PDA

View Full Version : Second Round Pick 2019, Elgton Jenkins OL

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:11 PM
ESPN Demovsky: http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/47081/green-bay-packers-2019-draft-analysis-for-every-pick

My take: It was a given that the Packers were going to take an offensive lineman early in the draft but after a run on tackles early in the second round -- four in the first seven picks -- the Packers opted for versatility up front. One of Green Bay's college scouts, Charles Walls, said the Packers picked Jenkins to play guard even though he started 26 games at center and last played guard in 2016 as a sophomore. He was rated as Todd McShay's No. 3 center in the draft, but the Packers have Corey Linsley as a mainstay there. They have an opening at right guard, but they signed Billy Turner ($9 million signing bonus) in free agency and they also got back last year's fifth-round pick, G Cole Madison, who sat out his entire rookie year for personal mental health reasons. It's clear the Packers want to create competition and depth on the line. They also have some familiarity with Jenkins on their staff with quarterbacks coach Luke Getsy, who was Mississippi State's offensive coordinator last season. "Luke was fired up about him," Walls said.

mraynrand
04-26-2019, 10:26 PM
from the other thread:

"He looks like he can stand anyone up in pass pro. In the run game, he's a mauler. I don't see him having good enough feet to really pull but should be fine getting to second level when covered in outside zone. Would only play Tackle in an emergency."

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:33 PM
NFL.com
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/elgton-jenkins?id=32194a45-4e11-7507-3601-9c3adcefa1c1

ELGTON JENKINS, MISSISSIPPI STATE, C

6' 4", 310 lbs

COLLEGE Mississippi State
CLASS r-Senior
HOMETOWN Clarksdale, MS

HEIGHT 6' 4"
WEIGHT 310 lbs
ARMS 34”
HANDS 10 1/4”

Overview
Efficient if unexciting prospect with the size, power and length at center to match with a variety of interior challengers across from him. Jenkins has the core strength to handle down and base blocking duties, but he could leave offensive line coaches wanting more if asked to handle challenging blocks in space. His tape against the best SEC's best teams over his last two seasons indicates an ability to become an effective, early NFL starter.

Strengths
Good snap to step quickness
Broad through back with thick lowers and good overall play strength
Operates with good body control and stays within himself
Widens frame to help wall off and seal the A-gap on interior run plays
Creates leverage with adequate pad level of efficient hands
Uses proper hand placement and leg drive to dislodge targets on down blocks
Vice-grip strength in hands to cinch and pull defenders close
Reads MIKE linebacker on combo blocks and adjusts tempo for secure block according to his movements
Has experience at center, left guard and both tackle spots
Drops sturdy anchor when he feels initial bull-rush coming on
Recovery talent is good enough

Weaknesses
More stalemate blocker than drive blocker when locked up head-to-head
Gives away early engagement advantages due to stalling feet
Plays with a little lean in initial pass sets, making him susceptible to arm-overs
Several missed snap counts that caused penalties and fumbles in Alabama game
Very average lateral quickness and athleticism in space
Struggles with second-level adjustments
Scheme required less movement than he's likely to see in the NFL.

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:35 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/round/2

Miss St, C, Elgton Jenkins

6'5"
310 lbs
Mississippi State
3 POS RK
51 OVR RK
83 GRADE

Pre-Draft Analysis
Jenkins is a taller center with good size and length for the position. He's a natural knee-bender and outstanding pass-blocker with decent foot speed. He's an athletic run-blocker with good range. He isn't overpowering but is strong enough to sustain blocks.

