PDA

View Full Version : 2019 OFFICIAL DAY TWO------ROUUND 2/3 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Bretsky
04-26-2019, 07:31 AM
OK, feel free to start up your wish list.

I will be arriving late to the thead toightso I won' be around to list the top 5 players I want only to watch them get plucked away one by one right before we pick.

I'm not sure what guys to pound the table for.

I think we may grab a TE tonight, but who knows.

START UP YOUR WISHLISTS !!

Packers4Glory
04-26-2019, 07:48 AM
better find a slot WR this first pick. we have 1 legit WR and a bunch of 3-5 types.

Aaron Rodgers is getting screwed. we spent a ton in FA on defense and now our top 2 picks on defense. Only Adams can separate from defenders the rest can't.

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2019, 07:57 AM
What? There's more picks? Given the general whining and crying yesterday you would have thought the Packers draft and season was already ruined, so why bother even picking anyone else?

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2019, 08:02 AM
Guys that are still available after round on. This is a pretty crazy list as some of these guys were considered top 10 selection just hours before the draft. I haven't seen guys drop like this in a while.

1. DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss - Went into the draft as the top rated receiver in just about every internet publication out there including NFL.com. Teams simply don't trust his injury history, lack of production, and his slow 3 cone drill at the combine.

2. Jawan Taylor OT Florida - His name kept popping up everywhere as the guy who was the top tackle in the draft. I didn't buy into that hype but I still had him rated as first round pick. Maybe concerns about his eating habbits.

3. Greedy Williams CB LSU - I had him rated as the number one corner, and although only one corner was drafted in the first round I was a bit surprised to still see his name remaining after the end of the first round. NFL teams want the corners to tackle, and he doesn't want to.

4. Cody Ford OL Oklahoma - several interior offensive linemen went a head of him and although I had Bradbury and Linstrom rated higher I thought the fact that he could bump out to tackle would make a him a mid 1st round selection

5. Drew Lock QB Missouri - This one doesn't surprise me because of how careless he was with the football in college, and how poorly he handled pressure.

6. Parris Cambpell WR Ohio St - I think there is a negative bias against Ohio St. receivers in the NFL. Myers passing game doesn't mesh well with the NFL.

7. Byron Murphy CB Washington - 2nd rated corner on my board, his biggest question mark was deep speed and I guess teams didn't want the first round risk.

8. AJ Brown WR Ole' Miss - I like Brown, I think he could be a difference maker right away, maybe catch 50 balls as a rookie.

9. Erik McCoy C/G Texas A&M - I think you are splitting hairs with him and Lindstrom, and Bradbury. He would be a great addition in the second round.

10. Dalton Risner OL Kansas St - Biggest surprise right here. I thought he would be a no brainer first round selection. Shocked

11. Irv Smith Jr TE Alabama - Not shocked that he is still available as he had a second round grade.

12. Julian Love CB Notre Dame - He doesn't have the deep speed scouts are looking for in the first round. That is why I am surprised that Baker was drafted already.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 08:06 AM
2. Jawan Taylor OT Florida - His name kept popping up everywhere as the guy who was the top tackle in the draft. I didn't buy into that hype but I still had him rated as first round pick. Maybe concerns about his eating hobbits.

Packers would have a strange training table with this guy.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 08:09 AM
10. Dalton Risner OL Kansas St - Biggest surprise right here. I thought he would be a no brainer first round selection. Shocked

I don't know what the Packers need to do to get this guy, but I'm hoping they do it.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 08:11 AM
better find a slot WR this first pick. we have 1 legit WR and a bunch of 3-5 types.

Aaron Rodgers is getting screwed. we spent a ton in FA on defense and now our top 2 picks on defense. Only Adams can separate from defenders the rest can't.

A short field with average receivers might be better than having to go 80 all the time.

red
04-26-2019, 08:26 AM
I don't know what the Packers need to do to get this guy, but I'm hoping they do it.

careful getting attached to anyone

every year a bunch of really good players drop to the second

then we watch as most of them get taken right before we pick, but a couple are left

then we take a guy everyone had pegged as a mid round pick

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 08:28 AM
careful getting attached to anyone

every year a bunch of really good players drop to the second

then we watch as most of them get taken right before we pick, but a couple are left

then we take a guy everyone had pegged as a mid round pick

lol

cynical, but true

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2019, 08:33 AM
MY PROJECTED STARTERS

OFFENSE (Base: 3 WR)

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Aaron Jones
WR Davante Adams
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling
WR Equanimeous St. Brown
TE Jimmy Graham
LT David Bakhtiari
LG Cole Madison or Lucas Patrick
OC Corey Linsley
RG Billy Turner
RT Bryan Bulaga

DEFENSE (Base: Nickel)

LDE Za'Darius Smith
NT Kenny Clark
RDE Mike Daniels
LOLB Rashaan Gary
ILB Blake Martinez
ROLB Preston Smith
LCB Kevin King
RCB Jaire Alexander
SCB Tramon Williams
SS Adrian Amos
FS Darnell Savage

I think this starting lineup is starting to look good. I picked Turner and Madison (or Patrick) at OG because I think they fit the scheme better than the three guys (Taylor, Bell, McCray) we had starting last year.

The needs are mostly depth pieces:

1) RB as insurance for injury prone Aaron Jones
2) Maybe another WR as insurance for last year's rookies. I say maybe because we also have Allison, Moore, and Kumerow. If the young guys develop, there may not be need here. I do think there will be WR value on Day 2 though.
3) OT to replace Bulaga next year.
4) DE to replace Daniels next year.
5) Coverage ILB.
6) I'd like to see them draft another CB as insurance for an aging Tramon or Josh Jackson.
7) More depth at S.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Top safeties remaining (not that it matters to Packfan)
2. Chauncy Green-Johnson
3. Juan Thornhill
4. Nassir Adderly
5. Armani Hooker
6. Taylor Rapp

Top Offensive linemen
1. Jawaan Taylor
2. Cody Ford
3. Dalton Risner
4. Erik McCoy
5. Greg Little
6. Elgton Jenkins
7. Micheal Deiter
8. Connor McGovern
9. Nate Davis
10. Max Sharping

Top Receivers remaining
1. DK Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Parris Campbell
4. Deebo Samuel
5. Hakeem Butler
6. Jalen Hurd
7. JJ Arcega-Whiteside
8. Riley Ridley
9. Emanuel Hall
10. Kelvin Harmon

Top Linebackers Avaiable
1. Mack Wilson
2. Te'von Coney
3. Dru Tranquill
4. Germaine Pratt
5. Bobby Okreke
6. TJ Edwards
7. Blake Cashman
8. Terrell Hanks
9. TJ Edwards
10. Cole Holcomb

Top Edge Rushers available
1. Chase Winovich
2. Jaylon Ferguson
3. Oshane Ximines
4. Jachai Polite
5. Austin Bryant
6. Zach Allen
7. Charles Omenlhu
8. Christian Miller
9. Deandre Walker
10. Anthony Nelson

Top Available Corners
1. Greedy Williams
2. Byron Murphy
3. Julian Love
4. Amani Oruwariye
5. Sean Bunting
6. Rock Ya-Sin
7. Justin Layne
8. Trayvon Mullen
9. Isaiah Johnson
10. Lonnie Johnson

Packers4Glory
04-26-2019, 08:41 AM
A short field with average receivers might be better than having to go 80 all the time.

Problem is I don't even define our receivers as average. average guys can get open. Aaron throwing the ball away a million times is proof enough. Back a few years ago with Jody cobb and adams we didn't see it nearly as much and we know Rodgers isn't going to start forcing throws that aren't there.

