PDA

View Full Version : 2019 BREAKING NEWS ABOUT THE NEW OC!!

pbmax
01-14-2019, 05:09 PM
Exclusive to PackerRats: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30783-Packers-hiring-LaFleur&p=1002323&viewfull=1#post1002323

red
01-14-2019, 06:25 PM
ummmmmm

yuck?

Bretsky
01-14-2019, 07:16 PM
yuk, but I guess Id take him over Philbin

Fritz
01-15-2019, 09:17 AM
So he's Paul Hackett's son, who is from the Bill Walsh coaching tree.

Maybe we can find some coaches from the Cury Lambeau coaching tree, too.

wow.

But what do we know, really? Maybe it'll be great, maybe it'll suck.

Remember, the vast majority of Packerrats wanted MM out and new coaches in. Myself included.

Be careful what you wish for, huh?

mraynrand
01-15-2019, 10:12 AM
They could bring in coach Lombardi from the Saints.

pbmax
01-15-2019, 10:27 AM
So he's Paul Hackett's son, who is from the Bill Walsh coaching tree.

Maybe we can find some coaches from the Cury Lambeau coaching tree, too.

wow.

But what do we know, really? Maybe it'll be great, maybe it'll suck.

Remember, the vast majority of Packerrats wanted MM out and new coaches in. Myself included.

You know, except for Lovato, no one knew the Holmgren coaches. Ray Rhodes was not the name everyone was throwing out for coaching vacancies in 1991 and 1992.

I think I will apply the lessons of Ted's drafts. It better if we can't find any info on a guy.

And the other lesson, let the Browns win the offseason.

mraynrand
01-15-2019, 10:35 AM
You know, except for Lovato.

Lovato?

Domo arigato Mr. Lovato?

pbmax
01-15-2019, 11:04 AM
Lovato?

Domo arigato Mr. Lovato?

I think I meant Tom Wopat.

Pugger
01-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Hackett isn't calling the plays so I don't know what the big deal is.

The Shadow
01-15-2019, 11:48 AM

Right! So he can't Hackett all up.

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2019, 12:10 PM
I'm also assuming that Lafleur will be calling the plays himself, but has he stated that yet? To me, it's kinda unnatural for an offense-minded head coach to delegate play calling to somebody else.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-15-2019, 12:49 PM
I'm also assuming that Lafleur will be calling the plays himself, but has he stated that yet? To me, it's kinda unnatural for an offense-minded head coach to delegate play calling to somebody else.

Said so at his maiden press conference, much to pb's abhorrence.

bobblehead
01-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Bortles regressed every year he spent with hackett. Don't like hiring guys who have failed everywhere they have been and I hate the excuse of not having enough talent to work with. Bortles looked pretty good until Hackett came to town.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Bortles regressed every year he spent with hackett. Don't like hiring guys who have failed everywhere they have been and I hate the excuse of not having enough talent to work with. Bortles looked pretty good until Hackett came to town.

Yeah, he looked good in college. Bortles' best NFL season was actaully last season with Hackett. The guy was almost benched for Chad Henne, for fuck's sake!

Btw: Todd shoulda drafted Henne instead of Brohm.

mraynrand
01-15-2019, 01:08 PM
I think I meant Tom Wopat.

ha ha - I posted the same thing in another thread...

mraynrand
01-15-2019, 01:13 PM

Honestly I don't think this should make much difference. On most plays, HC, OC and QB ought to pretty much know what play is gonna get called. They frickin' print out a laminated sheet that looks like the engineering diagrams from 'Contact' every damn week so that they know what to call for every down, distance and game situation.

red
01-15-2019, 06:27 PM

mccarthy had worn out his welcome, become stale, and pretty much ran the team into the ground

he needed to go

but with a few years left in a-rods hall of fame career, we needed to swing for the fences

looks like we bunted, or took the walk

red
01-15-2019, 06:28 PM

well, the new HC has exactly 1 season of calling plays (and the team sucked), so it would have been nice to get someone with some experience in the matter

Joemailman
01-15-2019, 06:53 PM

Bortles was never really good. He put up some big numbers in 2015 because we was the king of garbage time. His poor play in the 1st half of games that year was a contributing factor to there being so much garbage time. The most success he had as a QB was in 2017 under Hackett when he had a solid running game to support him.

mraynrand
01-15-2019, 09:53 PM
mccarthy had worn out his welcome, become stale, and pretty much ran the team into the ground

he needed to go

but with a few years left in a-rods hall of fame career, we needed to swing for the fences

everything is the worst thing

Fritz
01-16-2019, 05:07 AM

he needed to go

But Red, who would've been your "swing for the fences" guy? Give me some names!