PDA

View Full Version : Nutz's 2019 First Round Mock Draft

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2019, 01:20 PM
1. Arizona Cardinals: Nick Bosa DE, Ohio St - highest rated player on their draft board. I can’t see the Cardinals going the way of QB if they haven’t moved Rosen before the draft. Any of the Quarterbacks are a reach at #1.

2. San Francisco 49ers: Joshua Allen OLB, Kentucky - 49ers have been linked to an edge rusher this entire draft, but they could go out and take a receiver or tight end with the number #2 selection.

3. New York Jets: D.K Metcalf WR, Mississippi - The Jets have so many options with this pick especially if teams are looking to trade up for a QB or Quinnen Williams. Metcalf is a bit of reach but the Jets need talent on offense whether that is at receiver or blocking for Sam Darnold the have to get some dynamic production.

4. Oakland Raiders: Kyle Murray QB, Oklahoma - I guess he will be playing in the bay regardless of sport. I know they say they are staying with Carr but Murray is too tantalizing to pass up for the Raiders. They could also trade this pick to continue to stockpile picks

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Devin White LB, LSU - I think this is pretty high for Devin White, but the Buccaneers need to improve their defense. Trading back is always a possiblity.

6. New York Giants: Jawaan Taylor OT, Florida - Giants don’t have a QB they are willing to take with the 6th pick on their board so they take an offensive tackle to protect. They have options, most likely they might try to trade up to grab Murray or select Haskins.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: TJ Hockenson TE Iowa - They have some holes on offense that they would like to fill on the offensive line, and they might be able to do that early and fill the TE position in the second round, but Hockenson is a heck of a talent that would be hard to pass up if you needed a TE.

8. Detroit Lions: Montez Sweat Edge- The Lions need an impact defensive player and they think with Sweat’s measurables and combine numbers they have their guy.

9. Buffalo Bills: Quinnen Williams DT, Alabama - It is a travesty that Williams lasted this long but the Bills luck out and get one of the best talents in this draft with the 9th pick. I doubt he lasts this long but crazier things have happened.

10. Denver Broncos: Dwayne Haskins QB, Ohio St. - The cupboard has been dry since Manning left and Flacco is just a hold over for a year or two. The Broncos need to pull the trigger now.

11. Cincinnati Bengals: Noah Fant TE, Iowa - Fant has the size of a TE but the characteristics of a wide receiver. He is the type of nightmare matchup that keep defensive coordinators up at night. They could also go offensive line.

12. Green Bay Packers: Ed Oliver DL, Houston: Packers can’t pass on Oliver, although they do need offensive line help, Oliver has that fast twitch, explosive get off that you just can’t teach or find every day. He is a disruptor of the highest regard.

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2019, 01:21 PM
13. Miami Dolphins: Jonah Williams OL, Alabama - The Dolphins need offensive line help and Williams can play left tackle, right tackle, and both guard spots. The Dolphins also need to a new QB so they could think to put a package together to move up.

14. Atlanta Falcons: Clenin Ferrell Edge, Clemson - Clemson wants an active edge rusher who can stand in against the run and Ferrell is just the guy. Strong at the point and can get after the QB in a 3 point stance or a two point.

15. Washington Redskins: Greedy Williams CB, LSU - Not a position of desperate need but Williams has that rare combination of size speed that is coveted at corner.

16. Carolina Panthers: Dalton Risner OL, Kansas St - Offers a lot of position flexibility that if he couldn’t cut it at right tackle he could easily play guard in the NFL.

17. New York Giants: Brian Burns Edge Florida St - The Giants tried to wait out for a QB and none fell to them at 17. They go with the best available edge rusher in Burns.

18. Minnesota Vikings: Cody Ford OL, Oklahoma - Vikings need a big aggressive and flexible offensive linemen to open holes for their running game and protect Cousins.

19. Tennessee Titans: Rashan Gary DL - Tweener between end and interior, but has work out numbers like a linebacker, Gary provide a much needed athletic pass rusher and disruptor for the Titans defense.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: DeAndre Brown CB, Georgia - Aggressive corner that will attack receivers regardless of size or mismatch. Doesn’t have elite physical traits but knows how to read the QB and the receiver. Has good instincts

21. Seattle Seahawks: Byron Murphy CB, Washington - Heavy instinct kid who lacks deep speed. Sounds familiar for Seahawk cornerbacks.

22. Baltimore Ravens: AJ Brown WR, Mississippi - Heavy muscled, athletic receiver who is more of a possession receiver with run after the catch possibilities. He will be an instant security blanket for Jackson.

23. Houston Texans: Andre Dillard OT, Washington St. - Offers the best pass protection set in the draft. Big athletic kid that can protect the blind side for years to come. The Texans are thrilled to have him at this point in the draft.

24. Oakland Raider: Devine Bush LB, Michigan- Raiders get a dynamic presence with the second first round pick. Bush can go sideline to sideline and will be known more for the exciting play than consistency

25. Philadelphia Eagles: Josh Jacobs RB, Alabama- Interesting way the board plays out for the Eagles. They need a running back but I don’t think they want to take a running back here, they would rather have an edge rusher but none are available that are worth this pick.

26. Indianapolis Colts: Parris Campbell WR, Ohio St. - Campbell has some scary speed and fantastic hands. He will have to develop some but he might be the best athlete in this class of receivers.

27. Oakland Raiders: Marquise Brown WR, Oklahoma - They complete the connection and draft Brown to go with Murray. Brown is just the type of pick that the Davises love. I hate Brown here in the first round but it is a no brainer for the Raiders brain trust.

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2019, 01:23 PM
28. Los Angeles Chargers: Nkeal Harry WR Arizona St. - Big and tall receiver that want to stretch the field and high point the football, he offers the best down field blocking in the draft at the position .

