PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE NEW PACKER COACH ?

Bretsky
01-08-2019, 07:17 PM
OK Rats, time for your pansies to go on record.

Love it, ok with it, or hate it ?

mraynrand
01-08-2019, 07:19 PM
I think it would be creepy to feel about him

Pugger
01-08-2019, 07:29 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic.

pbmax
01-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Like his background. If they wanted a west coast guy to update the offense and keep a DC that Gute seems to trust and can work with, this was that guy.

Still think that offensive system play too big a role here. Adaptability of coaches and scheme and talent are what you need. Plus some understanding of analytics other than a chart of past playoff winners telling you how many times you should run. :roll:

Joemailman
01-08-2019, 07:52 PM
I'm more than okay with it. I wanted LaFleur or Monken, so it's all good.

We're gonna see bunch formations, we're gonna see misdirection, we're gonna see play action, and that means running the ball. I agree with what somebody said about maybe the biggest winner being Aaron Jones. He should be dynamite in this offense.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Cautiously optimistic is about right. As I've said, my criterion is somebody that won't mess with what the Packers do best and maybe even fine tune and upgrade it a little bit - a low ego guy. One of the things I read described LaFleur as exactly that.

Fritz
01-08-2019, 08:47 PM
OK Rats, time for your pansies to go on record.

Love it, ok with it, or hate it ?

I like him, but I don't, you know, like him like him.

Bretsky
01-08-2019, 09:02 PM

We're gonna see bunch formations, we're gonna see misdirection, we're gonna see play action, and that means running the ball. I agree with what somebody said about maybe the biggest winner being Aaron Jones. He should be dynamite in this offense.

I did NOT say "Maybe"

He WILL be the biggest winner...….

red
01-08-2019, 09:16 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic.

this about sums me up too

i really know next to nothing about the kid, and some of it has to do with him barely having a track record

we could get a kid in way over his head that has no clue how to do anything but teach QBs how to play. or we could have the next hot shot young coach

we have to hope its the later, because the window is closing fast, if it hasn't closed already. if he isn't the right guy, then the a-rod era is over

so, gotta hope he's the next big thing

Bretsky
01-08-2019, 09:27 PM

I will admit, if it came down to MattieFloor or the Monkey.....I'm happy with who we got :)

Cheesehead Craig
01-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Love him.

Smidgeon
01-08-2019, 11:18 PM
this about sums me up too

i really know next to nothing about the kid, and some of it has to do with him barely having a track record

we could get a kid in way over his head that has no clue how to do anything but teach QBs how to play. or we could have the next hot shot young coach

we have to hope its the later, because the window is closing fast, if it hasn't closed already. if he isn't the right guy, then the a-rod era is over

so, gotta hope he's the next big thing

That's definitely who Arizona got. At least we have a better chance than they do. Whoever's the GM in Arizona should be shown the door.

call_me_ishmael
01-08-2019, 11:23 PM
I will admit, if it came down to MattieFloor or the Monkey.....I'm happy with who we got :)

LOL at the Todd the Monkey Monken LOLOLOL!!!

call_me_ishmael
01-08-2019, 11:25 PM
I feel fine about it. I don't know anything about him beyond what the articles say. While I don't have a lot of confidence in Murphy, I trust Gooter. Let's hope it works out and we end up with another super bowl before Aaron hangs 'em up.

The Shadow
01-09-2019, 12:27 AM
I certainly hope the days of an empty backfield with 3rd & one or two are over for good.

Radagast
01-09-2019, 04:52 AM
I had not really known about Matt LaFleur until a few days ago. From what I read he will bring some fresh ideas to GB. I expect that he will be well received until he loses a football game. Then he will be on the hotseat just like almost every other HC. As for me, I'll reserve my judgement until he has had a fair period of time to build the winner that he and all of us want to see.
Best of luck Matt LaFleur. \_/ GoPackGo !

3irty1
01-09-2019, 09:11 AM
I don't have anything against LaFleur and I'm looking forward to all the Dodgeball references.

