PDA

View Full Version : It Happens Every Year

The Shadow
04-18-2019, 02:06 PM
The Draft :
I buy 3 draft magazines & read the reports.
I identify players I like.
I watch highlight tapes of the prospects.
I start reading the reviews of the draft 'experts' online. They hate the players I like.
I check out the thoughts of my fellow Rats. They also hate the players I like.
They like players I just don't.
I get really confused.
I get to the point where there are enough negatives about the players I thought I liked that I don't want the Pack to draft any of them.
I give up. I don't know WHAT I want.

run pMc
04-18-2019, 02:14 PM
Awww :sad:

Which players do you like, and why? Even if I don't like them, we probably each have our reasons.

FWIW, I'm so sick of all the draft talk that I just want it to be over, and for Gute to just draft BPAs...and All-Pros. ;)

The Shadow
04-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Well, I THOUGHT I liked Devin White, M. Brown, Risner, Lindstrom, Sweat, Rapp.
But that was yesterday.... and yesterday's gone.

gbgary
04-18-2019, 04:58 PM
The Draft :
I buy 3 draft magazines & read the reports.
I identify players I like.
I watch highlight tapes of the prospects.
I start reading the reviews of the draft 'experts' online. They hate the players I like.
I check out the thoughts of my fellow Rats. They also hate the players I like.
They like players I just don't.
I get really confused.
I get to the point where there are enough negatives about the players I thought I liked that I don't want the Pack to draft any of them.
I give up. I don't know WHAT I want.

soooo...the shadow doesn't know? smh

MadScientist
04-18-2019, 05:39 PM

Depending on how you look at them, every prospect is either a sure fire hall of famer in the making, or a soon to be bust.

The Shadow
04-18-2019, 05:42 PM
soooo...the shadow doesn't know? smh

Not yet.......
But I will make a last minute choice both brilliant & misguided.

Fritz
04-19-2019, 08:56 AM
I have been wondering for some time, Shadow, if you are indeed Ted Thompson.

I think I have my answer now.

The Shadow
04-19-2019, 10:08 AM
I have been wondering for some time, Shadow, if you are indeed Ted Thompson.

I think I have my answer now.

Just because I slur my posts & fall asleep in the middle?

run pMc
04-19-2019, 11:34 AM

OK, I'll bite.

Devin White - I like him, but I don't know that I like drafting an ILB with great athleticism and iffy instincts. Maybe I'm just gun shy after AJ Hawk at #5, or maybe it's just I think he's no Patrick Willis and there could be better defensive value at 12. If he was there at 12, I wouldn't be against the pick.

M. Brown - The lisfranc injury and relatively slight build are turnoffs for me. He's explosive, but so is Parris Campbell. Plus a WR in R1 would be a luxury pick for sure. If he was still there in R3 I'd think about it, but the size/injury concerns would remain. If they draft any pass catchers in R1 I'd hope it was because one of the Iowa TEs was there at 30.

Risner and Lindstrom I like (esp. Lindstrom) and would be fine with either. I think one or both could be there at 30.

Sweat has the heart condition and seems like more of a 4-3 DE. He could be a real terror and one of those chesspiece types. Like any rookie he has technique to learn, but he's got a shot. Feels boom or bust to me.

Rapp ran like a 4.7 and has good instincts which you need at S, but I think he's more of a box/strong safety, and I think GB needs a free safety. I'd prefer the Florida kid or Thornhill, personally. Rapp might end up being a player, but there are others I like better.

Deputy Nutz
04-19-2019, 03:44 PM
I like Rapp's production at Washington. The 4.77 forty at the pro day concerns me, but I think he tore his groin before the combine and is still recovering. Either way, not good. He also declined to talk to the media afterwards.