PDA

View Full Version : Worst team in football??

b bulldog
09-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Way to early to judge but they looked pretty bad. brett played well until the last 8 minutes of the game when the game was already way in hand so they had absolutely no meaning. What I was most disappointed with was the vet OT's and our DB's. Kampy and Jenkins looked good and Barnett was easily the best LB. Jennings looked lost but he WILL GET BETTER. NEXT WEEKS GAME IS DO OR DIE, they lose against the Saints and they will definitely get a shot at Quinn,Johnson or Peterson in next years draft. As much as I love the draft, it is a bit early to start talking the 07 draft, right? :sad:

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Way to early to judge but they looked pretty bad. brett played well until the last 8 minutes of the game when the game was already way in hand so they had absolutely no meaning. What I was most disappointed with was the vet OT's and our DB's. Kampy and Jenkins looked good and Barnett was easily the best LB. Jennings looked lost but he WILL GET BETTER. NEXT WEEKS GAME IS DO OR DIE, they lose against the Saints and they will definitely get a shot at Quinn,Johnson or Peterson in next years draft. As much as I love the draft, it is a bit early to start talking the 07 draft, right? :sad:

Nope, I'm already debating Calvin Johnson vs. Ted Ginn

Joemailman
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
After all the talk about starting 2 rookie guards, it was the tackles who I thought played worst. I agree that next week is very important. That is a winnable game. If we don't win it, another start like last year is likely.

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
ooops it was tampa that got beat worse than we did...

b bulldog
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I love Johnson's size and his ups. Johnson is the best WR prospect since Moss.

Partial
09-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Johnson is pretty ridiculous

justanotherpackfan

Well, as much fun as that is, like Mike Goleck said there has to be a point where you improve and go 7-9 before you can go 11-5, meaning I guess we shouldn't be rooting for them to lose to get a higher draft pick and instead hoping for an improved team.

b bulldog
Cliffy looked like a R, 7th rounder and Tauscher didn't look so great neither.

Lurker64
Eh, way to early. We're a young team playing a good experienced team in the first week, and we didn't play all that great.

But Tampa Bay got beat worse than we did, and they were a playoff team last year losing to a team that didn't make the playoffs last year. The first week is weird, you can never really tell anything from it.

The Packers will probably win about 6 games this year and draft around 8-15th.

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 06:40 PM

Agreed. I don't like players like Ginn or Jarrett because they're products of a system. Look at the three best WR's in the league:

Randy Moss - Marshall
Terrell Owens - Chattanooga
Steve Smith - Utah

b bulldog
09-10-2006, 06:40 PM
That is obvious but so is starting much youth and having much youth at backup positions and where it will get you! Top 3 pick!!!!

]{ilr]3
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Definantly not the worst.

Taucher was the only one trying to protect Favre and kept getting flagged for it. I thought the last one against him was BS.

The Bears played solid and one decisively. But the officails sucked shit. Not that it mattered

vince
09-10-2006, 06:43 PM
The Packers are definitely one of the worst teams in the league after this performance, but I do believe there is a lot of potential for growth and improvement. New coach...system...players... It will take some time, as we saw...

I don't think they'll end the season one of the worst teams in the league...

CyclonePackFan
09-10-2006, 06:44 PM

Well, as much fun as that is, like Mike Goleck said there has to be a point where you improve and go 7-9 before you can go 11-5, meaning I guess we shouldn't be rooting for them to lose to get a higher draft pick and instead hoping for an improved team.

I would never cheer for the Packers to lose, irregardless. I'm merely debating because I see WR as our biggest need as of right now.

Partial
09-10-2006, 06:45 PM

Agreed. I don't like players like Ginn or Jarrett because they're products of a system. Look at the three best WR's in the league:

Randy Moss - Marshall
Terrell Owens - Chattanooga
Steve Smith - Utah

Larry Fitzgerald - Pitt
Torry Holt - NC State

Maybe you're onto something here?

FritzDontBlitz
09-10-2006, 06:45 PM
today yes. but, its because the packers offensive line played like crap and the defense couldn't stop my grandma. even the vets need time adjusting to playing with each other under a new scheme. i saw a lot of miscommunication on both sides of the ball, starting with the 44 yard bomb that put chicago up 7-0.

its gonna take another week or two to develop the rhythm on offense, but they made a huge step today with the running game. that's a great foundation to build on.

as for gameplanning? i don't think mccarthy called enough moving pocket passes, and not one screen pass was called to give ahman an opportunity to work in space. if i were to take a guess, the packers offensive braintrust were shellshocked from the first td and never recovered.

had to edit this, cuz i originally typed it in the dark....

it was a very painful game to watch, and there will be plenty of salt thrown into my open wounds when i get to work tomorrow morning on the southside of chicago, but i still believe the pack will grow from this. i think if the pack can manage .500 football the first half of the season they will be in great shape.

b bulldog
09-10-2006, 06:48 PM
The first quarter of the schedule is the easiest till the very end. This could have them getting better and better and still losing because the talent level of the opposition is increasing also.

Brohm
09-10-2006, 06:50 PM
As bad as things were today, I truely think we will get a lot better as the season goes on. It may be too late by the time they do but definately setting the tone for the future. I just hope Colledge can get up to snuff quick at LT to back up Clifton.

Bossman641
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Negatives
Clifton looked terrible out there.
The OL appeared to have some confusion and missed assignments.
Brady Poppinga looked bad in coverage.
There looked to be confusion between Harris and Manuel on the Berrian TD (Expected this after Manuel was out all offseason)
McCarthy's playcalling was questionable

Positives
The running game looked better than I thought it would
Green looks to be in phenomenal shape and has his burst back
Before his 2 baffling interceptions at the end of the game Favre seemed to make good decisions

vince
09-10-2006, 07:08 PM
The first quarter of the schedule is the easiest till the very end. This could have them getting better and better and still losing because the talent level of the opposition is increasing also.
They all look tough after today's game, but after week 1, some teams showed some things that may make the first part of the year look tougher than we might have thought before the season - tougher than some of the later games...

Next 4 up to the bye week...

Saints - beat Cleveland, a team that appears to be a team with some similar problems to the Packers - inexperience
Lions - D looked SOLID, but O mostly fluttered to lose to last year's NFC champions by a FG
Eagles - looked good, but against Houston...
Rams - looked very good beating what one would think is a very solid Denver team

The easier games appear to be after the break - Miami, Buffalo, Jets, Niners...
in between Arizona, Vikes, Pats, and Seattle...
ending with Lions, Vikings and Bears

The problem, as you allude to Bulldog, is that the Packers are playing as much against their own inexperience as they are their opponents...

They all look tough right now..

KYPack
09-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Man, that was an ass kickin', eh?

Dawg, don't start with the draft stuff yet.

It's bad luck.

the_idle_threat
09-11-2006, 03:11 AM
With the way things looked, if we get a high pick next year we might wanna look at Joe Thomas.

jack's smirking revenge
09-11-2006, 09:23 AM
When power rankings come out, I think you'll see us ranked at the bottom. At least teams like Houston and San Fran scored. We had one chance at scoring from 52 yards away and it was blocked.

If were to create power rankings, GB would definitely be 32 right now. I think I'd have to put Tampa right above us at 31 after week1.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
09-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Even worse? Favre is two completions closer to the wrong record. (0 TDs, 2 INTs yesterday)

tyler