What I don't like is the larger situation. Specifically Murphy positioning himself as the Jerry Jones of this team. For instance, Pettine is fine but it should be a concern that we're already told he'll be retained. Makes it clear that retaining Pettine was a major factor in the hiring of LaFleur. If Pettine is offlimits why not just have Pettine report directly to Murphy too and make it a "square" of authority? I much preferred the complete divorce of football leadership/decisions and business leadership/decisions. Wish Murphy would have just named Gute the new Ted then left him alone except to have him psychologically evaluated once a year to make sure he's still got some marbles left.

mraynrand
01-09-2019, 09:22 AM
^^^ It's somewhat worrisome, hierarchy-wise, historically speaking, I guess. But what if LaFleur and Gute are perfectly happy with it. Maybe even LaFleur suggested or demanded keeping Pettine? What if it works? Its a bold strategy Cotton, Lets see if it pays off for em...

Nah, it's all gonna blow up because the Packers suck as an organization and don't know how to evaluate defensive talent, specifically LBs.

pbmax
01-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Nah, it's all gonna blow up because the Packers suck as an organization and don't know how to evaluate defensive talent, specifically LBs.

He is paranoid, but I think he is onto something about drafting defense.

Tony Oday
01-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Terrible pick that wastes three years of AR and gets Murphy fired.

3irty1
01-09-2019, 09:46 AM
But what if LaFleur and Gute are perfectly happy with it.

I'm sure they are. Both are fast tracks who got awesome opportunities. The point is what if they were only hired because they'd be happy with it? If Gute (or whomever could replace ted to suit my counterfactual) was given actual authority, its not like he couldn't still seek advise including from Murphy if he so desired. He doesn't get that choice though.

mraynrand
01-09-2019, 09:59 AM
I'm sure they are. Both are fast tracks who got awesome opportunities. The point is what if they were only hired because they'd be happy with it? If Gute (or whomever could replace ted to suit my counterfactual) was given actual authority, its not like he couldn't still seek advise including from Murphy if he so desired. He doesn't get that choice though.

This could all be true. The inference is that the Packers could have gotten a better GM and a better coach with a standard hierarchy where the "owner"/President stays out of the way. Or at least that having Murphy involved reduced their field of possible GM and subsequently, Coaching candidates. Hard to know if that's true or not. I don't even recall if they interviewed GMs outside the organization. My recollection is they did not. That may be at least a reflection of and possibly a confirmation of insularity, but any proof of problems with the processes and organization will ultimately only come out in the wash of the W/L column. Stay tuned.

Patler
01-09-2019, 10:27 AM
I absolutely did not want any of the experienced head coaches that rumors or facts linked to GB, including McDaniels. He did and said a lot of peculiar things in Denver and is linked to the videotaping cheating scandals in both NE and Denver. The fiasco last year with the Colts was the final straw for me. I would not have even interviewed him, because I do not believe he can be trusted with the image of the publicly owned, small town Green Bay Packers; but I can understand that the Packers may have invited him because they felt they needed to just to legitimize the thoroughness of their search.

All the others? Meh. Not a fan of the Harbaughs. By and large, being an NFL head coach is more and more a young man's game. Caldwell, Arians, etc. would be transition guys for me, not coaches for the long term.

I am satisfied with the hire, but I am also willing to recognize that it could be a colossal failure. There is an awful lot about being a head coach that has absolutely nothing to do with coaching, and that is why so many great coaches and coordinators fail as head coaches. We have no way of knowing if LaFleur has those skills and talents or not, but ultimately his success or failure depends on it.

mraynrand
01-09-2019, 10:31 AM
He is paranoid, but I think he is onto something about drafting defense.

Yes to both. But just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that everyone isn't actually out to get you. With Wist, I suspect they are.

mraynrand
01-09-2019, 10:32 AM
I am satisfied with the hire, but I am also willing to recognize that it could be a colossal failure. There is an awful lot about being a head coach that has absolutely nothing to do with coaching, and that is why so many great coaches and coordinators fail as head coaches. We have no way of knowing if LaFleur has those skills and talents or not, but ultimately his success or failure depends on it.

QFT

pbmax
01-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Terrible pick that wastes three years of AR and gets Murphy fired.

