PDA

View Full Version : The Rains of Green Bay

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2019, 11:56 PM
Who the fuck is the new coach, and is he Italian or French? The Packers ain’t need no cheese eating surrender monkey. We ain’t need no pizza eating Mussolini.

What/Who the Packers need is an Asian, a Turk, a Martzist. Or a IRA champion - J-MAC.

With the decision not to hire J-Mac, Murphy and Gutekunst both have just given birth to their own Red Wedding.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-08-2019, 05:48 AM
Who the fuck is the new coach, and is he Italian or French? The Packers ain’t need no cheese eating surrender monkey. We ain’t need no pizza eating Mussolini.

What/Who the Packers need is an Asian, a Turk, a Martzist. Or a IRA champion - J-MAC.

With the decision not to hire J-Mac, Murphy and Gutekunst both have just given birth to their own Red Wedding.

Well, if you will be so kind as to translate wtf you meant here, I will consider responding.

Teamcheez1
01-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Jeff Bridges makes an appearance on rats.

Vincenzo
01-08-2019, 08:03 AM

Holy shit Polar Brear, you’re hilarious. :glug:

Anti-Polar Bear
01-08-2019, 10:47 AM
Well, if you will be so kind as to translate wtf you meant here, I will consider responding.

Just a little Game of Thrones references. Awesome show. Check it out. :)

The decision to bypass J-Mac could come back to haunt the Pack.

pbmax
01-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Which IRA are we talking about here?

wootah
01-08-2019, 04:56 PM
The colors of House LaFleur make it clear where its allegiance lies.

http://www.theironthrone.it/it/images/stories/araldica/Tyrell-of-Highgarden.gif

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2019, 02:37 AM
The colors of House LaFleur make it clear where its allegiance lies.

The University of Oregon Ducks? ;)

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2019, 03:45 AM
Was just researching LaFluer, and suddenly, my mind enlightened me of this undying truth: None of the "young" pubs of Mike Shananhan has won shit, not even as hotshot assistants. Kyle Shanahan would be coaching at Wisconsin-Stevens Point if his name wasn't Shanahan. Why is it that only McVay's offense (and not LaFluer or Shanahan's) is worthy of an arousal? The guy has Todd "Race Betrayal" Gurley, for fuck sake! Mariota was actually better under Mularkey than under LaFluer.

Worst of all, Kyle Shanahan, LaFluer and McVay all ruined RG3's career.

Should've hired J-Mac. The Lannister's song is playing for Murphy and Gutekunst, foreshadowing their impending downfalls.

pbmax
01-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Was just researching LaFluer, and suddenly, my mind enlightened me of this undying truth: None of the "young" pubs of Mike Shananhan has won shit, not even as hotshot assistants. Kyle Shanahan would be coaching at Wisconsin-Stevens Point if his name wasn't Shanahan. Why is it that only McVay's offense (and not LaFluer or Shanahan's) is worthy of an arousal? The guy has Todd "Race Betrayal" Gurley, for fuck sake! Mariota was actually better under Mularkey than under LaFluer.

Worst of all, Kyle Shanahan, LaFluer and McVay all ruined RG3's career.

Should've hired J-Mac. The Lannister's song is playing for Murphy and Gutekunst, foreshadowing their impending downfalls.

How was McDaniels for Tebow's career?

Pugger
01-09-2019, 09:21 AM
If you don't like him now I'm positive Murphy and Gute got the right guy.

KYPack
01-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Don't be too tough on Tank, Pug.

If you scare him off, we'd have to go hire a new troll.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2019, 11:29 AM
How was McDaniels for Tebow's career?

Tebow has more playoffs wins than a lot of the wankers in the NFL today. God’s beloved son was awesome in the clutch.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2019, 11:35 AM
If you don't like him now I'm positive Murphy and Gute got the right guy.

The last time LaFluer, McVay and Shananhan all were together on the same team, that team went 4-12, or the such. They haven’t won shit.

J-Mac is a winner and a champion.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2019, 09:16 AM
I’ve emailed LaFluer my resume for the corner opening. Know what I’d say to J-Alex as his position coach?

“Yo, J-Alex, see number 19? That motherfucker is Adam Theilen. Fuck the Pistol Force. You’re on an island with 19 all day. Don’t fuck up. The negroid corner that can’t cover a caucasoid wide out doesn’t belong on the field, with glorious blades of grass ‘neath his feet.”

pbmax
01-13-2019, 09:34 AM
The last time LaFluer, McVay and Shananhan all were together on the same team, that team went 4-12, or the such. They haven’t won shit.

J-Mac is a winner and a champion.

Only five (well one) teams can play in the AFC Least.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Only five (well one) teams can play in the AFC Least.

