PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Writers All Rookie Team

pbmax
01-15-2019, 01:49 PM
First round pick Jaire Alexander made the team.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw-WS0jX4AIUm1U.jpg

mraynrand
01-15-2019, 02:08 PM
The rookies play a 4-3 apparently

red
01-15-2019, 09:48 PM
lets hope this is just the beginning, and not the highlight of alexanders career

he certainly flashed some skills early on, then kinda fizzled

Fritz
01-16-2019, 05:13 AM
Outside of Gute's first round pick and his wheeling-and-dealing to get an extra #1, last year's draft class features an uncertain future for the #2 pick, a hole where the #3 pick was, a possible miss at #4, an AWOL guard at #5, two receivers with potential at #5 & 6, and a punter who looked about as good as a UDFA. And a practice-squad Ted pick at #7.

mraynrand
01-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Outside of Gute's first round pick and his wheeling-and-dealing to get an extra #1, last year's draft class features an uncertain future for the #2 pick, a hole where the #3 pick was, a possible miss at #4, an AWOL guard at #5, two receivers with potential at #5 & 6, and a punter who looked about as good as a UDFA. And a practice-squad Ted pick at #7.

how 'bout that long-snapper?

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2019, 09:42 AM
I tend to think that Gooter's first draft looks pretty bad so far. I hope the players develop. Alexander looks pretty good but the rest have been pretty underwhelming. Burks as a 3rd and the punter as a 5th look like really bad selections at this time. Josh Jackson looks that way as well one year in, although he at least looked good in preseason so we'll see. Alexander's small stature scares me long term. He looks like a decent player when healthy but I have to wonder if they wouldn't have been better off with LVE. He sure looks like a star in Dallas.

This is a make or break year for Gooter. If he screws this one up, we've got a real problem on our hands. They need talent badly, and this year they have high picks and ample talent that corresponds with their positions of need. In the words of Kevin Green, it is time.