Are you still reverse jinxing? Just want to be sure before I blast you back :D

red
01-09-2019, 12:38 PM
I wonder if he was even allowed to bring in his own DC, or if he was told he could have the job but had to keep pettine

Seems like the decision to keep the DC came about as quick as the announcement of the HC hire

3irty1
01-09-2019, 01:16 PM
This could all be true. The inference is that the Packers could have gotten a better GM and a better coach with a standard hierarchy where the "owner"/President stays out of the way. Or at least that having Murphy involved reduced their field of possible GM and subsequently, Coaching candidates. Hard to know if that's true or not. I don't even recall if they interviewed GMs outside the organization. My recollection is they did not. That may be at least a reflection of and possibly a confirmation of insularity, but any proof of problems with the processes and organization will ultimately only come out in the wash of the W/L column. Stay tuned.

That's part of the inference, but the ramifications of where the authority lies extend beyond just the pool of GM and coach candidates I think. Maybe Gute and LaFleur are the right guys and not just the best guys willing to wear Murphy's leash. If so, they'd probably be better without the leash. Ted was so unsupervised that he managed to get dementia while still on the job; its like Murphy is overcompensating now.

gbgary
01-09-2019, 01:43 PM
i'm meh about it. i said in another thread that i didn't think it mattered who they got as Rodgers is who/what he is, will do what he wants, and the lack of cap space will keep this team in the 8-8 range for the duration of Rodgers contract, as he's only getting older, less effective, and more expensive as each year passes. so i'm in the ok with it category. i'll believe it, when i see it.

gbgary
01-09-2019, 01:47 PM
That's part of the inference, but the ramifications of where the authority lies extend beyond just the pool of GM and coach candidates I think. Maybe Gute and LaFleur are the right guys and not just the best guys willing to wear Murphy's leash. If so, they'd probably be better without the leash. Ted was so unsupervised that he managed to get dementia while still on the job; its like Murphy is overcompensating now.

yup! i think he'll back off now but keep a much closer eye on things than he did before. won't want to be burned again.

gbgary
01-09-2019, 01:50 PM
I wonder if he was even allowed to bring in his own DC, or if he was told he could have the job but had to keep pettine

Seems like the decision to keep the DC came about as quick as the announcement of the HC hire

i think i read that Pettine was on his list of assistants he wanted. guess we'll see if that question is asked and answered.

Fritz
01-09-2019, 01:58 PM
I wonder if LeFleur genuinely liked Pettine and wanted him, if he figured Pettine was as good as anyone so what the hell, or if he thought that's what he needed to say to get the gig.

Who knows how it'll all work out? LeFleur could be good - he was better than the retreads, for sure, and McDaniels was no sure bet. But, as Patler pointed out, being a HC is more than just coaching - you're running an organization.

Maybe LeFleur just needs a lot of good assistants, including a personal assistant.

We'll see how it works out.

I don't see next season as being a playoff year, but maybe the season afterward, if all goes well - particularly the drafting.

KYPack
01-09-2019, 02:42 PM
This is a great thread. Must be, I agree with it.

Murphy has the lines of organization all stretched out of shape. He's trying to do other peoples jobs to make sure they get done right. That's all fine and dandy, but he's going to quickly exceed his span of control.

Let's say this whole project flops miserably. Who fires Murphy.

Well, that's the exec committee.

Murphy might be sending us back to the 50's with his moves of the last year.

mraynrand
01-09-2019, 02:57 PM
This is a great thread. Must be, I agree with it.

Murphy has the lines of organization all stretched out of shape. He's trying to do other peoples jobs to make sure they get done right. That's all fine and dandy, but he's going to quickly exceed his span of control.

Let's say this whole project flops miserably. Who fires Murphy.

Well, that's the exec committee.

Murphy might be sending us back to the 50's with his moves of the last year.

Depends. Is it a light touch, a slack leash? I suspect mostly so. Murphy knew his boundaries before. I think 31 is mostly correct - he is overcompensating AND he will quickly find out (if he hasn't already) that he can't micromanage this thing. Bottom line is that they invested in Rodgers and have to make that work. My guess is he'll spend some effort making sure that's OK, maybe even just going through Gute. I say this not knowing whether he and Rodgers ever just casually chat or whether they have any more formal meetings at all. We'll know pretty fast whether it's working.

