning..... Lots of that going around

Zool
05-27-2020, 10:04 AM
It's weird to examine their roster.... Like what's wrong, why aren't they getting an Owl?

Because it's fucking difficult.

ThunderDan
05-27-2020, 12:44 PM
Because it's fucking difficult.

No it isn't. I can put together a roster in Madden and win the Superb Owl every year. :talk:

Zool
05-27-2020, 01:08 PM
No it isn't. I can put together a roster in Madden and win the Superb Owl every year. :talk:

Hacker

Joemailman
06-16-2020, 02:19 PM
Gotta look strange to a Patriots fan. I remember first year James Lofton played for Raiders. Couldn't watch a Raiders game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eao3GkCXkAQhatC?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

pbmax
06-17-2020, 08:14 AM
Saints are always overrated.

RashanGary
06-23-2020, 04:50 PM
Season hasn't started and 49ers without their best defender, buckner and their top 2 WRs. Good offseason if the 49ers are your nightmare matchup, and they're ours.

Upnorth
06-24-2020, 08:26 AM
Season hasn't started and 49ers without their best defender, buckner and their top 2 WRs. Good offseason if the 49ers are your nightmare matchup, and they're ours.

The war of attrition has begun.

mraynrand
06-29-2020, 07:46 AM
Patriots Stripped Of Third-Round Pick By NFL
June 28th, 2020 at 7:24pm CST by Zach Links
This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.

The NFL has rendered its verdict on the Patriots’ filming of a Bengals-Browns game late last year. The results aren’t pretty for the Pats – they’ll be fined $1.1MM and stripped of a 2021 third-round pick, according to Mike Reiss and Adam Schefter of ESPN.com (on Twitter). Furthermore, Pats TV crews will be barred from filming games during the upcoming season.

CAM!

mraynrand
06-29-2020, 07:46 AM
Cam Newton's new nickname: Spy Cam

hoosier
06-29-2020, 01:28 PM
Pathetic little slap on the wrist for an organization that has shown absolutely no compunction or hesitation about cheating. Goodell's disciplinary procedures can't even hold a candle to MLB despite its decision to ignore the top of the hierarchy. This, by comparison, is a joke.

KYPack
06-29-2020, 08:27 PM
Cam Newton's new nickname: Spy Cam

Pretty funny, Rand.

Fosco33
07-13-2020, 03:48 PM
New names for Skins?

Criminals, Capitalists, Columbians?

wist43
07-13-2020, 05:48 PM
New names for Skins?

Deep Staters
Marxists
Bolsheviks
Commies
Putrid Filth
Nancybots
Obeyordie

Do any of those sound good??

wist43
07-13-2020, 05:57 PM
I don't expect to watch much football anymore... will tape the Packer games and scroll thru them when I get a chance.

Never thought I'd get to the point where I don't care much about the NFL, but I'm there.

texaspackerbacker
07-13-2020, 07:43 PM
Mike Huckabee came up with a good one: the Elizabeth Warrens - formerly phony redskins, now in denial.

I've read other good people saying the same about basically boycotting the NFL - last season already because of Kaepernick and more so because of the more widespread crap this season. The way I look at it, though, it would be a damn shame to deprive myself of the pleasure of rooting for my team just because of a bunch of mostly irrelevant shit that doesn't affect me anyway. I guess Professor Rand is on another sabbatical or something, but I'm sure my good normal attitude of that type would be disapproved of by Rand and a couple others of his kind in here. Including you, wist?

wist43
07-13-2020, 11:47 PM
Mike Huckabee came up with a good one: the Elizabeth Warrens - formerly phony redskins, now in denial.

I've read other good people saying the same about basically boycotting the NFL - last season already because of Kaepernick and more so because of the more widespread crap this season. The way I look at it, though, it would be a damn shame to deprive myself of the pleasure of rooting for my team just because of a bunch of mostly irrelevant shit that doesn't affect me anyway. I guess Professor Rand is on another sabbatical or something, but I'm sure my good normal attitude of that type would be disapproved of by Rand and a couple others of his kind in here. Including you, wist?

Nah, I'm not a SJW for boycotting things... I try personally to stay away from businesses and states that endorse things I find harmful to America.

I tend to spend too much time in New York... never spend money there. I shop at Walmart much less these days, told my wife to stop ordering off of Amazon, etc.