Post-Draft Analysis
When Mississippi State ran inside the tackles last season, it averaged a whopping 5.99 yards per rush, and Jenkins was a big reason why. He won't be catching passes, but he offers Green Bay either insurance or an immediate starter at center or guard depending on how things shake out in camp. He's also a very good pass-blocker. -- Chris Sprow

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:39 PM
Gonna need to pick him out of there on your own. Center #74 Elgton Jenkins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsOT9OhqWwA

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9UZXnCzeoY

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0G8lXDajXU

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmE9CtEl6EQ

pbmax
04-26-2019, 10:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLR4xYs31D4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAq19JcrvR8

Joemailman
04-26-2019, 10:43 PM
Elgton Jenkins
Center
SCHOOL: MISSISSIPPI STATE | CONFERENCE: SEC
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-4.5 / 310 | 40: 5.18 | DRAFT YR:2019
Rankings
GRADE
PROJECTED ROUND
2nd
Pos:
Full-time starter the past two seasons who earned multiple All-America honors as a senior. Tough, slug-it-out blocker who can be used at center or guard. Fires off the snap, quickly gets into blocks and shows strength at the point. Dominant force in the middle of the line who drives defenders from the action and opens up running lanes. Starts with good knee bend and pad level and effectively executes the shotgun snap. Very effective with his hands and keeps his feet moving. Works well with linemates and effectively quarterbacks the offensive line. Nasty and fights to finish blocks.

Neg:
Stiff and struggles to adjust. Often beaten off the snap by opponents.

Analysis:

Jenkins was a terrific college center with a developing game who comes with a high upside. He possesses an NFL build and growth potential and could be a long-time starter if properly developed.

George Cumby
04-26-2019, 11:27 PM
from the other thread:

"He looks like he can stand anyone up in pass pro. In the run game, he's a mauler. I don't see him having good enough feet to really pull but should be fine getting to second level when covered in outside zone. Would only play Tackle in an emergency."

A mauler with a nasty attitude would be good.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2019, 12:06 AM
A fucking center?

Todd was the mother of incompetence but at least he wasn’t afraid of - and excelled at - drafting WRs in the 2nd.

German Shepherd had his choice between Metcalf, AJ Brown and Isabella, he took a fucking center!!! A fucking center! Fuck!!!!! I am pissed beyond fuck.

Orangutans are smarter than Brian Gutekunst.

RashanGary
04-27-2019, 01:46 AM
I really like this pick. Listening to gutey, he really likes this guys chances, as you should if you’re taking an interior lineman in the second round. I think this guy can play early too. He’s strong enough already against the Jeffrey Simmons and Quinnen Williams and Dexter Lawrence’s. He can come in right now and play. I expect him to be the first guy off the bench when Bulaga goes down though. Turner would slide out and this guy will come in.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2019, 04:25 AM
I really like this pick. Listening to gutey, he really likes this guys chances, as you should if you’re taking an interior lineman in the second round. I think this guy can play early too. He’s strong enough already against the Jeffrey Simmons and Quinnen Williams and Dexter Lawrence’s. He can come in right now and play. I expect him to be the first guy off the bench when Bulaga goes down though. Turner would slide out and this guy will come in.

I realize that you see virtues in every Packer pick. German Shepherd could draft a domestic abuser, a rapist or a gun-loving ruffian, and you’d still be jolly.

But a fucking center in the 2nd? Might as well just pick a fucking punter!

Gute’s stupidity has made Russell Wilson and his punk Seagulls even better. For a moment, I thought Schneider was tanking the Gulls’ season so he could have an excuse to fire Caroll and hire McCarthy. Then the Gulls drafted DK Metcalf.

pbmax
04-27-2019, 08:17 AM
I realize that you see virtues in every Packer pick. German Shepherd could draft a domestic abuser, a rapist or a gun-loving ruffian, and you’d still be jolly.

But a fucking center in the 2nd? Might as well just pick a fucking punter!

Gute’s stupidity has made Russell Wilson and his punk Seagulls even better. For a moment, I thought Schneider was tanking the Gulls’ season so he could have an excuse to fire Caroll and hire McCarthy. Then the Gulls drafted DK Metcalf.

If he plays at Guard, do you like this better?

Fritz
04-27-2019, 08:20 AM
He won't. They didn't take AJ Steroidcalf, so it wouldn't have mattered who the Packers picked.

Tony Oday
04-27-2019, 08:50 AM
Tank is a moron, don't feed the troll.

mraynrand
04-27-2019, 09:06 AM

Kareem Hunt? Johnny Jolly?

mraynrand
04-27-2019, 09:09 AM
II expect him to be the first guy off the bench when Bulaga goes down though. Turner would slide out and this guy will come in.

because you absolutely know it's gonna happen.

