PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Free Agency Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

call_me_ishmael
03-10-2019, 08:29 PM
I would 100% try to do both Houston and Ford and draft an edgeh at 12. Just reboot the position fully.

red
03-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Houston Or Ford?

Ford is younger and more explosive at this point. However, he would probably cost a 2nd round pick and more money

Houston hasn't had double-digit sacks since 2014. However, he did have 5 FF, and PFF rated him the #14 EDGE rusher in 2018.

houston had 9.5 sacks in 15 games 2 yeas ago and 9 sacks in 12 games last season

2014 seems to be a freak year for him with 22 sacks, otherwise hes been right around 10 sacks a season

i wouldn't mind either of the 2 guys, they are better then what we've had. i'm guessing ford might cost a lot more though

Joemailman
03-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Tomorrow begins the "legal tampering period" when teams can enter into talks with FA's. signings can start at 4 PM on Wednesday.

pbmax
03-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Speculation is that Houston is going to better his $15 mil salary from this contract with his next. There were six teams inquiring.

They aren’t doing both Ford and Houston.

Deputy Nutz
03-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Speculation is that Houston is going to better his $15 mil salary from this contract with his next. There were six teams inquiring.

They aren’t doing both Ford and Houston.

That's disgusting

red
03-11-2019, 08:34 AM
Just read that the packers and bears are interested in mark ingram

run pMc
03-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Just read that the packers and bears are interested in mark ingram

Oh hell no. Either that's his agent leaking that or Gute is just asking to help determine the market. IMO the Packers would be better off spending a mid round pick on a RB. Cheaper, younger, less mileage, more years on the contract. Besides, how does Ingram fit what they want to do (run the outside zone)? He's more of a hammer than a speedster.

Would you rather keep Clay or Perry? With the lack of depth at OLB and the FA market, I have to think one of them stays. Fackrell as your most veteran OLB is alarming and uninspiring.

Earl Thomas has had 2 leg injuries in his last 3 seasons. He's 29, probably lost a step (at least), and wants stupid money. I just don't see it.

Carolina_Packer
03-11-2019, 11:53 AM
That's disgusting

Have you driven a Ford lately? :wink:

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Former New England Patriots left tackle Trent Brown intends to sign a four-year, $66 million contract that includes $36.75 million guaranteed with the Oakland Raiders, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The $16.5 million average annual value of the deal is the highest for an offensive lineman in the NFL. The Tennessee Titans' Taylor Lewan has a $16 million average on his contract.

Brown will take over the Raiders' left tackle job, and former first-round pick Kolton Miller is expected to slide over to right tackle.

The deal can't officially be announced until Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET, when the 2019 league year begins.

Free Agency is here!

Fritz
03-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Free Agency is here!

Let the stupidity begin!

The Raiders don't make any sense. They dump their best player because, what, he was going to cost too much? They were rebuilding?

Then they trade for a diva wide receiver who wants more, more, more money, and now they dump a boatload of cash on a free agent left tackle?

They're rebuilding. They're not rebuilding.

I read yesterday that Mike Mayock is the GM of the Raiders. Mike Mayock? As in the media draft guy? Did I know that? Is that really the same guy who blabbed about mock drafts for years?

Geez. That'd be like some TV reality show star getting the job of President of the United States.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

jklowan
03-11-2019, 02:23 PM
so much for the Collins dream, Redskins lavish 6-year, $84M deal on Collins (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines#news-8896886)

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

jklowan
03-11-2019, 02:32 PM
and to make matters worse looks like Flowers to the Lions 5 years at 16-17 per, yikes crazy town has hit

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 02:39 PM
SS Landon Collins | NEW TEAM: Washington Redskins
6 years $84 million | OLD TEAM: New York Giants

Nickel CB Justin Coleman | NEW TEAM: Detroit Lions
4 years – $36 million | OLD TEAM: Seattle Seahawks

LB Kwon Alexander | NEW TEAM: San Francisco 49ers
4 years, $54 million | OLD TEAM: Tampa Bay Buccaneer

CB Kevin Johnson | NEW TEAM: Buffalo Bills
OLD TEAM: Houston Texans

OT Trent Brown | NEW TEAM: Oakland Raiders
four-year, $66 million | OLD TEAM: New England Patriots

WR Danny Amendola | NEW TEAM: Detroit Lions
1 year, $4.5 million | OLD TEAM: Miami Dolphins

S Eric Weddle | NEW TEAM: Los Angeles Rams
2 years, $10.5 million | OLD TEAM: Baltimore Ravens

DT Malik Jackson | NEW TEAM: Philadelphia Eagles
3 years – $30 million | OLD TEAM: Jacksonville Jaguars

DE Trey Flowers | NEW TEAM: Detroit Lions
OLD TEAM: New England Patriots

And....they're off!

jklowan
03-11-2019, 02:42 PM
the Packers are off to the typical start
Packers tendered exclusive rights free agent WR Jake Kumerow
Packers tendered exclusive rights free agent TE Robert Tonyan.

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 02:45 PM
the Packers are off to the typical start
Packers tendered exclusive rights free agent WR Jake Kumerow
Packers tendered exclusive rights free agent TE Robert Tonyan.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/resizer/JKMabsOWrVKr8mQKa8GMzI3hueE=/1200x0/filters:quality(80)/arc-anglerfish-tgam-prod-tgam.s3.amazonaws.com/public/P4JYR5XLXNC6DNPBKZST33O4ZQ

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 02:56 PM

Supposedly includes 27 million guaranteed. Alexander is coming off a torn ACL from last October. That's rolling the dice.

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 03:40 PM
WR Jamison Crowder | NEW TEAM: New York Jets
Terms undisclosed | OLD TEAM: Washington Redskins

TE Jesse James | NEW TEAM: Detroit Lions
OLD TEAM: Pittsburgh Steelers.

call_me_ishmael
03-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, Packers, and other generally competitive teams sitting on their hands right now. This is stupid money for not great players. 2 years 65% of these dudes will be cut.

run pMc
03-11-2019, 04:22 PM
Let the stupidity begin!

The Raiders don't make any sense. They dump their best player because, what, he was going to cost too much? They were rebuilding?

Then they trade for a diva wide receiver who wants more, more, more money, and now they dump a boatload of cash on a free agent left tackle?

They're rebuilding. They're not rebuilding.

I read yesterday that Mike Mayock is the GM of the Raiders. Mike Mayock? As in the media draft guy? Did I know that? Is that really the same guy who blabbed about mock drafts for years?

Geez. That'd be like some TV reality show star getting the job of President of the United States.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

LMAO

run pMc
03-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, Packers, and other generally competitive teams sitting on their hands right now. This is stupid money for not great players. 2 years 65% of these dudes will be cut.

Yup.

Of those listed above, the Weddle and maybe Malik Jackson contracts are the only non-stinkers.
Jackson and Fletcher Cox, Derek Barnett, and Chris Long (and Brandon Graham IIRC) is a pretty good group. Weddle's smarts/experience will mitigate his fading athleticism, and means LA doesn't have to sign LaMarcus Joyner to a stupid contract.

That Trent Brown signing is egregious, and Landon Collins won't see all $84M of that. Plus, LOL Detroit.

pbmax
03-11-2019, 06:40 PM
Jim OwIdontKnowHowToSpellIt
Key #Packers nuggets from PK:
* Tried to acquire Za'Darius Smith from the #Ravens at some juncture the last four seasons (they drafted Jake Ryan seven spots after Smith in 2015) and...
* Free agent guard Rodger Safford looking for those biiigg bags.

PK is Peter King in Football Night in America column on Pro Football Talk brought to you by Tostitos and Mean Joe Green.

Bretsky
03-11-2019, 07:36 PM
Adam Humphries 4 Yr 36 MIL sounds like it's done to TN

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 07:55 PM
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/03/11/packers-free-agency-tracker-all-latest-updates-green-bay/3096551002/

Packers have until Wednesday to offer either a first-round ($4.07 million), second-round ($3.095) or original-round ($2.025) deal to these players. They are free to negotiate with other teams and agree to a contract. If the Packers put a tender on the player but choose not to match, they will receive the tendered compensation. Allison and Brice were undrafted players, however, so an original-round tender would yield no draft compensation if they sign elsewhere.

» Geronimo Allison, WR

» Kentrell Brice, S

So I'm guessing a 2nd round tender for Allison, and no tender for Brice.

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 07:58 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/11/packers-potentially-interested-in-cordarrelle-patterson/

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network mentioned the Green Bay Packers as one of the teams potentially interested in New England Patriots running back/receiver/returner Cordarrelle Patterson, a former top pick of the Minnesota Vikings.

Over 15 games with the Patriots last season, Patterson rushed 42 times for 228 yards and a touchdown and caught 21 passes for 247 yards and three more scores. He also returned 23 kickoffs for 663 yards and one touchdown.

