PDA

View Full Version : Not a flattering description of Aaron Rodgers by a lot of former teammates

Patler
02-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Maybe the reason GB has not been more successful with AR at QB is because of AR himself.
Finley, Janiss, Jennings, KGB with quotes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robreischel/2019/01/30/many-ex-packers-dont-think-the-rodgers-lafleur-marriage-will-work/#17446f897e7a

Reischel sums it up this way:

"Rodgers is undoubtedly one of the elite quarterbacks of this era, winning two MVP awards, a Super Bowl championship in 2010 and a Super Bowl MVP. But he’s also been extremely difficult to coach and he’s never been beloved by teammates."

HarveyWallbangers
02-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Four former teammates--two who were mostly disgruntled former players (Jennings, Finley) that work in the media now. KGB would have barely been there while Rodgers was a starter. It would have been one year, where Rodgers had to go through all of the Favre bullshit in 2008. Janis's quotes were innocent enough. They seem worst pared with the others. There have been plenty of teammates who have stuck up for Rodgers over the years (Nelson, Jones, Woodson to list just a few). This article seems like a former beat writer trying to make a name for himself with a larger audience.

Smidgeon
02-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Quick, if I asked you to name the three players with the biggest personal ax to grind, who would you name? Finley, Jennings, and maaaaybe Janis. Yep. That's who's in this article too. Not that their opinion isn't valid, but the circumstances start becoming a little suspect under that perspective.

To whit: the players quoted in that article are Finley, KGB, Greg Jennings, and Janis. Now I know that's still a lot of voices willing to go on record, but none of them are exactly stellar witnesses.

Finley and Rodgers always clashed, and Finley has always seemed to want his name in the headlines. He seems more than willing to provide controversy.
KGB was only there until 2008, Rodgers first year as a starter. There has been no shortage of reporters saying he was arrogant then, so KGB's account isn't inaccurate, but it isn't current either...by a decade.
Jennings had an ax grind in GB, and also witnessed the first few years only. Again, an old perspective.
Then Janis, the only name in the last five years to put his name on the report. Someone who struggled to be reliable. Probably difficult for him to get on the same page and probably frustration with a lot of people on the coaching staff/in the QB room considering he has physical talent.

I'm not discounting any of it, but the sources attached to the quotes all have either super-old experiences or likely another reason they didn't mesh with Rodgers.

It would have been a lot more reliable if others who recently left with more credence to their names echoed the comments, but Reischel is scraping the bottom of the barrel with those players.

Patler
02-06-2019, 02:48 PM
Should also consider the less than flattering comments from Mercedes Lewis after the season.

On the more positive side - Julius Peppers.

gbgary
02-06-2019, 02:57 PM
https://youtu.be/oXA7m-74Kmg

i don't watch this show but i saw this youtube clip...
as i've said before i'll believe the rodgers buy-in when i see it. until then i'm in the skeptical dept with jennings. it's not like he's on an island out there in regards to rodgers. we've all seen and heard enough (much from rodgers himself) to know what's being said has validity.

run pMc
02-06-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm not surprised...he's a pro QB.
From what I've read/heard, Rodgers is a very competitive, arrogant perfectionist.
I've met people like this before, and depending on the day they're either great or assholes to work with.

As an aside, I'd think Finley was more difficult to deal with than Rodgers. At least Rodgers tries to keep the press under control.

pbmax
02-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Finley also said something to the effect that making receivers earn trust by running the right routes in practice before getting the ball in games was a step too far.

So Mr. Head Case hasn't really matured much.

Did Lewis say anything about Rodgers other than he was dismissive of McCarthy's play calls?

MadtownPacker
02-06-2019, 11:34 PM
I believe it and got this exact vibe back when I wrote my own little article, 2008 if I recall. Harvey bashed me harder then TexasPackerBacker and his ole boys club buddies finding a gay dude walking on a lonely road...

( PackerRats.com )

Remember that shit you fuck? I apologied to Mr Rodgers, because he overheard my mumbling and grumbling and sat right behind me to talk. I didn’t know it was his Dad at first and the man was sticking up for his son. Who was obviously his pride and joy. His first coach also right? Like most loving fathers he was living and dying with every failure and stumble the younger Rodgers made that day. Mrs. Rodgers was being a great wife and mother consoling her husband. I realized who they were once she starting talking, calling the Oline by first name. I turned around and asked but once I looked directly at his face I knew.

