PDA

View Full Version : BOB MCGINN

Bretsky
04-24-2019, 10:22 PM
I miss this guy

Best Packer Beat Reporter of all time, hands down. Would anybody debate this ?

None of these guys are qualified to carry his jock strap

And his draft stuff was amazing.

Anybody subscribe to his site

KUDOS TO THE DOBBER:knll::knll:

RashanGary
04-24-2019, 11:53 PM
I miss this guy

Best Packer Beat Reporter of all time, hands down. Would anybody debate this ?

None of these guys are qualified to carry his jock strap

And his draft stuff was amazing.

Anybody subscribe to his site

KUDOS TO THE DOBBER:knll::knll:

I subscribe. And he was awesome this year as usual. Check your messages

RashanGary
04-24-2019, 11:55 PM
Some of the scouts loved Clelin Ferrell. Compared him to Terrel Suggs.

bobblehead
04-25-2019, 08:25 AM
I just subscribed the other day so I could copy his mock draft and submit it to a contest a guy I know does every year. Bob has won that contest among writers several times. He is pretty damn knowledgeable with a lot of contacts to milk for actual information. I can win 1,000 and my entry is 100, so I figured it was worth the 16 to subscribe.

mraynrand
04-25-2019, 08:39 AM
I just subscribed the other day so I could copy his mock draft and submit it to a contest a guy I know does every year. Bob has won that contest among writers several times.

Why, you're nothing but a fraud! You're not even a cripple!

https://kirstendillon.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/de55f1f27d6349c91ea42706b7907189.jpg

MadScientist
04-25-2019, 09:26 AM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/25/mcginn-predicts-packers-will-draft-jeffery-simmons-juan-thornhill/
Sorry Bob, if Gute wastes a #12 pick on a guy who just blew out his ACL and has been charged with assaulting a woman he will instantly and deservedly be on the hot seat.

Joemailman
04-25-2019, 09:39 AM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/25/mcginn-predicts-packers-will-draft-jeffery-simmons-juan-thornhill/
Sorry Bob, if Gute wastes a #12 pick on a guy who just blew out his ACL and has been charged with assaulting a woman he will instantly and deservedly be on the hot seat.

If they wanted to take a chance on Simmons, they could trade down and still get him. I'd be shocked if he went as early as 12.

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2019, 09:49 AM
If they can't get Ollie-Hoch-Dilly, then move down if possible. I would be very comfortable with getting Simmons mid-second-round. I have been hyping him as the pick at 30 for a few weeks now!

I figured they'd be able to get Thorny Goat at 44, but perhaps not.

Joemailman
04-25-2019, 10:11 AM
https://www.profootballrumors.com/

Breer calls Mississippi State defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons the most interesting prospect in the draft. He is one of the top defensive players in his class, but the troubling video showing him striking a woman in high school, along with his ACL tear, have completely removed him from some teams’ draft boards. But there is still a good chance that he will be selected in the first round tonight.

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2019, 10:47 AM
FWIW, and I don't know if it's worth much since a lot of that stuff is just total BS, he has won some awards at Mississippi for community service and being a "good person". Dunno if BS or legit. Would like to see some personal growth. Given the (very justified) emphasis on domestic violence, the Packers had better have done their homework and come prepared to answer some difficult questions here. I also would expect them to have a very short leash and cut him lose if another incident like that occurred. I perceive Gutey as more of a roll-the-dice kind of guy than Ted.

Joemailman
04-25-2019, 10:59 AM
The domestic violence incident happened when he was still in high school. By all accounts, he's stayed out of trouble since then. But there's also the torn ACL. With there being so many good DL prospects this year, why risk a high 1st round pick on him? I expect him to go 1st round, but not until he's clearly the top prospect on some team's board. Probably somewhere in the 20's.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Rolling the dice on Simmons doesn't make a lot of sense with a deep top 5 defensive tackle group. 5 guys not including Simmons could go in the 1st round. I am beginning to warm up to Tillery out of Notre Dame. Simmons look like he was technique deficient on film.

Carolina_Packer
04-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Please, no. I hope for his sake that he turns into a rich, All-Pro, DL for many years to come and lives out his dreams, but I'm too worried about him being another Justin Harrell, a player coming in with health concerns. Nobody questions the potential, but who thinks it's worth the risk? Pass for me.

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2019, 11:23 AM
The NFL.com comparison is Ndamukong Suh. Not sure how accurate that is. I have never seen this dude play, I just know prior to his injury everyone was saying top 5 and special about this dude. I am not overly excited about it at 12 but at 20, that's a different story. I am firmly on the Hock-Olllie-Dilly bandwagon if they stay at 12. I really like Burns and Sweat too since they blew up the combine and I'm a sucker for measurements. I wouldn't object to those two either.