Overall, Patterson produced six plays from scrimmage over 20 yards and two kickoffs over 40 yards.

He had one of his most productive games of the season against the Packers in November, carrying 11 times for 61 yards and a touchdown.

The Packers could see Patterson as a dangerous dual-threat running back capable of adding depth at running back, big-play ability at receiver and reliability returning kickoffs.

Patterson might also be an ideal fit in Matt LaFleur’s offense, given his speed and after-the-catch ability, especially on short passes. His maturation at running back could make for a nice complement to what the Packers already have in Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams.

pbmax
03-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Silverstein
The #Packers had talks with recently released #Jaguars safety Tashaun Gipson, but it appears he will be signing elsewhere, a source said. Unclear if the price got too high or he had a preferred team. #Packers were interested in meeting with him, but it didn't happen.

pbmax
03-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Michael Cohen
#Packers are interested in bring back safety Ibraheim Campbell, an unrestricted free agent who played well after being claimed off waivers. Campbell is recovering from a torn ACL in Week 13 and would be ready to sign closer to training camp. Mike Pettine really likes him.

Just lower your expectations already.

pbmax
03-11-2019, 08:16 PM
PackerReport
Top three slots, in my mind, were Humphries, Crowder and Cobb. Top two are gone now.

Free agency is still dumb.

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @NFLTotalAccess : The #Chiefs pulled off a surprise, prying Tyrann Mathieu from the #Texans and making him tied for the highest-paid safety on a 3-year deal at $14M per year. .

pbmax
03-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Schefter
Former Vikings’ LB Anthony Barr intends to sign with the NY Jets, per league source. Jets get a pass rusher.

call_me_ishmael
03-11-2019, 10:12 PM
Seriously, most of those contracts are crazy. I highly doubt most players see beyond the 3rd year of them before they're reneg'd or on another team. I have no problem at all with Gooter sitting on his hands for this. It seems like football has gone the way of capitalism where 3-5 players make all the money on the team and everyone else gets the scraps. I get why the Eagles, Chiefs and Rams are doing what they do, though. If you have that cheap QB and some talent, you gotta make a run at it.

RashanGary
03-11-2019, 10:21 PM
If Rodgers can take good care of his body and last to 40, that contract is gonna look good a year or two from now. We might get one more window. I’d be very happy with 2 more SB out of him even if that’s it.

wist43
03-11-2019, 11:09 PM
If Rodgers can take good care of his body and last to 40, that contract is gonna look good a year or two from now. We might get one more window. I’d be very happy with 2 more SB out of him even if that’s it.

I think Rodgers is done... my opinion of him has gone from 100 to 17 in just the span of 1 season.

He'll continue to put up decent numbers; but, I don't think he cares about winning anymore. I think the next few years are going to be very frustrating for Packer fans.

RashanGary
03-12-2019, 12:29 AM
I think Rodgers is done... my opinion of him has gone from 100 to 17 in just the span of 1 season.

He'll continue to put up decent numbers; but, I don't think he cares about winning anymore. I think the next few years are going to be very frustrating for Packer fans.

I think he became weirdly perfectionist with interceptions. He set the all time record for lowest interception percentage in a season last year. Also it was the fewest ever by a qb in 16 games (2)

So I think he wanted to do that. I hope the Lafleur can get him to let that go and play more aggressively.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-12-2019, 04:09 AM
PackerReport
Top three slots, in my mind, were Humphries, Crowder and Cobb. Top two are gone now.

Free agency is still dumb.

Word. The White, Dotson, Jones, Robinson, Pickett, Woodson signings all defined idiocy.

Draft and fucking development all day, baby! Polar Bearism trumps Belichickism.

Btw, if Cobbs doesn’t return, I want Cole Beasley in the Green and Gold! Packers could use a short, white, quick-as-a-cat slot man to represent the Aryan Race. :)

Joemailman
03-12-2019, 06:50 AM
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday morning that Gang Green (Jets) is expected to sign former Baltimore Ravens linebacker C.J. Mosley to a massive five-year, $85 million contract with $51 million guaranteed, per sources informed of the agreement.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l1p72K31UmzNC/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c879cc6364c69436b9336d1

Fritz
03-12-2019, 07:07 AM
Schefter
Former Vikings’ LB Anthony Barr intends to sign with the NY Jets, per league source. Jets get a pass rusher.

The two teams making the biggest splash so far are the Jets and the Lions.

As Dick the Bruiser used to say on Detroit radio back in the 80's, "Hmmm...what does this mean?"

Deputy Nutz
03-12-2019, 08:12 AM
SS Landon Collins | NEW TEAM: Washington Redskins
6 years $84 million | OLD TEAM: New York Giants

Nickel CB Justin Coleman | NEW TEAM: Detroit Lions
4 years – $36 million | OLD TEAM: Seattle Seahawks

CB Kevin Johnson | NEW TEAM: Buffalo Bills
OLD TEAM: Houston Texans

OT Trent Brown | NEW TEAM: Oakland Raiders
four-year, $66 million | OLD TEAM: New England Patriots

WR Danny Amendola | NEW TEAM: Detroit Lions
1 year, $4.5 million | OLD TEAM: Miami Dolphins

S Eric Weddle | NEW TEAM: Los Angeles Rams
2 years, $10.5 million | OLD TEAM: Baltimore Ravens

DT Malik Jackson | NEW TEAM: Philadelphia Eagles
3 years – $30 million | OLD TEAM: Jacksonville Jaguars

DE Trey Flowers | NEW TEAM: Detroit Lions
OLD TEAM: New England Patriots

This is not a blueprint for success in the NFL.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 08:25 AM
Packers expected to sign S Adrian Amos and OLB Za'Darius Smith. Numbers not released yet.

Sparkey
03-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Packers expected to sign S Adrian Amos and OLB Za'Darius Smith. Numbers not released yet.

Two nice signings. Per Pro Football Focus, Amos rated as the #8 safety out of 93 qualifying players in 2018

Smith rated in the top 3rd of all edge rushers in 2018, starting only 8 games.

bobblehead
03-12-2019, 08:37 AM

As long as we didn't overpay these are 2 solid if not spectacular players. Now we need a guard to open up the draft to go BPA.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 08:41 AM
Interesting notes: I read that Smith is 6'4" 272. I vaguely remember Pettine liking bigger OLBs with the Jets. Smith seems to be a good fit for Pettine.

PFF's top three safeties over the last three years: Earl Thomas, Harrison Smith, Adrian Amos

Deputy Nutz
03-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Amos has been Wist's guy all along.

Something I just read that Smith's works out to like 16 million per. Balls, that's a lot of money.

Also Smith is a "Last Chance U" kid. I don't think he was on the show, but he did go to East Mississippi St.

wist43
03-12-2019, 09:03 AM
Love both of those signings!!!

I haven't talked much about Snith, but he was on my list of edge rushers that I wanted. Figured he'd be too expensive, so that's why I focused on Barrett.

Amos can play... makes us better, and takes away a good player from Chicago.

Well done Gute!!!

Anti-Polar Bear
03-12-2019, 09:19 AM

I’ve been boycotting the NFL. Only non-Pack game I watched last season was Bears-Lions, and that lasted about 10 minutes.

Seriously, who the fuck are Amos and Smith? They sound like two Depression Era wanderers.

Somebody, Facebook me when the Packers sign Earl Thomas.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 09:28 AM
Packers also sign OLB Preston Smith - who I like. He's not a dynamic pass rusher, but he's solid all around and durable. He's another bigger OLB for Pettine. This is fun.

Goodbye Clay, Nick Perry, and Tramon Williams.

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Also some speculation the Pack is in a small group for Leveon Bell.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 09:40 AM

Not sure they can afford Bell after these deals. Speculation that the Packers are interested in RET/WR/RB Cordarrelle Patterson and RB Mark Ingram.

Both Smith's are 6'4" 270+.

Packers4Glory
03-12-2019, 09:46 AM
draft will be offensive heavy

Anti-Polar Bear
03-12-2019, 09:46 AM

Now that’s a name I’m familiar with. Get it done!

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2019, 09:53 AM
I would be shocked if they don’t go defense at 12. Hoping for Oliver for the FSU edgie.

Tony Oday
03-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Wow the Packers giving second contract deals, this is a different front office for sure!

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Now that’s a name I’m familiar with. Get it done!

I guess we'll have to see how Ball structured these deals to see what's left.

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2019, 09:58 AM
24 replies 68 retweets 494 likes
Reply 24 Retweet 68 Like 494

Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
12m12 minutes ago
More
The #Packers are signing LB Preston Smith to a 4-year deal worth a base value of $52M, source said. He gets $16M to sign. He gets $27.5M over the first two years.

