PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Gutey Draft At #12?

Joemailman
04-23-2019, 06:31 PM
This is a preference poll.

I'm not including the following people who will likely be gone before the Packers pick: Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, Devin White, Jawaan Taylor, Kyler Murray.

If you feel one of the above will be available, you can vote "Other" and say who you think the pick should be.

Poll to follow.

HarveyWallbangers
04-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Trade down, Dillard, or Wilkins in this scenario for me. Last I heard, great pass blocking OTs have not gone out of style. I might like Wilkins more than Oliver for what we need out of a DL. To me Wilkins is as close to Kenny Clark as anybody in the draft and we could use two Kenny Clarks. Dillard is this draft's Bakh.

bobblehead
04-23-2019, 11:37 PM
My heart wants to go D in this draft again because with the money we just spent, add in a few more pieces and I think it can be a really good D. My brain says that it will fall in a way that we take OT (Dillard or Williams).

However you gave me the option of Sweat, so it was an easy pick for me. Its what I want, but unlikely to happen imo.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-24-2019, 04:54 AM
You punks ain’t got a fuckin’ clue whatcha talkin’ ‘bout. As my pal Partial would say, y’all are high school dropouts siting in front of a computer jacking off at clips of prospects on YouTube.

Me? I hold a Master’s in Mock Draft from the Mel Kiper Jr. School of College Football Scouting and Hair Design @ the prestigious ESPU. My flawless Master’s Thesis was entitled “The Incompetence of Ted Thompson.” I debunked, demeaned and annihilated that “draft and develop” bullshit.

Draft DK Metcalf!

mraynrand
04-24-2019, 07:24 AM
As my pal Partial would say, y’all are high school dropouts siting in front of a computer jacking off at clips of prospects on YouTube.

To thine own self be true!

run pMc
04-24-2019, 07:35 AM
Brian Burns. Big fan of is athleticism and (for his age) pass rush moves/counters. When it's 3rd down and they move ZaDangerous to rush inside and Preston is on the outside, you have him rushing instead of Fackrell. Dillard would be second choice, Wilkins third.
Wouldn't be crushed if they traded down a few spots for a 2020 pick that turned into a competent caddy/protege for Rodgers.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2019, 07:51 AM
I like Burns more than Sweat. If that helps anyone

bobblehead
04-24-2019, 08:48 AM
I like Burns more than Sweat. If that helps anyone

If its cuz of the heart I can buy it. If its raw talent and production...not so much.

If it helps people here, he has a slightly enlarged heart. So did Secretariat. I'm a buyer. If it is a problem, its not likely to express itself as a real problem until his early 40's from my understanding.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2019, 08:51 AM
No, it was watching them on Film.

Harlan Huckleby
04-24-2019, 09:58 AM

film. so Cleft Crusty

theeaterofshades
04-24-2019, 10:16 AM
Trade down, draft one of the IA TEs

texaspackerbacker
04-24-2019, 10:42 AM
I'm wondering why Devin White wasn't on the list. Maybe because there's a strong chance he will be gone by #12? You could say the same for Jonah Williams and maybe a couple of others, though.

Fritz
04-24-2019, 10:51 AM
You punks ain’t got a fuckin’ clue whatcha talkin’ ‘bout. As my pal Partial would say, y’all are high school dropouts siting in front of a computer jacking off at clips of prospects on YouTube.

Me? I hold a Master’s in Mock Draft from the Mel Kiper Jr. School of College Football Scouting and Hair Design @ the prestigious ESPU. My flawless Master’s Thesis was entitled “The Incompetence of Ted Thompson.” I debunked, demeaned and annihilated that “draft and develop” bullshit.

Draft DK Metcalf!

You are the Matt Millen of this board.

Carolina_Packer
04-24-2019, 11:02 AM
You are the Matt Millen of this board.

Hmm, Millen did like him some receivers!

Fritz
04-24-2019, 11:09 AM
Hmm, Millen did like him some receivers!

He sure did:

Calvin Johnson, #2 overall pick.
Mike Williams, #10 overall pick.
Roy Williams, #7 overall pick.
Charles Rodgers, #2 overall pick.

Four top-ten picks, three busts. Ouch.

gbgary
04-24-2019, 12:14 PM
i'll saaaaay...trade up for oliver.

Cleft Crusty
04-24-2019, 02:09 PM
film. so Cleft Crusty

I scout from microfiche and super 8.

Joemailman
04-24-2019, 02:21 PM

Cleft, do they even use blocking sleds anymore?

pbmax
04-24-2019, 02:28 PM

What happened to the newspaper clips I sent you?

Bretsky
04-24-2019, 11:37 PM
Pounds table shouting Defense Defense Defense

Eddie Oliver
Devin White
Devin Bush
Brian Burns

I think in that order

bobblehead
04-24-2019, 11:53 PM

We agree on Bush, but on this one I disagree. I like burns, don't misunderstand, but Sweat is a much bigger man. He won't bend the edge like Burns, but he will play the run better and if both players develop moves, Sweat has MUCH higher upside. Longer arms, bigger man, faster, stronger...a tad less twitchy.

RashanGary
04-25-2019, 01:15 AM
Bob McGinn has the Packers taking Jeffrey Simmons at 12. He won’t play in 2019. One of McGinns six guys said he was the best player in the draft. I just watched every play against Alabama last year. He made some big plays. He was doubled and tripled about half of the time. He held his ground very well and seeemed to be extremely assignment sure. He seemed to always have his eyes up and make the right decisions as the play unfolded.

He’s more sudden than Kenny Clark. Faster. Honestly, against Alabama, I think he showed he can really anchor down better than a 300 pounder should. He plays more like 320. He’d really be an ideal fit next to Kenny Clark.

Gutey has shown a willingness to look to the future by trading for a future 1st round pick last year. This is an adjustment year for the offense anyway.

Might be nice to go 8-8. Then go into next season with a top 15 pick plus Jeffrey Simmons.

Then unleash the Clark/Simmons duo and dominate in 2020.

RashanGary
04-25-2019, 01:20 AM
Simmons and Clark would be so fun to watch. Clark from age 24-30 and Simmons age 23-29. There is a six year span there where how the hell you gonna block those two guys!?!? Right up the middle. And both stout run players too. That would be so exciting!!

RashanGary
04-25-2019, 01:24 AM
And then fuck it, while we’re on defense, draft Jaylon Ferguson at 30 and the safety savage at 44. Get King healthy and look the fuck out!

Bretsky
04-25-2019, 07:13 PM
Hoping one of the Fab Four drops. Oliver White Bush Sweat

Joemailman
04-25-2019, 08:46 PM
Nobody picked Gary. :-)

Freak Out
04-25-2019, 09:35 PM
Shocking.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2019, 09:49 PM
Proof you mofos suck.

Bretsky
04-25-2019, 10:08 PM
Or more proof Eliott Wolf was our best candidate :)))

Joemailman
04-25-2019, 10:12 PM
Proof you mofos suck.

If you don't vote don't bitch. :duel: