PDA

View Full Version : Official rest of the playoffs thread

Pages : [1] 2

Cheesehead Craig
01-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Kansas City is mopping the floor with Indy right now. But to me the most impressive thing is the field and the conditions in KC. It just looks like playoff football.

Joemailman
01-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Mahomes came up limping a bit. He has a knee.

Joemailman
01-12-2019, 06:14 PM
Mahomes 20-24 when holding the ball 2.5 seconds or less. Aaron Rodgers, if ypu're listenong...

Bretsky
01-12-2019, 06:20 PM
KC's preparedness and playcalling on the offensive side of the ball is elite.

What does Matty really have over Beinemy anyways (who we didn't bother to interview) ?

Joemailman
01-12-2019, 06:31 PM

What does Matty really have over Beinemy anyways (who we didn't bother to interview) ?

LaFleur, Monken and Bieniemy were my 3 guys. Surprised Bieniemy isn't getting a HC job. Does the fact that he was a RB coach before he was an OC hurt him?

Bretsky
01-12-2019, 06:33 PM
LaFleur, Monken and Bieniemy were my 3 guys. Surprised Bieniemy isn't getting a HC job. Does the fact that he was a RB coach before he was an OC hurt him?

He doesn't call plays, does he ?

That may be what hurt him the most

pbmax
01-12-2019, 07:20 PM

1st year OC with no play calling responsibilities?

pbmax
01-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Colts looked like they hadn't prepared on D until after the 1st quarter.

Turned out the offense hadn't actually created a game plan. Luck had to have at least 6 balls batted down on the line.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 07:30 PM
NFC North has the best unis overall, but the Rams uniforms are the best.

And I mean the WHOLE collection. Today's Ramming It blue and yellow throwbacks, the old school blue and white or the new blue and copper or whatever color that was they rolled out with the Greatest Show on Turf.

Joemailman
01-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Rams with 170 yards rushing in 1st half.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 09:33 PM
If Dak was slightly a better QB this game would be tied.

Goff can look awful throwing medium distance. Ball wobbles.

Penalties killing Cowboys D, not LB play.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 09:36 PM
Packer takeaways:

Gonna need both Williams and Jones if they run like this (Rams) because Jones isn’t as big as Gurley.

Big receivers will work well in this but they need a speedster like Cooks to make it dangerous.

Packers don’t have huge speed to edge so horizontal game will be limited unless they play it through the faster young WR. But McVay doesn’t hand it to the jet sweeper.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Elliot had a hole but he needed to step left.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 09:38 PM
First hand off to jet sweep of entire game.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Robert Klemnko
Andrew Whitworth is your MVP of this one so far. He's been burying Randy Gregory in 1-on-1s, allowing line to slide to Lawrence. Also getting to the second level on most runs. Having a monster game.

pbmax
01-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Just didn’t expect Goff to run for 11 yards and first down.

Pugger
01-12-2019, 11:12 PM
It doesn't break my heart to see the 'girls go home.

mraynrand
01-12-2019, 11:48 PM
So does Jason Garrett get an extension?

Joemailman
01-13-2019, 09:06 AM
So does Jason Garrett get an extension?

I say yes. They finished strong this year. Not gonna fire him because the couldn't stop Rams running game.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 09:25 AM
I say yes. They finished strong this year. Not gonna fire him because the couldn't stop Rams running game.

Jerry might consider firing the defensive coaches though. :D

Seriously, there is a huge difference between Seattle's run game and the Rams, in addition to the performance of the O lines.

Rand rightfully took a shot in another thread at the idea of play calling talent being of paramount importance in an offensive coach. Offensive design is far more important and the Rams demonstrated that. Seattle has a lot of top of the draft picks on their line but their offense is sticks and stones compared to the Rams run game.

It also another reason why the head coach demanding they run more is unlikely to be the key to any team's success. You offensive design should be telling you when to run or pass.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 10:06 AM
Hunter Henry expected to play today.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
From @NFLGameDay: The #Chargers are expecting TE Hunter Henry to make his season debut... in January.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 10:20 AM
Bill Barnwell @billbarnwell
To follow up on this:

Goff with play-action: 8-13, 104 yards, 86.7 rating, 80.9 QBR

Goff w/o play-action: 7-15, 82 yards, 63.8 rating, 33.4 QBR

Joemailman
01-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Bill Barnwell @billbarnwell
To follow up on this:

Goff with play-action: 8-13, 104 yards, 86.7 rating, 80.9 QBR

Goff w/o play-action: 7-15, 82 yards, 63.8 rating, 33.4 QBR

Goff threw for about 4700 yards and 32 TD's this season. Yet when I watch him play, I'm seldom impressed. I wonder what he'd look like in another offensive system.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 10:52 AM
Goff threw for about 4700 yards and 32 TD's this season. Yet when I watch him play, I'm seldom impressed. I wonder what he'd look like in another offensive system.

And I look at those results and think what an actually talented QB could do if you made things easy for them and set them up for the big plays.

I also don't think you can play zone against them just like you can't against the Patriots. You play man and figure out how to defense the run.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Things like this make me Bill Belichick is not a genius.

https://t.co/xQULeijLJW

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
Taped to the side of the stands where the Chargers will walk on to the field at Gillette Stadium, a reminder of today’s frigid forecast.

It's the northeast version of Hayden Fry painting the visiting locker room pink.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwyrx8BX4AAE9_B.jpg

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 12:11 PM
Jerry might consider firing the defensive coaches though. :D

Seriously, there is a huge difference between Seattle's run game and the Rams, in addition to the performance of the O lines.

Rand rightfully took a shot in another thread at the idea of play calling talent being of paramount importance in an offensive coach. Offensive design is far more important and the Rams demonstrated that. Seattle has a lot of top of the draft picks on their line but their offense is sticks and stones compared to the Rams run game.

It also another reason why the head coach demanding they run more is unlikely to be the key to any team's success. You offensive design should be telling you when to run or pass.

Especially when your offensive design forces the opposition into formations that you can run against. And you have Bettis and Payton as your running backs.

On a related note, the superfast threat in motion on every play sure seems to ball up the defenses. No wonder teams want to copycat KC and the Rams, but the caution is you can't copycat talent.

bobblehead
01-13-2019, 12:20 PM
If our offense doesn't look similar to what the patriots just did then I will be pissed we didn't hire Mcdaniels. I don't think Brady held the ball for more than 2.5 seconds a single time.

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2019, 12:35 PM
How about Rivers? A different story there.

gbgary
01-13-2019, 12:49 PM
"Brady will pick you apart underneath." what a concept. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes5.gif

Cheesehead Craig
01-13-2019, 12:52 PM
That Chargers defense is getting steamrolled.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 12:54 PM
"Brady will pick you apart underneath." what a concept. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes5.gif

The entire offense is designed to do that. The Packers offense was designed to do the opposite.

When its not in the plan and you don't drill or practice it, it doesn't happen.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 12:58 PM
Especially when your offensive design forces the opposition into formations that you can run against. And you have Bettis and Payton as your running backs.

On a related note, the superfast threat in motion on every play sure seems to ball up the defenses. No wonder teams want to copycat KC and the Rams, but the caution is you can't copycat talent.

I worry about that too but in recent weeks, a couple of defenses have just been ignoring the jet sweeper. If its man, one guy is moving. Otherwise, no one moves. Maybe the leverages change.

Rams gave it to them once and it almost cost them a turnover once. Melvin Gordon was the Badger who gave teams fits with that action and he isn't Tyreek Hill fast.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Its not become a primary offensive weapon yet. I think Ds will neutralize it by ignoring it until someone makes them pay.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:00 PM
If our offense doesn't look similar to what the patriots just did then I will be pissed we didn't hire Mcdaniels. I don't think Brady held the ball for more than 2.5 seconds a single time.

If you opponent insists on playing zone, it should never happen.

The AFC appears to suffer from the collection delusion that no one has ever tried to play these guys with a zone. Or that their zone is special. There are four people/groups who know this is not true: Rodney Harrison, Charles Woodson, Dom Capers and the Ravens D coaches.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:01 PM
Long way to go but Chargers in the playoffs has to be a terrible betting proposition.

Joemailman
01-13-2019, 01:11 PM
Chargers withe the swiss cheese defense.

At this rate, Patriots total yardage will be more than...

579!!!

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Rams O line versus Dallas D line.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw0AtwqU8AEPVOW.jpg:large

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:18 PM
If you voted for Anthony Lynn for Coach of the Year in the other thread, you should turn in your Packerrats voting credentials.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 01:18 PM
At some point, some D-coord is gonna figure out Brady is 41 and go beat the hell out of him.

gbgary
01-13-2019, 01:19 PM
The entire offense is designed to do that. The Packers offense was designed to do the opposite.

it's not like the Packers didn't have underneath routes on every freaking play. they did...and guys were open a lot but were ignored.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 01:25 PM
The AFC appears to suffer from the collection delusion that no one has ever tried to play these guys with a zone. Or that their zone is special. There are four people/groups who know this is not true: Rodney Harrison, Charles Woodson, Dom Capers and the Ravens D coaches.

true dat

Rutnstrut
01-13-2019, 01:26 PM

It doesn't matter what the game plan is for the Patriots. Hoody practices everything and could install a completely new offense mid game.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 01:30 PM
The Hoody strategy I was hoping for from the Chargers was to come out in man, holding on every receiver on every play and going after Brady and knocking his teeth out. Who cares if you get 10 holding penalties for 50 yards and three 15 yard UR penalties. Go kick the shit out of Brady. Man, teams are just stupid.

Cheesehead Craig
01-13-2019, 01:31 PM
There is not a single facet of the Chargers organization that has not shit the bed this game. The coaches, offense, defense, special teams, training staff, radio announcers.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:31 PM
it's not like the Packers didn't have underneath routes on every freaking play. they did...and guys were open a lot but were ignored.

The short passing game was limited and not fully developed. The Packers didn't run crossing routes almost at all until Cook was signed in 2016 and that was in reaction to another offensive slowdown. Those shorter routes were window dressing and diversions.

They were always looking for single coverage on which to go deep out wide. Rodgers threw those routes well and Jones and Nelson ran them well. When you don't practice it or drill it, it doesn't happen.

Victims of their own success.

Just remember what they tried to do to the Seahawks in Seattle in their first game versus the Legion of Boom. All first half, deep deep deep throws. No offense. At halftime they decided this wasn't working and, get this, decided to run more. Not move to a short passing game (though they did a little of this) they ran the ball instead.

That was the depth of the McCarthy offense at that point. Not until 2015 did he start to tinker, and then only while under duress. When people on offense got healthy, he proclaimed they had been scheming too much and went back to basics. Midseason 2016, during another offensive slowdown, he put in some crossing routes for Cook to get him in the offense. Rodgers willed that team to the playoffs on the extended offense.