So how does all this equate to me thinking Rodgers is a shitty person? Ill do something I rarely have done on here. Reveal something about my personal life.

I was at the @SF 2008 preseason game with my then single digit aged son. He has been a Packer Backer since birth (have pics of him in baby GB onesies) and is a hardcore fan to this day. Grew up watching all the games and Rodgers has always been his QB, doesn’t remember Favre as a Packer. He has been to games when they come to SF and one day I’ll take him to Lambeau (but not a cursed PackerRats game). He was beyond thrilled with the SB victory. Kid has had it good until the last few years.

( PackerRats.com )

So back to my shit talking. Yeah I was unhappy with the shitty game Rodgers was having and his old man wasn’t happy either. We had been talking, wasn’t much of a crowd and I was about 5 rows back on the 50 Packers side. He asked me what I thought of the new QB, I told him I thought Rodgers was talented but held on to the ball too long and might be injury prone. This was before I knew it was good old dad. Once they where revealed I tried to be more positive and we had a good conversation. They even took a picture with my boy squeezed in between them. Great folks and you could see the love they had for their son.

After the game I went to the visiting team bus spot to see if my son could get some autographs. James Jones was hella cool, jumped right over the gates and was a total man of the people. Took a pic with my son, love you JJ! There wasn’t many fans cuz it was preseason and a blowout. Desmond Bishop signed his backpack and took pics also. After a while everyone had cleared out and Rodgers parents and older bro showed up by the bus. A gay looking dude that was probably TT’s boyfriend too. Finally 12 comes out, shoulders slumped looking like he had been crying. Guess he really wanted to stick it to the niners for not drafting him and this had been his first chance. Mom and Pops saw us standing about 15ft away and smiled as they went to Rodgers and it turned into a family hug. Sweet moment really. After they stopped I called out to him to come say hi to my son. He just looked away. I could see his mom looking like “sorry, he is having a bad day”. I tried again and same thing didn’t even look this time. I think I said something like keep your head up man and then we split.

My son was disappointed but not hurt or upset. He saw that Rodgers was sad. He was happy that he got to meet the players that he did and has distant memories of the day. He does recall the parents clearly though. Has even shown his friends the picture they took with him. Great photo and wonderful memory for both of us.

( PackerRats.com )

Fast forward to all the drama about him not talking to his parents over that skank. Can’t say I’m surprised but definitely disappointed in him as a person. I could see him not talking to his dipshit younger bro but the man and woman who raised him and obviously put in the effort to help him get to where he is today? Cmon man, that’s bitch shit! I have read the whole thing about them asking for money or whatever. Well even if true the way I see it, why would they even have to ask for anything. If I could give my Mom and Dad (RIP) everything in the world I would want to do it. Even if I got mad at them I would still do it.

IMO the true measure of a man isn’t what you do when you are on top of the mountain but what you do when you have fallen to the bottom. In his weak moment they showed pure love and support. He showed that he was over sensitive and fragile instead of standing tall. That’s my view of Rodgers so think what you want of my story but I’m calling it how I saw it.

PS - if you fucks want to put this on another forum post a link to this thread instead. I have never seen any other similar story elsewhere. PR exclusive for sure!

Oh yeah, Fuck you Harvey! I was right about him back then.

Smidgeon
02-07-2019, 07:59 AM
That's a lot if speculation and psychoanalysis based on a single non-encounter combined with tabloid-esque reporting.

You could be right. But you could have completely missed it too. Far from definitive.

ThunderDan
02-07-2019, 08:36 AM
I believe it and got this exact vibe back when I wrote my own little article, 2008 if I recall. Harvey bashed me harder then TexasPackerBacker and his ole boys club buddies finding a gay dude walking on a lonely road...

He's alive!

red
02-07-2019, 08:53 AM

( PackerRats.com )

Remember that shit you fuck? I apologied to Mr Rodgers, because he overheard my mumbling and grumbling and sat right behind me to talk. I didn’t know it was his Dad at first and the man was sticking up for his son. Who was obviously his pride and joy. His first coach also right? Like most loving fathers he was living and dying with every failure and stumble the younger Rodgers made that day. Mrs. Rodgers was being a great wife and mother consoling her husband. I realized who they were once she starting talking, calling the Oline by first name. I turned around and asked but once I looked directly at his face I knew.

So how does all this equate to me thinking Rodgers is a shitty person? Ill do something I rarely have done on here. Reveal something about my personal life.

