PDA

View Full Version : Growing Pains

The Shadow
09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
We are merely watching the birth pains of a new incarnation of the Packers.
It will take a little time.
All will be well.

Kiwon
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
We are merely watching the birth pains of a new incarnation of the Packers.
It will take a little time.
All will be well.

If they don't play better TT and MM won't be around to watch it!

]{ilr]3
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Its hard to watch some top notch players like Favre, Driver and Green have to play with some of these other guys.

By the time the rest of the team catches up, they will all be gone.

Thats what sucks :neutral:

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
26 to 0 ! How you like DA BEARS now ? LOL

GO BEARS !

Kiwon
09-10-2006, 06:15 PM

GO BEARS !

You think Grossman will be able to get through a whole season without injury?

Lurker64
09-10-2006, 06:20 PM

GO BEARS !

Right now:

The Bears are better than the Packers. The Colts are better than the Bears. The sun is hotter than fire.

So what?

I don't cheer for the Packers because they are good. I cheer for them because they are my team. They're my team whether or not they're good. I don't cheer for teams just because they win games. What makes me dislike a team however, is when that teams fans behave reprehensibly. Telling me that your team is better than my team is not going to make me like your team more and my team less. It's not going to make me feel any worse as a person, and it probably shouldn't make you feel any better as a person. If you make a point of making a big deal about it, you're just going to convince me that you're a jackass and thereby reflect negatively on your team.

Chubbyhubby
09-10-2006, 06:21 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow! This team really looks pathetic. This loss is going to Haunt Mike McCarthy a long time... The question is not how many games the Packers are going to win but IS the packers going to win any games this season? Granted the Bears aren't the Steelers I think next week game is going to be a real test. Why? The New Orleans Saints a very bad team is coming in and we'll see if we play this lousy. The Bears are a legimate playoff team Saints are not. If we play this lousy agaist the Saints. There are going to be so Very Angry Packer Fans this season.

That streak of 233 games scoring a point snaped today. OUCH!

]{ilr]3
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM

GO BEARS !

Its one thing to start a thread about that topic but draging a thread completely off topic just to post troll smack is way out of line and only proves that Bears fans are the scum of the earth.

Way to go chump! :crazy:

FritzDontBlitz
09-10-2006, 06:29 PM
the bad news: we lost in every phase of the game as shown by the final score.

the good news: we officially have a running game. ahman green look great, he blasted plenty of defenders on his runs up the middle. the only question i have is will the packers' d be good enough to keep green bay from having to play from behind the entire game.

the totally ridiculous news: even though he didn't commit a turnover until the pack was down by 26, expect an inordinate amount of postgame analysis to be about favre's picks.

nevertheless, my season prediction is still 9-7.

on to next week....

Brohm
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Ahman did look good, but that 100 yards is deceptive. They kept running the ball down 26 to 0. Defense was just trying to avoid any big plays so kept everything in front of them. That being said, Green looked as powerful as ever and was dishing out the hits rather than receiving them.

vince
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, that was painful alright.

I didn't see the stats, but Ahmad looked good. It seemed to me just watching that Clifton and Tauscher were as big of offenders on the o-line as anyone... I'll be interested to see the breakdowns...

In the passing game, Favre was not accurate, but didn't have much time to operate either.

That was a stiff test to start this season, but other than Ahmad, they failed.

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
The bad news:

WE DIDNT SCORE A FRICKIN POINT!!!!!!!!!

Watch game tapes of the 49'ers last year. Say hello to the Packers new offense.

]{ilr]3
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM
The bad news:

No way. As pissed as i am at the o-line tonight they will get better.

niners have no one compared to what we have for QB, RB and WR's

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 07:13 PM
{ilr]3]
The bad news:

No way. As pissed as i am at the o-line tonight they will get better.

niners have no one compared to what we have for QB, RB and WR's

Well, the niners put up 27 points today.
We put up nothing.

Our HC was the OC over there last year, and they were oneof the worst offenses I have ever seen in the NFL in a long time.

Now we are running that scheme.

swede
09-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Vegas,

That vile black puke coming out of your mouth...errr...keyboard...may well be...the truth.

I offer a prayer to Vince that you are wrong.

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I sure as heck hope that I am wrong.

But I couldnt help thinking as I was watching our game and the niners game side by side that they look a lot better on O and that we looked a lot worse.

And M3 is the common denominator to those two situations.

I really do hope that this was an aberration, but geeze, I just dont know.

Joemailman
09-10-2006, 07:33 PM
I sure as heck hope that I am wrong.

But I couldnt help thinking as I was watching our game and the niners game side by side that they look a lot better on O and that we looked a lot worse.

And M3 is the common denominator to those two situations.

I really do hope that this was an aberration, but geeze, I just dont know.

Keep in mind they were playing Arizona, we were playing The Bears. One loss is not the end of the world. We will get better, and the Bears will make a lot of offenses look this bad.

The Shadow
09-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Come down from the ledge, boys.
This too shall pass.
Every act of creation requires pain.
Be stout of heart!

Green Bud Packer
09-11-2006, 04:38 PM
i say jump off the ledge if your so inclined.more beer for me.some of the people who are preaching doom and gloom for mac are the same people who were predicting super bowl after whooping carolina on opening night a couple of years ago. it's only one game, it's the n.f.l.,and it's still a crap shoot.

packiowa
09-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Ahman did look good, but that 100 yards is deceptive. They kept running the ball down 26 to 0. Defense was just trying to avoid any big plays so kept everything in front of them. That being said, Green looked as powerful as ever and was dishing out the hits rather than receiving them.

I'd argue it's not deceptive. If you take out the yards in the 4th quarter, he's still on pace to get close to 100 yards and we BARELY had the ball in the first half. Green easily looked like the best back on the field.

Benson looked more explosive than Jones.
Driver is still explosive, but won't catch everything.
Moose looked like Delhomme was throwing to him again.
Was anyone else sad when the Bears threw to the fb on 3rd & 1 for the first, when our Packers had earlier decided to run our weakness (interioe ol) against their strength (Up the middle on D). The play calling reminded me of the Packer/Bears games from years previous. We were predictable and inneffective, they were varied and fairly efficient.

GoPack06
09-11-2006, 04:58 PM
we had a team that didnt have a losing record for 13 years!!! Why is everyone shocked that were going through bad times. Every team in every sport thats that good for so long will eventually be bad. You have to be bad to get good again. I think we will have to suffer through another tough season, but i dont think it will be that long until we're a better tema. As in next year.

Dune
09-11-2006, 05:01 PM
{ilr]3]Its hard to watch some top notch players like Favre, Driver and Green have to play with some of these other guys.

By the time the rest of the team catches up, they will all be gone.

Thats what sucks :neutral:

Al Harris, Clifton Tausher will be gone or past their prime.

The Shadow
09-11-2006, 10:12 PM
".....Clifton, Tausher will be gone or past their prime."

?????????????????????????????????????????