Sure, the Pats played cupcakes in their division. But they still have to beat the big boys at the dance. The century is less than 2 decades old, and they’ve already been to 8 Super Bowls.

That ain’t no fluke.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Sure, the Pats played cupcakes in their division. But they still have to beat the big boys at the dance. The century is less than 2 decades old, and they’ve already been to 8 Super Bowls.

That ain’t no fluke.

Not a fluke at all. But made easier by generational incompetence.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2019, 11:48 AM
Not a fluke at all. But made easier by generational incompetence.

It’s not Belichick’s fault that Todd was too busy and too incompetent with that draft and develop bullshit. It’s not Belichick’s fault that McCarthy was too stupid and scared to finish off Seattle in the Bostick game.

5 Super Bowls so far this century. That’s mores than the Packers have won in it’s entire existence.

Shoulda hired J-Mac.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 12:14 PM
Kraft-Belicheat-Brady. I just don't think it's anywhere near easy to reconstruct something like that. Ask Dan Marino what he thinks.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2019, 01:12 PM
Kraft-Belicheat-Brady. I just don't think it's anywhere near easy to reconstruct something like that. Ask Dan Marino what he thinks.

Wolf/Favre/Walrus went to 2 Super Bowls in the 90's. Wolf pretty much preached Belichickism. The only reason it's not called Wolfism is b/c they fired Sherman the GM for utilizing Belichickism before he could win multiple Super Bowls.

Belichickism works best with an elite QB.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 01:20 PM
The only reason it's not called Wolfism is b/c they fired Sherman the GM for utilizing Belichickism before he could win multiple Super Bowls.

lol

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:41 PM
lol

I know I will always treasure the Super Bowl heralding signing of Na'il Diggs to a big contract because the Eagles were about the steal him.

Bretsky
01-13-2019, 02:33 PM

McDaniels is part of this equation as well; his innovation and modifying the offense on an annual basis is Genius Jr like

pbmax
01-13-2019, 02:37 PM
McDaniels is part of this equation as well; his innovation and modifying the offense on an annual basis is Genius Jr like

Serious question: how do you know what he is responsible for versus Belichick? Or the line coach?

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 03:12 PM
Serious question: how do you know what he is responsible for versus Belichick? Or the line coach?

stop asking questions that require people to think rationally.

Bretsky
01-13-2019, 05:55 PM

Saying he's "part" of the equation as the offensive coordinator is a captain obvious statement. And I'm only going off of things I read; which may or may not be accurate. Do you have something different ?

How do you know he's not completely responsible for the annual offensive plan pending Hoody's approval ?

Ya, maybe it's something in between. Neither of us are there Hence "part"

Bretsky
01-13-2019, 05:58 PM
stop asking questions that require people to think rationally.

Rational thought would be the OC had serious input into the modification of the offense.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 06:17 PM
Saying he's "part" of the equation as the offensive coordinator is a captain obvious statement. And I'm only going off of things I read; which may or may not be accurate. Do you have something different ?

How do you know he's not completely responsible for the annual offensive plan pending Hoody's approval ?

Ya, maybe it's something in between. Neither of us are there Hence "part"

Because the last guy to redo the offense was Charlie Weis. Now maybe Bill has gotten better at keeping a lid on things, but I have never read about McDaniels himself being the innovator. He could be, but the track record points to BB.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Rational thought would be the OC had serious input into the modification of the offense.

I'm open to persuasion. I'm going on the success of BB coordinators as head coaches. Happy to look at other sources.

Sorry if I offend - sometimes on this particular issue I keep thinking APB is on the other end.

George Cumby
01-13-2019, 11:21 PM
I just wish McDaniels would take another HC gig and end this circle jerk once and for all as he goes down in another fireball of his own making.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-14-2019, 08:37 AM
Because the last guy to redo the offense was Charlie Weis. Now maybe Bill has gotten better at keeping a lid on things, but I have never read about McDaniels himself being the innovator. He could be, but the track record points to BB.

Dougherty called J-Mac an innovator in his latest column about J-Mac.

Belichick's forte is defense. Sure, he can and does add inputs to the offensive game plan, but usually, he's like, "Yo J-Mac, do your fucking job and find ways to exploit, expose and destroy Pettine's Caperseque D!"

mraynrand
01-14-2019, 09:07 AM
Dougherty called J-Mac an innovator in his latest column about J-Mac.