I was at the @SF 2008 preseason game with my then single digit aged son. He has been a Packer Backer since birth (have pics of him in baby GB onesies) and is a hardcore fan to this day. Grew up watching all the games and Rodgers has always been his QB, doesn’t remember Favre as a Packer. He has been to games when they come to SF and one day I’ll take him to Lambeau (but not a cursed PackerRats game). He was beyond thrilled with the SB victory. Kid has had it good until the last few years.

( PackerRats.com )

So back to my shit talking. Yeah I was unhappy with the shitty game Rodgers was having and his old man wasn’t happy either. We had been talking, wasn’t much of a crowd and I was about 5 rows back on the 50 Packers side. He asked me what I thought of the new QB, I told him I thought Rodgers was talented but held on to the ball too long and might be injury prone. This was before I knew it was good old dad. Once they where revealed I tried to be more positive and we had a good conversation. They even took a picture with my boy squeezed in between them. Great folks and you could see the love they had for their son.

After the game I went to the visiting team bus spot to see if my son could get some autographs. James Jones was hella cool, jumped right over the gates and was a total man of the people. Took a pic with my son, love you JJ! There wasn’t many fans cuz it was preseason and a blowout. Desmond Bishop signed his backpack and took pics also. After a while everyone had cleared out and Rodgers parents and older bro showed up by the bus. A gay looking dude that was probably TT’s boyfriend too. Finally 12 comes out, shoulders slumped looking like he had been crying. Guess he really wanted to stick it to the niners for not drafting him and this had been his first chance. Mom and Pops saw us standing about 15ft away and smiled as they went to Rodgers and it turned into a family hug. Sweet moment really. After they stopped I called out to him to come say hi to my son. He just looked away. I could see his mom looking like “sorry, he is having a bad day”. I tried again and same thing didn’t even look this time. I think I said something like keep your head up man and then we split.

My son was disappointed but not hurt or upset. He saw that Rodgers was sad. He was happy that he got to meet the players that he did and has distant memories of the day. He does recall the parents clearly though. Has even shown his friends the picture they took with him. Great photo and wonderful memory for both of us.

( PackerRats.com )

Fast forward to all the drama about him not talking to his parents over that skank. Can’t say I’m surprised but definitely disappointed in him as a person. I could see him not talking to his dipshit younger bro but the man and woman who raised him and obviously put in the effort to help him get to where he is today? Cmon man, that’s bitch shit! I have read the whole thing about them asking for money or whatever. Well even if true the way I see it, why would they even have to ask for anything. If I could give my Mom and Dad (RIP) everything in the world I would want to do it. Even if I got mad at them I would still do it.

IMO the true measure of a man isn’t what you do when you are on top of the mountain but what you do when you have fallen to the bottom. In his weak moment they showed pure love and support. He showed that he was over sensitive and fragile instead of standing tall. That’s my view of Rodgers so think what you want of my story but I’m calling it how I saw it.

PS - if you fucks want to put this on another forum post a link to this thread instead. I have never seen any other similar story elsewhere. PR exclusive for sure!

Oh yeah, Fuck you Harvey! I was right about him back then.

can't understand a single word in this post

SPEAK AMERICAN YOU MEXICAN FUCK!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
02-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Well we are going to have a new contestant for worst thread ever.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 10:48 AM
That's a lot if speculation and psychoanalysis based on a single non-encounter combined with tabloid-esque reporting.

You could be right. But you could have completely missed it too. Far from definitive.Non-encounter? So I didn’t see his boorish behavior right in front of me? Speculation is you thinking he is a good person because he throws a incredibly accurate and pretty deep-ball. My shit is based on a single IN-PERSON encounter. Have always waited around the stadium a while after games cuz getting out of Candlestick was a mfer. This spot is always fun, close to where the SF goldrush girls came out also:hrt::hrt:. There was no one else around except my kid and the Rodgers family (guessing he waited until then to come out). Sun was still up so visibility was great and it was a beautiful day.