Jenkins is strong enough to start right away. Just depends on his head being in the game.

I just don't know what the Packers have planned for when Bulaga is lost for the season (probably by week 4) and then for the (at least) 3-4 games Bacteria will be out.

mraynrand
04-27-2019, 09:10 AM
He won't. They didn't take AJ Steroidcalf, so it wouldn't have mattered who the Packers picked.

Maybe they can trade back in to the fourth and pick Charles Nelson Riley.

Fritz
04-27-2019, 09:21 AM
because you absolutely know it's gonna happen.

Jenkins is strong enough to start right away. Just depends on his head being in the game.

I just don't know what the Packers have planned for when Bulaga is lost for the season (probably by week 4) and then for the (at least) 3-4 games Bacteria will be out.

Jason Spriggs is going to turn out to be born to play in this zone-blocking scheme, and he will take over without a hiccup for Bulaga.

So goes my fantasy, which also involves watching Spriggs easily blocking opponents as Drew Barrymore and I watch from our bed.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2019, 12:15 PM
If he plays at Guard, do you like this better?

Nah. At best, Jenkins will be an average “swing” lineman. Plenty of said linemen are available in the 6th. Even if he turns out to be a good center, you just don’t draft a center that high. Wolf never did. Ditto, Sherman and Todd. Winters was undrafted. Wells, a 7th. Linsley, a 6th. (Flanagan and Tretter were OT in college.)

Check out Todd’s record drafting WRs in the 2nd. Shepherd shoulda taken heed and drafted DK. Rodgers doesn’t respect late rounds WRs.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2019, 12:23 PM
Kareem Hunt? Johnny Jolly?

Harrell would still be jolly and say they’re more talented than J-Mike.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Holy fuck! Just went back and reviewed this draft. Plenty of quality WRs were available when the Shepherd picked in rd 2.

In a tiny Texas town near Brokeback Mountain, Todd saw the Packers’ pick of a fucking center, and he shook his head and said out loud, “Did I not teach y’all a fucking thing?”

Yes, this post makes me look like a hypocrite, but fuck it, Todd woulda drafted Metcalf...or Isabella.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Correction: Todd would've traded down in the 2nd for an extra 4th, and then drafted Metcalf with the lower 2nd. Uncool Pack fans were like, "Fuck Jennings! Why the fuck didn't the incompetent Polar Bear just stay put and take Chad Jackson?"

Fuck! I am still pissed as fuck! :x

Fritz
04-27-2019, 02:05 PM
Couple more posts and Tank will be fawning over Ted's body of work.

mraynrand
04-28-2019, 11:13 AM

Tank trapped in Ted’s closet.

Joemailman
04-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Jason Spriggs is going to turn out to be born to play in this zone-blocking scheme, and he will take over without a hiccup for Bulaga.

So goes my fantasy, which also involves watching Spriggs easily blocking opponents as Drew Barrymore and I watch from our bed.

Any predictions on what happens when Spriggs lines up against Gary in practice?

mraynrand
04-28-2019, 12:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialW2LB1Nj0

Zool
04-28-2019, 02:11 PM

The resistible force vs the moveable object?

Joemailman
05-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Larry McCarren talks about Jenkins. https://www.packers.com/video/first-impressions-elgton-jenkins

I know the game has changed and body types have changed. But this guy looks as much like an OT as a Center. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starting LG on opening day. And I'll be interested to see if they thing he can play OT in the NFL.

pbmax
05-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Larry McCarren talks about Jenkins. https://www.packers.com/video/first-impressions-elgton-jenkins

I know the game has changed and body types have changed. But this guy looks as much like an OT as a Center. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starting LG on opening day. And I'll be interested to see if they thing he can play OT in the NFL.

Flanagan -> Tretter -> Jenkins

Is the circle of desperation.

mraynrand
05-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Flanagan -> Tretter -> Jenkins

Is the circle of desperation.

Flanagan -> Tretter -> Taylor -> Jenkins

but is that a circle? And where is Marshmallow Outhouse in that 'circle'

pbmax
05-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Flanagan -> Tretter -> Taylor -> Jenkins

but is that a circle? And where is Marshmallow Outhouse in that 'circle'

Might not be a circle but its definitely a cycle.