89 replies 343 retweets 1,131 likes
Reply 89 Retweet 343 Like 1.1K

Sparkey
Preston Smith
4 year deal base value of 52M
16M signing bonus
27.5M over 1st two years

pittstang5
Not sure they can afford Bell after these deals. Speculation that the Packers are interested in RET/WR/RB Cordarrelle Patterson and RB Mark Ingram.

Trade Perry - What can we get for him?

I hope they still draft one of the upper tier edge rushers.

Deputy Nutz
03-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Packers won't get anything for Perry on the trade market. He makes too much money.

Deputy Nutz
03-12-2019, 10:04 AM
They signed two linebackers with the last name Smith. Shit is about to get confusing

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Packers also sign OG Billy Turner. He's athletic, but was a disappointment for Miami. Not sure how he did in Denver. Have followed him because he went to North Dakota State.

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
7m7 minutes ago
More
The #Packers are signing former #Bears S Adrian Amos to a 4-year deal worth $37M, source said. He gets $21M in the first two years.

45 replies 128 retweets 439 likes
Reply 45 Retweet 128 Like 439

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Looked up Turner. Looks like he turned his career around last year a bit and started a bunch of games for Denver.

PFF graded him as the #33 out of 77 starting OGs last year. Denver wanted to resign him and Arizona had interest in him. He can kick out to OT also. Probably be a good depth piece but will compete for starting RG.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 10:25 AM

Would like a list of evidence you have for this mind reading wonder of an assertion.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 10:28 AM

Who was pimping Amos last week? Nice job!

And a shoutout to Peter King for the Smith nugget.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Love both of those signings!!!

I haven't talked much about Snith, but he was on my list of edge rushers that I wanted. Figured he'd be too expensive, so that's why I focused on Barrett.

Amos can play... makes us better, and takes away a good player from Chicago.

Well done Gute!!!

Nice call on Amos you pessimistic bastard!

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Turner deal looks like 4 years max $29.5 million.

Sparkey
03-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Billy Turner
4 Yrs 28M

pbmax
03-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Packers also sign OLB Preston Smith - who I like. He's not a dynamic pass rusher, but he's solid all around and durable. He's another bigger OLB for Pettine. This is fun.

Goodbye Clay, Nick Perry, and Tramon Williams.

I think they keep Tramon. Still need another safety and CB depth. No?

pbmax
03-12-2019, 10:35 AM

Is Zadarius a true 2 point stance OLB or is he Suggs/Ware/Miller 3 point stance 98% of the time?

pbmax
03-12-2019, 10:37 AM
Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
7m7 minutes ago
More
The #Packers are signing former #Bears S Adrian Amos to a 4-year deal worth $37M, source said. He gets $21M in the first two years.

45 replies 128 retweets 439 likes
Reply 45 Retweet 128 Like 439

Compared to other safety deals this FA period, that is not bad. Gets downright reasonable in last two years. Perfect Packer contract.

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Looked up Turner. Looks like he turned his career around last year a bit and started a bunch of games for Denver.

PFF graded him as the #33 out of 77 starting OGs last year. Denver wanted to resign him and Arizona had interest in him. He can kick out to OT also. Probably be a good depth piece but will compete for starting RG.

For paying him 7M a year, he'd better not just compete at RG, he better be a very solid starting RG.

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2019, 10:40 AM
Packers joining the fray with a bunch of shitty and desperate teams. Let's hope this isn't a sign they'll be consistently joining them after a two year stretch of being in the shitty team club.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 10:41 AM
For paying him 7M a year, he'd better not just compete at RG, he better be a very solid starting RG.

I still think Lucas Patrick can do it.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 10:41 AM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Packers are releasing Nick Perry after agreeing to terms Preston Smith and ZaDarius Smith. Was set to make $11M this season. Will b e a market for him for sure. Young enough and is healthy after battling injuries in 2018

Anti-Polar Bear
03-12-2019, 10:44 AM
Packers are releasing Nick Perry after agreeing to terms Preston Smith and ZaDarius Smith. Was set to make $11M this season. Will b e a market for him for sure. Young enough and is healthy after battling injuries in 2018

SMH. Harrison Smith.

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2019, 10:44 AM
These moves could also allow..........wait for it...........the Pack to maybe even trade UP in the first round with all these areas of need already addressed and go get a real difference maker if they see one up there in the top 10.

Deputy Nutz
03-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Packers just signed like 180 million dollars in contracts.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Packers just signed like 180 million dollars in contracts.

Worry not. Packers have $200 M in an offshore bank earning interests faster than the speed of fuck. As for the cap, it can always be cooked.

Bell and Thomas better sign with the Pack by the end of the day. And Cole Fucking Beasley, too.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Vikings were interested in Turner also. He's a local kid from the Twin Cities.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-12-2019, 10:59 AM
These moves could also allow..........wait for it...........the Pack to maybe even trade UP in the first round with all these areas of need already addressed and go get a real difference maker if they see one up there in the top 10.

I haven’t done any draft research yet, and by that I mean do what Nutz does and simply watch YouTube highlight reels, but any hotshot, diva WR worth trading up for?

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Bye Felicia, we will not miss you. The walking wounded.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Packers are giving former Broncos' OL Billy Turner a four-year, $28 million deal with a max value of $29.5, including $11 million in year one, per source.

A LOT of tape eaters are doubtful about this guy. Speculation is that college scouts (including the O line expert they got from the Ravens) loved the kid as a prospect and then ignore 4-5 years of actual NFL football.

We'll see. I have never watched him.

3irty1
03-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Za'Darius Smith's contract is 4 years 66M, 20M in signing bonus.

That's outrageous. I'm all for spending money on good players as this is preferable to what we've been doing, but this guy has a Fackrell-like resume.

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2019, 11:41 AM
These are two year contracts me thinks. They'll still go ham on edgies.

deake
03-12-2019, 11:43 AM
From the looks of it, signing 2 traditional ends might mean a change in our defense. We might be seeing a more traditional 4 man line.

Fritz
03-12-2019, 11:47 AM
From the looks of it, signing 2 traditional ends might mean a change in our defense. We might be seeing a more traditional 4 man line.

Wist's wife better get on him - literally. He's probably quite excited right about now.

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Worry not. Packers have $200 M in an offshore bank earning interests faster than the speed of fuck. As for the cap, it can always be cooked.

Bell and Thomas better sign with the Pack by the end of the day. And Cole Fucking Beasley, too.

Sounds like Beasley signing with Bills.

Bossman641
03-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Throwing a lot of cash around.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Its a good question. Ravens run a hybrid front that is 3-4 in player type but 4-3 Under in alignment Suggs almost always had his hand on the ground.

Packers probably will sport same 3-4 personnel but 4-3 front alignment. Meaning two OLBs on edges but one looking awfully like a 4-3 DE with his hand down.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 12:40 PM
Interesting notes: I read that Smith is 6'4" 272. I vaguely remember Pettine liking bigger OLBs with the Jets. Smith seems to be a good fit for Pettine.

PFF's top three safeties over the last three years: Earl Thomas, Harrison Smith, Adrian Amos

Harv, you got a source on Pettine liking larger OLBs?

We knew he liked man outside and one quick and one big CB, but bigger EDGES is new info to me.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Harv, you got a source on Pettine liking larger OLBs?

We knew he liked man outside and one quick and one big CB, but bigger EDGES is new info to me.

Look at who his OLBs were with the Jets, Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas. Both went 6'4" 265. When he went to the Browns, one of the first things he said was that he wanted Mingo (their 1st round pick the year before) to add weight.

denverYooper
03-12-2019, 01:03 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-green-bay-packers-strengthen-their-defense-sign-adrian-amos-zadarius-smith-and-preston-smith-to-multi-year-deals

The Packers followed that up with not one, but two pass rushers to add to what was one of the league’s least effective edge groups last year. Green Bay’s edge group of Clay Matthews, Kyler Fackrell, Reggie Gilbert, and Nick Perry combined for a paltry 87 total pressures in 2018 on 1,028 pass-rushes. Preston and Za’Darius Smith combined for 113 on 926 pass-rushing snaps.

It comes at a price, but GB should be better at moving the QB off his spot this year.

It reminds me a little bit of when Schneider made a bunch of moves in Seattle to beef up their pass rush.

We'll see if it pans out.

pittstang5
03-12-2019, 01:07 PM
I read an article or two going into FA saying the Packers may target or should at least look at Preston Smith. Signing him was a pleasant surprise. I'm not so sure about the other Smith. Hopefully they both work out. This gives the Packers alot of options when they pick in April Even with that said, if there's a top Edge rusher at 12 or 30, take him! You can never have too many pass rushers.