Ok so say his ass waved hi this story could have easily been twisted to how he took the time to acknowledge a little fan even though he had a shitty day. Then you could have loved him more! :lol:

I could be right or I could be wrong huh? I see you like to live dangerously. :lol:

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 10:54 AM
can't understand a single word in this post

SPEAK AMERICAN YOU MEXICAN FUCK!!!!!!!!!You sir have committed a hate crime! Prepare to lose your part-time job, have your trailer repossessed, and your love affair with skinbasket exposed and scrutinized by Twitter. I will now seek therapy for the hurt you have inflicted. Since I’m in Cali they will speak Espanol. Just marca dos por favor.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 11:08 AM
He's alive!

https://youtu.be/QuoKNZjr8_U

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 11:12 AM
Well we are going to have a new contestant for worst thread ever.Cmon you knew this would happen someday. The only question is can it live up to the Living Legend thread? :lol:

Oh shit!! You really pushing 60k post? I may need to ban you for your own sake.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 11:18 AM

You could be right. But you could have completely missed it too. Far from definitive.BTW the point you ignored was that if he treats his loving parents like that what makes you think he would be any better to anyone else?

gbgary
02-07-2019, 11:38 AM
You sir have committed a hate crime! Prepare to lose your part-time job, have your trailer repossessed, and your love affair with skinbasket exposed and scrutinized by Twitter. I will now seek therapy for the hurt you have inflicted. Since I’m in Cali they will speak Espanol. Just marca dos por favor.

lol

Smidgeon
02-07-2019, 12:56 PM
BTW the point you ignored was that if he treats his loving parents like that what makes you think he would be any better to anyone else?

Because no outside the family knows the true family dynamics.

I don't think Rodgers is a saint by any means. I think we all learned that lesson with Favre. But chance encounters and one side of any story never completes a picture accurately.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 01:19 PM
I saw the family dynamics in person pendejo! Do my brown words not count? Didn’t Santo Aaron admit he doesn’t talk to them? Who the fuck does that? I guess I don’t understand it cuz us Latinos, just like Asian and Black folk, tend to take in our elders when they are getting near the end. I use to work for a place that had a retirement home and it was depressing as hell. Bunch of old White folks wishing someone would visit them.

Where is MichiganPackFan? He needs to go on the Bachelor and talk shit about his dipshit bro.:lol:

Nice how you drop Favre in there. You also still mad at the high school girl that said no about going to prom? For the record the ole gunslinger always waved hi.:pack:

Fritz
02-07-2019, 01:41 PM
I saw the family dynamics in person pendejo! Do my brown words not count? Didn’t Santo Aaron admit he doesn’t talk to them? Who the fuck does that? I guess I don’t understand it cuz us Latinos, just like Asian and Black folk, tend to take in our elders when they are getting near the end. I use to work for a place that had a retirement home and it was depressing as hell. Bunch of old White folks wishing someone would visit them.

Where is MichiganPackFan? He needs to go on the Bachelor and talk shit about his dipshit bro.:lol:

Nice how you drop Favre in there. You also still mad at the high school girl that said no about going to prom? For the record the ole gunslinger always waved hi.:pack:

We'll never forget you, Aron.

esoxx
02-07-2019, 03:03 PM
There's ample evidence Rodgers is a Class A Douche.

Smidgeon
02-07-2019, 03:23 PM

It's true, Hispanics, Asians, and Blacks all have a much greater cultural relationship with their parents than Whites do (for example, my Asian father in law lives with my wife and me while we barely speak with my parents). But even in those families (like mine), there can be a million things happening behind the scenes that would never make it to the public. Strained families can still look whole and healthy from the outside. Toxic people can give the impression of being charming and friendly (as an extreme example, psychopaths and serial killers are notorious for this).

To be sure, your story doesn't look good for Rodgers. And it's corroborated in the linked article. So we can say the Rodgers from 2006 to probably 2010 was
the arrogant figure of the article, your story, and other stories (unless my memory is off, Rodgers has admitted to that part too). After that, who knows, people change. Bad body language? Sure. Arrogant? As a QB in the NFL, probably. Uncoachable? Not necessarily a conclusion from the article. A terrible human being? Completely unknowable territory.

red
02-07-2019, 04:30 PM
we hear this story once or twice a year , and we always dismiss and say its just some jealous or some pissed off asshole who feels slighted by him

at some point we have to realise that guy guy is just flat out a grade A piece of shit

there is something seriously wrong with someone who won't speak to their family even though they've never done anything but bend over backwards for him

he seems to have some very thin skin and will only keep those around who are willing to praise him and kiss his ass, like cobb or jordy. they never said one bad word about them, and he made them rich. jennings wouldn't kiss his ass, and was lowballed and then removed from the "inner circle" once he started speaking the truth

its tough for someone to improve or even see their own faults when they only surround themselfs with yes men and asskissers and disowns anyone that criticizes him or doesn't rave about him

sounds like some other douchebag thats always in the news

texaspackerbacker
02-07-2019, 05:32 PM
a lot of one sided garbage here - probably Rodgers had good reasons for his attitude, both toward family members and a few disgruntled team mates. I honestly wouldn't care if he was a total asshole as long as he got the job done in terms of football excellence.

