PDA

View Full Version : ARE WE BACK ?

Bretsky
05-21-2019, 09:39 PM
Hola all

pbmax
05-21-2019, 09:39 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU JOSH JONES!!!!

pbmax
05-21-2019, 09:40 PM
Whew. Between the site being down, the Brewers shutout, the Bucks self immolation and Jones' holdout, been a tough day/week.

Thank goodness you guys are back to yell at.

Bretsky
05-21-2019, 09:42 PM
I missed all of your apologetic assholes :))))

Now everybody tell me how great a pick Rashan Gary is again

call_me_ishmael
05-21-2019, 09:49 PM
Who mans the Twitter account during outages? Gut feeling is Peanut Butter Max.

pbmax
05-21-2019, 09:50 PM
That is me. Sorry it was not more timely. Been busy. Tried to respond to all inquiries. All 3 of them :)

call_me_ishmael
05-21-2019, 09:51 PM
I just follow along from a far and laugh at Tony Oday's right wing memes lol. I saw Joe the mail man made an appearance as well.

Rutnstrut
05-21-2019, 10:55 PM
Wait, there's a Rat's Twitter account?

Tony Oday
05-21-2019, 10:59 PM
Wait, there's a Rat's Twitter account?

Yupper

RashanGary
05-21-2019, 11:08 PM
Weird not having packerrats. Weird.

RashanGary
05-21-2019, 11:09 PM
Was it really a year ago the last time this happened. It feels like just a couple months ago. Man, time flys.

CaptainKickass
05-22-2019, 12:04 AM
Obligatory annual site renewal post.

red
05-22-2019, 07:09 AM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU JOSH JONES!!!!

can't blame him

coaches wouldn't even let him on the field when he was the only safety on the roster

he seems to have no future with this team

mraynrand
05-22-2019, 07:14 AM
Obligatory annual site renewal post.

lol

Patler
05-22-2019, 08:32 AM
can't blame him

coaches wouldn't even let him on the field when he was the only safety on the roster

he seems to have no future with this team

That's not really accurate. He didn't play the first month, but played a lot after that. According to Pro Football Reference, he ended up with 501 snaps on defense and 169 on ST for the season. 497 of his defensive snaps came in the last 12 games. Twice he played 100% of the defensive snaps, four other times he played 80% or more.

Brice played more overall, but his snaps went down as the season wore on and Jones' snaps went up. More importantly, Brice was a restricted free agent and openly said he wanted to come back, but the Packers didn't make a tender offer to him, or apparently express interest at less than the tender value, as he is now in Tampa on a one year contract with no signing bonus, no guaranteed money, a minimum salary and small initial roster and per game roster bonuses, total value under $1M.

With the Packers stating they didn't plan on leaving Tramon Williams at safety, Jones was basically the only experienced safety on the roster. Was it a surprise that they signed a free agent and drafted one?

Jones could still have a significant role, even if he ends up as #3 at safety. But, an unproven third year player who cowers from competition at his position doesn't seem to have the makeup I would want to see in a pro athlete.

pbmax
05-22-2019, 08:36 AM
Yupper

@PackerRats

It gets used when there is an outage, other than that ....

pbmax
05-22-2019, 08:40 AM
That's not really accurate. He didn't play the first month, but played a lot after that. According to Pro Football Reference, he ended up with 501 snaps on defense and 169 on ST for the season. 497 of his defensive snaps came in the last 12 games. Twice he played 100% of the defensive snaps, four other times he played 80% or more.

Brice played more overall, but his snaps went down as the season wore on and Jones' snaps went up. More importantly, Brice was a restricted free agent and openly said he wanted to come back, but the Packers didn't make a tender offer to him, or apparently express interest at less than the tender value, as he is now in Tampa on a one year contract with no signing bonus, no guaranteed money, a minimum salary and small initial roster and per game roster bonuses, total value under $1M.

With the Packers stating they didn't plan on leaving Tramon Williams at safety, Jones was basically the only experienced safety on the roster. Was it a surprise that they signed a free agent and drafted one?

Jones could still have a significant role, even if he ends up as #3 at safety. But, an unproven third year player who cowers from competition at his position doesn't seem to have the makeup I would want to see in a pro athlete.

The fact that he was beaten out by a guy who is signing close to vet minimum deals should be a wakeup call.

I can't claim to have ready every Jones profile, but i am getting the sense that he thinks he is just a playmaker, its obvious, so why am I not out there? Very similar to Clinton-Dix's mindset.

He does have a substantial amount of tackles in his limited playing time, but that doesn't exactly make a safety.

Patler
05-22-2019, 10:11 AM
The fact that he was beaten out by a guy who is signing close to vet minimum deals should be a wakeup call.

I can't claim to have ready every Jones profile, but i am getting the sense that he thinks he is just a playmaker, its obvious, so why am I not out there? Very similar to Clinton-Dix's mindset.