29. Seattle Seahawks: Darnell Savage S, Maryland - The Hawks draft another player to improve their secondary. Savage provides flexibility and can line up wherever needed whether it is at free or strong.

30. Green Bay Packers: Chauncy Gardner-Johnson S, Florida - Packers miss out on the offensive tackles, tight ends, and linebackers they wanted in the first round, but they have a significant need at safety and Gardner-Johnson is available.

31. Los Angeles Rams: Garrett Bradbury OL, NC St. - Nothing is less sexier than drafting an interior offensive lineman in the first round but Bradbury is a good one and one of the more athletic linemen in this draft.

32. New England Patriots: Jeffery Simmons DT, Mississippi St - Just the type of pick that keeps New England relevant after all these years. Other teams pass on Simmons because of the knee injury and the Patriots get one of the higher rated players in this draft with the last pick in round one because they are willing to wait for him to heal.

RashanGary
04-23-2019, 03:04 PM
I’ll take it!

Hey, would you want to check out tytus howard and Cody Barton? Both seem like possible day 2 steals to me.

Guiness
04-23-2019, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure if it's just smoke being blown up our asses or what, but based on the information the fans are seeing, I'd be shocked if Murray lasted until pick #4. I think if he's there after the first pick, there is some GM that has fallen in love with him scrambles to move up and will find willing partners in either the 9'ers or Jets.

Fritz
04-23-2019, 05:21 PM
1. Arizona Cardinals: Nick Bosa DE, Ohio St - highest rated player on their draft board. I can’t see the Cardinals going the way of QB if they haven’t moved Rosen before the draft. Any of the Quarterbacks are a reach at #1.

2. San Francisco 49ers: Joshua Allen OLB, Kentucky - 49ers have been linked to an edge rusher this entire draft, but they could go out and take a receiver or tight end with the number #2 selection.

3. New York Jets: D.K Metcalf WR, Mississippi - The Jets have so many options with this pick especially if teams are looking to trade up for a QB or Quinnen Williams. Metcalf is a bit of reach but the Jets need talent on offense whether that is at receiver or blocking for Sam Darnold the have to get some dynamic production.

4. Oakland Raiders: Kyle Murray QB, Oklahoma - I guess he will be playing in the bay regardless of sport. I know they say they are staying with Carr but Murray is too tantalizing to pass up for the Raiders. They could also trade this pick to continue to stockpile picks

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Devin White LB, LSU - I think this is pretty high for Devin White, but the Buccaneers need to improve their defense. Trading back is always a possiblity.

6. New York Giants: Jawaan Taylor OT, Florida - Giants don’t have a QB they are willing to take with the 6th pick on their board so they take an offensive tackle to protect. They have options, most likely they might try to trade up to grab Murray or select Haskins.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: TJ Hockenson TE Iowa - They have some holes on offense that they would like to fill on the offensive line, and they might be able to do that early and fill the TE position in the second round, but Hockenson is a heck of a talent that would be hard to pass up if you needed a TE.

8. Detroit Lions: Montez Sweat Edge- The Lions need an impact defensive player and they think with Sweat’s measurables and combine numbers they have their guy.

9. Buffalo Bills: Quinnen Williams DT, Alabama - It is a travesty that Williams lasted this long but the Bills luck out and get one of the best talents in this draft with the 9th pick. I doubt he lasts this long but crazier things have happened.

10. Denver Broncos: Dwayne Haskins QB, Ohio St. - The cupboard has been dry since Manning left and Flacco is just a hold over for a year or two. The Broncos need to pull the trigger now.

11. Cincinnati Bengals: Noah Fant TE, Iowa - Fant has the size of a TE but the characteristics of a wide receiver. He is the type of nightmare matchup that keep defensive coordinators up at night. They could also go offensive line.

12. Green Bay Packers: Ed Oliver DL, Houston: Packers can’t pass on Oliver, although they do need offensive line help, Oliver has that fast twitch, explosive get off that you just can’t teach or find every day. He is a disruptor of the highest regard.

I would get a boner if this happened.

Bretsky
04-23-2019, 08:26 PM
I would get a boner if this happened.

DITTO

And if we were lucky enough to get Oliver (several mocks have him going between 10-14

I'd try to trade up and get some Bush !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliver and Bush would be my defensive dream draft.

Then nab a S in round two and go offense with the rest of the picks and pick a Badger in round 7

Fritz
04-24-2019, 06:01 AM
DITTO

And if we were lucky enough to get Oliver (several mocks have him going between 10-14

I'd try to trade up and get some Bush !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliver and Bush would be my defensive dream draft.

Then nab a S in round two and go offense with the rest of the picks and pick a Badger in round 7

A Badger in round seven?

Tex wants to know how good that Wisconsin kicker is...

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2019, 07:35 AM
I think there is a better than average chance both the Iowa guys go in the top 3rd of this draft. Fant's work out numbers are ridiculous and teams like Detroit like a super athletic TE.

Arizona will not take Murray if they can't move Rosen. Obviously if they work out a trade for Rosen before the draft they will take Murray, but that hasn't happened yet. If no trades happen I think the earliest he goes is pick 4

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2019, 10:27 AM
A Badger in round seven?

Tex wants to know how good that Wisconsin kicker is...

What makes you think that? I absolutely do want the Packers to draft a Kicker, but no way in hell that I want them to get Gaglionie.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2019, 08:53 AM
I could see the Giants make a move to number 4 with the Raiders. They would swap first round picks with maybe a 3 or 4th round pick in the mix.

6 and 17 for 4 and 24

The Giants could also make a reasonable trade with the Cardinals. They could trade their two first round picks to move to #1 and draft Murray, or they could sell they #17th pick and flip 2nd round picks with Cardinals for Josh Rosen.