QBME
02-07-2019, 06:52 PM
There's ample evidence Rodgers is a Class A Douche.

Ah, too easy an way out.

Mad expressed a fuckin' Hemingway capture of real time experience.

Whether it means A Rod is, or is not, an asshole is most not certainly up to you. Or me.

Man gave his clear, sharp cut remembrance and evaluation of his obvious true experience.

It is not subject to the kangaroo court.

esoxx
02-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Ah, too easy an way out.

Mad expressed a fuckin' Hemingway capture of real time experience.

Whether it means A Rod is, or is not, an asshole is most not certainly up to you. Or me.

Man gave his clear, sharp cut remembrance and evaluation of his obvious true experience.

It is not subject to the kangaroo court.

You're right. I mean, who among us hasn't blown off a grandfather's funeral or two?

https://nypost.com/2016/11/18/aaron-rodgers-has-cut-off-family-skipped-grandpas-funeral/

So yeah, he's an asshole in my opinion.

QBME
02-07-2019, 07:18 PM
You're right. I mean, who among us hasn't blown off a grandfather's funeral or two?

https://nypost.com/2016/11/18/aaron-rodgers-has-cut-off-family-skipped-grandpas-funeral/

Yeah so in my opinion he's an asshole.

You're tragically funny.

The Batcherolete and the New York Post?

QBME
02-07-2019, 07:20 PM

So yeah, he's an asshole in my opinion.

Make sure you renew your subscription to the National Enquirer!!

Rastak
02-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Where is Harvey Wallbangers photo of the ostrich with his head in the sand that he laid on me when I said the fat Williams brothers took a weightloss supplement on weigh in day to (drum roll) lose weight.

This seems far more obvious....in Pearlman's Favre book Rdogers did seem like kind of a dickhead. Not that Favre wasn't in his own way. You can all believe what you want but he strikes me as a very talented a-hole and will be interesting to watch what happens when his skills begin to decline and how he handles it.

red
02-07-2019, 08:12 PM
a lot of one sided garbage here - probably Rodgers had good reasons for his attitude, both toward family members and a few disgruntled team mates. I honestly wouldn't care if he was a total asshole as long as he got the job done in terms of football excellence.

well thats just it, no ones cares if he's a dickhead if we're winning

we're all looking for the reason why his and the teams play has slipped

is it because he's a dickhead and dividing the locker room? does him being a massive jerk make him uncoachable?

if you can't take an ounce of criticism from his parents the how the hell can he take it from a coach?

his play and style of play has changed dramatically since the super bowl win. is he just doing what he wants and not what the team needs? this pattern of off field shit kinda shows that he's gonna do what ever the hell he wants. and thats a problem for the team and us, because right now, he's broken

esoxx
02-07-2019, 08:15 PM
You're tragically funny.

The Batcherolete and the New York Post?

My original point was there was ample evidence that he's a douche. I wasn't making that conclusion based on Mad's story so your response to my post was baseless.

If you want to keep genuflecting at the waistband of Mr. Rodgers, by all means go ahead.

QBME
02-07-2019, 08:44 PM
My original point was there was ample evidence that he's a douche. I wasn't making that conclusion based on Mad's story so your response to my post was baseless.

If you want to keep genuflecting at the waistband of Mr. Rodgers, by all means go ahead.

Okay then. Well stated.

No genuflecting involved, just verbal jousting.

Freak Out
02-07-2019, 09:01 PM
He's alive!

I love how he comes back for a bit and goes crazy train. lol

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Smidgeon - I’m sorry to hear that about your family. I used to get pissed with my Dad, mostly due to me being a fuck up. But I always got over it and never stopped loving him or talking to him. Now that he is gone I find myself wanted to speak to him badly. Our way of bonding was working on cars. We swapped engines, transmissions, he showed me how to change brakes, all kind of good stuff. When a little older we got to drink around each other too. He wasn’t a perfect man and I wasn’t a perfect son. I hope whatever difference with your family can pass, just as I hope Rodgers and his family can do the same.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 09:07 PM
a lot of one sided garbage here - probably Rodgers had good reasons for his attitude, both toward family members and a few disgruntled team mates. I honestly wouldn't care if he was a total asshole as long as he got the job done in terms of football excellence.I would agree that we as fans shouldn’t care about who he is but I believe this situation with his family is affecting him on the field. How can it not be a dark cloud over his life. I saw the love they have for him with my own eyes. The where all tight. Whatever has caused this has made him worse IMO, on and off the field. Do you agree that he would be better off without chaos in his life?