A short field with a quick slot WR in space would be ideal. We can't just keep ignoring the offense thinking Rodgers will make everyone better. There has to be some balance to this team building and we haven't had that in years. its defense defense defense and the defense never improves and the offense has eroded and Rodgers is getting older. They have got to get the man some weapons other than Adams.

Aaron Jones is a nice weapon but he also can't seem to stay on the field. Williams is a nice back but he's not a weapon of any sort like Jones.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 08:44 AM
^^^ The offense was broken with several rookies and young guys out there. There are people who like ESB's athleticism and Exxon-Valdez Scantron's speed. The talent level might be better than people generally believe.

I would like one more weapon in there. Maybe a quicker or bigger Cobb type who isn't injured all the time.

Joemailman
04-26-2019, 09:00 AM
^^^ The offense was broken with several rookies and young guys out there. There are people who like ESB's athleticism and Exxon-Valdez Scantron's speed. The talent level might be better than people generally believe.

I would like one more weapon in there. Maybe a quicker or bigger Cobb type who isn't injured all the time.

A.J. Brown. Played a lot of slot when Metcalf was playing. Moved outside when Metcalf was hurt.

red
04-26-2019, 09:01 AM
Problem is I don't even define our receivers as average. average guys can get open. Aaron throwing the ball away a million times is proof enough. Back a few years ago with Jody cobb and adams we didn't see it nearly as much and we know Rodgers isn't going to start forcing throws that aren't there.

A short field with a quick slot WR in space would be ideal. We can't just keep ignoring the offense thinking Rodgers will make everyone better. There has to be some balance to this team building and we haven't had that in years. its defense defense defense and the defense never improves and the offense has eroded and Rodgers is getting older. They have got to get the man some weapons other than Adams.

Aaron Jones is a nice weapon but he also can't seem to stay on the field. Williams is a nice back but he's not a weapon of any sort like Jones.

the problem is, our QB is looking for the home run ball first on almost every play. he's not even looking at the other guys as they run their routes

he only comes back to them after they're done getting open

ultra conservative a-rod also passed up a lot of throws where receivers were actually open, but just not side open

red
04-26-2019, 09:05 AM

esb was actually projected to be a 2nd rounder last year

i still dont know why he dropped

Joemailman
04-26-2019, 09:09 AM
https://gbnreport.com/updated-2019-gbn-big-board/

Updated 2019 GBN Big Board
Posted: April 24, 2019 | 0 comments
Jawaan Taylor OT 6-5, 312 5.35 Florida JR
DK Metcalf WR 6-3, 228 4.33 Mississippi RSO
Cody Ford OG 6-4, 330 5.21 Oklahoma JR
Drew Lock QB 6-4, 228 4.70 Missouri SR
Greedy Williams CB 6-2, 185 4.37 LSU RSO
Byron Murphy CB 5-11, 190 4.55 Washington RSO
AJ Brown WR 6-1, 226 4.50 Mississippi JR
Rock Ya-Sin CB 6-0, 192 4.52 Temple SR
Nasir Adderley FS 6-0, 206 4.55 Delaware SR
Dalton Risner C/T 6-5, 312 5.30 Kansas State SR
Erik McCoy C 6-4, 303 4.89 Texas A&M JR
Taylor Rapp SS 6-0, 215 4.55 Washington JR
Parris Campbell WR 6-0, 205 4.31 Ohio State SR
Justin Layne CB 6-2, 185 4.50 Michigan State JR
Connor McGovern C/G 6-6, 308 5.20 Penn State JR
Jaylon Ferguson DE 6-5, 255 4.85 Louisiana Tech SR
Miles Sanders RB 5-11, 211 4.49 Penn State JR
Elgton Jenkins C 6-5, 315 5.35 Mississippi State SR
Dre’Mont Jones DT 6-3, 281 5.12 Ohio State JR
Julian Love CB 5-11, 195 4.54 Notre Dame JR
Deebo Samuel WR 5-11, 214 4.48 South Carolina SR
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson DB 5-11, 210 4.48 Florida JR
Ryan Finley QB 6-4, 213 4.73 North Carolina State SR
Mack Wilson ILB 6-1, 240 4.75 Alabama JR
Juan Thornhill FS 6-0, 206 4.42 Virginia SR
Zach Allen DE 6-4, 281 5.00 Boston College SR
Irv Smith TE 6-3, 242 4.63 Alabama JR
Hakeem Butler WR 6-6, 227 4.48 Iowa State JR
Joejuan Williams CB 6-4, 211 4.65 Vanderbilt JR
Greg Little OT 6-5, 320 5.33 Mississippi JR
Chase Winovich DE 6-3, 256 4.59 Michigan SR
Will Grier QB 6-3, 217 4.84 West Virginia SR
Riley Ridley WR 6-2, 200 4.50 Georgia JR
Darnell Savage FS 5-11, 198 4.36 Maryland SR
Gerald Willis DT 6-2, 302 4.95 Miami SR
D’Andre Walker DE 6-3, 251 4.65 Georgia SR
David Montgomery RB 5-10, 220 4.52 Iowa State JR
Amani Oruwariye CB 6-2, 205 4.47 Penn State SR
Kelvin Harmon WR 6-3, 221 4.60 North Carolina State JR
Deionte Thompson FS 6-1, 195 4.50 Alabama JR
Sean Bunting CB 6-1, 195 4.42 Central Michigan JR
Trysten Hill DT 6-3, 308 5.05 Central Florida JR
Terry McLaurin WR 6-0, 208 4.35 Ohio State SR
Amani Hooker FS 6-0, 210 4.48 Iowa JR
Damien Harris RB 5-10, 215 4.57 Alabama SR
Germaine Pratt ILB 6-3, 240 4.57 North Carolina State SR
Emanuel Hall WR 6-2, 200 4.40 Missouri SR
Vosean Joseph OLB 6-2, 230 4.60 Florida JR
Jace Sternberger TE 6-4, 251 4.75 Texas A&M JR
Yodny Cajuste OT 6-5, 312 5.20 West Virginia SR

Fritz
04-26-2019, 09:45 AM
What? There's more picks? Given the general whining and crying yesterday you would have thought the Packers draft and season was already ruined, so why bother even picking anyone else?

That would be me. I think Gutekunst botched the first round, badly. I'm having a hard time getting excited about what else he might do.

But I would like to see them pick up an offensive tackle in the second round, if any of those big names Nutz has listed are available. Be nice to have someone solid ready to go when Bulaga goes down.

Or maybe a tight end to develop, and a running back.

Yet, they still need someone who can actually sack the quarterback, because while Rashan Gary is a great athlete, and he eats up a lot of blockers, and he can get close to a QB, he can't get a damn sack.

I'm telling you, he's the next Mike Neal, or Dante Jones. You all okay with that in your #12 overall pick??

Gary's teammate at Michigan, Winovich, will be, I think, a better NFL football player than Gary.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 09:49 AM
Gary's teammate at Michigan, Winovich, will be, I think, a better NFL football player than Gary.

hard to believe this unless Gary has a character problem and/or has awful football instincts.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 09:56 AM
A.J. Brown. Played a lot of slot when Metcalf was playing. Moved outside when Metcalf was hurt.

good call. Or go big with Butler or small/quick with Isabella later.

Fritz
04-26-2019, 09:57 AM
What makes this hard to believe? Winovich is the guy who actually plays with his hair on fire. I'm not saying he's the next Clay Matthews; I'm suggesting that even if he's only okay, or pretty good, he'll be better in the NFL than Gary.