You get what you coach. And McCarthy's short passing game was mainly WR screens.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:32 PM
true dat

At one point Denver had that figured out too, or it might have been the altitude that made Brady dizzy.

beveaux1
01-13-2019, 01:33 PM
I think the Patriots were ready today.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:35 PM
It doesn't matter what the game plan is for the Patriots. Hoody practices everything and could install a completely new offense mid game.

This is both right and wrong all at the same time. He would not install an entirely new offense. But he might call a game completely different. Or spend one game throwing on every down and the next running on every down.

Its not a different offense, its taking advantage of what a defense is willing to surrender. Chargers play a zone for 20 years ago? OK, we'll pass on it whoever we want and then let Gronk block for runs.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 01:40 PM
I take one of my McCarthy charges back, he loved to run the slant/flat combo route for two receivers but always throw the flat to a TE or RB who could never get it turned up field. Those are shorter routes.

Great to earn five yards to get a closer field goal, not great to lead a long drive for a TD.

But its more than short routes. Brady had a TD to Edleman that he let fly in 2.5-3 seconds that was a double move, kinda an out fake and corner route. Ball went 20-30 yards in air, Brady in no danger in pocket. Packers rarely had predictable open guys other than outside single coverage.

beveaux1
01-13-2019, 01:43 PM
That was a rare clock management issue.

Rutnstrut
01-13-2019, 01:43 PM
This is both right and wrong all at the same time. He would not install an entirely new offense. But he might call a game completely different. Or spend one game throwing on every down and the next running on every down.

Its not a different offense, its taking advantage of what a defense is willing to surrender. Chargers play a zone for 20 years ago? OK, we'll pass on it whoever we want and then let Gronk block for runs.

Yup, my point was he's not afraid to scrap what isn't working and to take what the other team is giving him.

beveaux1
01-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Packers rarely had predictable open guys other than outside single coverage.

I know you mean from 2015 to the present. Prior to that, we had receivers who were able to get open.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2019, 01:48 PM
So I just checked out the score on the internet. 35 points? Why the fuck didn't Murphy hire J-Mac?!?!

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 01:52 PM
So I just checked out the score on the internet. 35 points? Why the fuck didn't Murphy hire J-Mac?!?!

I'll tell you one more time. J-Mac isn't running the show. Who is your favorite former Belichick/Patriots assistant coach now Head Coaching in the NFL?

Bretsky
01-13-2019, 01:54 PM

THIS

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2019, 02:07 PM
I'll tell you one more time. J-Mac isn't running the show. Who is your favorite former Belichick/Patriots assistant coach now Head Coaching in the NFL?

Sure, Brady runs the show. But lest you forget, Rodgers is pretty elite, too. J-Mac just calls the plays.

So, you'd rather have the guy who hasn't won shit, helped fuck up RG3's career and turned Mariota into an average Joe over the winner and champion who gets short, slow, white receivers open, the guy who has made James Fucking White the best RB to come out of Wisconsin since Red Grange (?)?

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2019, 02:14 PM
The Hoody strategy I was hoping for from the Chargers was to come out in man, holding on every receiver on every play and going after Brady and knocking his teeth out. Who cares if you get 10 holding penalties for 50 yards and three 15 yard UR penalties. Go kick the shit out of Brady. Man, teams are just stupid.

I think that's the Pete Carroll strategy.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 02:18 PM
THIS

I remember that quick release Tebow offense so fondly.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Logan Ryan @RealLoganRyan
Chargers thought they was gonna go into Foxboro running the same zone defense every play against TB12����*♂️ now they down so they gotta go man to man which they don’t do #UhOh

denverYooper
01-13-2019, 02:22 PM

His offenses outside of New England were bad. Denver was 19th and 20th in ppg when he was running the show. The Rams were dead last during his stint there.

Joemailman
01-13-2019, 02:25 PM
If anybody is bored with this game, ESPN has the National Collegiate Cornhole Championship. on.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2019, 02:26 PM
His offenses outside of New England were bad. Denver was 19th and 20th in ppg when he was running the show. The Rams were dead last during his stint there.

Noted, but J-Mac didn't have an elite QB at either place. Rodgers would throw for 7000 yards/season and win multiple Super Bowls with J-Mac.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 02:27 PM
If anybody is bored with this game, ESPN has the National Collegiate Cornhole Championship. on.

That'll fill the hole in the schedule before darts start on BBC America.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 02:28 PM
I haven't found the link yet, but a substantial part of Anthony Lynn's staff have to have worked under Marty Shottenheimer.

Bretsky
01-13-2019, 02:28 PM
THE AFC IS JUST NOT FAIR

Hoody Genius is best coach in NFL
Hoody Genius Jr is best OC in the NFL

How in the heck is this team going to be in the final four teams in football ?

Next week it catches up to them. I can't imagine how their talent comes close to matching up with KC

pbmax
01-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Don Tequila @FlintFoster

Aikman: "Yeah you know Joe, I sniffed glue the other day until I could hear colors."

Buck: "The NFL is built Ford Tough."

ThunderDan
01-13-2019, 03:06 PM
He got 6 parts down. 4 steps, a knee and an elbow and the ref calls incomplete.

Fire his ass.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 03:08 PM
He got 6 parts down. 4 steps, a knee and an elbow and the ref calls incomplete.