If this is the article in question, that is factually untrue. And while Dougherty found many good things to say and report about J-Mac, much of the article presents the difficulties presented by J-Mac - and other BB disciples. A nuanced view, you could say. Rather than call him an innovator, sources remark on his brilliance, game planning and detail. In fact, they remark that he knows only one system, and that could be a problem:

“I don’t see that working out too well myself,” the source said. “… Josh is not going to change what he does. To his credit he does it very well, but Josh only knows one system. Aaron Rodgers knows one system. And they don’t know the same system. So which one is going to budge?”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2019/01/03/dougherty-packers-josh-mcdaniels-biggest-boom-bust-candidate/2475213002/

Anti-Polar Bear
01-15-2019, 11:43 AM
sources remark on his brilliance, game planning and detail.

If that's not innovator, then I don't know what is. Everybody and their baby's mama knew what the Packers were gonna do weekly on offense under McCarthy. NE runs different shit against different opponents.

mraynrand
01-15-2019, 01:48 PM
If that's not innovator, then I don't know what is.

probably true

pbmax
01-15-2019, 02:11 PM
I sometimes think that NFL Head Coaches frequently get themselves in a trap.

They sell sell sell their plan, program and scheme. Then when something doesn't work, they feel like they have three choices: 1)dump the scheme, 2)blame players or player acquisition, 3)blame luck, circumstances or injuries.

They will all choose #3 first and will find a roundabout way to invoke step 2 (breakdowns, miscommunication, step slow, bad week practice).

But they would rather you pull teeth than to change the basic system. Despite the fact that it is the one thing under their complete control, they think adjusting it for maximum flexibility is the path toward self-destruction.

Is McDLT an innovator? No idea. But Belichick innovates by insisting that the game plan completely change focus to allow them to do what they need to do.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-20-2019, 11:51 PM
Am I dreaming, or did the Packers just hired the guy whose expertise is making non-white QBs ordinary - Just ask Mariota and RG3 - over the guy about to coordinate his, what, 50th Super Bowl?

Off with Murphy’s head!

mraynrand
01-21-2019, 08:25 AM
Is McDLT an innovator? No idea. But Belichick innovates by insisting that the game plan completely change focus to allow them to do what they need to do.

Whomever is responsible, they played two completely different games yesterday. Opened by taking what the Chiefs would give (running the ball), and used that to their advantage to control the clock and reduce KC possessions. Then KC adjusted and they went to being a total passing offense. NE has decent players, but on each successful run and completion, the execution by the offense is precise and technically high-level. Everyone completely buys into the "do your job" mantra. And at the controls is Brady, setting the tempo for the entire team and game. KC didn't lay a finger on him for the most part. If the Rams want to win, they'd better alter Brady.

pbmax
01-21-2019, 08:28 AM
Whomever is responsible, they played two completely different games yesterday. Opened by taking what the Chiefs would give (running the ball), and used that to their advantage to control the clock and reduce KC possessions. Then KC adjusted and they went to being a total passing offense. NE has decent players, but on each successful run and completion, the execution by the offense is precise and technically high-level. Everyone completely buys into the "do your job" mantra. And at the controls is Brady, setting the tempo for the entire team and game. KC didn't lay a finger on him for the most part. If the Rams want to win, they'd better alter Brady.

The pass rush started to make headway versus Brady in the second half, including that bad roughing the QB call. But when it mattered on that final drive, they got nowhere.

texaspackerbacker
01-21-2019, 10:34 AM
APB. I'll give you that McDaniels is a good coach, but two things: I'm very hopeful that the guy the Packers got will also be a very good coach, and secondly, even if McDaniels didn't do to the Packers what he did to the Colts, there's a strong chance IMO that he would still be the prime candidate to be Belichick's successor and would leave the Packers in a few years for that reason.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-25-2019, 01:54 PM
APB. I'll give you that McDaniels is a good coach, but two things: I'm very hopeful that the guy the Packers got will also be a very good coach, and secondly, even if McDaniels didn't do to the Packers what he did to the Colts, there's a strong chance IMO that he would still be the prime candidate to be Belichick's successor and would leave the Packers in a few years for that reason.

In this realm of avarice, it’s always soothing every time the underdog or the downtrodden gets an opportunity, not saying that LaFuer is an underdog. But in a win or die league, the Packers need to be maximizing the Great Arm of Butte’s remaining prime years, before he inevitably grows old and important in the arena.

The math favors the Packers winning Super Bowls with J-Mac than with LaFuer. I mean one guy is about to coach in his 50th Super Bowl, while the other guy is infamous for fucking up RG3’s career.

texaspackerbacker
01-25-2019, 07:24 PM
As for your first paragraph, when you're right, you're right.

As for your second paragraph, I wouldn't really accuse LaFleur of fucking up RG3's career either; Bad luck was mostly responsible for that. A lot of other running QBs have survived and had long careers. If by math, you mean betting odds, maybe gamblers would have more confidence in McDaniels than LaFleur, but it's all speculation at this point. And I have a good feeling about the future with LaFleur.