PDA

View Full Version : NBC idiot

]{ilr]3
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
I didnt see who it ws but i heard it from the next room. Someone on NBC's pre-game show who said they played for the packers in 91 which was the last time the pack was shut out by the bears said that he thinks that Favre is now out of a job!

What an idiot. Favre played pretty good and those tosses he made were bad, but he was trying to win. This guy in an absolute idiot if he thinks Favre is not the packer best chance to win.

Anyone know who this idiot is?

Partial
09-10-2006, 07:10 PM
{ilr]3]I didnt see who it ws but i heard it from the next room. Someone on NBC's pre-game show who said they played for the packers in 91 which was the last time the pack was shut out by the bears said that he thinks that Favre is now out of a job!

What an idiot. Favre played pretty good and those tosses he made were bad, but he was trying to win. This guy in an absolute idiot if he thinks Favre is not the packer best chance to win.

I don't know what game you guys were watching.. He didn't play bad, but he didn't do anything. He didn't make any plays all day, and none of the receivers did either. He is can take a receiver to a whole new level, god help us complete a pass when Rodgers takes over.

red
09-10-2006, 07:10 PM
how did favre lose his job?

he played decent and smart until the end of the game when we had nothing else to lose and he started pushing

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 07:12 PM
{ilr]3]I didnt see who it ws but i heard it from the next room. Someone on NBC's pre-game show who said they played for the packers in 91 which was the last time the pack was shut out by the bears said that he thinks that Favre is now out of a job!

Sterling Sharpe.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Surprising :roll:

FritzDontBlitz
09-10-2006, 07:18 PM

Sterling Sharpe.

yeah, it had to be him. he joined nbc as an analyst.

Sparkey
09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
He said Favre wouldn't lose his job next week, but that by mid-season Rodgers would be GB's quarterback.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't pay attention to analysts. They're just out for shocker statements. They forget about their stinker predictions, but when they make a correct prediction, they don't let anybody forget about it. Kinda like our president, when you think about it.

ND72
09-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm going to say this....Brett Favre did nothing in this game for us NOT to play Aaron Rodgers...did you see this team? No reason NOT to play the kid this year.

BallHawk
09-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Have you been drinking? Actually, quite honestly, if you have, I don't blame you.

But C'mon people wait till week 2. The two NFC Championship losers lost today. It's not the end of the world.

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 08:53 PM
It's not the end of the world.

Yes it is.

ND72
09-10-2006, 09:37 PM
no i haven't been drinking...but honestly after today...Brett Favre has nothing to do with us winning or losing, which means there is nothing more Aaron Rodgers would do for us. This will be a long season, and a team that needs to grow...maybe it needs to be with it's future QB.

]{ilr]3
09-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Gezz you guys. I am plenty pissed off about how the pack performed today but i am no why ready to abandon the entire season.

A lot of improvements need to be made but i am still looking forward to next week and the week after.

I think the Pack will win next week. Ill worry about week 3 the week after that

retailguy
09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
no i haven't been drinking...but honestly after today...Brett Favre has nothing to do with us winning or losing, which means there is nothing more Aaron Rodgers would do for us. This will be a long season, and a team that needs to grow...maybe it needs to be with it's future QB.

Rodgers will play, but not until week 7 or 8.... Favre will keep starting, unless he gets hurt.

ND72
09-10-2006, 10:14 PM
{ilr]3]Gezz you guys. I am plenty pissed off about how the pack performed today but i am no why ready to abandon the entire season.

A lot of improvements need to be made but i am still looking forward to next week and the week after.

I'm not at all holding up the white flag...I just see a team that needs to grow and gel, which might take 2-3 years to do it...and honestly, Favre won't be here in 2-3 years, and then having to "start over" with a new QB, on a team that had been growing, could be a step backwards.

Noodle
09-10-2006, 11:43 PM
{ilr]3]Gezz you guys. I am plenty pissed off about how the pack performed today but i am no why ready to abandon the entire season.