Fire his ass.

I don't think Dez caught the ball even under the new rules, but THAT was a catch. Got it right after the committee meeting though.

19 down, 7:42 left. ANYONE'S GAME!

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Sure, Brady runs the show. But lest you forget, Rodgers is pretty elite, too. J-Mac just calls the plays.

So, you'd rather have the guy who hasn't won shit, helped fuck up RG3's career and turned Mariota into an average Joe over the winner and champion who gets short, slow, white receivers open, the guy who has made James Fucking White the best RB to come out of Wisconsin since Red Grange (?)?

Wait, so Tom Brady's responsible for what if J-Mac 'calls the plays.' Who is the head coach??

Uh, so you're saying J-Mac is responsible for White? So I guess you'd credit Romeo Crennel for the success of Harrison and Vrabel, no? And that translated into Romeo's great head coaching success, I'm sure.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Logan Ryan @RealLoganRyan
Chargers thought they was gonna go into Foxboro running the same zone defense every play against TB12����*♂️ now they down so they gotta go man to man which they don’t do #UhOh

New strategy: Go get the old man behind center. Make him wish he retired. 20 5 yard holding penalties is only 100 yards. You can only get assessed for one on each play.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Apparently Bon Jovi is in the owners booth. We need a Go Fund Me for an incapacitating Brady injury next week.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 03:35 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Patriots at Chiefs, Sunday, Jan 20, 6:40 pm EST.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Brees is too old! Put in Bridgewater!

Teamcheez1
01-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Nick Foles is the jedi master. He is only brought in to win playoff games.

Joemailman
01-13-2019, 04:13 PM
What is wrong with the Saints? Yikes.

Teamcheez1
01-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Our Saints draft pick looks to be getting better.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 04:20 PM
What is wrong with the Saints? Yikes.

Saints had been playing crappy for over a month at the end of the season...

ThunderDan
01-13-2019, 04:21 PM
Geez, Tony Romo is stupid. The refs announce that 2 turnovers occurred on the same play and while the review of the play is happening asks, “Can Philly challenge the ruling on the field?”

beveaux1
01-13-2019, 04:21 PM
Which team had the week off? Unbelievable.

beveaux1
01-13-2019, 04:22 PM
Geez, Tony Romo is stupid. The refs announce that 2 turnovers occurred on the same play and while the review of the play is happening asks, “Can Philly challenge the ruling on the field?”

Not Romo. He was doing the Patriot's game.

beveaux1
01-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Charles Davis is the announcer

ThunderDan
01-13-2019, 04:33 PM
Make that Charles Davis then.

denverYooper
01-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Taysom Hill sighting.

gbgary
01-13-2019, 04:37 PM
that fake may have invigorated the ain'ts.

Rastak
01-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Hope so.....

gbgary
01-13-2019, 04:43 PM
gutsy

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Egad, watching these playoffs is really depressing. One, cause we are not in them, and two cause it is clear we are not even competitive anymore, these teams are better coached, much more talented, faster, more aggressive, etc. Blah....

Rutnstrut
01-13-2019, 05:46 PM
Taysom Hill is far better than anyone the Packers have at back up QB. Hell he's a better receiver slash everything than GB has other than Adams and Aaron Jones.

Rutnstrut
01-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Egad, watching these playoffs is really depressing. One, cause we are not in them, and two cause it is clear we are not even competitive anymore, these teams are better coached, much more talented, faster, more aggressive, etc. Blah....

I have said that for years. Other teams are just light years ahead of a stubby coached team.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Eagles have completely stalled on offense. Everyone is going to say it was the non recovered fumble, or the INT or the fake punt, but the offense has gone to sleep.

Teamcheez1
01-13-2019, 06:19 PM
How many Eagles have been injured this game? Seems like they have lost upwards of 5 starters.

Rastak
01-13-2019, 06:36 PM
Fucking twit misses it.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 06:36 PM
Now for Alcoa's fantastic finishes!

Rastak
01-13-2019, 06:37 PM

Yea, a Saints pick six to seal it....I can't believe I'm cheering for these jackasses..

Rastak
01-13-2019, 06:40 PM
Well not a pick six but fuck the Eagles anyway!

Rastak
01-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Well, it looks like those dick smokers are done for the year. I can sleep well tonight.

yetisnowman
01-13-2019, 06:51 PM
Foles looked like he was one his way to delivering some magic and surpassing Rodgers in postseason GW drives. For whatever reason I find the Eagles more likeable than the Rams or Saints. Oh well, at least we got a competitive game.

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 07:12 PM
Eagles have completely stalled on offense. Everyone is going to say it was the non recovered fumble, or the INT or the fake punt, but the offense has gone to sleep.

astonishing, really.

pbmax
01-13-2019, 07:14 PM

Or not!

pbmax
01-13-2019, 07:16 PM
Its also surprising we have come to expect Foles to deliver in the playoffs when he has largely not delivered in his professional career. Will be interesting to see him in another offense.

Joemailman
01-13-2019, 07:29 PM

Couldn't disagree more. I agree with whoever said recently that the Packers picked a bad year to have a bad year. All these teams are beatable. Packers just barely missed road wins against some of the top teams in the NFC. Those teams were better coached, but the Packers are very competitive in terms of player talent.

Joemailman
01-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Well, it looks like those dick smokers are done for the year. I can sleep well tonight.

So...don't like the Eagles?

mraynrand
01-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Couldn't disagree more. I agree with whoever said recently that the Packers picked a bad year to have a bad year.