As for the NFL, they've just pushed me too far. Same thing with the NBA. I'll still watch the Packers some, but won't watch other games. It's a shame what they've done... been a fan since the 60's.

wthigoot
07-14-2020, 04:38 PM
New names for Skins?

DC Comics?

Copyright problem.

run pMc
07-15-2020, 12:08 PM
Are you saying you're planning to boycott or watch less NFL because Snyder is going to change the name to something not-racist?

Fosco33
07-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Wonder when DC will be renamed...

texaspackerbacker
07-15-2020, 04:47 PM
They were gonna call it "the Hood" but then they remembered, he was a Confederate general.

George Cumby
07-15-2020, 11:31 PM
The Washington Tecumsehs.

It's a nice double entendre. Pay homage to a great Native American leader and a true American patriot who crushed an armed rebellion

Anti-Polar Bear
07-16-2020, 10:15 AM
Edited: Revised history.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-16-2020, 10:37 AM
Washington Redcoats.

Rastak
07-17-2020, 06:39 PM
Washington Redcoats.

I like the Red Tails.

texaspackerbacker
07-17-2020, 06:49 PM
And have an organgutan as their mascot.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-18-2020, 08:52 AM
And have an organgutan as their mascot.

Take it to FYI, yo.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-18-2020, 09:05 AM
I like the Red Tails.

Redtails and Redwolves seem to be the popular choices on the internet. But Redcoats is my choice. Honor the brave British troops who fought to preserve class and sophistry in America.

run pMc
07-18-2020, 02:27 PM
I keep thinking the Washington Gridlock, for obvious reasons. (Take it to the FYI! ;) )

RashanGary
07-18-2020, 02:48 PM
Redtails and Redwolves seem to be the popular choices on the internet. But Redcoats is my choice. Honor the brave British troops who fought to preserve class and sophistry in America.

Stfu :lol:

The brits are just like capitalistic America, drain the people of all they got, work em into the ground.

Don't candy coat tyranny because the people selling it sound sophisticated. That's how people end up with time shares and corrupt govt.

RashanGary
07-18-2020, 02:50 PM
I swear, apb, all Obama would have to do is sound sophisticated and intelligent and he could talk you into smiling while he stretched out your butt. Don't fall for surface charm, bud! You gon hurt yourself.

texaspackerbacker
07-18-2020, 04:43 PM
Take it to FYI, yo.

hahahaha That's not politics. Didn't you ever see Clyde in those Clint Eastwood movies? big red ass = red tail. Hop on over to the Brookfield Zoo - is that place still around?

George Cumby
07-18-2020, 10:02 PM
hahahaha That's not politics. Didn't you ever see Clyde in those Clint Eastwood movies? big red ass = red tail. Hop on over to the Brookfield Zoo - is that place still around?

You are legitimately stupid.

wist43
07-18-2020, 11:03 PM
Washington Kickbacks

texaspackerbacker
07-19-2020, 01:19 AM
You are legitimately stupid.

Stupid is ending the time honored name of Redskins in the first place - in addition, of course to an all world imbecile like you, you God damned lowlife piece of shit.

mraynrand
07-19-2020, 08:41 AM
Stupid is ending the time honored name of Redskins in the first place - in addition, of course to an all world imbecile like you, you God damned lowlife piece of shit.

Jesus loves you

George Cumby
07-19-2020, 09:23 AM

Lol. You make my point for me.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-19-2020, 09:42 AM
I swear, apb, all Obama would have to do is sound sophisticated and intelligent and he could talk you into smiling while he stretched out your butt. Don't fall for surface charm, bud! You gon hurt yourself.

I ain’t taking the bait, yo. I missed you - and Tex and Rand and pb - the last time I was exiled, and I’d rather not be exiled again. lol

Anti-Polar Bear
07-19-2020, 10:18 AM

Sorry, orangutan had me thinking FYI. ;)

Anyways, not to be a smart ass, but orangutans are apes, not monkeys. Evolution has pretty much annihilated tails from apes. It seems senseless to name a team the Redtails and use an orangutan as it’s mascot.

As for the Redtails, ole Ras meant naming the Washington NFL team after the Tuskegee Airmen, the all-black air force unit that was prominent in winning WW2 for Uncle Sam. Redtail would be woke, yo. Especially, honorable.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-19-2020, 10:34 AM
Btw, Mad, thanks for allowing me to return. Appreciate you hosting this fun site. :)

mraynrand
07-19-2020, 10:47 AM
Btw, Mad, thanks for allowing me to return. Appreciate you hosting this fun site. :)

He should have kept me banned. This place is no good for me.