He does have a substantial amount of tackles in his limited playing time, but that doesn't exactly make a safety.

Does kind of come across as a guy who thinks he is entitled to a starting position just because, doesn't he?

The reality is that he has been mistake-prone his first two years; too many penalties, some-boneheaded. Boycotting team activities won't help that. He has new position coaches, boycotting team activities isn't winning points with them.

Jones was drafted in 2018 behind two established starters. After just two seasons, both are gone. What more could Jones have asked for? He has physical tools, but hasn't made the most of them. A change in teams without a change in performance won't mean much.

Carolina_Packer
05-22-2019, 11:20 AM
TT was swinging at a ball in the dirt, two feet outside the zone on this pick. I'm not sure what convinced him that Jones was not only a player, but someone worthy of a trade-up. It's not Jones' fault where he got picked and how he was evaluated, but it is his fault for not taking advantage of his opportunity when it's there for the taking, but then ultimately that comes back to the person at the top making the pick, and realizing whether the guy has the stuff or not.

If you're the team, do you keep him around and see how he does in camp/preseason or do you send him away now?

Freak Out
05-22-2019, 11:21 AM
I'm with you on there...it's lonely. lol

Patler
05-22-2019, 11:41 AM
If you're the team, do you keep him around and see how he does in camp/preseason or do you send him away now?

I doubt he has much value in a trade. If I'm Gutekunst, I make an example of him and do nothing. If he misses mandatory things, I fine him. If he does not report to camp, I retain his rights and let him sit. If he reports and is a problem, I deal with it then.

wist43
05-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Who forgot to pay the bill?? Mad :clap:

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2019, 08:20 PM
How long have I known you assholes now?

pbmax
05-22-2019, 08:52 PM
For me, it is JSO. But not SportsBubbler, whatever was before that. Was it just comments on the articles? There was moderation of some sort because someone got doxxed (before doxxing was a term I believe) and the moderator did nothing. Leading the the exodus to Christian Encourager, where I did not tread. After the money changers were thrown out of the temple, someone contacted me and maybe tex on JSO to hand over this site's address. That was 2006. Bretsky? KYP? Don't actually remember who it was.

I remember one summer where the lead Packer story didn't change for 3 months and if not for the message boards, I probably would have watched more baseball.

Had to be post Favre Super Bowl, between 1998 and 1999 if I had to guess. Ray Rhodes? Anyone remember arguing with me that Emmitt Thomas was getting scapegoated?

RashanGary
05-22-2019, 09:32 PM

It was before Thompson for me. Probably 2004. So 15 years for me. Holy shit!

RashanGary
05-22-2019, 09:33 PM
My 16,000 posts don’t look like shit next to pb’s 60,000

RashanGary
05-22-2019, 09:34 PM
I average about 100 a month for 15 years. That’s kind of a lot tho

Bretsky
05-22-2019, 09:53 PM

Too f'ckin long ! I still recall kicking your @ss in WII Bowling at GBMichelle's house

call_me_ishmael
05-22-2019, 10:06 PM
We should all go to GB again. That was a lot of fun.

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2019, 10:21 PM
Too f'ckin long ! I still recall kicking your @ss in WII Bowling at GBMichelle's house

Good times. I remember Guitar Hero or something like that also. The Oval Office. Getting several jalapeno-smothered brats in downtown Green Bay at 2am.

call_me_ishmael
05-22-2019, 10:46 PM
Harv, you and I were jamming on Rock Band at Michelle's house. Then we hit the scrip club.

George Cumby
05-22-2019, 10:48 PM
^ The pharmacy?

George Cumby
05-22-2019, 10:54 PM
So it was JSOnline which went tits up and then SportsBubbler (what a fucking stupid name) which lasted about three weeks and which APB made unbearable. Then SportsBubbler was going the way of the DoDo and someone brought up this site which is how I ended up here, eleven years ago. That's crazy.

I once tried another Packer's forum, Gawd it was lame. Totally bland and vanilla.

Huge Thank You to Mad and the Mods for keeping this place alive for so long.

Joemailman
05-22-2019, 11:04 PM
This site better not go down for a week next year, because if it does I'm going back to Christian Encourager.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-23-2019, 12:04 AM
So it was JSOnline which went tits up and then SportsBubbler (what a fucking stupid name) which lasted about three weeks and which APB made unbearable. Then SportsBubbler was going the way of the DoDo and someone brought up this site which is how I ended up here, eleven years ago. That's crazy.

I once tried another Packer's forum, Gawd it was lame. Totally bland and vanilla.

Huge Thank You to Mad and the Mods for keeping this place alive for so long.

Mods? What mods? Packerrats has no mods. Packerrats needs no mod. The puny moderation here is why I keep a-coming back.

Kiddos to Madtown for upholding Harlan’s vision of a liberal forum. :)

Can’t stand mods censoring, deleting and combining threads, along with playing favorites.

