PDA

View Full Version : Packers release Morrison

red
03-08-2019, 04:28 PM
yup

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/08/report-packers-waive-antonio-morrison/

Tony Oday
03-10-2019, 02:05 PM
I know it's a business but this was a dick move.

Guiness
03-10-2019, 03:32 PM

Why's that? Seems like just another not very noteworthy waiver move during the offseason to me. They certainly cut him early enough that he can catch on with another team.

red
03-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Does seem weird that we let him go instead of letting him compete for a spot. he was only due to make 2 million, so someone must have really disliked what they saw in him

Which makes you wonder what those people saw in perry for him to not already be cut

Joemailman
03-10-2019, 03:42 PM
It's the right move. 2 million is too much to pay for an ILB who you do not want as a starter.

George Cumby
03-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Who?

pbmax
03-11-2019, 09:35 AM

Yeah, they cut him because his escalator clause gave him an automatic bump in pay but they are interested in bringing him back at a lower salary.

Kinda lame.

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Yeah, they cut him because his escalator clause gave him an automatic bump in pay but they are interested in bringing him back at a lower salary.

Kinda lame.

I don't see why that's lame. He's a limited player who is a liability in passing situations. Are they obligated to overpay people?

pbmax
03-11-2019, 09:46 AM
I don't see why that's lame. He's a limited player who is a liability in passing situations. Are they obligated to overpay people?

Just seems wrong to fire someone who just got a raise. Not his fault your ILBs suck.

It makes sense, just a terrible message about how poor your talent is.

run pMc
03-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Morrison exceeded my expectations last year. They played him more than I thought they would. He's a decent early down run stopper type and probably a ST guy. You like to have fiery guys like him on your team, but in a passing league his skill set is limited.
Is Jake Ryan worth $2M?

It's kind of a dick move, but it's a ruthless business so I'm not surprised. He played well enough to get another NFL contract IMO.

red
03-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I didn’t think he was half bad last year either, nice cheap vet guy to have as a backup and special teamer

2 million isn’t too much for that IMO

Carolina_Packer
03-11-2019, 12:12 PM

Kinda lame.

Maybe there is enough encouraging signs regarding Ryan's re-hab, or they are going to re-sign Clay and move him inside.

Joemailman
03-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I didn’t think he was half bad last year either, nice cheap vet guy to have as a backup and special teamer

2 million isn’t too much for that IMO

2 million would put him among he top 30 highest paid ILB's. He's not that good. Not that paying him that much would break the bank, but it's a sensible move by Gutey.

Fritz
03-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Jake Ryan sucks. Please don't bring him back. Morrison, if you can re-sign him for less, okay.

The NFL is a dick place, regardless of what you think about this move.