I really, really, dislike that Gary pick. I'd have been fine with an offensive tackle, with Burns, with Sweat, maybe even, with someone else. But I watched Gary come into the U of M program with the biggest hype surrounding a high school athlete since Antoine "The Judge" Joubert, who came out of Detroit as the most hightly recruited high school basketball player of all time (at that time). Well, once Joubert started playing at Michigan, we nicknamed him "The Sludge" because he was slow - he was okay in college, but not what the hype led you to believe. The dude had a career playing basketball after that in . . . Europe.

That's how I see Rashan Gary. All show, no go.

Joemailman
04-26-2019, 09:59 AM
That would be me. I think Gutekunst botched the first round, badly. I'm having a hard time getting excited about what else he might do.

But I would like to see them pick up an offensive tackle in the second round, if any of those big names Nutz has listed are available. Be nice to have someone solid ready to go when Bulaga goes down.

Or maybe a tight end to develop, and a running back.

Yet, they still need someone who can actually sack the quarterback, because while Rashan Gary is a great athlete, and he eats up a lot of blockers, and he can get close to a QB, he can't get a damn sack.

I'm telling you, he's the next Mike Neal, or Dante Jones. You all okay with that in your #12 overall pick??

Actually, the Packers were 8th in the NFL in sacks last year. The problem was getting consistent pressure. Partly as a result of that, although they were 8th in sacks, they were 30th in INT's. If Gary can help them get more consistent pressure, the defense will be much better. I'm not really defending picking him 12th. I think they should have traded down. But I could see him being more productive in Pettine's defense than he was at Michigan.

Fritz
04-26-2019, 10:02 AM
Well,I do hope you're right. I'm hoping that, in a couple years, I have to eat crow because Gary became the engine that made the defense go.

I'd be happy to be wrong about this.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:14 AM
Packers would have a strange training table with this guy.

Would rule out a game in the UK. Pretty sure they frown on that.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:22 AM
What makes this hard to believe? Winovich is the guy who actually plays with his hair on fire. I'm not saying he's the next Clay Matthews; I'm suggesting that even if he's only okay, or pretty good, he'll be better in the NFL than Gary.

I really, really, dislike that Gary pick. I'd have been fine with an offensive tackle, with Burns, with Sweat, maybe even, with someone else. But I watched Gary come into the U of M program with the biggest hype surrounding a high school athlete since Antoine "The Judge" Joubert, who came out of Detroit as the most hightly recruited high school basketball player of all time (at that time). Well, once Joubert started playing at Michigan, we nicknamed him "The Sludge" because he was slow - he was okay in college, but not what the hype led you to believe. The dude had a career playing basketball after that in . . . Europe.

That's how I see Rashan Gary. All show, no go.

There is the Brooks Reed/late stage Clay Matthews effect you see from time to time. Excellent motor but no more power (or perhaps unwillingness to give up the body). Possible that in the pros Mr. Motor (doesn't have to be limited to Winovich) isn't all that effective while looking like a whirling dervish.

They do a lot of running around and chase down a fair amount of plays, but they don't actually help you dominate at the point of attack. That is a bit unfair to Matthews who has learned to play the run much better as he got older (and no longer had to worry about Kaepernick)

wist43
04-26-2019, 10:23 AM

Hear, hear!!!!

After drafting The Bust at 12... not much point in picking anyone else.

This draft is shot :sad:

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:29 AM
In Oakland, they kick the scouts out.

With wist as scout, he leaves the building in a huff if he doesn't agree with the GM's pick :lol:

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 10:31 AM
Some guys I think fit what the Packers are trying to do

Eric McCoy G/C fits zone. Reliable. Good
Julian Love CB smart. Athletic enough. Makes plays
Cody Barton ILB plus pass defense. Solid run d. Good fit for Martinez
Drue Tranquill ILB same as Barton
Juan Thornhill FS similar to Savage but not as smart
JJ Arcega Whiteside WR Savvy, solid
Dawson Knox TE - plus blocker. Plus athlete. Underutilized
Nate Davis OG - excellent second level blocker. Good zone fit
Jarrett Stidham QB Late round - Gritty, tough, good enough arm
Easton stick QB Late round - gamer
Damien Harris RB 3rd or later - good vision and long speed. Ryan Grant zon type
David Montgomery 3rd or later - zone runner
Ryquel armsted 3rd or later - zone runner
Khleb Saunders - 3rd or later sleeper DT
John Commonsky DE - later round - high upside DL
Anthony Nelson DE - still growing into 6’7” body. High upside

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:43 AM
Hear, hear!!!!

After drafting The Bust at 12... not much point in picking anyone else.

This draft is shot :sad:

Wist be watching the draft:

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fb9ebf bf0e8060ab57071dea8e537b05c%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3 D5922988&f=1

theeaterofshades
04-26-2019, 10:44 AM
First things first:

Pack will likely move back in 2nd or 3rd and re-acquire a 4th.

My Wants for 2nd and 3rd Rnd:

1) ROT
2) ILB
3) Slot Receiver
4) TE (I do think we could get by for another year with Graham as TE was not a particularly strong draft group this year for Blocking/Catching outside of Hock)
5) C/G gives some flexibility for Injuries

Rounds 4-7
1) What ever falls from above player wise/not picked
2) 3rd Down Back/Scatback
3) CB/S Utility guy (Micah Hyde type)
4) David Sills (Good Receiver with QB background)
5) QB Easton Stick or Gardner Minchew We need a solid back up

George Cumby
04-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Rand, that's not right.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:49 AM
Rand, that's not right.

My father would slap that kid in the head for pointing a gun near his head.

Not sure what he'd do about possible self harm tendency.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:51 AM
My father would slap that kid in the head for pointing a gun near his head.

Not sure what he'd do about possible self harm tendency.

Your toe is never supposed to be on the trigger until you're ready to fire

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:51 AM
Rand, that's not right.

I'm ashamed

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2019, 11:26 AM
Gary has as much chance at being an All-Pro as any other guy, probably even a Betty chance do his freakish athleticism

Upnorth
04-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Gary has as much chance at being an All-Pro as any other guy, probably even a Betty chance do his freakish athleticism

I placed you as more of a Veronica guy than Betty.

bobblehead
04-26-2019, 11:40 AM
Guys that are still available after round on. This is a pretty crazy list as some of these guys were considered top 10 selection just hours before the draft. I haven't seen guys drop like this in a while.

1. DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss - Went into the draft as the top rated receiver in just about every internet publication out there including NFL.com. Teams simply don't trust his injury history, lack of production, and his slow 3 cone drill at the combine.

2. Jawan Taylor OT Florida - His name kept popping up everywhere as the guy who was the top tackle in the draft. I didn't buy into that hype but I still had him rated as first round pick. Maybe concerns about his eating habbits.

3. Greedy Williams CB LSU - I had him rated as the number one corner, and although only one corner was drafted in the first round I was a bit surprised to still see his name remaining after the end of the first round. NFL teams want the corners to tackle, and he doesn't want to.

4. Cody Ford OL Oklahoma - several interior offensive linemen went a head of him and although I had Bradbury and Linstrom rated higher I thought the fact that he could bump out to tackle would make a him a mid 1st round selection

5. Drew Lock QB Missouri - This one doesn't surprise me because of how careless he was with the football in college, and how poorly he handled pressure.

6. Parris Cambpell WR Ohio St - I think there is a negative bias against Ohio St. receivers in the NFL. Myers passing game doesn't mesh well with the NFL.

