PDA

View Full Version : Well done Fat Mike. Well done.

esoxx
02-27-2019, 09:56 PM
Go away.

https://fox11online.com/news/local/green-bay/wiaa-complaint-filed-after-high-school-basketball-incident-involving-mike-mccarthy

pbmax
02-27-2019, 10:33 PM
You can get away with a lot more as HC than as step Dad.

KYPack
02-27-2019, 11:05 PM
What, the kid fouled out, eh?

See Esoxx's comment.

Vincenzo
02-28-2019, 12:23 AM
Big freaking deal, Mike McCarthy got angry and ruffled some feathers. Absolutely massive news.

Joemailman
02-28-2019, 12:30 AM
Probably said a couple of bad words. Not much to see here. But some will make a big deal about it anyway. He should apologize and probably will.

Patler
02-28-2019, 07:07 AM
Idiot. Following after the refs, even the few steps that he did, was just plain dumb on his part. He has to realize that in Green Bay he is not just another parent, at least not yet, and what he does in situations like that will be more scrutinized. There are people who will try to make an example of him.

I would have expected him to have a better perspective on high school sports than this. Whatever becomes of this, even if it gets blown into a huge deal, he has no one to blame but himself. I will not feel sorry for him.

pbmax
02-28-2019, 09:01 AM
People need to learn to let go.

#FailMary

#JerryRiceDroppedTheBall

Honestly, pretty poor accountability.

Fosco33
02-28-2019, 10:01 AM
Maybe he can bitch about the coach wasting timeouts, not adjusting scheme at halftime, fouling on breakaways, and incessantly shooting half court shots...

M3, “Oh shit... I totally see it now!”

Anti-Polar Bear
02-28-2019, 10:05 AM
Idiot. Following after the refs, even the few steps that he did, was just plain dumb on his part. He has to realize that in Green Bay he is not just another parent, at least not yet, and what he does in situations like that will be more scrutinized. There are people who will try to make an example of him.

I would have expected him to have a better perspective on high school sports than this. Whatever becomes of this, even if it gets blown into a huge deal, he has no one to blame but himself. I will not feel sorry for him.

If you look at it in another light, you’ll actually see a spark of brilliance.

Snowflake parents like Wist disagree with this, but kids today need to be taught how to ‘rage against the machine’ known as the Capitalist Establishment. Calling out zebras teaches the kids that authority figures should be held accountable for their fuck ups.

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses...

pbmax
02-28-2019, 11:10 AM
Far better page for the video.

https://deadspin.com/mike-mccarthy-is-using-his-free-time-to-yell-at-high-sc-1832955661

Vincenzo
02-28-2019, 11:24 AM
12 to 15 years in prison for speaking his mind. :roll:
We’re obviously deep into our offseason.

pbmax
02-28-2019, 11:45 AM
12 to 15 years in prison for speaking his mind. :roll:
We’re obviously deep into our offseason.

Why was no one else following the refs? Only questionable call in a game that ended someone's season was against his kid?

C'mon. Everyone else was an adult. M3 was being petulant.

Vincenzo
02-28-2019, 12:03 PM
Why was no one else following the refs? Only questionable call in a game that ended someone's season was against his kid?

C'mon. Everyone else was an adult. M3 was being petulant.
Yeah he was pissed off and out of line, petulant no doubt. I’m sure he thought he was still the Head Coach of the Packers. But heck man, we all get annoyed at times and I’ve seen grown men do a lot worse.
I tend to defend the guy when I see Packer fans unloading on the him, he wasn’t that bad a guy.

MadtownPacker
02-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Obviously repressed anger from dealing with Rodgers and TT.

hoosier
02-28-2019, 12:21 PM
Just another asshole parent trying to relive their own failures and shattered dreams by turning their kids' athletic activities into do or die moments. Nothing new under the sun, but still totally embarrassing and, I hope, humiliating after he's had a chance to reflect on it.

call_me_ishmael
02-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Another asshole parent reliving their own failures... c'mon man do you really think MM is a failure? He is a top 20 coach statistically in NFL history. He is wealthy beyond his wildest dreams and will be able to set his kids, kids kids, and kids kids kids, etc up for life. Hard to call that a failure.

Yes, he was totally out of line. I personally love seeing it out a step dad though. Shows how much he cares for his step kids.

Fritz
02-28-2019, 12:55 PM
People need to learn to let go.

#FailMary

#JerryRiceDroppedTheBall

Honestly, pretty poor accountability.

#4th-and-26!

#Fake-Field-Goal-Seattle!

#Brent-Don't-Want-To-Play-In-The-ColdNFCCG!

Places like Packerrats exist so we never have to let any of it go!

On a more serious note . . .

I would've thunk MM would've better understood that you're not doing your kid - or any of the kids - a favor by railing against the refs. I thought MM would understand better than most how dumb it is to go ballistic over a high school game.