MadtownPacker
02-07-2019, 09:31 PM
I love how he comes back for a bit and goes crazy train. lolI also have chaos in my life and need to vent!

Though I do miss all you bitches.

pbmax
02-07-2019, 11:05 PM

Money, fame and (team related) power tend to make people douches or lean in that direction. Especially from the outside looking in.

But what about his family? His one brother appears to be a class A screwup (not the Bachelor, the older one) who tried to cash in on the name with a business (might have been more than one) that went belly up. The younger brother used his brother and Cutler to get a shot at Vanderbilt. Then went on the Bachelor, probably for no other reason that his last name was Rodgers, and started airing the family laundry. And that laundry was probably the clincher that got him a spot and kept him alive on the show. They couldn't pass that up.

So you have two mooch adjacent brothers. Who knows what else they asked for. Rodgers isn't talking. Tyron Smith had to sign a new contract and get private security to pry his bloodsucking relatives off his back because he couldn't say no and they all felt they were owed.

I suspect no one here would begrudge Rodgers knocking these two bozos heads together to knock some sense into them. Rodgers the QB is private, he doesn't want his bothers running around like they are Kardashians. The parents probably try to mediate. May not go well especially if the older bother has been in some trouble before (I am completely inferring this but I have read that the older brother has had very little success going out on his own). And the girlfriend might be the impetus to say I don't need this, so kiss off.

So you could conclude on this pretty one sided and limited evidence that Rodgers is a jack wagon. But I bet there is an even money case that the family has one or more jack wagons in the home.

And I say that the chances of the latter being the case are enhanced by the fact that there is a new girlfriend and the family doesn't appear to be reconciled. I half expected that to be the reason he and Munn broke up.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-08-2019, 02:57 AM
I rarely talk to my folks and siblings anymore. Not since the old man cut me off. He was like, son, I realize you want to annihilate this fishy world and give birth to that awesome utopia without exploitation, alienation and insecurity, but there’s a point in a man’s life when he has got to stop sucking his mother’s tits. It’s time for you to conquer the world on your own. Get the fuck out!

It’s been a struggle ever since. Without the option of residing in the folks’ basement, rent-free, I’ve been forced to FEED the fishmongers instead of FIGHT ‘em.

Flipping burgers for the minimum wage ain’t no peaceful way to live life I’m telling y’all.

Anyway, the only poster here that thinks I’m a class A douche is Wist. :)

Anti-Polar Bear
02-08-2019, 03:14 AM
I would agree that we as fans shouldn’t care about who he is but I believe this situation with his family is affecting him on the field. How can it not be a dark cloud over his life. I saw the love they have for him with my own eyes. The where all tight. Whatever has caused this has made him worse IMO, on and off the field. Do you agree that he would be better off without chaos in his life?

While dating Yoko and fueling with his family, A-Rod won an MVP and would’ve justified his Tiger Woodseque arrogance with at least a couple of Super Bowl rings if not for McCarthy’s cowardice and Thompson’s incompetence. I mean, McCarthy lost the infamous Bostick game by playing scared and failing to preach accountability (no way Bostick would even ponder fielding the onside under Belichick); the Packers had LaDarious Fucking Gunter covering Julio Jones in the Atlanta massacre - that’s on Todd.

Pretty sure I read somewhere in which Munn said that Rodgers and his family reconciled shortly after they broke up. Rodgers game last season was not inspiring. Not everyone will agree, but I think family crises and Asian chicks make Rodgers a better player.

texaspackerbacker
02-08-2019, 12:05 PM
I would agree that we as fans shouldn’t care about who he is but I believe this situation with his family is affecting him on the field. How can it not be a dark cloud over his life. I saw the love they have for him with my own eyes. The where all tight. Whatever has caused this has made him worse IMO, on and off the field. Do you agree that he would be better off without chaos in his life?

Potentially, maybe, but your own incident shows that if there's anything to this at all, it's been going on for a lot of years - through great times and what some perceive as not great times. I very much doubt any personal crap has any strong effect on his how he plays.

The other thing that seems obvious to me is that any downturn in Aaron Rodgers' game is greatly overrated by detractors and had very little to do with the last couple of substandard Packer seasons. The bad record is mostly about the supporting cast and a little bit about coaching.