7. Byron Murphy CB Washington - 2nd rated corner on my board, his biggest question mark was deep speed and I guess teams didn't want the first round risk.

8. AJ Brown WR Ole' Miss - I like Brown, I think he could be a difference maker right away, maybe catch 50 balls as a rookie.

9. Erik McCoy C/G Texas A&M - I think you are splitting hairs with him and Lindstrom, and Bradbury. He would be a great addition in the second round.

11. Irv Smith Jr TE Alabama - Not shocked that he is still available as he had a second round grade.

12. Julian Love CB Notre Dame - He doesn't have the deep speed scouts are looking for in the first round. That is why I am surprised that Baker was drafted already.

I love packerrats. First Fritz nailed all my concerns and annoyances with day one perfectly, now you nail down what I see coming into today. Risner would be a gift. Ford or McCoy would make me happy. I do prefer to go OL at 44 now, how things have played out. I really am not high on ANY CBs in this draft. If any of the WR you listed, or even Irv Smith were there at 44 I could be content with that too, but not if one of the OL you listed is still available.

Fritz
04-26-2019, 11:42 AM
I love packerrats. First Fritz nailed all my concerns and annoyances with day one perfectly, now you nail down what I see coming into today. Risner would be a gift. Ford or McCoy would make me happy. I do prefer to go OL at 44 now, how things have played out. I really am not high on ANY CBs in this draft. If any of the WR you listed, or even Irv Smith were there at 44 I could be content with that too, but not if one of the OL you listed is still available.

Agreed on today. The offensive line group seems the most talented of the position groups; this may be the chance to get your future starting right tackle. But I'd be good if Irv Smith were there at 44.

Joemailman
04-26-2019, 12:20 PM
I was on board with trading the 2 4th round picks to move up and get Savage. But I'd like to have them now to make a move for another 3rd round pick. Lot of good players in the top 90.

wist43
04-26-2019, 12:47 PM
Wist be watching the draft:

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fb9ebf bf0e8060ab57071dea8e537b05c%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3 D5922988&f=1

Lol:bang:

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2019, 12:57 PM
I would love it if they can land a quality OT here. In Gooter we trust - take the BPA (hopefully it's a tackle LOL!).

My opinion: Gooter is cut from Ted's cloth in that he believes he can land a quality OL in round 4 by picking an extremely quick footed college left tackle. Hopefully he can.

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2019, 01:25 PM
Would you trade a #3 for Rosen? I would in a second.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Would you trade a #3 for Rosen? I would in a second.

If you believe he is a starter, yes.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Right now if the Packers draft a QB it would be to groom them as a backup. They just signed Rodgers to an extension they are not looking for his replacement.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 01:45 PM
Not this year:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Multiple sources say the Dolphins are close to a deal for QB Josh Rosen, and that a deal may actually be tentatively done. Arizona would get pick No. 48 from Miami.

That is turning value into waste.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 02:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5GVaJ6WkAAe0WY.jpg

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2019, 02:27 PM
Not this year:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Multiple sources say the Dolphins are close to a deal for QB Josh Rosen, and that a deal may actually be tentatively done. Arizona would get pick No. 48 from Miami.

That is turning value into waste.

No kidding! They effectively never gave him a shot and traded #7 for a next year's #48. It wouldn't surprise me if Rosen is the better, more available player long term.

SudsMcBucky
04-26-2019, 03:11 PM
I would love it if they can land a quality OT here. In Gooter we trust - take the BPA (hopefully it's a tackle LOL!).

My opinion: Gooter is cut from Ted's cloth in that he believes he can land a quality OL in round 4 by picking an extremely quick footed college left tackle. Hopefully he can.

After that awful pick at #12, how can you have faith he'll make the right call now?

pbmax
04-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Will be occupied tonight, someone else is going to have to post draft summaries for the picks if you all still want them.

Please bring me home an OL or BPA at pick 44.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 03:22 PM
MY PROJECTED STARTERS

OFFENSE (Base: 3 WR)

LT David Bakhtiari
LG Cole Madison or Lucas Patrick
OC Corey Linsley
RG Billy Turner
RT Bryan Bulaga

I think Lane Taylor stays at LG and its between Patrick and Turner for RG. Change in running offense scheme might tip this to Turner, but we'll see.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Will be occupied tonight, someone else is going to have to post draft summaries for the picks if you all still want them.

Please bring me home an OL or BPA at pick 44.

Make sure to bring her some flowers.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 03:50 PM
Make sure to bring her some flowers.

Does Black Widow like flowers?

Packers4Glory
04-26-2019, 03:51 PM
Bs. This wasn’t a Rodgers issue. Come on
the problem is, our QB is looking for the home run ball first on almost every play. he's not even looking at the other guys as they run their routes

he only comes back to them after they're done getting open

ultra conservative a-rod also passed up a lot of throws where receivers were actually open, but just not side open

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Does Black Widow like flowers?

Oh.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/productImages/9/0/00000103290-BlackandDeckerCordlessDustbusterCHV1400handvacuum-large.jpeg

bobblehead
04-26-2019, 03:56 PM

Well, barring another trade we won't be landing a quality OL in round 4. Kinda shot that plan in the foot.

gbgary
04-26-2019, 05:14 PM
i'll bet they goooo...cb (because king can't be counted on), ilb. maybe ol, rb.

Bretsky
04-26-2019, 05:40 PM
I think if Risner is there we pounce

Debo Samuel might be the pick though; nice fit for our needs

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:04 PM
I hate gooter! His ego has taken over hahahahaha

jmbarnes101
04-26-2019, 06:04 PM
NFL Network guys think the remaining top OL guys will go before we pick.

One guy I like later is WR Hurd from Baylor. He’s raw as a WR having played only one season at that position but has a potentially high ceiling.

Gotarace
04-26-2019, 06:07 PM
Let's Roll

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 06:08 PM
I hope all of our remaining picks are DB's because we haven't spent nearly enough draft capital on them over the past few years. What's it been, 5 out of our 6 top two picks over the past 3 years counting last night?

Plus the stellar Randall and Rollins back to back picks in 2015. So 7 out of 10. Hey, we're bound to get it right eventually.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:15 PM
Smbas that is depressing

wist43
04-26-2019, 06:18 PM
You guys had better be hoping somebody picks Drew Lock before our pick.... b/c if he's still there, Gutterdummy will pick him :bang:

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Heck JH...we can even throw in HaHa from 2014 so it's 8 out of 12. Man...that's insane. Not hard to figure out why there's been such a shortage of top tier talent manning other positions over the past few years.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:20 PM
You guys had better be hoping somebody picks Drew Lock before our pick.... b/c if he's still there, Gutterdummy will pick him :bang:

This is gonna be a fun day two!

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:21 PM
We won the Super Bowl with two undrafted outside corners and Woodson inside.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:22 PM
9 picks until gooter impresses us all!

wist43
04-26-2019, 06:23 PM
And for the record Gutterdummy is Gute's official name now!!!!

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:29 PM
How about GooterCunt™️

Gotarace
04-26-2019, 06:33 PM
How about GooterCunt™️

LMAO

wist43
04-26-2019, 06:36 PM
How about GooterCunt™️

dude... my kids were looking at that, now im in hot water with the wife!!!!

wist43
04-26-2019, 06:38 PM
She's 4' 11"... and trust me, she's terrifying!! :smack:

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:38 PM
Oh shit!

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:39 PM
OL going fast :(

Teamcheez1
04-26-2019, 06:41 PM
OL going fast :(

No worries, we will be picking either an OLB/ILB or safety/corner....

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 06:43 PM
I'm hoping for Risner at 44.