KYPack
01-09-2019, 03:13 PM
Yeah, Rand, but I think the Murph is somewhat guilty of fire, ready, aim here. Another thing that gave me pause was at the presser when the duo fired MM. The reporters asked Murph who was going to do the search. He bristled a little and snarled that he was qualified to help after his long career in the NFL, etc. More ego than I have seen before. That could be a bad sign. If you think you are the only one who knows what they are doing, you have to do all the work.
I hope things get on track, but Pres MM needs to go back upstairs and quit trying to be involved in every action and decision.

call_me_ishmael
01-09-2019, 03:16 PM
How is his wive's facebook not locked down yet? This is sort of insane to me.

https://www.facebook.com/breanne.lafleur

mraynrand
01-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Yeah, Rand, but I think the Murph is somewhat guilty of fire, ready, aim here. Another thing that gave me pause was at the presser when the duo fired MM. The reporters asked Murph who was going to do the search. He bristled a little and snarled that he was qualified to help after his long career in the NFL, etc. More ego than I have seen before. That could be a bad sign. If you think you are the only one who knows what they are doing, you have to do all the work.
I hope things get on track, but Pres MM needs to go back upstairs and quit trying to be involved in every action and decision.

If we get credible reports of him nosing into the draft, then I'll get really nervous. If he wants to talk to the players they bring by for interviews that's just fine, but if he's lurking in the draft room and insisting on contributing to the big board, then Katie Bar the Door!

mraynrand
01-09-2019, 03:17 PM
How is his wive's facebook not locked down yet? This is sort of insane to me.

https://www.facebook.com/breanne.lafleur

"This page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed"

That was fast. Maybe they just don't like you - or me. lol

pbmax
01-09-2019, 03:45 PM
i'm meh about it. i said in another thread that i didn't think it mattered who they got as Rodgers is who/what he is, will do what he wants, and the lack of cap space will keep this team in the 8-8 range for the duration of Rodgers contract, as he's only getting older, less effective, and more expensive as each year passes. so i'm in the ok with it category. i'll believe it, when i see it.

There is not a lack of cap space. People keep saying this but they have plenty of room.

Now if you want two more max contract guys, then its going to get dicey. But Matthews, Cobb and Perry and possible Graham are coming either off the books or substantially down. Wilkerson was a one year deal if they want it. They had room left in 2018 and they'll have even more next. 2020 might get tighter depending on what they do with FA this year.

call_me_ishmael
01-09-2019, 03:47 PM
He seemed really nervous or not very articulate. I dunno. First impression was not great or commanding. I remember MM's intro with the fresh coat of paint metaphor. MM is just more Wisconsin I think.

denverYooper
01-09-2019, 04:22 PM
He seemed really nervous or not very articulate. I dunno. First impression was not great or commanding. I remember MM's intro with the fresh coat of paint metaphor. MM is just more Wisconsin I think.

MM was drunk at his first PC?

gbgary
01-09-2019, 05:25 PM
the presser had some funny moments. Murphy, as the organization's number one, did a good job with it. the fact that Gute and Ball seemed to have equal votes to his in this matter shows he's not trying to be the Grand Poobah in all things. as the young Gute gains experience more will be put on his plate. MLF seemed understandably nervous but got more comfortable as the presser continued. what got me is how everyone seemed so scared whenever Rodgers' name was mentioned. (smh)

pbmax
01-09-2019, 05:28 PM
I used to be entirely against the ownership/admin messing around with the construction of coaching staffs, but the Steelers have changed my mind about it. They repeatedly build Frankenstein staffs and put GMs and coaches together piece by piece.

Plus the fact that great coaches aren't born on trees. Like Belichick they are hatched by snakes overseen by witches. And they tend to learn to be better over time and after some mistakes.

BB had mixed results in Cleveland, Bill Walsh pissed off Paul Brown and struggled in college. So the idea that a new young HC is going to hire all the right people is pretty naive. If I remember, didn't Wolf say they were all pitching in trying to help Ray Rhodes construct a staff when he was hired? For some reason I remember him struggling to fill some positions. Maybe that was Sherman.

Holmgren knocked it out of the park, but he stole from the 49ers and his best coaches were the kids. Then he lost Rhodes because the family wasn't overly fond of GB. Shurmur was the classic hire the guy who nearly cost me my job (5-2 Eagle!) Sherman did OK (but bailed on his DC in an unnecessary panic). Anyone want to debate Rossely again?

McCarthy had to rebuild his entire D staff 3 years in and never found a competent ST coach.