Cheesehead Craig
03-12-2019, 01:28 PM
At least the Pack are doing something to fix their problems with proven guys. Very happy with the moves so far. I think we already are going to see a much better team next year.

But please, no Cordarrelle Patterson. While he may be a great return guy, he positively sucks as a WR.

Looks like Anthony Barr decided he no likey the Jets and stayed with the Vikes.

gbgary
03-12-2019, 01:32 PM
there seems to be a surprise cut, or two, on the horizon after these $45m+/year contracts.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 01:56 PM
At least the Pack are doing something to fix their problems with proven guys. Very happy with the moves so far. I think we already are going to see a much better team next year.

But please, no Cordarrelle Patterson. While he may be a great return guy, he positively sucks as a WR.

Looks like Anthony Barr decided he no likey the Jets and stayed with the Vikes.

At this point I think it's better to look at Patterson as a returner and RB who can play some slot.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Fuck! Cole Beasley signs with Bills.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Sounds like Beasley signing with Bills.

Yeah, just found out. I'd be jolly if Cobb returns.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Mark Ingram still in play for Packers apparently.

Sparkey
03-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Packers are giving former Broncos' OL Billy Turner a four-year, $28 million deal with a max value of $29.5, including $11 million in year one, per source.

A LOT of tape eaters are doubtful about this guy. Speculation is that college scouts (including the O line expert they got from the Ravens) loved the kid as a prospect and then ignore 4-5 years of actual NFL football.

We'll see. I have never watched him.

...After battling through some injuries, Turner finally got the chance to show what he could do in 2018 and earned this new contract with strong play both as a pass protector and run blocker.

Despite playing multiple positions on an injury-riddled line, Turner allowed just three sacks in over 800 total snaps and in my opinion, he did his best work as a pass protector as a tackle.

To show just how far he has come, Turner was cut in Miami after allowing three sacks…in a single game.

He has clearly developed and is on pace to become the player many thought he could be coming from the NDSU program.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2019/03/12/green-bay-packers-getting-ol-billy-turner/

Teamcheez1
03-12-2019, 04:15 PM
...After battling through some injuries, Turner finally got the chance to show what he could do in 2018 and earned this new contract with strong play both as a pass protector and run blocker.

Despite playing multiple positions on an injury-riddled line, Turner allowed just three sacks in over 800 total snaps and in my opinion, he did his best work as a pass protector as a tackle.

To show just how far he has come, Turner was cut in Miami after allowing three sacks…in a single game.

He has clearly developed and is on pace to become the player many thought he could be coming from the NDSU program.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2019/03/12/green-bay-packers-getting-ol-billy-turner/

They are bringing him in as a mentor and role model for Spriggs.....

pbmax
03-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Look at who his OLBs were with the Jets, Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas. Both went 6'4" 265. When he went to the Browns, one of the first things he said was that he wanted Mingo (their 1st round pick the year before) to add weight.

Ok. That makes those Jets guys an inch taller that either Packer. But Perry outweighs both.

Maybe he likes more leverage and wing span?

Carolina_Packer
03-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Mark Ingram still in play for Packers apparently.

I know that he's better than Jamaal Williams, but Williams is cheaper and may be good enough. Of course, Lafleur knows what works best in his offense. I was reading that Ingram is being sought after by the Ravens.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 04:20 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-green-bay-packers-strengthen-their-defense-sign-adrian-amos-zadarius-smith-and-preston-smith-to-multi-year-deals

It comes at a price, but GB should be better at moving the QB off his spot this year.

It reminds me a little bit of when Schneider made a bunch of moves in Seattle to beef up their pass rush.

We'll see if it pans out.

They should have both Smiths throw Fackrell or a cheaply re-signed Matthews at the QB at the snap.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Ok. That makes those Jets guys an inch taller that either Packer. But Perry outweighs both.

Maybe he likes more leverage and wing span?

Perry seems perfect for the system. Can't stay healthy.

esoxx
03-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Well done Slim Matt. Well done.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2019, 04:49 PM
I know that he's better than Jamaal Williams, but Williams is cheaper and may be good enough. Of course, Lafleur knows what works best in his offense. I was reading that Ingram is being sought after by the Ravens.

Jones can't stay healthy. Ingram is a good back. Underrated at this point, I think. Williams is a JAG. If Jones was more durable, Williams might work as the backup, but I don't really want him getting significant snaps.

Joemailman
03-12-2019, 05:19 PM
there seems to be a surprise cut, or two, on the horizon after these $45m+/year contracts.

I'm thinking Bulaga and maybe Tramon Williams.

red
03-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Can we make threads for each packer signing?

I had to dig back in this fucking thread to find out we are signing 3 nice players

Joemailman
03-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Can we make threads for each packer signing?

I had to dig back in this fucking thread to find out we are signing 3 nice players

Make it your mission.

red
03-12-2019, 06:00 PM
It’s nice seeing us actually addressing needs for a change

pbmax
03-12-2019, 06:55 PM
It’s nice seeing us actually addressing needs for a change

I hope it’s 2009 and not 2001 Joe Johnson.

wist43
03-12-2019, 10:52 PM
Wist's wife better get on him - literally. He's probably quite excited right about now.

LOL... mrs. wist is a pretty good sport, doesn't need any extra encouragement :)

wist43
03-12-2019, 11:06 PM
Well, I kinda feel like the dog that caught the car, lol - now that I caught it, what do I do with it?? LOL

We signed the guys i wanted - Amos and PSmith. I had Shaquil Barrett for the ZSmith signing b/c I thought ZSmith would be too expensive - and he was very pricey.

Now if they can snag White at 12, my offseason work will be done :)

My draft hopes for the first 3 picks are White/Burns at 12; Risner/MBrown at 30/44 in any order.

pbmax
03-12-2019, 11:33 PM
LeVeon signs for 4/52 with the Jets. His standoff, unlike Mack, Odell and AB does not payoff. Had more money on table with Steelers.

But be prepared for more of this to happen.

red
03-12-2019, 11:36 PM
LeVeon signs for 4/52 with the Jets. His standoff, unlike Mack, Odell and AB does not payoff. Had more money on table with Steelers.

his franchise he refused last year was for 14.5 million

he lost big

but i suppose he was just worried about the signing bonus

Fritz
03-13-2019, 07:15 AM

Why do I think this is all going to blow up on the Jest?

red
03-13-2019, 08:12 AM
Why do I think this is all going to blow up on the Jest?

cause its the jets?

pbmax
03-13-2019, 08:32 AM
his franchise he refused last year was for 14.5 million

he lost big

but i suppose he was just worried about the signing bonus

I think he might beat the franchise tag over the next two years but the longer term deal the Steelers offered was better.

Unless this is all signing bonus or guaranteed.

3irty1
03-13-2019, 08:45 AM

I wouldn't say Bell's moves didn't pay off. He could have earned more money, but not while exposing himself to less risk. Knowing the shelf life of NFL running backs the number that matters is the 35M guaranteed he just got.

Rastak
03-13-2019, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't say Bell's moves didn't pay off. He could have earned more money, but not while exposing himself to less risk. Knowing the shelf life of NFL running backs the number that matters is the 35M guaranteed he just got.

I agree with this. I think as I recall the Steelers actual guarantee as solid as this and had certain outs for the team which rendered them pointless.

SavedByGrace
03-13-2019, 09:16 AM
Methinks with these OLB signings they might sign Matthews back and just permanently move him to Inside where he had more success anyhow. I really would like to see Martinez and Matthews inside than any other backers we have. I think Matthews has some left in the tank.

Guiness
03-13-2019, 09:26 AM

It didn’t pay off in the big way that Mack and co (which now includes Beckham) got theirs but I don’t think he did as badly as it looks at first blush. The number thrown around as the deal Pitt offered is 3yr/$45M, but it’s well known they do not give guarantees after the first year.

He was probably hoping to cash in on the $20M/year train a lot of others have caught, but it looks like another RB will have to cross that line. He’ll be 30 after this contract and won’t see another one this big.

Deputy Nutz
03-13-2019, 09:48 AM
Methinks with these OLB signings they might sign Matthews back and just permanently move him to Inside where he had more success anyhow. I really would like to see Martinez and Matthews inside than any other backers we have. I think Matthews has some left in the tank.

He didn't have more success as an inside linebacker, he also disliked playing there. Matthews play at inside linebacker exposed the Packers defense more times than helped them. You can't have inside linebackers run underneath blocks and not make the tackle, it screws up the run fit for everyone else and creates huge plays for the offense. Casual fans see him make a tackle for a loss by undercutting a block and they think Clay is comparable to Ray Lewis, when in reality He missed the previous four plays by doing the same thing costing the Packers huge chunks of yards.