And they did pick it. Until I see otherwise, I'll alway believe this year was a tank job. I can only hope it ultimately pays off.

yetisnowman
01-13-2019, 07:58 PM
Couldn't disagree more. I agree with whoever said recently that the Packers picked a bad year to have a bad year. All these teams are beatable. Packers just barely missed road wins against some of the top teams in the NFC. Those teams were better coached, but the Packers are very competitive in terms of player talent.

And with this I couldn't disagree more. While scheme/coaching had certainly passed MM by, the 4 remaining teams have MULTIPLE impact players. If you took had to make your best 22 man squad from those 4 teams plus Green Bay how many Packers would make the cut? 2 is generous . The Packers are in desperate need of talent and versatility. Guys that create mismatches, guys that can win one on ones, and guys that are special.

Rastak
01-13-2019, 08:01 PM
So...don't like the Eagles?

:-)

pbmax
01-13-2019, 10:32 PM

That was me and I approve this message.

call_me_ishmael
01-13-2019, 11:06 PM
And with this I couldn't disagree more. While scheme/coaching had certainly passed MM by, the 4 remaining teams have MULTIPLE impact players. If you took had to make your best 22 man squad from those 4 teams plus Green Bay how many Packers would make the cut? 2 is generous . The Packers are in desperate need of talent and versatility. Guys that create mismatches, guys that can win one on ones, and guys that are special.

This. Left tackle, Defensive Tackle. That's it. It's even arguable that Kenny Clark makes the 22 man.

call_me_ishmael
01-13-2019, 11:08 PM

I completely disagree with this. Normally we agree on things though, Joe. They sort of hung with the Rams, I'll give you that. They played out of their minds that day and had some amazing coaching going on to keep them competitive. Their talent is not very good. That said, I think they're like 4 good players away from being pretty competitive since the good players they currently have are at the important, impactful positions.

Joemailman
01-20-2019, 02:55 PM
Rams really need a score. Nice fake punt to keep drive gpong.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 03:18 PM
Rams are fucking blowing it big time. Game isn't over yet but they are not looking good.

Joemailman
01-20-2019, 03:22 PM
Rams are fucking blowing it big time. Game isn't over yet but they are not looking good.

Their defense is starting to step up. Goff looks overwhelmed so far though

Rastak
01-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Their defense is starting to step up. Goff looks ovefwhelmed so far though.

I agree with both points. They are starting to step it up but offensively they are struggling big time.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 03:28 PM
Ok, now that was a good toss by Goff......

Joemailman
01-20-2019, 03:29 PM
Wow. Nice drive.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:00 PM
America’s next great QB just caught a touchdown from Brees.

Joemailman
01-20-2019, 04:02 PM
Nice drive that was mostly running backs.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:03 PM
Also shoutout to Sam Shields for catching the fake punt pass.

Packers need to enlist the services of whatever CA clinic helped him recover from concussions.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Nice drive that was mostly running backs.

Failure to cover RB crossing route or fade with LB is not just a Packer D issue.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 04:14 PM
Glad the game is competitive. Looked bad at first.

Go Rams!........although Kroenke is an asshole.

Some guys like Jerry Jones made their fortune drilling for oil. Kroenke drilled a Walton.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:15 PM
C’mon Rams! Lower that drat pick!

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:15 PM
Glad the game is competitive. Looked bad at first.

Go Rams!........although Kroenke is an asshole.

Some guys like Jerry Jones made their fortune drilling for oil. Kroenke drilled a Walton.

Is that where the money is from really?

Rastak
01-20-2019, 04:17 PM
Is that where the money is from really?

Yea, he married Sam Walton's daughter....

Edit: He apparently inherited a bunch of shit when James Walton died.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:19 PM
Oh would justice have been served to have a wildcat Hill play lead to a turnover.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Nice veteran mugging there :D

Rastak
01-20-2019, 04:32 PM
Nice veteran mugging there :D

Yup, Rams need to step that defense up and start pounding Brees.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:34 PM
Rams hold on to about three more throws, including on D, and this is a different game.

Guiness
01-20-2019, 04:38 PM
Great game. The crowd has had an effect all game - minimizing McVay's impact and making Goff make some of his own calls. They're disciplined too, you could hear a pin drop when when the Saints are in their huddle!

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:41 PM
KYP!

I think your guy is on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/coachpaulalex/status/1087063831988391943?s=21

Rastak
01-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Great game. The crowd has had an effect all game - minimizing McVay's impact and making Goff make some of his own calls. They're disciplined too, you could hear a pin drop when when the Saints are in their huddle!

Turning into a great game indeed Guiness.

Guiness
01-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Reynolds again. wow

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:44 PM
Dumb to kick here.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Dumb to kick here.

Not sure I agree....Rams should tie it and crank up that defense.

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 04:47 PM
Dumb to kick here.
They had to tie it up....too risky at that stage of the game.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 04:52 PM
`Poorly played by the defensive back.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:53 PM
And that is why DBs play defense.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Not sure I agree....Rams should tie it and crank up that defense.

You can’t guarantee D. But you can guarantee 7 points or Saints start drive at their 1 yard line.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:55 PM
They had to tie it up....too risky at that stage of the game.

Risky is giving Saints a start at their 30 versus their 1 and needing one score to win.

yetisnowman
I'm quite sure the analytics would say the Rams had a higher chance to win going for it. McVay tightened up. Less than a yard, I think you had to go for it. Either way you had to play defense to get the ball back.

pbmax
Dumb to play for INT.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Dumb to play for INT.