Upnorth
04-26-2019, 06:45 PM
I'm hoping for Risner at 44.

I think a few of us are

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2019, 06:47 PM
Risner, Greedy, Brown, or Campbell for me. Would it be crazy to take Drew Lock here?

wist43
04-26-2019, 06:48 PM
The pick is going to be Drew Lock... just b/c Gutterdummy is committed to being cute this year :cry:

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2019, 06:49 PM
Wow, three tackles and four cornerbacks taken in the first 8 picks

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:50 PM
Risner does seem like a good fit

red
04-26-2019, 06:52 PM
ts funny, the mob mentality on here

someone mentions they want risner

and now here we are a day later, and the whole board is ready to cut their left ear off if we don't select him

bobblehead
04-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Gutes is drafting a track team. Metcalf should be the pick.

jmbarnes101
04-26-2019, 06:53 PM
No!!!

SMBASS
Damn Donkeys...there goes Risner...crap.

wist43
Shit... Drew Lock is gonna be on the board.... think we might be fucked

red
begin suicide watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:54 PM
Gutes is drafting a track team. Metcalf should be the pick.

Ugh

red
04-26-2019, 06:54 PM
oh, if we hadn't won that stupid game late last year, we might have been able to draft him

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 06:55 PM
ts funny, the mob mentality on here

someone mentions they want risner

and now here we are a day later, and the whole board is ready to cut their left ear off if we don't select him

I was hoping for Risner at 30 if we would have stayed there red. I think he's going to be worth it.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:55 PM
GooterCunt™️ is gonna fuck this up. This is a high second round pick. Can cooter find a shit player like Burks!? We will find out!

Gotarace
04-26-2019, 06:56 PM
the bronco's picking back to back?

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 06:56 PM
Risner gone. I’m gonna shoot myself

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2019, 06:58 PM
begin suicide watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://tenor.com/view/omg-onoz-shocked-panic-gif-12710343

red
04-26-2019, 06:59 PM
GooterCunt™️ is gonna fuck this up. This is a high second round pick. Can cooter find a shit player like Burks!? We will find out!

whos the most over hyper injury prone player left?

seems like metcalf will be the pick

SMBASS
Donkeys take away and then they giveth. Glad Lock is gone so Guter isn't tempted.

Packers4Glory
Please metcalf. Please

No smith jr. Metcalf

Gotarace
bronco's just busted GooterCunt's balls with both those picks

Upnorth
Stupid denver

HarveyWallbangers
Anybody like Irv Smith?

pittstang5
04-26-2019, 07:00 PM
Lock selected. Wist, you can step back from the ledge

Guiness
smh at this coverage - Broncos on the clock, they display pick is in, continue talking about potential picks (WHILE DISPLAYING THE PICK IS IN) then cut to commercial without announcing the pick!

Rastak
Didn't take long for you fellows to turn on TT replacement.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:01 PM
I would not be shocked if we picked Metcalf! Gooter laughs in the face of common sense! Burks is the worst football player who’s ever stepped on the field. Oh, but gooter knows better!

It’s gonna be metcalf! Gooter has a pattern

wist43
Thank God, lol... Lock is gone!!!

Bretsky
whos the most over hyper injury prone player left?

seems like metcalf will be the pick

Drafting the Tarzan’s that play like janes...lol

bobblehead
04-26-2019, 07:02 PM
Irv Smith?

red
Anybody like Irv Smith?

sure, among many

aj brown isn't bad here either

Gotarace
Way longer than I thought it would...

wist43
04-26-2019, 07:03 PM
Lock selected. Wist, you can step back from the ledge

Nah, gonna stay on the ledge... have a feeling Gute is gonna screw the pooch this entire draft

bobblehead
Lotta good safeties left.....ouch, that burns.

Guiness
top of the second round has a run on OTs, who's left for the Pack?

No RB drafted yet?

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:04 PM

It’s fun to let out some steam!

Rastak
04-26-2019, 07:04 PM
Lofton was such a good receiver....

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2019, 07:05 PM
Not surprised it's an OL. Have no idea about OL this year.

Packers4Glory
04-26-2019, 07:05 PM
I’m out. Stupid fuckn pick

red
04-26-2019, 07:06 PM
stud interior lineman

i'll take it

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:06 PM
Well, OL is good. We need to get ready to replace Bulaga and Taylor.

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2019, 07:07 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarsZE4YksHahvfG/200.gif

Packers4Glory
Great. We have 1 guy to throw to. Super

Teamcheez1

We have an aging HOF QB and you complain about an OL pick?

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:09 PM
Maybe Madison and Elgton will come in and make us feel prepared to lose our two 30 yo lineman next year

red

we drafted 3 guys last year, and allison is not as bad as a lot of people think. plus theres still 5 or 6 picks left

Packers4Glory
We have an aging HOF QB and you complain about an OL pick?
Not here. No. Not w the horrific state of our WR corps. Rodgers has exactly one weapon to throw to. One.

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 07:10 PM
Don't know anything about Jenkins but I like the interior line help. I would have been fine with A.J. Brown too.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:10 PM
Not here. No. Not w the horrific state of our WR corps. Rodgers has exactly one weapon to throw to. One.

Jimmy Graham was battling injuries. He’ll be better this year

Rastak
04-26-2019, 07:12 PM

He hasn't been that great in a while....that could be true but more likely optimistic.....which is how I try and look at things.

Strange Brew

Some so called Packer reporter claimed on one of our local sports talk shows this afternoon that the Packers don't have to focus on drafting a top receiver because they already have jake kumerow. Ha Ha Ha...you know the career practice squad guy! I kid you not!!!

Packers4Glory
we drafted 3 guys last year, and allison is not as bad as a lot of people think. plus theres still 5 or 6 picks left

I’m sure Rodgers loves those late round WR weapons. Nevermind I didn’t hear him say much positive about any of their futures being bright in this league.

Allison may be a decent 3/4 type with the right guys ahead of him

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2019, 07:13 PM
At least they were smart enough NOT to pick a WR.

Packers4Glory
04-26-2019, 07:15 PM

Jimmy Graham is that hot HS prom queen that got married had some kids snd then divorced in her mid 30’s. Still looks ok-ish but she’s stretched out & basically her best days are squarely in the distant past. Her ex got her best days

pittstang5
04-26-2019, 07:16 PM
Did jim Brown just say 2013 NFL draft

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2019, 07:19 PM
Read that the new OL had played all positions except LT. Anybody know if he has a chance to kick out to RT--after a year at OG?

smuggler
04-26-2019, 07:19 PM
Isn't Jenkins a weird fit in the zone blocking scheme? Are they going to shift gears and go power?

Guiness
04-26-2019, 07:20 PM
ESPN said they would not show any unapproved (read: did not pay us) corporate logos, and no sign of any at the house parties. I wonder how they pulled that off, creative angles or something else?

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Isn't Jenkins a weird fit in the zone blocking scheme? Are they going to shift gears and go power?

ESPN's scouting report said he's athletic, is a good pass blocker, and a good fit for a zone scheme as a run blocker.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Jimmy Graham is that hot HS prom queen that got married had some kids snd then divorced in her mid 30’s. Still looks ok-ish but she’s stretched out & basically her best days are squarely in the distant past. Her ex got her best days

This is really deep. Balls deep.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:23 PM

Cooter pulling a ted and just drafting random players that don’t fit

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:29 PM
Cooter is scouring his notes in search of a worse player than Oren Burks. He wants to prove that you can make a stupider pick than last years 3rd round retard.