The only thing the inside position offered for Clay, was a different entry for blitz schemes. Meanwhile he is losing coverage responsibilities when not blitzing.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 10:28 AM

I agree with this. I think as I recall the Steelers actual guarantee as solid as this and had certain outs for the team which rendered them pointless.

Yes, the Steelers refused to fully guarantee beyond a certain point.

However, I did not see the $35 million dollar figure. If its all guaranteed (or all before the start of the season), then he did beat the Steelers "guarantees". If its all upfront of guaranteed.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 10:29 AM
He didn't have more success as an inside linebacker, he also disliked playing there. Matthews play at inside linebacker exposed the Packers defense more times than helped them. You can't have inside linebackers run underneath blocks and not make the tackle, it screws up the run fit for everyone else and creates huge plays for the offense. Casual fans see him make a tackle for a loss by undercutting a block and they think Clay is comparable to Ray Lewis, when in reality He missed the previous four plays by doing the same thing costing the Packers huge chunks of yards.

The only thing the inside position offered for Clay, was a different entry for blitz schemes. Meanwhile he is losing coverage responsibilities when not blitzing.

The defense played better with him in the middle though. Perry had a solid half year at OLB especially in the run game and Matthews was better than the other dreck at ILB in spite of his faults. That Defense was up past average by the playoffs.

It doesn't mean he is an actual ILB, but there have been worse debuts.

If they have a role for him in mind its what you hinted at (blitz position) and what someone else hinted at, ILB rover in a pass package. I'm not certain he can do that, he can drop to a spot in zone but he's not a man coverage LB. I still think he gets exposed by a good TE or RB in a pattern. Maybe underneath zone, he played some of that last year with Pettine.

Deputy Nutz
03-13-2019, 10:44 AM
I also think you are forgetting his dreadful tackling.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 10:47 AM
I also think you are forgetting his dreadful tackling.

He also debuted an ole pursuit tackle last year that was never explained. It was at the far side of the field so its hard to be sure, but it looked like he just ran by the guy and gave up. Its possible he had no angle. It was baffling.

But he still has some speed and quickness. He's a better football player than any other body at ILB except Martinez. So I still think he might return.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 10:48 AM
However,

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The #Redskins are going to release LB Zach Brown, source said. They shopped him and multiple teams expressed interest, but couldn't strike a deal. Should sign quickly now that he's free. A @pff favorite.

Packer Report @PackerReport
Packer Report Retweeted Tom Pelissero
I think he knows GB’s ILB coach.

Fritz
03-13-2019, 10:53 AM
However,

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The #Redskins are going to release LB Zach Brown, source said. They shopped him and multiple teams expressed interest, but couldn't strike a deal. Should sign quickly now that he's free. A @pff favorite.

Packer Report @PackerReport
Packer Report Retweeted Tom Pelissero
I think he knows GB’s ILB coach.

Like Colonel Klink, I know nussing. At least about Zach Brown. What's the word?

pbmax
03-13-2019, 11:28 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/zach-brown/7055

He's rated #3 inside and is 29. Good at coverage and run D. Not an overwhelming talent, but solid all around. The question for the Packers would be does he replace Martinez, or play next to him? Because there aren't many snaps for a 2nd ILB.

Carolina_Packer
03-13-2019, 11:31 AM
http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2015/article/zac-brown-band-announce-new-album-jekyll-hyde-and-2015-tour-dates-20150305/188045/medium_rect/1425572224/720x405-458822468.jpg

I don't know. How is his tackling?

Sparkey
03-13-2019, 11:32 AM
Like Colonel Klink, I know nussing. At least about Zach Brown. What's the word?

Zach Brown is Blake Martinez. No need to double up on similar players. GB needs a quicker type of player to play along side Martinez.

Teamcheez1
03-13-2019, 11:36 AM
Earl Thomas rumored to be signing with Ravens for 4 years, $55M, $32M guaranteed. No way would I have been happy if GB signed him for anywhere close to that.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 11:37 AM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Source: The #Ravens are signing Pro Bowl S Earl Thomas to a 4-year, $55M deal.

Carolina_Packer
03-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Zach Brown is Blake Martinez. No need to double up on similar players. GB needs a quicker type of player to play along side Martinez.

How good would Devin White look next to Martinez?

The Shadow
03-13-2019, 12:34 PM

Devin White is the guy I want - if there at 12.

Iron Mike
03-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Wait until the end to watch Preston Smith fuck up both the Queens and the Bears. You're welcome. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa4g2gyr7W0&t=303s

call_me_ishmael
03-13-2019, 03:23 PM
I love the idea of signing Eric Berry, at least the rookie Eric Berry 8 years ago.

Teamcheez1
03-13-2019, 04:09 PM
I love the idea of signing Eric Berry, at least the rookie Eric Berry 8 years ago.

Eric Berry played a total of 3 games the last 2 years. He makes Nick Perry look healthy.

Sparkey
03-13-2019, 04:48 PM

Devin White would be the perfect player to line up next to Martinez.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
The following #Packers players are now unrestricted free agents:

OL Byron Bell
CB Bashaud Breeland
S Kentrell Brice
S Ibraheim Campbell
WR Randall Cobb
CB Davon House
TE Lance Kendricks
TE Marcedes Lewis
OLB Clay Matthews
S Eddie Pleasant
ILB Jake Ryan
DE Muhammad Wilkerson

One note: Brice is now a "street" free agent who wouldn't count toward the compensatory formula. But you get the idea.

Spaulding
03-13-2019, 05:47 PM
The following #Packers players are now unrestricted free agents:

OL Byron Bell
CB Bashaud Breeland
S Kentrell Brice
S Ibraheim Campbell
WR Randall Cobb
CB Davon House
TE Lance Kendricks
TE Marcedes Lewis
OLB Clay Matthews
S Eddie Pleasant
ILB Jake Ryan
DE Muhammad Wilkerson

One note: Brice is now a "street" free agent who wouldn't count toward the compensatory formula. But you get the idea.

So does that mean they tendered Allison? Sorry if I missed that in other posts.

Joemailman
03-13-2019, 05:52 PM
So does that mean they tendered Allison? Sorry if I missed that in other posts.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/13/packers-give-wr-geronimo-allison-original-round-tender/

The Green Bay Packers have used the original-round tender on receiver Geronimo Allison, according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The one-year restricted tender is worth $2.025 million in 2019. It gives the Packers the right of first refusal if another team attempts to sign Allison, an undrafted free agent. However, if Allison and another team agree to an offer sheet and the Packers decide against matching, the Packers would lose Allison and receive no compensation in return.

Spaulding
03-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Thx

QBME
03-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Like Colonel Klink, I know nussing.

That was actually Sergeant Schultz. Just sayin'.
Pitiful that's all I have to contribute.

wist43
03-13-2019, 06:50 PM
That was actually Sergeant Schultz. Just sayin'.
Pitiful that's all I have to contribute.

No worries, I saw that too and was going to jump on him :)

Maybe John Banner could play DT??

wist43
03-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Devin White would be the perfect player to line up next to Martinez.

Devin White would be the perfect player to get Martinez off the field :)

Given our personnel, we should be running a lot more 3-3... White would be an awesome seek-and-destroy weapon in the middle of that alignment.

Freak Out
03-13-2019, 07:12 PM
Golden Tate still out there?

pbmax
03-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Packers are re-signing TE Marcedes Lewis to a one-year deal, per source.

Graham is going to be an H back. I just don't see the fit unless they motion him wide 95% of the time.

Jim Owczarski @JimOwczarski
Marcedes Lewis is headed back to the #Packers - fits a role Matt LaFleur has said is vital and has history with OC Nathaniel Hackett.

New guy getting the connection.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 07:29 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
This is interesting: Source says the #Bears are hosting #Redskins FA S HaHa Clinton-Dix tonight and tomorrow. The Skins have tried to re-sign him, but no deal yet...

Will be almost as good as Cutler was for the Pack.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 07:31 PM
49ers signing Tevin Coleman to a two-year, $10 million deal, per source.

pbmax
03-13-2019, 07:35 PM
Golden Tate still out there?

As of 6 hours ago he was.

247Sports @247Sports
The biggest names still available in NFL free agency:

Justin Houston
Golden Tate
Ndamukong Suh
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Ziggy Ansah
Jared Cook
Muhammad Wilkerson

https://t.co/C1soruHglg

Joemailman
03-13-2019, 07:50 PM
Packers sign Marcedes Lewis.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/13/packers-re-sign-veteran-te-marcedes-lewis-to-1-year-deal/

The Green Bay Packers are bringing back veteran tight end Marcedes Lewis with a one-year deal, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Lewis, who turns 35 in May, signed a one-year deal to join the Packers last summer. He played in all 16 games in 2018 but managed only three catches for 39 yards.