Yup, bat that ball down.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Risky is giving Saints a start at their 30 versus their 1 and needing one score to win.

Forget the big play which changes all the calculus on this drive.

Saints on 25 after kickoff need 35-40 yards to get GW field goal. FG was dumb move.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 04:59 PM
That’s how you do it.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 04:59 PM
Why in the flying fuck to they need to say "No Flag" on every pass play? I mean all the time.

edit: That WAS a penalty for the record.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Rams could have taken away one more TO and maybe more if they don’t throw from the red zone.

Where were they? 15?

Rastak
Rams hands are shit I've noticed.

Guiness
holy shit that was a penalty! helmet to helmet and not playing the ball, you can not use the 'let them play' excuse there

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:02 PM
Goff’s throwing motion is hinky.

WR should have had that first pass.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:04 PM
Damn Goff, didn't place it well as the announcers mentioned.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 05:05 PM
That's the 3rd blatant PI not called on the Rams. Clear to see who the NFL wants to win.

Rastak
Tense game.

red
fuck the saints fans. i'm glad they screwed them by not throwing a flag

#1 rule is sports? YOU DON'T BRING AND BLOW A FUCKING WHISTLE DURING THE GAME!!!!!!

fuck the saints fan for doing it non stop while the rams have the ball. fuck all the saints fans sitting around him for allowing them to do it. fuck the nfl security, fuck the saint organization for not putting a stop to it. fuck the refs for not calling an unsportsmanlike on the saints for their fans being shitheads. and fuck fox for allowing their audio to continue to pick it up

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:06 PM
Anyone see an angle where the ball was past Kamara already at time of hit?

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:06 PM

#1 rule is sports? YOU DON'T BRING AND BLOW A FUCKING WHISTLE DURING THE GAME!!!!!!

fuck the saints fan for doing it non stop while the rams have the ball. fuck all the saints fans sitting around him for allowing them to do it. fuck the nfl security, fuck the saint organization for not putting a stop to it. fuck the refs for not calling an unsportsmanlike on the saints for their fans being shitheads. and fuck fox for allowing their audio to continue to pick it up

Can't argue that Red,....it is bullshit.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:07 PM

I did not but then again I'm multitasking and drinking.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:08 PM
That ball swerved twice!

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 05:08 PM

Even if they didn't call the PI it was helmet to helmet. You can fuck up one call but two is clearly a fix.

red
01-20-2019, 05:09 PM
well that kick moved a couple different ways, with no wind

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:09 PM
That's the 3rd blatant PI not called on the Rams. Clear to see who the NFL wants to win.

Yeah. The NFL is against Brees and NO.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:10 PM
Even if they didn't call the PI it was helmet to helmet. You can fuck up one call but two is clearly a fix.

Uncatchable ball. He’s not a receiver if he’s defending himself from the hit.

red
01-20-2019, 05:11 PM

i was only paying attention when they showed that one horrible angle from right behind the play, so you couldn't tell anything

but even live, from the opposite angle, it looked like the hit was early. closer then the replay showed, but still early

the ref though was right behind the players, maybe he didn't see the contact?

Rutnstrut
Yeah. The NFL is against Brees and NO.

Pretty clear they want their shiny new toy McVay in the Superb Owl.

Fosco33
Guess I’d rather have Saints lose here.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:12 PM

I'd rather see them in the Owl than the Saints.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 05:12 PM
"maybe he didn't see the contact?"

I guess that could have been it. IF he had his fucking eyes shut and his back turned.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:13 PM

I doubt it. LA not in love with pro football yet. Brady and Brees would be monster ratings.

KC is the team that needs to worry.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:15 PM
Nice play. 13 was WIDE open.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:15 PM
I doubt it. LA not in love with pro football yet. Brady and Brees would be monster ratings.

KC is the team that needs to worry.

I absolutely want to see the Chiefs in it. Actually, Chiefs beating the shit out the Saints might be the best scenario for me.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:16 PM
Was that Tom Wolfe behind Sean Payton?

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:17 PM
LOL......

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:18 PM
Refs out to lunch.

You want to know why we should ban instant replay? All the late whistles.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 05:19 PM
I guess now you can just run into receivers. Fuckin refs in this game are HORRIBLE.

Rastak
Refs out to lunch.

You want to know why we should ban instant replay? All the late whistles.

Yea, that's garbage, I agree. Call it real time or don't.

pbmax
Good ball security there C.J. could be so much worse.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:21 PM
Not a bad play by Goff.....not exactly amazing but it works.

pbmax
That was an amazing throw.

Rastak
This is tricky........long assed field goal.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:22 PM
I think McCarthy is coaching both sides.

Fosco33
01-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Miss this and it’s a really short field for aints

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:23 PM
WOW, he drills it!

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:24 PM
Higher draft pick here we come!

Teamcheez1
01-20-2019, 05:24 PM
Higher draft pick here we come!

Yes!!! No worse than 30 now.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 05:25 PM
The refs should get part of this win.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:26 PM
Aaron Schatz
.@EdjSports Game Winning Chance on the #LARams⁠ ⁠' fourth-and-1: 46.9 percent with a run, 34.5 percent with a field goal. That's a big error.

red
01-20-2019, 05:26 PM
That kick would have been dead center from 70+

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 05:27 PM
No doubt the Saints got ripped off on that non-call but the Rams are a gods team.

red
01-20-2019, 05:27 PM
That was an amazing throw.