Outhouse is the speed bump trying to disrupt the locus of protection around the origin (QB or Neo).

Did Lane Taylor play LT at one point?

red
05-04-2019, 06:15 PM
i read and watched a thing where they were talking about how the guy is so good with his hands that he almost looks lazy

from what i saw in the short video, he seems to just engage his guy and stonewall him so the defender doesn't move off his spot

this lookes great for a center, but has anyone seen him actually on the move blocking? the video i watched says he can do it, but he just doesn't because he doesn't have to

that would be my only concern with the pick. if he can move and block the way he does, then we got a gem for the interior line

Joemailman
05-04-2019, 08:10 PM
Some say he has strong hands, but that he's often late with his hands. Seems to me that requires a change in technique that can be coached. The balance he plays with should help in pass blocking. Will he be able to handle a good bull rush? Lining up against Clark and Daniels every day in practice should answer that question.

bobblehead
05-05-2019, 12:05 AM

Couple more seasons of Gutes putting us in Cap hell and trading away draft capital and we all will.

bobblehead
05-05-2019, 12:07 AM
i read and watched a thing where they were talking about how the guy is so good with his hands that he almost looks lazy

from what i saw in the short video, he seems to just engage his guy and stonewall him so the defender doesn't move off his spot

this lookes great for a center, but has anyone seen him actually on the move blocking? the video i watched says he can do it, but he just doesn't because he doesn't have to

that would be my only concern with the pick. if he can move and block the way he does, then we got a gem for the interior line

If he has superior hands and can lock onto a guy, he can probably engage in space. *I have watched zero video of Elgton the destroyer.

mraynrand
05-05-2019, 12:11 AM
Couple more seasons of Gutes putting us in Cap hell and trading away draft capital and we all will.

J'mon Moore
Vincel Biegel
Jamaal Williams
Blake Martinez
Dean Lowry
Jake Ryan
Carl Bradford
David Bakhtiari
J.C. Tretter
Jonathan Franklin
Mike Daniels
Jerron McMillian
Davon House

Some hit and a lot of miss in the fourth round. Savage needs to be a pro bowler/ten year starter for what they spent on him.

wist43
05-05-2019, 05:08 AM

So far, after 2 offseasons, I give Gute an A.

Would be an A+, but Lefluer is an unknown.

pbmax
05-05-2019, 09:25 AM
I am still ticked McMillan wasn't a better safety. That looked like a sweet pick. Tretter was a great pick who was unlucky with injury early in his career.

Joemailman
05-05-2019, 11:34 AM
I am still ticked McMillan wasn't a better safety. That looked like a sweet pick. Tretter was a great pick who was unlucky with injury early in his career.

I always preferred Tretter over Linsley because of his mobility on sweeps and screens. Linsley is a fine player and I'm not surprised MM preferred the Center who was more of a wrestler. I'll bet Tretter would be a better fit with what LaFleur wants to do though. Oh well.

RashanGary
05-05-2019, 12:34 PM
I always preferred Tretter over Linsley because of his mobility on sweeps and screens. Linsley is a fine player and I'm not surprised MM preferred the Center who was more of a wrestler. I'll bet Tretter would be a better fit with what LaFleur wants to do though. Oh well.

I agree. Tretter is a perfect fit for what Lafleur does.

Fritz
05-06-2019, 08:40 AM

They will both get hurt. On the same play.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2022, 06:03 AM
Tank is a moron, don't feed the troll.

You are the moron, punk.

The Fucking Center over the DK Metcalf. Fucking Center can’t block Fritz’s grandma while Metcalf has morphed into the next great Prima Donna rock catcher, just as I ingeniously pointed out to y’all back in ‘19.

We could have won it all with Metcalf in the Green and Musta Yella.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2022, 06:10 AM
A fucking center?

Todd was the mother of incompetence but at least he wasn’t afraid of - and excelled at - drafting WRs in the 2nd.

German Shepherd had his choice between the Ole Miss frat boies, Metcalf and AJ Brown, and he took a fucking center!!! A fucking center! Fuck!!!!! I am pissed beyond fuck.