It's the kids's game, not the parents' game. Shut up and let the kids play. And let them figure out how to handle bad calls. Preferably with more class than MM showed.

Patler
02-28-2019, 01:49 PM
On a more serious note . . .

I would've thunk MM would've better understood that you're not doing your kid - or any of the kids - a favor by railing against the refs. I thought MM would understand better than most how dumb it is to go ballistic over a high school game.

It's the kids's game, not the parents' game. Shut up and let the kids play. And let them figure out how to handle bad calls. Preferably with more class than MM showed.

Yup. That's why I said he was an idiot. Sure, other parents have done far worse; but he should have a more complete perspective just from his more extensive experiences. Not to mention the fact that he should understand his own position/profile and the impact it can have. Maybe that's it!!!! He did it on purpose to publicize how foolish parents and fans can be! If you are I did the same thing, who would have seen, or cared? Today, sports talk shows all over the country are discussing the topic of fan conduct in youth sports, just because of MM.

Thanks, Mike McCarthy, for bringing focus on a growing concern in youth sports at all levels!

Joemailman
02-28-2019, 03:19 PM
McCarthy apologized to the school for the incident:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2019/02/28/mike-mccarthy-ex-packers-coach-apologizes-conduct-incident-wiaa-officials/3015630002/

McCarthy contacted Notre Dame officials Wednesday to apologize for the incident.

"Notre Dame Academy is founded on the values of faith, respect, responsibility, service, and trustworthiness," athletic director Steph Mathu said in a statement released by the school. "The behavior exemplified by the parent at Tuesday night’s game is unacceptable at athletic events and does not reflect our institution as a whole.

"Last night, a Notre Dame Academy administrator received a call of apology from the parent involved. We appreciate his outreach and we look forward to moving ahead in a faith-centered and esteemed fashion.

"Any time we receive a complaint from the WIAA, we look further into the situation and address the behavior with whomever is involved. We thank all officials in athletic contests, especially in our conference and state, for the time and commitment they dedicate to our student-athletes."

I remember a few years back reading an article about McCarthy's wife was trying to get him to clean up some of the language he would use on the practice field. She might have been his fiercest critic after this incident.

call_me_ishmael
02-28-2019, 04:26 PM
Can you even imagine the wrath of your wife if you were the parent doing this? Holy hell, no thanks. Definitely not worth it. Embarrassing yourself, your family, your wife, your kids, etc. My wife would go ape shit and would just be PO'd at me indefinitely. Rightfully so.

red
02-28-2019, 06:40 PM
so, he finally showed some passion on the sideline that he almost completely lacked while coaching the packers

RashanGary
02-28-2019, 08:58 PM
No biggie. I still think he’s cool.

Vincenzo
03-01-2019, 12:50 AM
No biggie. I still think he’s cool.
We are so, so deep in the offseason.

pbmax
03-01-2019, 08:34 AM
I will say this for him. He doesn't seem to have been bellyaching loudly from the stands, which is the most common behavior. If he was, it apparently didn't stand out. When I was in school, the most obnoxious parent was the father of the star basketball player who would yell at his son AND anyone else who caught his attention during the game.

So kudos to him for keeping it together during the game. At least it wasn't as bad as the youth wrestling tournament in Kimberly last week.

pbmax
03-01-2019, 08:43 AM
so, he finally showed some passion on the sideline that he almost completely lacked while coaching the packers

How wrong you are.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5wFjuk7BPtqU1oO3dE/giphy.gif

hoosier
03-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Another asshole parent reliving their own failures... c'mon man do you really think MM is a failure? He is a top 20 coach statistically in NFL history. He is wealthy beyond his wildest dreams and will be able to set his kids, kids kids, and kids kids kids, etc up for life. Hard to call that a failure.

Yes, he was totally out of line. I personally love seeing it out a step dad though. Shows how much he cares for his step kids.

Athletic failure, not necessarily failure at life.

pbmax
03-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Nice article on parents at sporting events by Lori Nickel.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2019/02/28/mccarthy-just-latest-example-decades-old-issue-youth-sports/3019550002/

red
03-01-2019, 03:03 PM
How wrong you are.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5wFjuk7BPtqU1oO3dE/giphy.gif

I’m not 100% positive. But I think he’s dropping his chili dog there and reacting to that, not the actual game

QBME
03-01-2019, 05:07 PM
I’m not 100% positive. But I think he’s dropping his chili dog there and reacting to that, not the actual game

Youse guys crack me up.

hoosier
03-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Nice article on parents at sporting events by Lori Nickel.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2019/02/28/mccarthy-just-latest-example-decades-old-issue-youth-sports/3019550002/

In my experience as a parent and a coach, it is always the parents you figured should know better who turn out to be helicopter assholes at their kids's games. The ones you expect to hear something from rarely say anything but encouraging stuff.

George Cumby
03-06-2019, 06:10 PM
How many beers in was he? Or was it peppermint schnapps in a brown paper bag under the bleachers?

Lame.