Rastak
04-26-2019, 07:30 PM
Vikings taking Adderley wouldn't be the worst thing.

Dre Mont Jones might be good too.

Teamcheez1
04-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Cooter is scouring his notes in search of a worse player than Oren Burks. He wants to prove that you can make a stupider pick than last years 3rd round retard.

Are you saying Elgton Jenkins is a bad pick?

George Cumby
04-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Anyone think Ted could do better?

red
04-26-2019, 07:36 PM
Anyone think Ted could do better?

ted from 10 years ago, or current insane ted?

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:38 PM
Are you saying Elgton Jenkins is a bad pick?

That seems ok. McGinns scouts said dude was a player. Late 1st/2nd round kinda player. But our third round pick is coming soon and GooterCunt™️ needs to outdo himself.

Strange Brew
04-26-2019, 07:41 PM
Besides his Google search mugshot profile picture Jenkins seems to be a good pick while filling a need.

Rastak
04-26-2019, 07:46 PM
This place is as dead as a mortuary....

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 07:47 PM
Thursday & Friday night draft sucks.

Rastak
04-26-2019, 07:48 PM
Thursday & Friday night draft sucks.

I always found day two, in effect 2&3 interesting.....

Patler
04-26-2019, 07:49 PM
"Has experience at center, left guard and both tackle spots"

So, guess where the Packers biggest need is? Yup, right guard.:-)

Guiness
04-26-2019, 07:49 PM
is that the first RB to go?

red
04-26-2019, 07:53 PM

lol

George Cumby
04-26-2019, 07:55 PM

Either/or......

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2019, 07:57 PM
Kinda feel for Metcalf. All that self promotion for nothing.

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 07:58 PM
I always found day two, in effect 2&3 interesting.....

I did too Ras. I just liked the amount of activity jammed into the 2 days especially with trades taking place fast and furious. This 3 day format is boring and drags on forever. The spectacle it's become is somewhere between silly and incredibly fn' stupid. Just make the damn picks and get on with it. This isn't rocket surgery.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 07:59 PM
I like Anthony Nelson from Iowa. He’s 6’7”, very athletic. Will put on 10-20 more pounds. Quality college player with upside to get better as he fills out the rest of the way.

Rastak
04-26-2019, 08:05 PM
I did too Ras. I just liked the amount of activity jammed into the 2 days especially with trades taking place fast and furious. This 3 day format is boring and drags on forever. The spectacle it's become is somewhere between silly and incredibly fn' stupid. Just make the damn picks and get on with it. This isn't rocket surgery.

I'm with you there....takes forever and the coverage has sucked for many years. Having picks stack up sucks and it happens more every year. In the last day it's the worst. They can have the entire rounds draft happen and they will be 5 picks behind.....*sigh*

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2019, 08:09 PM

Turner at RG is less of a need than Taylor at LG IMHO.

red
04-26-2019, 08:09 PM

that 3rd day is just painful, by that time i can't take anymore drafting

Rastak
04-26-2019, 08:13 PM

I used to eat it up but I probably won't even watch it.

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 08:14 PM

I'm with you there red. I know I won't be watching at all tomorrow. Wait until it's over and then just read the Cliff's Notes to find out what happened.

Iron Mike
04-26-2019, 08:15 PM
Sacks allowed by season for #Packers newest selection of Elgton Jenkins from Miss. State:

2018 (1, Alabama)
2017 (0)
2016 (1, South Alabama)
2015 (1, Ole Miss)

3 sacks allowed over 4 years. :)

Patler
04-26-2019, 08:20 PM
Turner at RG is less of a need than Taylor at LG IMHO.

I'm not sold on Turner at all. Can't for the life of me figure out why they threw so much money at him. Has never been the intended starter going into any of his five NFL seasons, and the years following the two seasons during which he did have appreciable playing time the Dolphins and Broncos didn't show much faith in him.

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 08:21 PM
Sacks allowed by season for #Packers newest selection of Elgton Jenkins from Miss. State:

2018 (1, Alabama)
2017 (0)
2016 (1, South Alabama)
2015 (1, Ole Miss)

OL who block well tend to be pan out

red
04-26-2019, 08:27 PM
Hakeem Butler wr from iowa state might be a nice fit

6'5 227 and runs a sub 4.5

red
04-26-2019, 08:27 PM
OL who block well tend to be pan out

hes gonna be a starter somewhere on our line for years to come

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Hakeem Butler wr from iowa state might be a nice fit

6'5 227 and runs a sub 4.5

Funny you say that red. I was just double checking the picks to see if he'd been selected while I wasn't watching. I'd actually like to have Butler in the WR stable. He's a big play machine with his speed, size, and strength to break tackles.

red
04-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Funny you say that red. I was just double checking the picks to see if he'd been selected while I wasn't watching. I'd actually like to have Butler in the WR stable. He's a big play machine with his speed, size, and strength to break tackles.

i wouldn't mind him or metcalf at this point

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 08:30 PM
I remember when they drafted Sitton, TT said in his long drawn out way that sitton always blocked his guy. I thought that was high praise. Hopefully this is another guy who always blocks his guy.

Strange Brew
04-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Damn Seahags!!

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2019, 08:47 PM
All of the top second day ILBs are still there. We need to get one of them in the 3rd. Forget all this WR talk.

jmbarnes101
04-26-2019, 08:48 PM
Jalen Hurd to Shanahan. He’s got himself a potential weapon and one I would have liked to see in Green Bay.

Guiness
04-26-2019, 08:48 PM
And Rosen is a Dolphin.

Cards get the 30th pick of the second round (originally the Saint pick) and a 2020 5th round. Seems they should've gotten more, did that much shine come off the guy after one year?

red
04-26-2019, 08:50 PM
remember way back a few weeks ago when people wanted us to take polite at #12?

red
04-26-2019, 08:51 PM
And Rosen is a Dolphin.

Cards get the 30th pick of the second round (originally the Saint pick) and a 2020 5th round. Seems they should've gotten more, did that much shine come off the guy after one year?

that is by far the biggest steal of this draft

don't forget, the cards gave up a lot to get him last year

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2019, 08:52 PM

That's very Polite of you to remind us of that.

SMBASS
04-26-2019, 08:57 PM

Polite had fallen so far off of the radar I completely forgot about him until about an hour ago. Hero to zero is 60 seconds flat. I thought he would fall even further with his shitty attitude but it's the J-E-T-S so I shouldn't be surprised.

wist43
04-26-2019, 08:57 PM
That was before the combine... biggest stock drop I've ever seen.

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2019, 08:58 PM
Polite is going to be a very good player I bet. He's a very good pass rusher, at least in college. The tape doesn't lie - he was very successful against great SEC tackles or as I like to call them, future NFL starting left tackles. That translates.

I wonder if he's a bad guy, or just dumb/lazy? I can handle dumb, but I struggle with lazy and I won't entertain bad guy at all. If he's just country dumb, that's workable in my book.

wist43
04-26-2019, 08:59 PM
What about David Long, WVU in the 3rd??

Doesn't fit Gutterdummy's body type template

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2019, 09:00 PM
I'm not sold on Turner at all. Can't for the life of me figure out why they threw so much money at him. Has never been the intended starter going into any of his five NFL seasons, and the years following the two seasons during which he did have appreciable playing time the Dolphins and Broncos didn't show much faith in him.

I've had the same thoughts. I've gotta wonder, who was making an offer that compelled them to pay him so much? I believe they overpaid significantly based on the dude's on-paper track record. I hope I'm wrong.

red
04-26-2019, 09:08 PM
theres your TE

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2019, 09:08 PM
Is this nerd the team manager or what, lol!

