PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams Braydon Coombs hired

Vincenzo
01-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Spent 6 years as the Cincinnati Bengals Special teams coach.
Must be an improvement.

texaspackerbacker
01-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Just 32 years old hahahaha - is he gonna replace Zook? Or just be an assistant coordinator?

Pugger
01-11-2019, 01:46 PM
Now I'm hearing this isn't true. Geez, I wish these bozos would confirm stuff before they tweet. :-|

Vincenzo
01-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Now I'm hearing this isn't true. Geez, I wish these bozos would confirm stuff before they tweet. :-|
I think you might be right, PFT looks like they pulled their thread. You’d think they’d get it right.

red
01-11-2019, 03:12 PM

not in this day and age with 10 million jackasses all on twitter trying to be the one to break a story

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2019, 03:25 PM
He's hired again.

Vincenzo
01-11-2019, 04:29 PM
He's hired again.
Maybe the Packers hired the dude, fired him, then re-hired him again.

Fritz
01-11-2019, 05:20 PM

Well, Red called his ol' college buddy Matt LeFleur, and told him KYPack was available, so LeFleur immediately canned Coombs's ass so he could snare KY for special teams.

Fritz
01-11-2019, 05:22 PM
...then KY turned him down, and here we are again.

wist43
01-11-2019, 05:30 PM
Maybe the Packers hired the dude, fired him, then re-hired him again.

I was in jail pled guilty to some charges on jailTV, told the judge there were more charges... he said he couldn't sentence me on those. Told me when they let me out to turn myself back in, lol.... what the fuck sense does that make??

So I spent 15 days in jail, they released me out the back... I walked around to the front of the building and turned myself back in, lol... did another 15 days 😁

I miss being young 😁

pbmax
01-11-2019, 09:16 PM
not in this day and age with 10 million jackasses all on twitter trying to be the one to break a story

Hey, I'm just trying to help!

mraynrand
01-11-2019, 11:30 PM

It's really closer to 5 jackasses with 2 million posts apiece.

run pMc
01-12-2019, 08:16 AM
...then KY turned him down, and here we are again.

KY was just taking a page from McDaniels' playbook.

I am waiting for the Fire Coombs thread.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Must be an improvement.

That sounds very familiar.

Bretsky
01-12-2019, 09:27 AM

Wish I would know why HG2 didn't get the gig

My honest view was that it was a mutual decision that it was not a good fit but I'm not sure there is anything of substance for us there

mraynrand
01-12-2019, 09:32 AM

I'm guessing character

Fritz
01-12-2019, 10:26 AM

Nah, KY never took the job. He's hoping to get the Cinci special teams job so he can just drive across the river to work.

Cheesehead Craig
01-12-2019, 01:07 PM

My honest view was that it was a mutual decision that it was not a good fit but I'm not sure there is anything of substance for us there

I truly think that he just wants to stay in New England. He's just out there taking interviews so that that way Kraft knows he can leave at any time if he wants to. I think these interviews are just to force Kraft to do something sooner rather than later in regards to Belichick.

Patler
01-13-2019, 08:40 AM

I would not have even interviewed him, let alone hired him.

ThunderDan
01-13-2019, 09:20 AM

Come on Bretsky, you aren’t this slow.

McDaniels is an ass. He took the Cleveland job and then backed out. How can you ever trust someone like that going forward?

The new Cardinals coach is going to be up shit creek without a paddle if he fails there. After he stiffed USC no one will trust him either. He might get a FIU or Toledo gig again but what big college program will welcome him back if he fails?

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Come on Bretsky, you aren’t this slow.

McDaniels is an ass. He took the Cleveland job and then backed out. How can you ever trust someone like that going forward?

The new Cardinals coach is going to be up shit creek without a paddle if he fails there. After he stiffed USC no one will trust him either. He might get a FIU or Toledo gig again but what big college program will welcome him back if he fails?

Indianapolis?

Saban did the same thing, and now he can only coach for Alabama. No one else wants him. :)

Anyway, Bobby Petrino seems to always land on his feet...

ThunderDan
01-13-2019, 03:17 PM
Indianapolis?

Saban did the same thing, and now he can only coach for Alabama. No one else wants him. :)

Anyway, Bobby Petrino seems to always land on his feet...

Yeah, Indy. But Saban had a good collegiate record to rely on. JMac has nothing on his own except a failure in the NFL as HC.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 03:43 PM
Yeah, Indy. But Saban had a good collegiate record to rely on. JMac has nothing on his own except a failure in the NFL as HC.

Yep. But the recycling coach laundering machine seems to wash all these coaches clean, and there they are, back for more.

ThunderDan
01-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Yep. But the recycling coach laundering machine seems to wash all these coaches clean, and there they are, back for more.

Most do, look at Lane Kiffin. He is FAU because that is the only college that would take him.

Piss enough people off and the opportunities dry up.

call_me_ishmael
01-13-2019, 11:17 PM
Lane Kiffin is a different animal, though. I think if Kliff screws up but isn't an a-hole about it he could easily be an OC for a lot of teams.

Fritz
01-14-2019, 05:28 AM
So does GB have a special-teams coach, or not?

Vincenzo
01-14-2019, 04:16 PM
So does GB have a special-teams coach, or not?
Not yet.
“Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Darren Rizzi with the Dolphins is set to meet with the Packers about a spot on Matt LaFleur’s staff in Green Bay.”