Orangutans are smarter than Brian Gutekunst.

And uncool Pack fans called me a moron. SMH.

call_me_ishmael
10-17-2022, 08:25 AM
Pre injury dude was a top 5 OL. Will be get back? IDK but I imagine they intend to pay him and find out. Maybe he is just a top notch guard like TJ Lang and the Packers should end the experiment of tackle.

bobblehead
10-17-2022, 09:00 AM

Both can be true. You can be moron and be right occasionally. In this case you were not right though. Jenkins was an absolute beast pre-injury. Top 5 G top 15 LT. Remember when I said flipping to the other side isn't just as easy as some make it out to be? I believe 2 things are the root of Jenkins issues. 1) He is still reasonably recent in terms of his injury and it takes some time. 2) For all his success moving from LG to C to LT, he only had one game on the right side. Maybe he just isn't comfortable that way. Go wipe your ass with your off and and tell me how it translates.

I wondered if Nijman could flip. I didn't realize he actually was a RT in college. It took some time but he became a top 32 LT.

Packers solution is right in front of them if MiLF can get to it. He stubbornly didn't start Jenkins as a rookie for several weeks, and now he is doing the same with Tom.

Starting OL needs to be Bak, Jenkins, Meyers, Tom, Nijman. Bak actually surprised me by getting back on the field and not being the weak link. Right now the right side is a shit show. Make it Tom and Nijman and I believe the problem is solved. Get jenkins back on the left side. Sorry Runyan.

ThunderDan
10-17-2022, 09:45 AM

You are bitching about a post from 4/27/2019. Maybe that says something about you that you still can't let it go 3+ years later.

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2022, 01:49 PM
APB, I didn't call you a moron, but at the time, I didn't think we had much need for a WR, especially not as high as the second round. I wasn't real thrilled with the Jenkins pick either. He certainly has been solid as a Guard, although I don't think he's ever been more than mediocre as a Tackle.

Bobblehead, I'm all for Yosh at RT. And obviously Jenkins should be at Guard. Tom over Runyan, though? Runyan has been our best O Lineman, along with Myers. If anything, flip Runyan to RG with Jenkins at LG.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2022, 02:30 PM
You are bitching about a post from 4/27/2019. Maybe that says something about you that you still can't let it go 3+ years later.

Back then, I asked, the Packers have Adams and who else? Today, without Adams, who else do they have? Lazard is our #1, for fucks sake.

Metcalf would be entering his prime today had they drafted him. Would be a great replacement for Adams.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2022, 02:40 PM
Both can be true. You can be moron and be right occasionally. In this case you were not right though. Jenkins was an absolute beast pre-injury. Top 5 G top 15 LT. Remember when I said flipping to the other side isn't just as easy as some make it out to be? I believe 2 things are the root of Jenkins issues. 1) He is still reasonably recent in terms of his injury and it takes some time. 2) For all his success moving from LG to C to LT, he only had one game on the right side. Maybe he just isn't comfortable that way. Go wipe your ass with your off and and tell me how it translates.

I wondered if Nijman could flip. I didn't realize he actually was a RT in college. It took some time but he became a top 32 LT.

Packers solution is right in front of them if MiLF can get to it. He stubbornly didn't start Jenkins as a rookie for several weeks, and now he is doing the same with Tom.

Starting OL needs to be Bak, Jenkins, Meyers, Tom, Nijman. Bak actually surprised me by getting back on the field and not being the weak link. Right now the right side is a shit show. Make it Tom and Nijman and I believe the problem is solved. Get jenkins back on the left side. Sorry Runyan.

I do not get the hard-ons for the Fucking Center. Is he a better guard than tackle? Obviously. But Jenkins is pretty much is just a so-called “jack of all trades, master of none” guy. Had German Shepherd drafted Dick Dietrich, the Wisconsin Yokozuna, in the 4th instead, the drop off in performance wouldn’t be noticeable.