I'm not at all holding up the white flag...I just see a team that needs to grow and gel, which might take 2-3 years to do it...and honestly, Favre won't be here in 2-3 years, and then having to "start over" with a new QB, on a team that had been growing, could be a step backwards.

I'm not far from where you are ND, but I want to wait until the bye before making that judgment. It was the first day at the office for too many guys, from HC on down.

But I find it inexcusable when Favre goes in to his WTF mode. As I've said on other threads, of course he didn't lose the game for the Pack. But he didn't do much to inspire the guys, and his WTF attitude from the end of the third on was absurd.

woodbuck27
09-10-2006, 11:57 PM

Sterling Sharpe.

Are YOU serious, MJ? NO !

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 12:00 AM
He said Favre wouldn't lose his job next week, but that by mid-season Rodgers would be GB's quarterback.

Poor poor Brett Favre. Very sad!

Packers4Glory
09-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I think the coached were intimidated by the bear defense and were scared of having the 2 rooks starting on the line. they play calling was about as conservative and lackluster as any i seen. You could see it in Favre's face a couple times late in the first half, he was like "WTF?!?!"

how many slants did you see all day...1? The coaching was content to slam Green inside all first half.

I think the turning point came early when the Pack got the bad spots on 3rd and 4th down. AFter that all the air was gone.

Favre looked good in the 1st half when alowed to do something, too bad Jennings decided he couldn't catch the ball. I'm also sick of Leach, that guy can't catch a cold in December.

I'm also not sure why we continue to get safties who blow their assignments and get burned for TDs. I mean how hard is it to do your job and take care of your responsibilites on defense FIRST and then if not needed to come up and support the run. Unless its a caleld blitz, the DBs first responsibility is the pass. Manuel is suppose to be so smart, yet he got toasted like everyone else we've had back their since Butler retired.

MJZiggy
09-11-2006, 09:27 AM

Sterling Sharpe.

Are YOU serious, MJ? NO !

Actually, Sterling Sharpe is supposed to be doing analysis for NFL network with Costas, Collinsworth and I forget the other dude, but NFLN is NBC owned so he could have ended up there. Either way, how many other NFL Analysts are there that played for the Packers in 1991?

jack's smirking revenge
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM

I'm not far from where you are ND, but I want to wait until the bye before making that judgment. It was the first day at the office for too many guys, from HC on down.

But I find it inexcusable when Favre goes in to his WTF mode. As I've said on other threads, of course he didn't lose the game for the Pack. But he didn't do much to inspire the guys, and his WTF attitude from the end of the third on was absurd.

I agree with both of you guys. Yes, its only the first game, but these are the same comments I heard all presesason.

"Wait until the next game, they'll figure it out."
"They're not as bad as they look."
"There's plenty of football left to play."

To me, they look like the team they were in preseason. BAD.

Rastak and No Mo and Harv and Superfan did a decent job in convincing me yetserday that there are "rays of hope" on this team.

For a team that didn't get closer to scoring than a 52 yard field go, I don't know if I agree.

True, Ahman did have a great game. If anything, maybe he'll have a great season, our O-line will gel, and give us greater hope for 2007.

tyler

pbmax
09-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I think the coached were intimidated by the bear defense and were scared of having the 2 rooks starting on the line. they play calling was about as conservative and lackluster as any i seen. You could see it in Favre's face a couple times late in the first half, he was like "WTF?!?!"

how many slants did you see all day...1? The coaching was content to slam Green inside all first half.
The Bear D, like Tampa, is designed to shut down those routes in the middle. The cover three they play when the game is early or close clogs the middle and has CBs tight on the WRs.

The cover two they are famous for didn't show up until obvious deep passing downs and late in the second half.

With Jennings a rookie and Driver not huge, slants are a tough call on that D.

mraynrand
09-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Green only had about 30 yards on nine carries when the game was in question. Favre only threw 5 passes in the first half, all completions. His first two throws went for about 42 yards, yet they only threw three more times? Very bizarre, but if you don't pick up first downs, that's it.