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/kansan.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/bd/5bda2fea-1bbf-11e7-bc05-7bfd1a466918/58e7d96329962.image.jpg?resize=400%2C333p

RashanGary
04-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Sternberger has a chance. Not fast but his 4.75 looks better than dick rods 4.87. Good pass catcher. Has a chance.

red
says hes a TE that can play a big slot WR when needed

Badgerinmaine
Looks like a couple places were hoping to pick up Sternberger.
https://kckingdom.com/2019/04/26/kansas-city-chiefs-jace-sternberger-a-popular-name-for-chiefs-fans/
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/25/dallas-cowboys-jace-sternberger-30-visit-scouting-report-prospect-profile/

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2019, 09:28 PM
These day 2 picks do not excite me. I don't object to the positions they're looking at, but why did they draft a center/guard? You draft tackles and coach 'em up so they have the quick feet. The TE just seems too slow.

smuggler
04-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Am I missing something? I feel like the Iowa State WR, Butler, has a pretty good chance to be a Plax Burress type and maybe a modern James Lofton type guy. I feel like no one is appreciating these WRs correctly.

Guiness
04-26-2019, 09:40 PM
Kampman looked good announcing the pick, looks like he's at a healthy weight and taking care of himself. Nice to see, classy guy.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 09:51 PM
Oh.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/productImages/9/0/00000103290-BlackandDeckerCordlessDustbusterCHV1400handvacuum-large.jpeg

Dammit, I lost Black Widow when I emptied the bag!

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:12 PM

2018 (1, Alabama)
2017 (0)
2016 (1, South Alabama)
2015 (1, Ole Miss)

that's 1.5 more sacks than Gary got in 2019

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:14 PM
Dammit, I lost Black Widow when I emptied the bag!

Just sweep up the dust and use the Super Molecular Dust Separator!

http://www.fempop.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Screen-Shot-2012-06-11-at-9.11.05-PM-624x390.png

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:15 PM
Just sweep up the dust and use the Super Molecular Dust Separator!

http://www.fempop.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Screen-Shot-2012-06-11-at-9.11.05-PM-624x390.png

He's always one step ahead. That lab coat inside the cape is killing me.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:21 PM

2018 (1, Alabama)
2017 (0)
2016 (1, South Alabama)
2015 (1, Ole Miss)

He looks like he can stand anyone up in pass pro. In the run game, he's a mauler. I don't see him having good enough feet to really pull but should be fine getting to second level when covered in outside zone. Would only play Tackle in an emergency.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:22 PM
He's always one step ahead. That lab coat inside the cape is killing me.

I always wear my cape on the inside of my lab coat.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:24 PM
He's always one step ahead.

No kidding, right? Every episode, Batman always had exactly what he needed for the present emergency right there in his utility belt.

woodbuck27
04-26-2019, 10:26 PM
stud interior lineman

i'll take it

This pick makes sense position wise
Gute has to protect Aaron Rodgers right side.

woodbuck27
04-26-2019, 10:31 PM

GUTE believes his second year WR's will develop along with an improved Aaron Rodgers attitude and maybe not acting so anal.

Ò

woodbuck27
04-26-2019, 10:35 PM
Is this nerd the team manager or what, lol!

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/kansan.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/bd/5bda2fea-1bbf-11e7-bc05-7bfd1a466918/58e7d96329962.image.jpg?resize=400%2C333p

He looks like the State Badmington Champion.

woodbuck27
04-26-2019, 10:37 PM

He has to be better.

woodbuck27
04-26-2019, 10:43 PM

Oh dear.

Smidgeon
04-26-2019, 10:51 PM
Prospects I have seen in at least one mock draft in the first round that are still available in the fourth:

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - S
Mack Wilson - ILB
Hakeem Butler -WR

And we still don't have a 4th anymore, right?

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:56 PM
He has to be better.

did he get a new knee?

gbgary
04-26-2019, 11:32 PM
so...after two days:

gary: cautiously optimistic but shoulder is a concern.
savage: starter! speedy. versatile.
jenkins: good depth, may push to start, probably the #1 back at every o-line position. versatile (there's that word again).
sternberger: seems quick with good hands. 4 TE's?

Bretsky
04-27-2019, 05:41 AM
Prospects I have seen in at least one mock draft in the first round that are still available in the fourth:

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - S
Mack Wilson - ILB
Hakeem Butler -WR

And we still don't have a 4th anymore, right?

Would love Mack Wilson in GB.

Fritz
04-27-2019, 07:20 AM
Those available prospects all look cool, but of course the Packers have no fourth round pick at all, so say bye-bye to them.

I'm puzzled by Gutekunst in this draft. To me, Gary is a completely wasted pick. He's the next Justin Harrell. Savage I like, though he'd better pay dividends and quickly, as the Packers gave up a great deal to get him. Maybe the Packers had intel that someone wanted him in the mid-20's, but man, two fourth rounders plus #30? Is he really that much better than Thornhill or Gardner-Thompson? Jenkins looks like a solid pick, so maybe he was just BPA, but with Irv Smith sitting right there, you wonder if he'll be a better TE than Jenkins will a C/G. Stearnberger - I thought the guy was faster than he is. And clearly he's not a blocker, so I'm wondering how much he can stretch a defense.

I mean, I'm okay with all the picks except for Gary, and for the price paid to get Savage, as that's going to cost the team in terms of accruing sheer talent. But as always, we just wait and see. I think I'd like it all better but the Gary pick has really, really soured me. This is a guy who was the #1 recruit in the whole nation coming out of high school, and so when he came in as a freshman, fans were waiting for this disruptive, game-changing mauler. He was not. So in the offseason, we heard all this "well, he was only a freshman. Had to learn the college game. He'll grow physically, too, he's young." So people were ready for this huge breakout year his sophomore year, but once again, it was "meh." Thus by the time we got to his junior year, fans were like, "oh, is he still around?" And he didn't disappoint. He was once again the epitome of mediocrity.

What makes the Packers think he'll be any different now is a question I would love to ask them. Harbaugh and his defensive coaches developed Devin Bush and Chase Winovich (who went to the Patriots, all you doubters who said I was crazy to say he'll be better than Gary), and David Long at corner. But Gary never got better. Ever. He was, and remains, "meh." So what makes the Packers think they can somehow get him to use all that athleticism to become a supreme football player?

Strange Brew
04-27-2019, 08:00 AM
Some way some how we need to pick up a 4th today and get Butler!

Bretsky
04-27-2019, 08:04 AM
Those available prospects all look cool, but of course the Packers have no fourth round pick at all, so say bye-bye to them.

I'm puzzled by Gutekunst in this draft. To me, Gary is a completely wasted pick. He's the next Justin Harrell. Savage I like, though he'd better pay dividends and quickly, as the Packers gave up a great deal to get him. Maybe the Packers had intel that someone wanted him in the mid-20's, but man, two fourth rounders plus #30? Is he really that much better than Thornhill or Gardner-Thompson? Jenkins looks like a solid pick, so maybe he was just BPA, but with Irv Smith sitting right there, you wonder if he'll be a better TE than Jenkins will a C/G. Stearnberger - I thought the guy was faster than he is. And clearly he's not a blocker, so I'm wondering how much he can stretch a defense.