So keeping Pettine isn't unworkable or inexcusable. It might save the young guy some trouble to have a DC who is one year in.

The key, as it always is, will be whether the young guy learns from mistakes and finds a way to correct and not repeat them. He will get a chance to hire another DC if he has just modest success. He'll get that chance. The big question is whether he will learn all the other things a HC needs to master?

pbmax
01-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Yes to both. But just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that everyone isn't actually out to get you. With Wist, I suspect they are.

That large a hydroponic operation tends to attract attention.

And keeps you from scouting D talent.

pbmax
01-09-2019, 05:38 PM
the presser had some funny moments. Murphy, as the organization's number one, did a good job with it. the fact that Gute and Ball seemed to have equal votes to his in this matter shows he's not trying to be the Grand Poobah in all things. as the young Gute gains experience more will be put on his plate. MLF seemed understandably nervous but got more comfortable as the presser continued. what got me is how everyone seemed so scared whenever Rodgers' name was mentioned. (smh)

I had myself talked into being OK with a more activist CEO/Pres but then he said Ball had a vote. WTF?

:bs2:

:crazy:

pbmax
01-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
LaFleur is thanking Titans, players he's had, and his mentors: Brian Kelly, Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Dan Quinn, Sean McVay.

Mike Shanahan AND Brian Kelly?

That might be too much red-faced anger for me.

mraynrand
01-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Shurmur was the classic hire the guy who nearly cost me my job (5-2 Eagle!)

That was a thing of beauty, wasn't it? And I could watch that 1995 Divisional win 100 times. In fact, I probably did.

gbgary
01-09-2019, 07:10 PM
I had myself talked into being OK with a more activist CEO/Pres but then he said Ball had a vote. WTF?

:bs2:

:crazy:

i don't like Ball either since we learned about his roll in the Hyde/Hayward dismissals and when McCarthy sensed he was evil and issued his ultimatum.

Bretsky
01-09-2019, 07:43 PM
i don't like Ball either since we learned about his roll in the Hyde/Hayward dismissals and when McCarthy sensed he was evil and issued his ultimatum.

WAIT....WHAT DID I MISS.....WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ??

Tony Oday
01-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Are you still reverse jinxing? Just want to be sure before I blast you back :D

I would never do something like that...

QBME
01-09-2019, 09:00 PM
That large a hydroponic operation tends to attract attention.

:)

pbmax
01-09-2019, 10:39 PM
That was a thing of beauty, wasn't it? And I could watch that 1995 Divisional win 100 times. In fact, I probably did.

Completely unexpected. Road dogs, no history outside of playing frighteningly close playoff games against the Lions. Never been more happy to be surprised.

Kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Loved the stories afterward about Holmgren coughing up all the info on the 49ers offense.

pbmax
01-09-2019, 10:41 PM
WAIT....WHAT DID I MISS.....WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ??

I think Gary is extrapolating, but there was a report that Ball had taken on some additional TT duties during the last couple of years. I don't recall that anyone knew any details about what he did.

pbmax
01-09-2019, 10:42 PM
I would never do something like that...

OK then.

Joemailman
09-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Matt LaFleur is the first Packer head coach to win his first 2 games since...

https://www.consultantsmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Consultantsmind-Vince-Lombardi.png

red
09-15-2019, 08:58 PM
i think ML is gonna have one hell of a time dealing with the ego of rodgers

ML HAS to win this battle for the packers to win in the long run the offense just doesn't work when a-rod is running it his way

Joemailman
12-10-2020, 09:20 AM

Bump. How did you feel?

call_me_ishmael
12-10-2020, 09:27 AM
Could take Joe. Spot on. I was more neutral on him but I have really come to appreciate coach. I also think he's grown into the job and does a MUCH better job with the media these days. He was so nervous in his first presser.

Joemailman
12-10-2020, 09:46 AM
Could take Joe. Spot on. I was more neutral on him but I have really come to appreciate coach. I also think he's grown into the job and does a MUCH better job with the media these days. He was so nervous in his first presser.