By now, DK would be full of Butte’s trust and catching bombs and touchdowns and fucking up defenses. But yeah, the Lazard King is our #1 while the Fucking Center struggles to block Deputy Nutz.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2022, 02:44 PM
APB, I didn't call you a moron, but at the time, I didn't think we had much need for a WR, especially not as high as the second round. I wasn't real thrilled with the Jenkins pick either. He certainly has been solid as a Guard, although I don't think he's ever been more than mediocre as a Tackle.

Bobblehead, I'm all for Yosh at RT. And obviously Jenkins should be at Guard. Tom over Runyan, though? Runyan has been our best O Lineman, along with Myers. If anything, flip Runyan to RG with Jenkins at LG.

You said MVS was a better player than Metcalf. lol

run pMc
10-17-2022, 04:44 PM
Jenkins was a good pick. Metcalf is a good player - I liked his fit in the Russell Wilson/Seattle offense and didn't know he'd be that good playing here. As it is he's outperformed my expectations. I much preferred his college teammate AJ Brown.
If you're going to bitch about that draft, how about Gute picking Jace over McLaurin? We all knew they needed new blood at receiver. Unless you find a good oversized WR like Mark Andrews or Travis Kelce or a unicorn like Gronk, when you draft a TE you're rarely getting a difference maker. McLaurin ran excellent routes, was fast, and even could play ST coming out of OSU.

MVS was not better than Metcalf and never has been, but he's not awful. You certainly argue MVS was a good pick for where he was drafted... but Metcalf is better.

Fritz
10-17-2022, 06:07 PM
Jenkins was a good pick. Hard to complain there, but Run has a point about Jace Furburger. That was a dud.

SudsMcBucky
10-18-2022, 08:27 AM
I liked DK coming into the draft but really feared, just by the looks of him, was that he was roided up during college and would be something much different in the NFL.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-18-2022, 09:49 AM
Packers have a Yokozuna who cannot block Deputy Nutz while Allen Fucking Lazard is the #1 WR on the team, and y’all think drafting the Fucking Center was a good pick, especially at a time when the Packer had Adams and a bunch of no names.

Could’ve drafted Michael Dieter in the 3rd, and the drop off in talent from Fucking Center to Dieter, would be immaterial. Dieter is a backup swing lineman for the Dolphins today. Today, Fucking Center can’t block Deputy Nutz, which means he deserves to be benched.

Meanwhile, Metcalf has blossomed into a star and Allen Fucking Lazard is the worst #1 rock catcher in the league. SMH.

Sparkey
10-19-2022, 11:16 AM
Myers is not the problem. Having to always pickup Neumann's shit diapers is the problem.

Move Jenkins back to LG and Runyan to RG. Nijman played RT in college, so get his ass over there.

The issue is much larger though. Rodgers has lost his wheels and almost all his magik was dancing in the pocket and making off script throws. He is now a relatively immobile pocket passer and is unable to even evade opposing defensive tackles.

Fritz
10-20-2022, 12:17 PM
Sparkey nailed it on all counts. Only it was Elgton Jenkins they picked while passing on Metcalf, not Myers.

Rodgers is approaching Brady-like mobility.

texaspackerbacker
10-20-2022, 06:41 PM
Not to speak for APB, but he's always called Jenkins "the Center" which I guess was his primary position coming out of college.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-20-2022, 11:04 PM
Not to speak for APB, but he's always called Jenkins "the Center" which I guess was his primary position coming out of college.

Fucking Center, an abomination at right tackle.

run pMc
10-22-2022, 10:14 PM
Jenkins played multiple positions at Mississippi State, but played primarily at Center.
They took Myers in R2, why no hate about that? Because of a man-crush on Metcalf? Sheesh, that movie ended years ago, get over it.

You can go back and look at multiple picks that Wolf, Ted, or Gute have made and pointed out mistakes. Jenkins isn't one of them. How about Jordan Love over Jalen Hurts? We can do this for a long time.

GB should absolutely move Jenkins back to guard though. He's an excellent run blocker according to PFF and his ACL injury recovery is limiting his lateral agility.
A good run blocker with iffy agility is the definition of a guard. It also shores up the middle of the pocket for Rodgers and gets Newman/Hanson out of there.

Fritz
10-23-2022, 08:31 AM
APB we all have our schticks, but you pull yours out all too often for it to be even seen fondly.