BRING BLACK PBMAX*

*I think he is choosing not to return?

George Cumby
07-19-2020, 11:06 AM

BRING BLACK PBMAX*

Can't we all just get along?

run pMc
07-19-2020, 11:15 AM
My first thought re: Red tails is the hawk. The Tuskegee Airmen homage wouldn't be bad, but I suspect it would be lost on many.
I'm sure many Native Americans and race-aware people don't find "Redskins" very honoring.

Was about to fall down a potential FYI rabbit hole, but I'll side step it and just say that at one point the Packers were the Acme Packers, not the Green Bay Packers. Many team change names, it's ok.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-19-2020, 11:30 AM

BRING BLACK PBMAX*

Based on post counts, you, pb and woodbuck appear to be the backbone of this site. Ole Woody has betrayed us for a Packer group on Facebook. Pb appears AWOL, but hopefully he returns in time to contribute to my official week 1 gameday thread. Yes, I have dips on the week 1 GD thread. Don’t want thunderdan getting the chance to start the GD thread for 19 straight weeks, cos, y’all know, he thinks he better than us all cos he has season tickets.

Better not leave us, rand. Or we’ll crumble!

Btw, run pMc is underrated. He makes good football posts, yet doesn’t get enough attention.

mraynrand
07-19-2020, 01:58 PM
. Ole Woody has betrayed us for a Packer group on Facebook.

Heaven help those poor souls

mraynrand
07-19-2020, 02:03 PM
Based on post counts, you, pb and woodbuck appear to be the backbone of this site. Ole Woody has betrayed us for a Packer group on Facebook. Pb appears AWOL, but hopefully he returns in time to contribute to my official week 1 gameday thread. Yes, I have dips on the week 1 GD thread. Don’t want thunderdan getting the chance to start the GD thread for 19 straight weeks, cos, y’all know, he thinks he better than us all cos he has season tickets.

Better not leave us, rand. Or we’ll crumble!

Btw, run pMc is underrated. He makes good football posts, yet doesn’t get enough attention.

I Kinda hate to share this but I just installed a digital antenna in anticipation of getting rid of DirecTV. I will not be doing the NFL package anymore. The wife and I are writing up a letter to the Packer organization. Our kids were in the season ticket queue and we’re dropping that too. I’m giving up on the Packers and the NFL. Don’t like it but I’m done cheering for people who hate my guts. Maybe they will come to their senses, but I doubt it. Even in that case, I find myself caring less and less as the years go by.

mraynrand
07-19-2020, 05:16 PM
BTW, won’t say any more on Packer forum but if interested ask me in FYI.

mraynrand
07-19-2020, 10:43 PM
. Pb appears AWOL, but hopefully he returns in time to contribute to my official week 1 gameday thread.

Packerrats is hurtin’ without PBmax.

Freak Out
07-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Yes it is.

call_me_ishmael
07-19-2020, 11:50 PM
I Kinda hate to share this but I just installed a digital antenna in anticipation of getting rid of DirecTV. I will not be doing the NFL package anymore. The wife and I are writing up a letter to the Packer organization. Our kids were in the season ticket queue and we’re dropping that too. I’m giving up on the Packers and the NFL. Don’t like it but I’m done cheering for people who hate my guts. Maybe they will come to their senses, but I doubt it. Even in that case, I find myself caring less and less as the years go by.

Who hates your guts? lol. This is so stupid. I can personally assure that nobody on the Packers gives a flying fuck about you Bubba.

texaspackerbacker
07-20-2020, 12:15 AM
Sorry, orangutan had me thinking FYI. ;)

Anyways, not to be a smart ass, but orangutans are apes, not monkeys. Evolution has pretty much annihilated tails from apes. It seems senseless to name a team the Redtails and use an orangutan as it’s mascot.

As for the Redtails, ole Ras meant naming the Washington NFL team after the Tuskegee Airmen, the all-black air force unit that was prominent in winning WW2 for Uncle Sam. Redtail would be woke, yo. Especially, honorable.

Oh. I thought he was referring to red-tailed hawks - birds. Whatever.