Yes that was

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Brian Burke
ESPN's Win Probability (WP) model says the Rams likely made a major error by electing for a field goal attempt on 4th and goal from the Saints' 1-yard line. The WP for the FG attempt would be 43.2%, while the WP for going for it would be 55.3%. The Rams... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

George Cumby
01-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Saints were robbed. Makes me not want to watch the NFL

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Tie it up and the game is alive so live for another play. Rams coach would normally go for it, but pulled back the reigns on that one.
Kinda surprising actually.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Saints were robbed. Makes me not want to watch the NFL

Makes me happy..

Guiness
01-20-2019, 05:41 PM

Pretty hard to argue with that. I really don't like either of these teams (well, don't like Kroenke, and before him Georgia!) but you're absolutely right the refs should've put a stop to the whistles.

Guiness
01-20-2019, 05:42 PM
That ball swerved twice!

looked like my classic 9 iron hookslice onto the green on a par 3...

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:43 PM
looked like my classic 9 iron hookslice onto the green on a par 3...

Twice in 2 seconds I thought it was going wide right :lol:

mraynrand
01-20-2019, 05:45 PM
No doubt the Saints got ripped off on that non-call but the Rams are a gods team.

Which god?

I thought the Packers were God's team?

mraynrand
01-20-2019, 05:46 PM

I thought exactly the same thing, except with fewer F-bombs. But I'm not drunk yet.

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 05:48 PM
Which god?

I thought the Packers were God's team?
Lol, that predictive text, I meant a good team. Oops

yetisnowman
01-20-2019, 05:48 PM
Brian Burke
ESPN's Win Probability (WP) model says the Rams likely made a major error by electing for a field goal attempt on 4th and goal from the Saints' 1-yard line. The WP for the FG attempt would be 43.2%, while the WP for going for it would be 55.3%. The Rams... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Pretty bad. But somewhat understandable to tighten up given the stakes. When McCarthy punted at the end of the Seattle gamethis year our chances of winning went from something like 45% to 17%. Pretty egregious.

Fritz
01-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Tie it up and the game is alive so live for another play. Rams coach would normally go for it, but pulled back the reigns on that one.
Kinda surprising actually.

Actually, I saw a recent statistical analysis that showed McVay is one of the most strategically conservative coaches in the entire NFL. So it's no surprise.

Aren't we happy the Packers will get a slightly better draft pick now? Go Patriots!

pbmax
01-20-2019, 05:50 PM
I am willing to be wrong here, but I don't think this is as clearly blown as the initial reaction has decided.

https://twitter.com/BrandonSaho/status/1087122637556461568

Its not head to head, though if it was called I would not be surprised. And its not at all clear he got there ahead of the ball. Hard to judge from the angles they showed, but it's close.

My question (beside needing a better sideline angle) is can you be called for PI if ball is at or past the receiver in route?

NFL supposedly told Payton it was a blown call, but I doubt that is official yet.

red
I thought exactly the same thing, except with fewer F-bombs. But I'm not drunk yet.

me either. turns out i don't have to drink as much when the packers aren't playing

pbmax
Actually, I saw a recent statistical analysis that showed McVay is one of the most strategically conservative coaches in the entire NFL. So it's no surprise.

Aren't we happy the Packers will get a slightly better draft pick now? Go Patriots!

Yeah, that offense is a lot of play action and short throws. Will be interesting to see what Packer personnel can do with it.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 05:51 PM
Hopefully the refs don't determine the outcome of this game.

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 05:53 PM
Yeah, that offense is a lot of play action and short throws. Will be interesting to see what Packer personnel can do with it.
Maybe another Justin Harrell

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 05:54 PM
Running the ball and short passes work? It can't be so.

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 05:55 PM
I get why we were cheering for the Rams but why are we cheering for the Patriots here? How exactly does this AFC game affect the Pack?

MadtownPacker
01-20-2019, 05:58 PM
Sometimes karma take a decade.....

http://www.hotindienews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/large_brett-favre-610.jpg

Rastak
01-20-2019, 05:58 PM
I get why we were cheering for the Rams but why are we cheering for the Patriots here? How exactly does this AFC game affect the Pack?

I'm not cheering for the Pats......who are "we"?

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 05:59 PM
I'm not cheering for the Pats......who are "we"?
Packers. I just don’t get how this game affects the Packers draft position

Joemailman
01-20-2019, 06:01 PM

Patriots win, Saints have 29th pick. Chiefs win, Saints have 30th pick.

red

http://www.hotindienews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/large_brett-favre-610.jpg

when did your banning expire?

George Cumby
Lawrence Guy starting for the pats. I did not know this.

red
01-20-2019, 06:02 PM

a lot of folks on here decided weeks ago that draft position doesn't matter at all when drafting

Rastak
01-20-2019, 06:03 PM

Ah, that's the answer.

I have family in KC so go Chiefs!

pbmax

Patriots have worse record than Saints. If they lose today, they pick before Saints in draft, pushing Packer selection back.

If Patriots win, they pick behind Saints no matter the record and the Chiefs with better record push Saints to one pick higher I believe.

Vincenzo
That makes sense, thanks.