Whatever happened to Monken?:huh: I remember those early days, not only of MLF addressing the media, but addressing the team. He was beyond awkward. Guess he had never had to do it before. The way he dealt with the whole Rodgers/audible situation was brilliant. He didn't let it become a bigger thing than it was. Now we're reaping the rewards of that. He's such an even keeled guy. It's why this team always seems to rebound from a poor performance. And why they don't get too cocky after a great performance.

Joemailman
12-10-2020, 09:54 AM
I wonder why APB hated the pick. Because it wasn't Sherman?

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2020, 11:07 AM
I wonder why APB hated the pick. Because it wasn't Sherman?

For the record, I wanted the Packers to hire a minority, preferably, a black, Asian or Turkish HC. But to answer your question, if they were gonna hire a Caucasoid, they shoulda gone with J-Mac.

Sherman was a better GM than he was as a coach. Sherman the GM never once missed the playoffs!

smuggler
12-10-2020, 12:17 PM
What? APB, are you trolling? Sherman was a great coach Tuesday to Saturday. He wasn't great at making the in-game adjustments that cost us in the playoffs against the Rams, Vikes, Falcons, etc. However you feel about him as a HC, he was certifiably worse as a GM. Just garbage.

Tony Oday (!!) with the worst take in the thread. I wasn't sold on MLF when it happened, but it seems like they got it right in hindsight.

Zool
12-10-2020, 12:31 PM
What? APB, are you trolling? Sherman was a great coach Tuesday to Saturday. He wasn't great at making the in-game adjustments that cost us in the playoffs against the Rams, Vikes, Falcons, etc. However you feel about him as a HC, he was certifiably worse as a GM. Just garbage.

Tony Oday (!!) with the worst take in the thread. I wasn't sold on MLF when it happened, but it seems like they got it right in hindsight.

Only on days ending in Y

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2020, 12:59 PM

12-4
12-4
10-6
10-6 (record allowed all the planets to align for Todd, and Todd took some cocky QB from Butte; Packers started 2-5 or something like that; say, Packers finished 6-10; would Todd take the Great Arm of Butte with, say, the 9th overall pick?; Todd loved Demarcus Ware!)

Never once missed the playoffs as GM! Sherman the coach lacked balls to “go for the kill.” 4th and 1, a hot RB, punted. The rest is 4th and 26 history.

smuggler
12-10-2020, 01:16 PM
Allowed the roster to fall to shit during his time as GM. Got fired as GM for incompetence. Any of that sound familiar?

texaspackerbacker
12-10-2020, 01:31 PM
Gosh, I feel responsible for this crap by bringing up the name Sherman in a positive way. I didn't realize it would trigger such a shitstorm hahahahaha.

The guy was 52-28 as a head coach. As a GM, he was a lousy drafter, but he was not afraid to play it close to the cap. I'm not saying he was the greatest GM ever, just IMO a helluva lot better than Ted Thompson. And as a coach, I'd say the record speaks for itself, although he did have Favre in his prime, so maybe he shoulda done even better. I'd probably rank him behind only Lombardi, Holmgren, and LaFleur as Packer head coaches - ahead of McCarthy.

This is all water over the dam IMO, and not really worth getting excited about, especially given the wonderfulness of this season and last season.

smuggler
12-10-2020, 02:06 PM
Hardly a shitstorm. I was happy to have Sherman compared to someone like Dave Wannstedt. He was good but he fell off by the end, and his failures in talent acquisition and cap management put him in a position to fail later as a coach. If we had someone better suited to the business and drafting side of things, I think his coaching was fine. In some ways I preferred him to McCarthy, because I felt Sherman was just smarter than McCarthy. But, it's close and McCarthy obviously had more success.

Fritz
12-10-2020, 02:09 PM
I like him, but I don't, you know, like him like him.

I think I'm starting to fall in love now.

RashanGary
12-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Allowed the roster to fall to shit during his time as GM. Got fired as GM for incompetence. Any of that sound familiar?

This is what happened. He took over a great roster and slowly destroyed it with short sighted decision making.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2020, 02:27 PM

How the fuck did the roster “fall to shit?”

Sherman kept Wolf’s hotshot OL intact by resigning the likes of Wahle and Clifton to competitive contracts. Wolf traded for Green via Sherman’s recommendation. Sherman drafted a Pro Bowl WR in J-Walk. Traded for Al Harris. Packers are still searching for Barnett’s replacement. Kampman had Kung fu. “Cletitdus” Clark can’t hold Cullen Jenkins’ jockstrap. Hell, Corey Fucking Williams, a 6th rounder, was good enough to net Todd a 2.