APB, I read your posts after writing this, but I see we are on the same page.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-08-2019, 11:45 PM
APB, I read your posts after writing this, but I see we are on the same page.

You, too, wanna annihilate this fishy world? Lol

Bretsky
02-09-2019, 08:07 AM
I also have chaos in my life and need to vent!

Though I do miss all you bitches.

NICE TO SEE YA MAD !!!!!!!!!!! How have you been ????????????

Bretsky
02-09-2019, 08:09 AM
I think there's plenty of fuel to believe Rodgers is a douchebag
But I'll still be cheering for him as the QB of da Pack

MadtownPacker
02-09-2019, 02:11 PM
While dating Yoko and fueling with his family, A-Rod won an MVP and would’ve justified his Tiger Woodseque arrogance with at least a couple of Super Bowl rings if not for McCarthy’s cowardice and Thompson’s incompetence. I mean, McCarthy lost the infamous Bostick game by playing scared and failing to preach accountability (no way Bostick would even ponder fielding the onside under Belichick); the Packers had LaDarious Fucking Gunter covering Julio Jones in the Atlanta massacre - that’s on Todd.

Pretty sure I read somewhere in which Munn said that Rodgers and his family reconciled shortly after they broke up. Rodgers game last season was not inspiring. Not everyone will agree, but I think family crises and Asian chicks make Rodgers a better player.Even though you meant feuding with his family fueling is spot on IMO. His greatest years have been when he was told he couldn’t or never would. Homeboy hasn’t had adversity for a while now. The QB changing over and getting dissed in the draft. Ripped the NFL a new one for a while there and did big things. But then everyone started saying he might be the greatest ever. Better then Brady, best rating ever, could be the GOAT, all that nice shit. Maybe he started believing his own hype, starting thinking he is above the law. Maybe like Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers, everyone likes their own brand! Just seems like he started loving it too much. So then starts the dirty looks, the eyes rolls, and the finger pointing. He was at the top of the mountain and only able to look down on everyone else. No more FUEL for the fire. Happens to all of us I would guess. I know it happened to me. So I know that once the reckoning comes, it comes harder then Peter North in his prime.

https://youtu.be/WqURlQkFJKU

MadtownPacker
02-09-2019, 02:19 PM
NICE TO SEE YA MAD !!!!!!!!!!! How have you been ????????????My white ninja!! Still breathing fire but burning myself sometimes. Hope your ass is doing good. You still wheeling and dealing? Hope the familia and you still living the topshelf life style.

Fritz
02-09-2019, 11:19 PM
Where is Harvey Wallbangers photo of the ostrich with his head in the sand that he laid on me when I said the fat Williams brothers took a weightloss supplement on weigh in day to (drum roll) lose weight.

This seems far more obvious....in Pearlman's Favre book Rdogers did seem like kind of a dickhead. Not that Favre wasn't in his own way. You can all believe what you want but he strikes me as a very talented a-hole and will be interesting to watch what happens when his skills begin to decline and how he handles it.

When his skills begin to decline?

sharpe1027
02-10-2019, 07:02 AM
If history is any indication, he'll take the coach change as a chance to prove all the doubters wrong and show he was not the problem and can still sling it.

Joemailman
02-10-2019, 08:40 AM
I think there's plenty of fuel to believe Rodgers is a douchebag
But I'll still be cheering for him as the QB of da Pack

He might be. But a lot of people are judging Rodgers to be an ass without hearing his side of the story. That's their right, especially since Rodgers likely won't talk about it. But making a judgment based on hearing one side of the story does increase the chance that the judgment is an inaccurate one.

That said, I do believe that Rodgers would be better off personally and professionally if he found a way to fix things with his family.

pbmax
02-10-2019, 08:51 AM
He might be. But a lot of people are judging Rodgers to be an ass without hearing his side of the story. That's their right, especially since Rodgers likely won't talk about it. But making a judgment based on hearing one side of the story does increase the chance that the judgment is an inaccurate one.

That said, I do believe that Rodgers would be better off personally and professionally if he found a way to fix things with his family.

Selfishly, I would prefer him to fix things with his receivers.

My suspicion though is that this is all related to talent. Jennings had no reported trouble with Rodgers prior to his contract year interruptus. Jones and Nelson has less trouble.