I lack the ability to post pics - like some lame-assed posters in here, but I did find a link with pics of what I was jokingly talking about https://www.google.com/search?q=ape+with+red+bottom&oq=ape+with+red+&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l7.8359j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8. I don't know about the evolutionary expertise you exhibited, but I think orangutans have that red ass more than other simeons. In any case, whatever. They never shoulda been so stupid - and "woke", which is an extreme form of stupidity - to change the name in the first place. But since the damned deed is apparently done, naming the team for the Tuskegee Airmen ain't too bad an idea.

texaspackerbacker
07-20-2020, 12:20 AM
The God damned vegetarians better not even think about forcing the Packers to change their name hahahahaha.

Add me to the list who miss pbmax.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-20-2020, 09:11 AM
Oh. I thought he was referring to red-tailed hawks - birds. Whatever.

I lack the ability to post pics - like some lame-assed posters in here, but I did find a link with pics of what I was jokingly talking about https://www.google.com/search?q=ape+with+red+bottom&oq=ape+with+red+&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l7.8359j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8. I don't know about the evolutionary expertise you exhibited, but I think orangutans have that red ass more than other simeons. In any case, whatever. They never shoulda been so stupid - and "woke", which is an extreme form of stupidity - to change the name in the first place. But since the damned deed is apparently done, naming the team for the Tuskegee Airmen ain't too bad an idea.

First of all, screw you for making me look ass pics of baboons. That said, baboons are monkeys, which is why they have tails. Orangutans are apes and apes lack tail. Prof Rand, biologist, agrees.

“Redskins” is an offensive, racist and derogative term. Snyder only opted to “retire” the name after his greed-fucked pig sponsors somehow became woke and threatened to boycott the team. Regardless, I’m glad “Redskins” is about to be history.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-20-2020, 09:37 AM

You could do what ole Tex does yearly and start a new DTV account each season. Or bluff and threaten to cancel your current account altogether. ATT likely will give you the Sunday Tix for free or at a discounted price to discourage you from cutting the cords.

But if you’re like me, and you’re disgusted at the NFL for it’s unjust treatment of Kap, then yes, more power to you for getting rid of DTV, especially the Sunday Tix. :)

texaspackerbacker
07-20-2020, 11:01 AM
First of all, screw you for making me look ass pics of baboons. That said, baboons are monkeys, which is why they have tails. Orangutans are apes and apes lack tail. Prof Rand, biologist, agrees.

“Redskins” is an offensive, racist and derogative term. Snyder only opted to “retire” the name after his greed-fucked pig sponsors somehow became woke and threatened to boycott the team. Regardless, I’m glad “Redskins” is about to be history.

You're welcome hahahaha - you probably enjoyed it. Thanks for the zoological info. You must have minored in Biology along with your Accounting. I minored in Geology along with Business and Econ., so I'm not up on baboons, etc. (no pun intended on the word "up"). You should know from your other expressed area of expertise, though, "tail" doesn't always mean that wagging thing.

As for your last paragraph, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I guess you're on the side of those "greed-fucked pig sponsors", huh? That must be kinda uncomfortable for you hahahahaha.

The best name I've seen was the Washington Orangeskins. The logo was the same but with somebody else's pic replacing the Indian head. I bet you can't guess who. I'd say, but like you, I don't want to get banned for politics.

mraynrand
07-22-2020, 10:57 AM
DC Comics?

Copyright problem.

Might be ""http://DCSentinels.com"

DCSentinels creates a problem too. The Sentinels are X-men foes - that's Marvel. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0d/b8/f8/0db8f84001e4ebbd2a758d31d24d408a.jpg

falco
07-22-2020, 08:26 PM
pb left? why is this place even still here then?

George Cumby
07-27-2020, 12:05 PM
Packerrats is hurtin’.

FTFY.

I don't disagree with your original point.

mraynrand
07-27-2020, 02:01 PM
FTFY.

I don't disagree with your original point.

I think my original point was that mustard makes tater tots mighty tasty. That point?

QBME
07-27-2020, 09:19 PM
BTW, won’t say any more on Packer forum but if interested ask me in FYI.

OK.

Whoops.

Whatever.

George Cumby
07-27-2020, 11:00 PM
I think my original point was that mustard makes tater tots mighty tasty. That point?

Hell, naw.

What are you, some kind of barbarian?