PDA

View Full Version : A Tiny ( & Perhaps Meaningless) Insight Into Aaron Rodgers' Character

The Shadow
04-08-2019, 07:19 PM
With all the hit piece diva stuff about Rodgers lately, I thought I'd share a personal little story (and I apologize if I have already related this here) :
I was up at training camp the year Rodgers was drafted. I was waiting near that metal fence where the players pass near the practice field.
Rodgers passed by. An older woman passed a notepad thru the fence to him & requested an autograph. He took it, began signing - when a gust of wind took it away. He turned around, located it, and tracked it down. He started again. Another gust took it away - and he chased it down again & finished signing.
Now, this may mean nothing... but : sometimes a small random act can open up a look into the character of a person.
I've liked Rodgers ever since.

pbmax
04-08-2019, 11:55 PM
It’s a nice story Shadow.

But don’t tell it to Mad. Rodgers wasn’t signing autographs one day and it’s haunted him ever since.

RashanGary
04-09-2019, 01:56 AM
I like Rodgers too. He’s human, like the rest of us. He’s like Favre, like McCarthy, like me and like everyone else. More than most people, as we tend to judge it, he has a lot of really strong traits. Some of that has gone to his head, as has it with most people in his situation. So did it with McCarthy and Favre, and so many others.

Honestly, the biggest thing this does for me is gain respect for Bellichick. I don’t know how he kept that ship on course for so long. I can’t even put words together that describe how awestruck I am by what they’ve accomplished. From a talent and coaching perspective, it’s impressive alone, but keeping them so dialed in. Just wow. How? That’s amazing. That more than anything else. I’m so curious at this point. I might spend the next year listening to everything he’s ever said to just get a feel for what he was trying to do and how he did it.

mraynrand
04-09-2019, 08:48 AM
I once used a bathroom stall after Jayrone Elliot at a fundraiser. He left behind some undigested corn in a floater. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

pbmax
04-09-2019, 09:19 AM
I once used a bathroom stall after Jayrone Elliot at a fundraiser. He left behind some undigested corn in a floater. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

This is the coverage this site should be known for.

Fritz
04-09-2019, 11:49 AM

Well, he couldn't seem to flush a quarterback, so this is no surprise.

gbgary
04-09-2019, 12:51 PM
lol

Rutnstrut
04-09-2019, 11:07 PM
With all the hit piece diva stuff about Rodgers lately, I thought I'd share a personal little story (and I apologize if I have already related this here) :
I was up at training camp the year Rodgers was drafted. I was waiting near that metal fence where the players pass near the practice field.
Rodgers passed by. An older woman passed a notepad thru the fence to him & requested an autograph. He took it, began signing - when a gust of wind took it away. He turned around, located it, and tracked it down. He started again. Another gust took it away - and he chased it down again & finished signing.
Now, this may mean nothing... but : sometimes a small random act can open up a look into the character of a person.
I've liked Rodgers ever since.

So you're saying Rodgers has small, weak, girl hands?

run pMc
04-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Rodgers needed to work on his notepad level.

George Cumby
04-10-2019, 11:44 AM

You had me in the first half, I ain't gonna' lie.

pbmax
04-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Maybe Rodgers faked his hand size measurement at the combine.

Sparkey
04-11-2019, 03:27 PM
Maybe Rodgers faked his hand size measurement at the combine.

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Video/__NEW/x_30_dtl_ojdoesntfitextra_160304.jpg