The return of Lewis will give new coach Matt LaFleur an accomplished and willing blocker at tight end behind Jimmy Graham. Although Lewis was underused last season, he could be of much greater use to LaFleur, who plans to install a run-heavy offense in Green Bay.

The move also reunites Lewis with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, who was in Jacksonville with Lewis during the 2016 and 2017 seasons. Lewis had one of his best professional seasons in 2017, catching five touchdown passes and helping the Jaguars lead the NFL in rushing yards.

Joemailman
03-13-2019, 08:50 PM
Chiefs release Eric Berry. What a player he was before injuries set in.

Joemailman
03-13-2019, 09:22 PM
Safety Earl Thomas signed a four-year, $55 million contract with the Ravens on Wednesday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the deal. ESPN first reported the pact.

The contract includes $32 million guaranteed and averages $14.33 million over the first three years, per Rapoport.

call_me_ishmael
03-13-2019, 10:41 PM
I don't think the Packers are close to done yet. It would not surprise me to see them sign a receiver like Golden Tate or one of the less-expensive-WR that's still available.

Joemailman
03-14-2019, 07:01 AM
I don't think the Packers are close to done yet. It would not surprise me to see them sign a receiver like Golden Tate or one of the less-expensive-WR that's still available.

Not a lot of salary cap room left. I don't think there will be anything major before the draft, unless they cut somebody to create some cap room.

jklowan
03-14-2019, 07:15 AM
Total Cap Liabilities: $190,386,166

Top 51: $169,699,196
Team Cap Space: $15,106,043

Still enough left for another player, draft picks, and our free agents - hopefully Breeland

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/

red
03-14-2019, 07:19 AM
Not a lot of salary cap room left. I don't think there will be anything major before the draft, unless they cut somebody to create some cap room.

they still have around 9-10 million in cap left depending on how much we gave lewis

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2019, 07:28 AM
I think I read they have ~$23M if they cut Tramon. They could still resign Wilkerson, Matthews, and/or Breeland. That would take up much of what they have left. If those guys don't resign though, there may be room for a slot WR or another S.

pbmax
03-14-2019, 08:22 AM
I think I read they have ~$23M if they cut Tramon. They could still resign Wilkerson, Matthews, and/or Breeland. That would take up much of what they have left. If those guys don't resign though, there may be room for a slot WR or another S.

I think Tramontana could get you between $4-5 million in room. His contract wasn't that big. You could save $1 mil if it happens before tomorrow.

https://i.imgur.com/G2J1wWA.png

Deputy Nutz
03-14-2019, 08:26 AM
I refuse to return to the fandom of the Green Bay Packers if they resign Clay Matthews. Everyone else besides Rodgers is gone, I can start mending bridges once those two dipshits are gone.

Fritz
03-14-2019, 09:50 AM
I am hoping - maybe wishing - that by cutting Cobb they might afford both Breeland and Golden Tate.

pbmax
03-14-2019, 10:12 AM
Unless there is someone they really want to cut, I think one more mid-tier guy is it. Maybe Tate or Breeland accept that kind of money, but I doubt it.

pbmax
03-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Florio, had he stuck to just interpreting contracts and leverage, would be my favorite NFL insider type. He branched out and became wildly successful, but his breakdown of contracts is still the best part of his gig.

Here he is on why that Jets deal might be much better (or not better at all) than the Steelers offer last year: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/13/devil-will-be-in-the-details-of-the-leveon-bell-deal/

Fritz
03-14-2019, 12:22 PM
Unless there is someone they really want to cut, I think one more mid-tier guy is it. Maybe Tate or Breeland accept that kind of money, but I doubt it.
This is where you channel your inner Ted: wait them out.

gbgary
03-14-2019, 02:12 PM
I am hoping - maybe wishing - that by cutting Cobb they might afford both Breeland and Golden Tate.

cobb's free. williams and crosby are the obvious candidates for having their heads lopped off for immediate cap relief. i'd like to see breeland. justin houston would be great.

red
03-14-2019, 02:15 PM

i'm guessing wilkerson

both signs already have expressed interest in him coming back

i'm guessing he's seeing if he can get a big deal somewhere, and if he can't, i bet he comes back for the same thing he played for last season

4 or 5 million for a year, or whatever it was

call_me_ishmael
03-14-2019, 02:15 PM
I mean, all of the big name FAs agreed already, so now it's bargain shopping season. I don't think Cobb is gonna sign for more than 2-3M for example. I could (and probably will) be wrong.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2019, 02:30 PM
I ain't got no love for Breeland. He's nothing but a blacker Mr. Hyde. Hyde was an abomination.

Now that Cole Beasley is off the market, I'd love to see Cobb back in the Green and Gold. LaFluer's pick-in-roll offense might be tailor-made for Cobb at this stage of his career.

I want the Claymaker back b/c he's still white.

red
03-14-2019, 02:32 PM
haha is a bear

run pMc
03-14-2019, 02:38 PM
This is where you channel your inner Ted: wait them out.

I'm thinking Ball has pulled Gute away from the sundae bar and now they wait it out for a while before going "dumpster diving for depth". A couple of players on the vet min who could be reliable competent mainstays on ST wouldn't hurt. Assuming they keep Bulaga, they have Turner to play RG, and just need to figure out who is playing S with Amos (Josh Jones?) 21 of the starting 22 penciled in?

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2019, 02:56 PM
I refuse to return to the fandom of the Green Bay Packers if they resign Clay Matthews. Everyone else besides Rodgers is gone, I can start mending bridges once those two dipshits are gone.

Claymaker could make a poor man's Sean Lee at ILB at this stage of his career. Blitz Claymaker up the A gap and Clark and Daniels get mano-a-man matchups.

Claymaker is past his prime at the edge, but he still has high football IQ and some kung fu left, so transfer him to the Mike or Muck. Who the fuck cares that Claymaker likes to freelance? Claymaker makes plays. Hawk was a fucking robot - played the X and O's as drawn up. Hawk sucked.

gbgary
03-14-2019, 03:05 PM
haha is a bear

that could be a real good thing.

Gotarace
03-14-2019, 04:51 PM
Golden Tate is a Giant...four-year, $37.5 million deal with $23 million fully guaranteed

pbmax
03-14-2019, 04:54 PM
RapSheet
4 years, $37.5M with $23M fully guaranteed for new #Giants WR Golden Tate.

Freak Out
03-14-2019, 08:17 PM
What? Holy Shite!

woodbuck27
03-15-2019, 02:06 AM
IMO we got Devante Adams and a bunch of #3-#5 WR's.
The guy who looks like he could develop into a #2 in Scandling but I don't think he's ready yet.
After some excellent looking moves by our
Teams GM and in FA; a top priority is bolstering the Team Offense and acquiring solid at WR and TE.

The Green Bay Packers need a bonafide NO
1-2 WR

We certainly have need at the TE position.

We need more to strengthen the OL

woodbuck27
03-15-2019, 02:18 AM
RapSheet
4 years, $37.5M with $23M fully guaranteed for new #Giants WR Golden Tate.
"Just show me the money." Golden Tate

Fritz
03-15-2019, 09:33 AM
Golden Tate is a Giant...four-year, $37.5 million deal with $23 million fully guaranteed

So the Giants were totally tanking to get to the rebuild...but then they weren't.

Is Jon Gruden running things there, too?

bobblehead
03-15-2019, 10:16 AM
Total Cap Liabilities: $190,386,166

Top 51: $169,699,196
Team Cap Space: $15,106,043

Still enough left for another player, draft picks, and our free agents - hopefully Breeland

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/

This is my thought. Breeland lost out on his contract last year and hasn't show any reason to get it back yet. Offer him 3/18 or 1/6. Depends if he wants a bit more guaranteed or wants to play for a new deal.

bobblehead
03-15-2019, 10:17 AM
cobb's free. williams and crosby are the obvious candidates for having their heads lopped off for immediate cap relief. i'd like to see breeland. justin houston would be great.

I would lose Graham, but thats just me.

pbmax
03-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Adrian Clayborn has been released by the Patriots after 1 year of 2 year deal.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/15/adrian-clayborn-announces-his-release-from-patriots/

pbmax
03-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Bell stayed injury free, got $5 million more than previous Steelers offer fully guaranteed.

When evaluating the value of a contract paid to a player who plays the short-shelf-life position of NFL tailback, the most important factor continues to be fully guaranteed money.

Multiple reports emerging today peg the full guarantee at only $25 million, with total cash flow through two years of $26 million.

The cash flow through the first two years trails the $33 million that reportedly would have been paid to Bell under the offer from the Steelers that he rejected last year. That’s prompting many to say the Steelers gave Bell a “better offer.” But here’s the thing to remember: That offer carried only $20 million in fully-guaranteed payments.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/14/leveon-bells-full-guarantee-at-signing-25-million/

pbmax
03-15-2019, 05:27 PM
I am getting a sense of how John Dorsey attracts such good talent on draft day.

