PDA

View Full Version : The Great Debate

Packnut
09-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Well after watching parts of all today's games, we can honestly start debating who our #1 pick should be next season.

Now before you jump all over me and say it's only 1 game, I've watched the other teams who are in the running for the #1 pick. Buffalo, NYJ and even the Niners are way ahead of us talent and coaching wise. Watching the Saint offense made me jealous cause we could have had a HC who knows offense.

There really is'nt gonna be anything else to discuss Packer wise this season so why not try something positive?

Now things can change but IF Green stays healthy and shows he can be our #1 back next season, then we gotta go with Mr Irish. Brady has the potential to be the next Brett Favre. Now if Green can't handle it then we gotta go RB and there will be a bunch to choose from.

Ok, let the great debate begin!

Lurker64
09-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Trade down, of course. Maybe we can get the entire sixth and seventh rounds next year.

Though you have overlooked that potentially we'll get to talk about how this young team is gelling towards the end of the season, that's what I'm looking forward to.

Packnut
09-10-2006, 06:09 PM
[quote="Lurker64"]Trade down, of course. Maybe we can get the entire sixth and seventh rounds next year.

Now THAT made me chuckle!

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
we've already drafted rodgers and martin...why draft another young quarterback? get more OL, and some secondary

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Based on today's performance, I think there's a good chance we get the #1 pick. Someone is going to give up a lot for Brady Quinn.

Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Jr., or Jeff Samardzija?

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Based on today's performance, I think there's a good chance we get the #1 pick. Someone is going to give up a lot for Brady Quinn.

Samardizja

falco
09-10-2006, 06:24 PM
This team nots going to get any better until we get a good coach.

I think TT has been okay as a GM, but his coach selection was terrible.

Packnut
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM
we've already drafted rodgers and martin...why draft another young quarterback? get more OL, and some secondary

Rodgers has shown very little so why risk the future on him? Brady is much more a sure thing.

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 06:26 PM

Rodgers has shown very little so why risk the future on him? Brady is much more a sure thing.

but doesn't that sort of make us like the detroit lions, except with quarterbacks instead of drafting receivers?

i dunno

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 06:28 PM
We have FAR bigger problems on this team than an untested QB

OL, RB, WR, DL, CB, S

justanotherpackfan
09-10-2006, 06:29 PM

Samardizja
Heck no!!!!! I take it you don't know anything about Calvin Johson, am I right? He is 6"5 235 with a 45 inch vertical, you do the math. The guy can flat out play and is ready for the pros right now. Out of all those choices Johnson is the hands down best with Ginn probably second.

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 06:30 PM

Samardizja
Heck no!!!!! I take it you don't know anything about Calvin Johson, am I right? He is 6"5 235 with a 45 inch vertical, you do the math. The guy can flat out play and is ready for the pros right now. Out of all those choices Johnson is the hands down best with Ginn probably second.

ok i'll admit it you got me there i went for the flashy well known notre dame pick... :oops:

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Out of all those choices Johnson is the hands down best with Ginn probably second.

I second that.

justanotherpackfan
09-10-2006, 06:32 PM
We have FAR bigger problems on this team than an untested QB

OL, RB, WR, DL, CB, S
Agreed, as boring as it might be an o lineman might be our best bet.

red
09-10-2006, 06:35 PM

brady has shown absolutely nothing in the pros, and even less then rodgers showed in college. rodgers was a great college qb, plus rodgers is already in his second year in the nfl, and is starting to get comfortable . why scrap that and start over with another rookie where you'll have to wait 2 or 3 years for him to be ready? and brady isn't even a lock to be a great pro qb, no one is

if we get the first pick, and if green proves he's 100% then it gets difficult. i don't want another qb, but adrian peterson would be there. and if you don't want one of those two, then you trade down. i don't agree that we need more young o-linemen. but a TE, or WR (jarett), or cb would be nice

or, use it in a trade for freeney. if they franchise him, we can send the top pick to them for him and their 1st round pick.

we have plenty of young talent, we need some vet talent at this point

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 06:38 PM

How can you say that at this point? It was Tausch and Clifton that got manhandled this game, not the kids. And don't get me started on Woodson!

Chubbyhubby
09-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I'd say Brady Quinn or Ted Gynn Jr. Both are awesome players. If I was GM thats the two players I would pick.

red
09-10-2006, 06:42 PM

How can you say that at this point? It was Tausch and Clifton that got manhandled this game, not the kids. And don't get me started on Woodson!

i can say it becaue half our team would be 5th year seniors this year.

you don't win in the pros with a college team

and god help us if TT is around next year and replaces 10 more vets with rookies. we'll have about 40 guys on the team with under 3 years of nfl experience.

if thats the case, next year will suck more then this year and last.

and that means in 2 years we won't have any guys on the team that know what its like to win, and we'll be stuck with a team full of lossers with no fight in them

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I would go Teddy Ginn Jr.

He would instantly upgrade the team speed on offense, and would go well long term with Jennings.

I am partial to Ohio State players, though.