PDA

View Full Version : Fackrell and SPRIGGS™ Offseason News

pbmax
02-12-2019, 04:44 PM
PFF GB Packers @PFF_Packers

Among EDGE rushers from the 2016 draft class, #Packers Kyler Fackrell posted the 3rd highest Pass-Rushing Productivity rating in 2018 when rushing from the right side (left side of offensive line). His 160 attempts were the 4th most and (8) sacks ranked 1st.

call_me_ishmael
02-12-2019, 04:46 PM
It is perplexing, isn't it? 'Cause the eye test says he's just a dudeski.

wist43
02-12-2019, 05:26 PM
He can't play... I dont care what the numbers are - he is less than a jag.

Next year, if the roster is improved?? Both of those guys will be bartending by the end of August.

texaspackerbacker
02-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Mormons don't bar tend hahahaha.

I like Fackrell's game. Not Spriggs, though.

esoxx
02-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Admit it pb, the only reason you made this thread is so you could have Spriggs in all caps with the trademark sign thrown in. :lol:

wist43
02-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Mormons don't bar tend hahahaha.

I like Fackrell's game. Not Spriggs, though.

I'm quicker than Fackrell, and I have an artifical hip ;)

3irty1
02-13-2019, 08:32 AM
Remember when Waldon went to the Colts and swiftly racked up double digit sacks? There is something to be said for Fackrell's hustle but if we had a highlight tape of those 8 sacks we'd probably just stop caring about sack numbers.

pbmax
02-13-2019, 08:39 AM
Remember when Waldon went to the Colts and swiftly racked up double digit sacks? There is something to be said for Fackrell's hustle but if we had a highlight tape of those 8 sacks we'd probably just stop caring about sack numbers.

Yes and while he is now a more dangerous pass rusher than Matthews, he tended to feast on a certain type of tackle so he is not dominating all opposition by any stretch,

That said he is useful crashing into and disrupting O lineman (Guards especially) so he fits well in Pettine's four man rush scheme. KF will crash very enthusiastically down into a Guard for the DT to twist around.

He isn't the solution, but he is generally effective. He is not a stone wall against the run like Perry but he no longer gets buried. In a functional defense with other pass rushing options (maybe the 2013/2014 Packers) he would be a nice complement.

pbmax
02-13-2019, 08:40 AM
Admit it pb, the only reason you made this thread is so you could have Spriggs in all caps with the trademark sign thrown in. :lol:

I am sure there will be SPRIGGS™ news any day now. Best to be prepared.

Tony Oday
02-13-2019, 12:40 PM
Fackrell is a good second option pass rusher like Perry. He needs a good pass rusher on the other side.

Fritz
02-13-2019, 01:23 PM
I am sure there will be SPRIGGS™ news any day now. Best to be prepared.

I would imagine the upcoming year is his last chance with the Packers to salvage his career. Will he have another lousy year only to be cut and have the Seahawks or Patriots pick him up and make him into a serviceable starter? Who knows. But at this point, he surely was not worth trading up for and drafting in the second round.

gbgary
02-13-2019, 02:59 PM
khalil fackrell is a beast.

wist43
02-13-2019, 09:17 PM
khalil fackrell is a beast.

We're talking about Khalil Fackrell?? My bad... I thought we were talking about Skyler Marie Fackrell :cnf:

Patler
02-14-2019, 09:10 AM
Packers News had this:

Kyler Fackrell had a breakout campaign in his third season. He recorded double-digit sacks for the first time and was sure in pass-coverage assignments.

Third-year player had 10½ sacks, seventh-best among all linebackers in the NFL and far and away the team leader. Trusted in red-zone coverage situations and willing in the run game. Pass rush disappeared at times. Grade: B

pbmax
02-14-2019, 05:45 PM
From Barnwell: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25966875/five-2019-offseason-moves-nfc-team-make-bill-barnwell-predicts-trades-free-agency-cuts

4. Use one of the first-round picks to draft an edge rusher. If the Packers let Matthews go, they'll run into 2019 with Kyler Fackrell and Nick Perry as their edge defenders. It's tough to think they're going to be a great duo next season.

Perry had just 1.5 sacks in nine games, and he hasn't yet completed a full 16-game campaign as a pro.

Fackrell came out of nowhere to produce 10.5 sacks, but those sacks came on just 12 quarterback hits. Typically, pass-rushers will turn about 45 percent of their hits into sacks, and players who dramatically outproduce that rate tend to decline the following year. Fackrell cleaned up on a few coverage sacks and had three sacks in which he narrowly tripped or pulled an opposing quarterback down as he passed by. Two of his sacks came against backup linemen in for injured starters. Six of his sacks came against Josh Allen and Russell Wilson, two of the league's most sackable quarterbacks -- and passers Fackrell won't see in 2019. Fackrell did have more impressive sacks -- he even picked one up against Andrew Whitworth -- but it's unlikely he'll get to double digits again in 2019.

Also suggests letting Matthews go and running with Perry and Fackrell and drafting EDGE with the 12th pick.

wist43
02-14-2019, 06:48 PM
From Barnwell: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25966875/five-2019-offseason-moves-nfc-team-make-bill-barnwell-predicts-trades-free-agency-cuts

Also suggests letting Matthews go and running with Perry and Fackrell and drafting EDGE with the 12th pick.

Polite or White with the 12th pick...

But Perry needs to be gone, and Matthews and Fackrell need to be replaced. That whole front 7 needs a makeover.