USAToday: https://t.co/rCchbNNcS5

Tyreek Hill under investigation for alleged battery.

2 incidents involving children, PFT: https://t.co/sOkgYEIMmZ

Bretsky
03-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Browns making some ballsy moves....Elliott !!!

Tony Oday
03-16-2019, 08:32 AM

Automatic release and 8 game suspension right?

Fritz
03-16-2019, 08:42 AM
So I wonder if Cleveland will now become home to lawbreakers. Wait...they were before, too. It's that Dorsey's better at finding talented, athletic criminals than the previous regime.

Re-sign Johnny Manziel, Brownies!

Bretsky
03-16-2019, 09:10 AM
Browns are winning a division soon

RashanGary
03-16-2019, 09:15 AM

I agree

Fritz
03-16-2019, 09:45 AM

So on this basis, the Jets will be winning the AFC East next season, too, huh?

pbmax
03-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Automatic release and 8 game suspension right?

Then Dorsey signs him.

pbmax
03-16-2019, 11:56 AM
So on this basis, the Jets will be winning the AFC East next season, too, huh?

Even normally sedate Twitter tape eaters and scouts are going ape on the Browns. Their coach is a never-before-held-a-coordinator-job newbie. I wouldn't buy playoff tickets yet.

pbmax
03-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
Source: #Jaguars are signing LB Jake Ryan, former #Packers fourth-rounder who is coming off a torn ACL that knocked him out for all of 2018. Ryan was an emerging player before then. Looking to reestablish himself in Jacksonville.

red
03-16-2019, 01:25 PM
Source: #Jaguars are signing LB Jake Ryan, former #Packers fourth-rounder who is coming off a torn ACL that knocked him out for all of 2018. Ryan was an emerging player before then. Looking to reestablish himself in Jacksonville.

Emerging towards mediocrity

SMBASS
03-16-2019, 01:31 PM

The last hold out from the 2015 Draft Class gone as these players should be reaching their prime. What a complete bust of a draft in every way, shape, and form.

red
03-16-2019, 01:34 PM
The last hold out from the 2015 Draft Class gone as these players should be reaching their prime. What a complete bust of a draft in every way, shape, and form.

so the question is, was it just a bad draft class overall, or was TTs mental health already failing and either no one saw it, or no one did anything about it

the 2016 TT draft does look a lot better

SMBASS
03-16-2019, 01:39 PM
so the question is, was it just a bad draft class overall, or was TTs mental health already failing and either no one saw it, or no one did anything about it

Hard to say regarding TT's mental health at the time red. I also don't think that 2015 was an exceptionally great draft year but this is just another example of when you depend primarily on Draft & Develop to build your team you can't afford several sub-par drafts in a row. Before you know it you're completely devoid of talent and you're fielding a team like the Packers from the past couple of years.

red
03-16-2019, 01:45 PM
Hard to say regarding TT's mental health at the time red. I also don't think that 2015 was an exceptionally great draft year but this is just another example of when you depend primarily on Draft & Develop to build your team you can't afford several sub-par drafts in a row. Before you know it you're completely devoid of talent and you're fielding a team like the Packers from the past couple of years.

1 left from 2012
1 guy left from 2013
2 guys left from 2014
0 left from 2015

thats a massive failure from a draft and develop team

then you have 2016 where all but 1 of the picks is still on the team. sure they are all on their rookie deals and you don't usually cut guys on their rookie deals unless they really sucks, but 5 of the 6 guys still on the team are decent players that actually contribute (not spriggs, he sucks)

SMBASS
03-16-2019, 01:48 PM
From the 2013, 2014, and 2015 Draft Classes we have 3 players left. Bakhtiari, Adams, and Linsley. Not good...

SMBASS
03-16-2019, 01:49 PM
1 left from 2012
1 guy left from 2013
2 guys left from 2014
0 left from 2015

thats a massive failure from a draft and develop team

Beat me to it red. I didn't even look back to 2012. That's a pretty dismal 4 year draft period to say the least. This should be the core group of your team 4-6 years into their careers.

pbmax
03-16-2019, 03:09 PM

A lot of teams had bad 2015 drafts.

Fritz
03-16-2019, 03:53 PM

But how many of those teams have only four players left from 2012, 13, and 14? I wonder.

red
03-16-2019, 04:20 PM

would have been a good year for trading all your picks for players or future picks

in hindsight

i'm sure at the time the "experts" were calling it one of the deepest drafts of all time

and is it irony, or maybe a higher meaning, that it was held in that shithole called chic-ago

Bretsky
03-16-2019, 04:22 PM
Draft and develop baby!

smuggler
03-16-2019, 04:23 PM
Emerging towards mediocrity

That's being generous.

red
03-16-2019, 04:38 PM
can someone find the actual draft threads from the 2015 draft? i'd like to go back through it and shove some peoples noses in the shit they were laying in there.

the search engine sucks

i can find the thread i started called "2015 official draft thread", but that doesn't have the actual draft in it. some shithead must have started another thread

landon collins went just 3 spots after we took ankle biter. and i know i was calling for us to get rid of burnett and get a real safety to go with haha, but i don't think i was every calling for collins

i do know i wanted denzel perryman, who just signed a second contract with the chargers. not a special player, but a solid starter

i remember a lot of people wanted Benardrick McKinney, who has had a really good career so far

red
03-16-2019, 04:39 PM
Draft and develop baby!

can we just call the TT and fat mike reign just Draft

and drop the development part? there wasn't a lot of developing going on under fat fuck

that might be more accurate looking at the roster now

pbmax
03-17-2019, 08:30 AM
But how many of those teams have only four players left from 2012, 13, and 14? I wonder.

12 and 13 aren't manned as well as we might think. 12 was almost 7 years ago. Lotta players no longer in the game. But even still, its wasn't a good haul.

pbmax
03-17-2019, 08:31 AM
can we just call the TT and fat mike reign just Draft

and drop the development part? there wasn't a lot of developing going on under fat fuck

that might be more accurate looking at the roster now

Give me the name of a player who would have been actively discussed in that thread. Packers or otherwise.

red
03-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Give me the name of a player who would have been actively discussed in that thread. Packers or otherwise.

Did you quote the wrong thread? Otherwise I have no clue what you’re asking

Stephone Anthony was a big name for us in the 2015 draft, if that’s what you were asking

pbmax
03-17-2019, 11:48 AM
Did you quote the wrong thread? Otherwise I have no clue what you’re asking

Stephone Anthony was a big name for us in the 2015 draft, if that’s what you were asking

Yeah, I quoted the wrong red post. Sorry.

Anthony was the name I was looking for.

pbmax
03-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Green Bay Packers @packers
Welcome back, @MarcedesLewis89!
#Packers re-sign TE Marcedes Lewis ��: https://pckrs.com/xzql5
#GoPackGo

Didn't we learn about this almost a week ago?

Fritz
03-18-2019, 11:12 AM
The Packers just re-signed Gilbert Brown!

Oh, wait. This is 2019, not 1999.

Teamcheez1
03-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Breeland reported by PFT to be signing with the Chiefs on a three year contract. I though it would have been nice to have him back.

Joemailman
03-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Breeland reported by PFT to be signing with the Chiefs on a three year contract. I though it would have been nice to have him back.

Report is a 1 year deal.

Bashaud Breeland is signing a one-year, incentive-laden deal with a max value of $5 million with Kansas City, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, per a source.

pbmax
03-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Report is a 1 year deal.

Man that is cheap. I guess bargain hunting is over?

pbmax
03-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Man, M Lewis must have signed for more than we thought.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
I'm starting to hear the #Packers aren't in good salary cap shape as reported. Because of cap charges that weren't previously calculated, multiple sources say they are very tight after their most recent spending spree. One source estimated it was close to $5M under. We'll see.

If its really that low ($5 mil below) then someone is getting cut.

Joemailman
03-18-2019, 07:13 PM

I'm starting to hear the #Packers aren't in good salary cap shape as reported. Because of cap charges that weren't previously calculated, multiple sources say they are very tight after their most recent spending spree. One source estimated it was close to $5M under. We'll see.

Ken 🧀 🏈

@KenIngalls
50m50 minutes ago
More
Spotrac is close but has many discrepancies to reality. Their 2018 cap rollover number is an estimate vs actual. They don’t have the Allison deal. They don’t have the LTBE ProBowl bonus for Adams. They don’t have the Pankey deal from last year. Sprigg’s contract looks wrong...

The guy is right that they don't have the Allison number which I think is 2M. Not sure about the rest.

red
03-18-2019, 07:47 PM
The guy is right that they don't have the Allison number which I think is 2M. Not sure about the rest.

