PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL FIRE BRAYDON COOMS THREAD

Bretsky
01-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Get on board now before the train leaves the track

SERIOUS QUESTION.....WHO was our last good ST coach ????????///

I honestly don't remember any of them...…

Maybe Nolan Cromwell ? But that was LONG LONG ago

Bretsky
01-12-2019, 09:30 AM
If there is one thing GB excels in, it's hiring the motherload of all f'ck ups to coach special teams.

Come to GB to ruin your career

RIP new Special Teams Coach.

mraynrand
01-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Get on board now before the train leaves the track

SERIOUS QUESTION.....WHO was our last good ST coach ????????///

I honestly don't remember any of them...…

Maybe Nolan Cromwell ? But that was LONG LONG ago

yup. But that was because they had tremendous talent out there on special teams.

Bretsky
01-12-2019, 09:36 AM
He was in GB

So are you saying ThanksTed did a shittier job with getting solid depth/ST Talent then Wolf ? I'd tend to agree

mraynrand
01-12-2019, 09:42 AM
He was in GB

So are you saying ThanksTed did a shittier job with getting solid depth/ST Talent then Wolf ? I'd tend to agree

yeah, pretty much. But the Thompson years also had some pretty decent special teams too, corresponding to team depth.

ThunderDan
01-12-2019, 11:13 AM
He was in GB

I don’t say that at all. While the talent may not have been quite as good, the majority of fuck ups this year were mental. 4 and 1 at midfield and Zook puts the return call and doesn’t even think of playing safe. Detroit kicking a FG and no one things to line up with the guy standing 15 yards to the wing of the formation.

Zooks problem was mental preparation of players.

Vincenzo
01-12-2019, 01:02 PM
I don’t say that at all. While the talent may not have been quite as good, the majority of fuck ups this year were mental. 4 and 1 at midfield and Zook puts the return call and doesn’t even think of playing safe. Detroit kicking a FG and no one things to line up with the guy standing 15 yards to the wing of the formation.

Zooks problem was mental preparation of players.
Special teams coaches rarely stand out, I can only recall a few names since the mid-80’s and challenge any psycho-Packer fan to come up with more than 2 or 3 off the top of their heads.
But now that you ask, I’ll go with Nolan Cromwell given Desmond Howard’s exceptional kick off return in the Super Bowl.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 04:27 PM
I heard Jon Bonamego was available and that is not a joke.

I don’t think talent has been the problem on ST, at least not the largest one. It’s got to be related to practice and prep. Because I think with two exceptions they have been bottom half of League for M3’s tenure.

esoxx
01-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Mike Stock once opened the door for my wife and I at the Bay Park Square Mall in Green Bay.

He's the best.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Does this thread count if Joe didn't start it? He had the streak.

woodbuck27
01-12-2019, 11:04 PM
The Packers havn't officially hired Brayden Coombs yet.

woodbuck27
01-12-2019, 11:34 PM
The Green Bay Packers were finally exposed or