Fritz
01-20-2019, 06:04 PM
Because the draft order is dependent upon regular-season recird AND playoff success.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 06:05 PM

http://www.hotindienews.com/wp-content/uploadsfavre-610.jpg

Hey, can we get some space to store spreadsheets on the site? Thinking about doing Packer draft scouting package.

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Patriots have worse record than Saints. If they lose today, they pick before Saints in draft, pushing Packer selection back.

If Patriots win, they pick behind Saints no matter the record and the Chiefs with better record push Saints to one pick higher I believe.
Got it. It’s just tough cheering Pats.

Joemailman
01-20-2019, 06:08 PM
Chiefs/Rams would be Battle Of The Coaching Trees.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Nice!

Joemailman
01-20-2019, 06:13 PM
WTF GOAT?

Vincenzo
01-20-2019, 06:17 PM
WTF GOAT?
I say the GOAT was Bart Starr, but I’m a homer.

Joemailman
01-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Chiefs D is gonna get gassed early if this keeps up.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 06:28 PM
How can you have delay when the ref is the one holding things up? I get the subs thing. But the play clock should stop during that.

red
01-20-2019, 06:29 PM
How can you have delay when the ref is the one holding things up? I get the subs thing. But the play clock should stop during that.

agreed

Rastak
01-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Nice!

Wide open.

esoxx
01-20-2019, 06:41 PM
That makes sense, thanks.

The hell I would ever cheer for the Pats just to move up one spot late in the first round.

Go Chiefs!

Teamcheez1
01-20-2019, 06:48 PM
This game falls squarely so far on the poor performance by the Chiefs offense. Zero points in the first half is pathetic.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 06:51 PM
This game falls squarely so far on the poor performance by the Chiefs offense. Zero points in the first half is pathetic.

I have to agree.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 06:53 PM
Sideshow Bob is under performing for the Chiefs.

MadtownPacker
01-20-2019, 07:02 PM
when did your banning expire?Banning is actually my vacation, being here is the actual punishment.
T

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:10 PM
The hell I would ever cheer for the Pats just to move up one spot late in the first round.

Go Chiefs!

I am not sure anyone is rooting FOR them, but just making the best of the inevitable. :)

Rastak
01-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Hey not so fast Jack......

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Chiefs offense looks very Packer like. Pass to nowhere, little bit of run, huge bomb downfield. Difference is Kelce in middle.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:13 PM
Every Patriot game looks the same. Like Belichick had two weeks and the other team is playing after a Thursday game the same week.

Oddly, Packers were an exception most often.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:16 PM
BTW, Dave Toub, ST super genius was outmaneuvered on his kick returns badly in first half.

Colquitt almost saved the half on a bomb of a punt.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:17 PM
There was a Brady is done movement for most of this year and I think you can see signs of it.

Maybe overblown, but he is not as accurate.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 07:17 PM
I am not sure anyone is rooting FOR them, but just making the best of the inevitable. :)

I am for sure rooting for them. The Pats are my second favorite team.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:18 PM
Well, it’s better than rooting for the Cowboys. :D

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 07:19 PM
There was a Brady is done movement for most of this year and I think you can see signs of it.

Maybe overblown, but he is not as accurate.

If Brady is done, Rodgers should retire today.

pbmax
Chiefs have lost 50 yards of field position trying to be athletic.

Rastak
I am for sure rooting for them. The Pats are my second favorite team.

You from the North East?

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 07:22 PM
You from the North East?

Nope, just really like the string of great teams hoody always seems to put together with little to nothing.

Rastak
01-20-2019, 07:24 PM
Nope, just really like the string of great teams hoody always seems to put together with little to nothing.

I will give him credit for getting the most of guys.

esoxx
01-20-2019, 07:27 PM
I will give him credit for getting the most of guys.

It helps when you video tape the other team's walk through the day before the game. I give him credit for that.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:29 PM
Chiefs defense adjusted better than offense.

Kelce shouldn’t have dropped that pass.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:30 PM
Why play zone?

Guiness
01-20-2019, 07:31 PM
I am willing to be wrong here, but I don't think this is as clearly blown as the initial reaction has decided.

https://twitter.com/BrandonSaho/status/1087122637556461568

Its not head to head, though if it was called I would not be surprised. And its not at all clear he got there ahead of the ball. Hard to judge from the angles they showed, but it's close.

My question (beside needing a better sideline angle) is can you be called for PI if ball is at or past the receiver in route?

NFL supposedly told Payton it was a blown call, but I doubt that is official yet.

Not following you here pb. The rule is helmet to helmet, which there was, while the wr is looking back for the ball (definition of defenseless). Wr is knocked off his feet while ball is still catchable. DB never locates the ball.

What more to you want?

Rutnstrut
01-20-2019, 07:36 PM
Not following you here pb. The rule is helmet to helmet, which there was, while the wr is looking back for the ball (definition of defenseless). Wr is knocked off his feet while ball is still catchable. DB never locates the ball.

What more to you want?

Yup, this one was clearly PI and or a helmet to helmet. It was clearly a fuck up.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:37 PM

What more to you want?

Defender is allowed to occupy his space. So catchable ball, even without a hit is debateable.

I did not see much helmet to helmet except one secondary bounce off. And it’s hard to tell if it’s actual contact or just neck snap.

What I don’t know is rule about hitting receiver after ball is by you.

If you are right and hit prevents the catch, then I see your point.

pbmax
01-20-2019, 07:39 PM
Watched it again. Was helmet to helmet but almost a loving touch I would say.

Ear to ear, an elephants kiss if you will.

:)