Over the cap does have Allison’s number, and Adams LTBE bonus (which is only 250k)

And they’re still showing 13.5 million free

red
03-18-2019, 07:50 PM

Lewis signed for 2.1 million

My guess is the “professional” hacks are looking for clicks

smuggler
03-18-2019, 07:59 PM
Yeah, that source was wrong. Still $23M under the cap.

Joemailman
03-18-2019, 08:12 PM
Over the cap does have Allison’s number, and Adams LTBE bonus (which is only 250k)

The Packers cap space if you include ALL contracts is just under 5M. I wonder if that's what they were looking at.

wist43
03-18-2019, 09:52 PM

What does Adam's Gay and Lesbian bonus have to do with anything :cnf:

pbmax
03-21-2019, 11:18 PM
Well, Gutey got the guys he wanted.

Tony Pauline
Colts wanted to sign Preston Smith but were outbid by the Green Bay Packers. I'm told their bid for Smith was in the range of $12.5 million per year, slightly more than what they just gave to Justin Houston.

pbmax
03-24-2019, 12:35 PM
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Patriots reportedly made a run at TE Jared Cook before he picked the Saints (and given that he has yet to officially join the Saints, maybe the Pats could still get him)

PFT: https://t.co/8xjDj0Ayrz

pbmax
03-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Very nice breakdown of Bell's contract performance and what he gained and gave up with the year out. Banner and Deadspin make a strong case that he and others are overestimating the value of fully guaranteed money versus the Year 2 payout.

https://deadspin.com/did-leveon-bell-make-the-right-decision-1833381292

And a nice bit about the common theme among the Packers, Steelers and Bengals. That they tend to do less guaranteed money in later contract years than other teams and tend to substitute larger signing bonuses. But they are among the teams least likely to bail before Year 2 because of that cap hit.

This is very true of the recent FA class. Its true of Rodgers last deal and I think it can be traced back to Shields deal. I suspect each significant FA deal after Rodgers first big deal has followed this pattern and been substantially different than the pay as you go model Ted and Russ worked with when they were first building the team.

pbmax
04-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Adam Schefter
Cardinals’ free-agent DT Rodney Gunter is visiting today with the Green Bay Packers, per source.

Some notes on Twitter indicate this guy played well for them last year. Was a bad defense though.

Joemailman
04-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Adam Schefter
Cardinals’ free-agent DT Rodney Gunter is visiting today with the Green Bay Packers, per source.

Some notes on Twitter indicate this guy played well for them last year. Was a bad defense though.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/03/packers-hosting-dl-rodney-gunter-on-free-agent-visit/

Gunter, a fourth-round pick of the Arizona Cardinals in 2015, registered career highs in tackles (44), sacks (4.5) and forced fumbles (2) last season. He also tallied 11 tackles for losses and nine quarterback hits, also career highs.

Gunter played in all 64 games during his first four NFL seasons.

The Cardinals played Gunter all over the defensive line last season, including at 3-technique and defensive end in their 3-4 front. He has terrific length and above average movement skills at his size.

pbmax
04-03-2019, 06:34 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/03/packers-hosting-dl-rodney-gunter-on-free-agent-visit/

Someone else mentioned that its another guy 4-5 years in (from the dreaded 2015 draft) who could be part of the young vet restocking program.

red
04-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Tre Boston is still available, and at this point would probably come pretty cheap

Should we double down at safety, or do him and Amos basically play the same position?

run pMc
04-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Tre Boston is still available, and at this point would probably come pretty cheap

Should we double down at safety, or do him and Amos basically play the same position?

Why does nobody seem to want to sign this guy? I get safeties aren't universally valued, but for a guy still in his prime who has put up numbers it's curious. I'd think he and Amos could be interchangable.

Joemailman
04-07-2019, 04:59 PM
Seems like free agency has been put on the back burner until teams see what they get in the draft. Not much going on.

SMBASS
04-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Yeah, kind of a weird FA period. Seems like as usual there was a flurry of action in the first 2 or 3 days and then the signings just went completely dead.

I realize it has to make sense with the cap situation but I wouldn't mind trying to sign a couple more young somewhat emerging vets who seem to be healthy/available like Gunter and Boston. Be completely free to let the draft fall to you and concentrate on the best players available.

pbmax
04-17-2019, 11:31 AM
Eric Berry?

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Eric-Berry-Green-Bay-Packers-favorites--131213397/

Seems like a lot of reporting over very little substance and a good deal of speculation. Right in our wheelhouse.

pbmax
04-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
On NFL Network just now, @MikeSilver reports the #Packers have no interest in trading for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen.

red
04-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
On NFL Network just now, @MikeSilver reports the #Packers have no interest in trading for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen.

was there any talk of this?

guy really went out on a limb with that "breaking news"

guess what?

red is never gonna have a threesome with margot robbie and cara delevingne. you heard it here first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
04-17-2019, 04:19 PM
Eric Berry?

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Eric-Berry-Green-Bay-Packers-favorites--131213397/

Seems like a lot of reporting over very little substance and a good deal of speculation. Right in our wheelhouse.

good player when healthy, but you really have to question his health. he's missed almost 2 full seasons with this achilles/heel thing

mraynrand
04-17-2019, 04:50 PM
red is never gonna have a threesome with margot robbie and cara delevingne.

I believe you

pbmax
04-26-2019, 02:26 PM

They closed the investigation because it was impossible to determine who caused harm. But now they have audio apparently.

Elliot Metz @thatelliotmetz
BREAKING: Criminal case against Tyreek Hill, fiancee reopened following audio release.

Much more today on @KCTV5

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 04:03 PM
They closed the investigation because it was impossible to determine who caused harm. But now they have audio apparently.

Elliot Metz @thatelliotmetz
BREAKING: Criminal case against Tyreek Hill, fiancee reopened following audio release.

Much more today on @KCTV5

I 'm not sure that's illegal anymore. There's been a lot of changes in the law.
Anyone who would let a felon vote would certainly let him play football.
Anyone who would pay 50 dollars for a cab, would certainly pay 75.

SavedByGrace
04-28-2019, 03:19 PM
I 'm not sure that's illegal anymore. There's been a lot of changes in the law.
Anyone who would let a felon vote would certainly let him play football.
Anyone who would pay 50 dollars for a cab, would certainly pay 75.

Absolute brilliance sliding two classic movie quotes into your response!

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Anybody know if Darron Lee would be a fit? He's supposedly on the trade block. Smaller, fast ILB who was solid in 2018.

Bretsky
04-30-2019, 08:27 PM
Dude has nice speed and more upside than the rest of our ILB's. I'm jump at the opportunity to land him but I wonder what the cost is.

He played for a shitty college :) but other than that the move would be a great one IMO

Joemailman
04-30-2019, 08:43 PM
Jets signed CJ Mosley to replace him. Lee was suspended 4 games last year for substance abuse. They might just be looking to dump a guy who probably has worn out his welcome. He might not be very expensive.

HarveyWallbangers
05-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Zach Brown signed with the Eagles--which is disappointing. I was holding out hope that the Packers would sign him.

pbmax
05-04-2019, 08:52 AM
Zach Brown signed with the Eagles--which is disappointing. I was holding out hope that the Packers would sign him.

There is a sense that Brown's deal with Washington was dumb and he is closer to one year deal part of his career the long term deal part. But I agree, would have been a nice addition.

But the Eagles are still at it:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Rams asked DB Blake Countess to take a pay cut from his $2M tender and they could not come to terms, source said. They are releasing him. LA drafted two safeties this year, but the door is open to return if he clears waivers.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Update: The #Eagles claimed Blake Countess.

When the Eagles kicked Howard Roseman upstairs for Chip Kelly, I would have hesitated to bet which one was smarter about how football should be played (Roseman helped build a lot of Reid's Eagles teams). But its not really close anymore is it?

mraynrand
05-04-2019, 09:48 AM
When the Eagles kicked Howard Roseman upstairs for Chip Kelly, I would have hesitated to bet which one was smarter about how football should be played (Roseman helped build a lot of Reid's Eagles teams). But its not really close anymore is it?

Wasn't Roseman the youngest GM ever at the time? This year, he revamped his running back position just like that with a good deal and a draft pick. Seems to know how to build a roster, a team, using every mechanism available. damn.

pbmax
05-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Wasn't Roseman the youngest GM ever at the time? This year, he revamped his running back position just like that with a good deal and a draft pick. Seems to know how to build a roster, a team, using every mechanism available. damn.

Yeah, back when he and Joe Banner were there. He also had the Raiders fooled when he traded up with the Ravens and took a OL instead of a RB (Peter King's FNIA column at PFT).

That story plus the fact that the Eagles were supposed to be interested in a safety (but another team had them pegged for RB and OL) makes me think Gute's case for trading up hasn't been made yet.