Tell me which of these poor mistreated WRs went elsewhere to succeed out from under the blinding glare of the angry QB.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Even though you meant feuding with his family fueling is spot on IMO. His greatest years have been when he was told he couldn’t or never would. Homeboy hasn’t had adversity for a while now. The QB changing over and getting dissed in the draft. Ripped the NFL a new one for a while there and did big things. But then everyone started saying he might be the greatest ever. Better then Brady, best rating ever, could be the GOAT, all that nice shit. Maybe he started believing his own hype, starting thinking he is above the law. Maybe like Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers, everyone likes their own brand! Just seems like he started loving it too much. So then starts the dirty looks, the eyes rolls, and the finger pointing. He was at the top of the mountain and only able to look down on everyone else. No more FUEL for the fire. Happens to all of us I would guess. I know it happened to me. So I know that once the reckoning comes, it comes harder then Peter North in his prime.

Excellent post.

Lol at the Peter North reference. Made me rewatch some sleazy vids I have saved on one of my 10 external hard drives.

Fritz
02-10-2019, 02:47 PM
So if Rodgers's MO is to get angry and go out to prove the doubters wrong (thus using his anger as the fuel), how is this supposed to work? we're calling him a jerk, an ass, a butthole to his family, and by implication asking him to be a kinder, gentler nation, not only to his family but also to the Jeff Janises of the world. Can he do that in an angry way?

I'm so confused. What if he gets all nice and becomes a crummy quarterback as a result?

call_me_ishmael
02-11-2019, 12:30 AM
Tell me which of these poor mistreated WRs went elsewhere to succeed out from under the blinding glare of the angry QB.

I think Jennings quick descent was a result of injuries and mileage rather than Rodgers making him look better. I recall that Chuck said from day one of camp he knew Jennings would be special because he could run routes like no tomorrow. Seems odd to fade out from upper echelon to unemployed by 31.

pbmax
02-11-2019, 08:32 AM
I think Jennings quick descent was a result of injuries and mileage rather than Rodgers making him look better. I recall that Chuck said from day one of camp he knew Jennings would be special because he could run routes like no tomorrow. Seems odd to fade out from upper echelon to unemployed by 31.

I agree with your first statement. Rodgers did not make Jennings great. Jennings was great and they worked well together once Rodgers got up to NFL speed.

But the notion that Rodgers attitude is costing the Packers games won or necessary players fails the "what happens when they leave" test. If Janis, Martellus Bennett or James Jones had left and gone on to do great things, then we have an answer. But that did not happen in any case.

This is a talent problem making long standing problems elsewhere on the team much more evident.

But its worth remembering that the worst Packers offense since Rodgers was a first year starter was 15th in the League or so.

texaspackerbacker
02-11-2019, 11:45 AM
I sure don't agree about Jennings. He was very good - I'd stop short of calling him great - with the Packers. He pretty mediocre with the Vikings and Dolphins. Injured? He was healthy enough to get more money as a free agent than the Packers thought he was worth and healthy enough to play 15 games each of two seasons after he left. Clearly, he was a product of Aaron Rodgers' greatness when he played for the Packers.

As for Janis, I was more of a fan of his than most people, and I was annoyed that they used him so little. I even blamed Rodgers a little bit for being too much of a perfectionist and keeping him down. His post-Packer career (or the lack of it), however, kinda belies all that.

Basically, I hate this whole thread. It's the product of malcontents, ingrates, and whiny know-nothings spewing shit about the GOAT QB, probably GOAT player in the NFL.

Fritz
02-11-2019, 01:18 PM
I don't mind Rodgers getting on a wide receiver or lineman for a mistake. But good leaders tend to do that in private, and if it's done publicly, it's rare and for a specific purpose. Rodgers just can't seem to restrain himself from the eyerolls and the looks of disgust and disdain. That does not make for great leadership.

Bretsky
02-11-2019, 08:39 PM
My white ninja!! Still breathing fire but burning myself sometimes. Hope your ass is doing good. You still wheeling and dealing? Hope the familia and you still living the topshelf life style.

YUP; still wheeling. Coaching lots of kids basketball. Great time, although I'm not making a loot of friends who are referees....I'd had a technical or two in my time :))

One kid going to UW Madison
The other two growing like weeds and ballin

Good Time

P.S....try not to burn yourself too much !!!!!

And keep chasin the hot Latinas :))))))

3irty1
02-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Rodgers' brand of asshole-douche is probably a good thing on balance. Remember how Michael Jordan used his HOF induction speech to roast anyone and everyone who ever disagreed with him? What the fuck kind of guy still has that kind of a chip on his shoulder standing at the HOF podium?