Sherman’s record as GM speaks for itself. If you don’t like seeing the Pack in the playoffs, go root for the Lions!

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2020, 02:33 PM
This is what happened. He took over a great roster and slowly destroyed it with short sighted decision making.

Wrong.

Sherman managed the cap efficiently and competently. Everybody and their baby’s mamas knew that the Networks were gonna eventually bail out the league...except for Todd. Thus, Sherman cooked the cap to keep the Pack competitive.

Todd took over and gave birth to 4-12. The Packers didn’t have to be 4-12. Shoulda cooked the cap. In Todd’s second season, all Todd did was hibernate with the Networks’ bailout money. 6-10 was the end result.

smuggler
12-10-2020, 02:33 PM
Joe Johnson, Cletius Hunt, Jamal Reynolds, BJ Sander. Didn't have any horses ready to replace Wolf's O-line guys. Screwed the pooch with Walker and Mike McKenzie.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2020, 02:42 PM
Joe Johnson, Cletius Hunt, Jamal Reynolds, BJ Sander. Didn't have any horses ready to replace Wolf's O-line guys. Screwed the pooch with Walker and Mike McKenzie.

Brohm, Harrell, Sherrod, Randall, King over Watt...Name a GM who has never fucked up in the draft.

The bottom line is, Sherman never once missed the playoffs as GM.

Go root for the fucking Lions! When’s the last time the Lions won a playoff game?

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Btw, Sherman got a 2 for the disgruntled McKenzie, who was originally a 3rd rounder. That’s a win.

The J-Walk fiasco was Todd’s.

Joemailman
12-10-2020, 03:00 PM
Packer head coaches after 28 games:

Curly Lambeau : 14-9-5

Vince Lombardi: 18-10

Mike Holmgren: 16-12

Mike Sherman: 18-10

Mike McCarthy: 18-10

Matt LaFleur: 22-6

Zool
12-10-2020, 03:29 PM

You're heading down a path many have tread. Don't do it man. It's not worth it. He's just trolling. He might legitimately love the pear shaped loser (PSL), but no one will ever really know. Or ever care.

RashanGary
12-10-2020, 04:31 PM
The psl :lol:

RashanGary
12-10-2020, 04:34 PM
Packer head coaches after 28 games:

Curly Lambeau : 14-9-5

Vince Lombardi: 18-10

Mike Holmgren: 16-12

Mike Sherman: 18-10

Mike McCarthy: 18-10

Matt LaFleur: 22-6

The worst part about Sherm-head was the team he took over was really good and theoretically his short sighted decisions of constantly trading up to fill perceived needs should have made us better in the short term. But the dwindled the talent so bad, there was no amount of need picking that could fix it eventually.

Which taught us all that you should add as much talent as possible all of the time or you'll go the way of the psl

Zool
12-10-2020, 04:36 PM
https://broslikethisleague.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/mike-sherman-sleeping.jpg

George Cumby
12-10-2020, 05:07 PM
I think I'm starting to fall in love with Rashan Gary, the player, not the poster, now.

FTFY

RashanGary
12-10-2020, 05:07 PM
I love how alert and involved the other guy is :lol:

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2020, 11:52 PM
Zool, please put me on your ignore list. It would be a honor to be right up there with Ole Tex and White Brandon (Black Brandon was/is cool, although he ain’t been black since...Dude loved/loves TE Tonyan Harding).

The only two posters on my ignore list are skinbasket and Cumby, and I don’t even know how to utilize the ignore list option. I simply don’t read their posts!

George Cumby
12-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Zool, please put me on your ignore list. It would be a honor to be right up there with Ole Tex and White Brandon (Black Brandon was/is cool, although he ain’t been black since...Dude loved/loves TE Tonyan Harding).

The only two posters on my ignore list are skinbasket and Cumby, and I don’t even know how to utilize the ignore list option. I simply don’t read their posts!

Lol.

You fucking pussy.

Zool
12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
Lol.

You fucking pussy.

This is amazing. I've had him blocked for months and I'm still taking up brain space.

I'm up there with Joe Johnson and Hardy Nickerson.