I mean, I'm okay with all the picks except for Gary, and for the price paid to get Savage, as that's going to cost the team in terms of accruing sheer talent. But as always, we just wait and see. I think I'd like it all better but the Gary pick has really, really soured me. This is a guy who was the #1 recruit in the whole nation coming out of high school, and so when he came in as a freshman, fans were waiting for this disruptive, game-changing mauler. He was not. So in the offseason, we heard all this "well, he was only a freshman. Had to learn the college game. He'll grow physically, too, he's young." So people were ready for this huge breakout year his sophomore year, but once again, it was "meh." Thus by the time we got to his junior year, fans were like, "oh, is he still around?" And he didn't disappoint. He was once again the epitome of mediocrity.

What makes the Packers think he'll be any different now is a question I would love to ask them. Harbaugh and his defensive coaches developed Devin Bush and Chase Winovich (who went to the Patriots, all you doubters who said I was crazy to say he'll be better than Gary), and David Long at corner. But Gary never got better. Ever. He was, and remains, "meh." So what makes the Packers think they can somehow get him to use all that athleticism to become a supreme football player?

Gooter seems like he's outsmarting himself.

The Packers are not one player away

We have shitload of needs.

I love Savage, but I'd take a lesser safety and then use my fourths for ILB/WR/OL....heck anything.

These fourths have lots of Value

And I'l take Winovich, who I HATED as a Badger Fan. Gary was a whatever

woodbuck27
04-27-2019, 08:22 AM
did he get a new knee?

Things change...
The Packers drafted PFF'S TOP Receiving TE PROSPECT Jace Sternberger who the existing TE's will Teach/ Mentor.

Are we stuck with Jimmy Graham?

pbmax
04-27-2019, 08:35 AM
Things change...
The Packers drafted PFF'S TOP Receiving TE PROSPECT Jace Sternberger who the existing TE's will Teach/ Mentor.

Are we stuck with Jimmy Graham?

Paying him a lot of money right now. And I think part of the $9 mil was a bonus.

So, yes.

SMBASS
04-27-2019, 08:44 AM
Collectively I'm a little underwhelmed by our picks but we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully all of these guys pan out and end up contributing. The Gary selection and trading both of our 4th RD picks took the luster off of the entire draft for me. Things didn't play out the way I was hoping beginning with that first WTF? pick.

woodbuck27
04-27-2019, 08:49 AM

FRITZ YOUR A PRIME EXAMPLE OF FANS KNOWING.

Rashan Gary at lest says he is ready and he does believe in himself. In College opposing teams certainly double and even triple teamed him using the TE. Ifyou believe that and given his athleticism will he transition to the NFL and produce?

Today we have just evidence he won't.

Will he walk the talk and finally get there?

Guty needed to use NO. 12 pick for a much more than less Starting caliber pick at NO. 12. NOT LEAVE Packer Nation pulling it's collective hair out, over the question mark's and Rashan Gary.

Today we are certainly justified I deeming him being picked at NO. 12 as SKETCHY.

The same goes with picking Free Safety Prospect Darnell Savage Jr. Guty was obviously impressed with the measurements on these Opening Round Picks. He gave up a to to pick a Safety I ranked as the 4th best but rising.

The Packers have done very well with their 4th Round picks and two gone...yikes! I think as a Poker player the raise was too high.

Fritz
04-27-2019, 08:50 AM
At that moment, before the pick, I was excited. I thought they could trade back, or take an offensive tackle who could start for the next ten years, maybe try Sweat or Burns.

Spaulding commented elsewhere that a friend of his thought that Gary might be like Frank Clark. But I think the truer comparison would be Montez Sweat. They're not great people, necessarily, but they are mean, very good pass rushers who just need their attention funneled.

mraynrand
04-27-2019, 09:39 AM
Guty needed to use NO. 12 pick for a much more than less Starting caliber pick at NO. 12. NOT LEAVE Packer Nation pulling it's collective hair out, over the question mark's and Rashan Gary.

If I understand you correctly, you are arguing that there was a sure-fire pick at #12 that would leave Packer Nation in total, rapturous agreement and excitement. Although I acknowledge this is a totally unfair straw man argument, I still can't possibly believe that it's true.

Fritz
04-27-2019, 10:39 AM
I don't know about Packer nation, but I would have been content with Christian Wilkins. He'd be the heir apparent to Mike Daniels, and would help this year.

RashanGary
04-27-2019, 10:45 AM
Chris Lindstrom would have been a sure pick.

SMBASS
04-27-2019, 10:48 AM
I'm an Iowa guy and liked Daniels a lot when he was a Hawk but man he talks a lot of shit for never really backing it up on the field. I would have been okay with drafting his future replacement.

Bretsky
04-27-2019, 11:17 AM
I don't know about Packer nation, but I would have been content with Christian Wilkins. He'd be the heir apparent to Mike Daniels, and would help this year.

I think once we got to 11 nearly all of PR wanted to trade down. I think those who didn't could have handled Brian Burns or Christian Wilkins and Dillard

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2019, 11:39 AM
Other sites are much more positive than here. That's always the case though. We'll see about Gary. I thought he'd be gone by the time GB drafted, so I didn't expect him to be available.

SMBASS
04-27-2019, 11:49 AM
I simply don't think anyone was interested enough in the 12th pick to present a trade down opportunity for GB or I believe they would have taken it. Washington let the board play out and still got Haskins at #15 who they may have wanted all along. Miami traded for Rosen which may have been their plan all along too. I still wouldn't have taken Gary but I think we were stuck with the pick. I always felt that pick #12 was going to leave us in a weird place this year.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Who are the top RBs and CBs available for your scheme? I think we need a CB and RB yet. Other than that, the only interest I have is seeing if Easton Stick of NDSU gets drafted.

pbmax
04-27-2019, 12:07 PM
I simply don't think anyone was interested enough in the 12th pick to present a trade down opportunity for GB or I believe they would have taken it. Washington let the board play out and still got Haskins at #15 who they may have wanted all along. Miami traded for Rosen which may have been their plan all along too. I still wouldn't have taken Gary but I think we were stuck with the pick. I always felt that pick #12 was going to leave us in a weird place this year.

Agree. The best scenarios for the Pack were for offensive guys to climb but only Hockenson did. While some though 3-4 QBs might go early in a huge run, only 2 went and one of them was often rated third or fourth at the position.

So lots of teams in the teens were probably happy with the board falling as it did. If you wanted a pass rusher, Clellin went early but two other guys were still there. And as you said, perennial team willing be stupid Washington just had to sit tight to get their preferred pick.

SMBASS
04-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Too bad we won that meaningless game with the Jets at the end of the year pb. Losing would have left with us with a lot more options at the top of the 1st Round.

pbmax
04-27-2019, 12:14 PM
Too bad we won that meaningless game with the Jets at the end of the year pb. Losing would have left with us with a lot more options at the top of the 1st Round.

Yeah. I get not wanting the current players to tank, but Rodgers was easily banged up enough to excuse him for the last few games.

Normally would be against planning to tank unless doing a rebuild. But this was an easy call. Rodgers was getting pummeled.

Bretsky
04-27-2019, 12:17 PM

ESOXX had the best thoughtful post a few days ago.

If Marcia had did his job and taken control of the Rodgers situation and sat his ass we'd have lost one more game and had the choice of Hockenson, Bush,and Oliver

SMBASS
04-27-2019, 12:18 PM
I have a hard time with the idea of, "tanking" or not making every effort to win a game too but given the circumstances it would have been justified to shut Rodgers down. The team was out of the playoffs and in chaos with a lame duck coach at the end of the year anyway so it didn't matter.

You're right Bretsky...Marcia should have taken control of the situation and called it a day since Stubby was already gone.

Fritz
04-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Bush or Oliver or Hockenson or Wilkins or Dillard of other offensive tackle would have been better than Gary.