PDA

View Full Version : peter king's very early power rankings...

gbgary
05-13-2019, 11:43 AM
kool-ade drinkers are going to love this :-)...

nfl-power-rankings-peter-king/ (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/13/nfl-power-rankings-fmia-peter-king/)

run pMc
05-13-2019, 03:59 PM
In between his Starwood hotel moments, his Coffeenerdness, and odes to ShockTop beer he occasionally has good insights, and is very well connected. I stopped reading him years ago.
I'll be more interested to read training camp reports from the beat reporters who are around every day to get the scoop on the team. Until then it's all helmets and shorts anyway.

QBME
05-13-2019, 05:51 PM
In between his Starwood hotel moments, his Coffeenerdness, and odes to ShockTop beer he occasionally has good insights, and is very well connected. I stopped reading him years ago.
I'll be more interested to read training camp reports from the beat reporters who are around every day to get the scoop on the team. Until then it's all helmets and shorts anyway.

I read it this morning, and agree...public publish for clicks, that's about it.

Joemailman
05-13-2019, 07:43 PM
A ranking of 14 isn't particularly bad for a team that finished 21st in the league standings. 14 has them barely missing the playoffs, which is what has happened to every Packer 1st year head coach since Holmgren. In fact, no Packer head coach has made the playoffs in his 1st year. (There were no playoffs when Lambeau started).

gbgary
05-13-2019, 08:51 PM
A ranking of 14 isn't particularly bad for a team that finished 21st in the league standings. 14 has them barely missing the playoffs, which is what has happened to every Packer 1st year head coach since Holmgren. In fact, no Packer head coach has made the playoffs in his 1st year. (There were no playoffs when Lambeau started).

yup. agreed. i've said 9-7 (10-6 if everything goes really well).

wist43
05-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Tough schedule, and I have no idea what to expect from the offense. I think the defense will be top 10, very much playoff caliber.

9-7, 10-6 sounds about right.

texaspackerbacker
05-13-2019, 09:26 PM
Sheeeeesh! Call me a Kool-Aid drinker (I'll call that a badge of honor), but when I saw this, I thought it was typical media idiocy and disrespect. And now I see people in here not condemning it?

As long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy, the Packers have excellence on offense - among the very best in the NFL. Add to that the upgraded defense, and the Packers belong in the top 6 or 7, maybe top 4 or 5 in the league. And having the Bears and Vikings ranked ahead of us? That's just wrong.

wist43
05-13-2019, 09:54 PM
Sheeeeesh! Call me a Kool-Aid drinker (I'll call that a badge of honor), but when I saw this, I thought it was typical media idiocy and disrespect. And now I see people in here not condemning it?

As long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy, the Packers have excellence on offense - among the very best in the NFL. Add to that the upgraded defense, and the Packers belong in the top 6 or 7, maybe top 4 or 5 in the league. And having the Bears and Vikings ranked ahead of us? That's just wrong.

Tex, ur not a koolaid drinker, ur a needle juicer!!! Jonesin for a fix!!!

The new offense is going to have growing pains... and coming out of the gate opening night against the Bears and that defense, I'm expecting at least an 0-1 start.

That said, I think we'll improve as the season goes on, and I think our defense will be legit.

texaspackerbacker
05-13-2019, 10:09 PM
hahahahaha Keep up the negativity, Wist. Some people just seem like they are afraid to predict good things.

I expect the new offense to end up being a lot like the old offense - Aaron Rodgers doing what Aaron Rodgers does, and that is a good thing.

I was there last year when Rodgers came back out and beat that Bears defense basically on one leg. The Bears D and their team in general probably got a little bit worse, while the Packers probably improved a lot.

I'm not surprised that media know-nothings pick the Packers to be so far down, but it's a little surprising that some fans in here see it that way.

mraynrand
05-13-2019, 10:21 PM

You have zero credibility on predicting records. Don't you always pick 16-0?

theeaterofshades
05-14-2019, 08:21 AM

I am saying 10-6 knocked out in the 2nd round of playoffs

pbmax
05-14-2019, 08:40 AM
Start 4-6, Panic At The Lambeau, Run The Table. Super Bowl.

Game 11 recaps will be mentioning a lot of letting Rodgers be Rodgers after LaFleur starts loosening the reigns on the pass game.

mraynrand
05-14-2019, 09:12 AM
I am saying 10-6 knocked out in the 2nd round of playoffs

APRH, I think this is about right. And 2020 will either be Super Bowl or the whole facade collapses.

texaspackerbacker
05-14-2019, 11:58 AM

I've generally picked something around 12-4 to 14-2 the last few years, and I'm picking in that range again this season. Barring unforeseen circumstances like an injury to Aaron Rodgers, that should be realistic.

As for credibility, I don't get paid like these know-nothing media assholes who are bad enough when they just spew stupidity and worse when they try to stir up trouble.

mraynrand
05-14-2019, 02:09 PM
I've generally picked something around 12-4 to 14-2 the last few years, and I'm picking in that range again this season. Barring unforeseen circumstances like an injury to Aaron Rodgers, that should be realistic.

As for credibility, I don't get paid like these know-nothing media assholes who are bad enough when they just spew stupidity and worse when they try to stir up trouble.

OK. I stand corrected.