Iron Mike
05-23-2019, 07:55 AM

I started on Pro Football Weekly's message board telling Tampa Bay fans that their team would not win another Super Bowl, that was a perfect storm with Gruden taking a SB-ready team against his former team, where Callahan didn't even bother to change the offensive signals.

Currently, I inform Beartards on fb's NFC North Trash talk that their team's history includes back-to-back winning seasons about once every decade.

There's been some epic shit here, though. I actually believe that TarLam! had a plane ticket ready to go kick Bobblehead's ass. Plus, that recently-divorced drunk dude that hit on the entire EC club.

Radagast
05-23-2019, 09:21 AM
Not being as savvy with regard to what/why the forum was offline, I was left in the dark as to just what was happening. My reasoning went from the site crashed, to it was down for maintenance, to my being suspended (for reasons that escaped me).While I'm glad that your back, I am curious as to weather a member is extended the courtesy of an explanation if they do get suspended from this forum? A simple and short notice along with how long any suspension is for would suffice. Just what is this forums standard procedure in such cases? Thank You.

red
05-23-2019, 09:28 AM

Jso for me

Was there a Green Bay press gazette forum before that?

I wanna say I remember that place too

Tony Oday
05-23-2019, 09:30 AM
I was on JSO and started here 03-30-2006

Joemailman
05-23-2019, 04:01 PM
I think I started on JSO right after TT was hired as GM, which was January 2005. Started here April 21, 2006.

Mad started March 8, 2006. I take it that's our anniversary date?

pbmax
05-23-2019, 06:11 PM
This site better not go down for a week next year, because if it does I'm going back to Christian Encourager.

They say that tends to happen naturally as people age.

pbmax
05-23-2019, 06:23 PM
I started on Pro Football Weekly's message board telling Tampa Bay fans that their team would not win another Super Bowl, that was a perfect storm with Gruden taking a SB-ready team against his former team, where Callahan didn't even bother to change the offensive signals.

Sounds like this site's mission statement to me.

:tup:

pbmax
05-23-2019, 06:29 PM
A lot of people from JSO aren't posting much anymore. Bretsky and Harv are still here. Tex, Patler and Joe I remember. I want to say Justin Harrell (was several different 2nd round draft picks ago) and Partial too.

Challenge: name the other screen names for Justin Harrell. I know it was once Nick Collins.

But Tarlam, GBRulz, 007 and Ziggy are gone. Who was the guy (was here in the early stages of PackerRats) that used to post that ongoing thread with Nutz?) Not Skinbasket, but someone else.

RashanGary
05-23-2019, 06:40 PM
A lot of people from JSO aren't posting much anymore. Bretsky and Harv are still here. Tex, Patler and Joe I remember. I want to say Justin Harrell (was several different 2nd round draft picks ago) and Partial too.

Challenge: name the other screen names for Justin Harrell. I know it was once Nick Collins.

But Tarlam, GBRulz, 007 and Ziggy are gone. Who was the guy (was here in the early stages of PackerRats) that used to post that ongoing thread with Nutz?) Not Skinbasket, but someone else.

I don’t remember what I was before Nick Collins. Hmmmm....

red
05-23-2019, 07:01 PM

Well fuck you

red
05-23-2019, 07:03 PM
I don’t remember what I was before Nick Collins. Hmmmm....

Terrence Murphy?

pbmax
05-23-2019, 07:19 PM
Terrence Murphy?

I think that was after Nick.

pbmax
05-23-2019, 07:20 PM
Well fuck you

Sorry I forgot you pal. I am sure there are others I missed, probably bobblehead too.

Joemailman
05-23-2019, 07:35 PM
I think that was after Nick.

Greg Jennings?

pbmax
05-23-2019, 08:18 PM
Greg Jennings?

I think that was after Murphy.

Joemailman
05-23-2019, 08:33 PM

Jack's Smirking Revenge?

wist43
05-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Sorry I forgot you pal. I am sure there are others I missed, probably bobblehead too.

What, you don't love me anymore either??

I think we should fine Ziggy for everyday she's missed :???:

Bretsky
05-23-2019, 08:35 PM

007 and Tarlem ? I think I'm FB friends with 007.

I wanna know where Favrechild is. She was a spicy chick who was offended quite easily. I think she's a stripper somewhere.

I recall the Pre Draft Fight between me and Lurker. I was touring Brooks Smash Mouth Reed as a must pick and he just loved Donte Moch. I think he disappeared in shame for that one...lol

BBulldog was an outspoken one

And where is Mazzin ? She had that hot bikini pic

pbmax
05-24-2019, 08:26 AM
What, you don't love me anymore either??

I think we should fine Ziggy for everyday she's missed :???:

Apologies!

pbmax
05-24-2019, 08:40 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge?

No, that was Mad's personal message board nemesis.

HA! Found it! It was Murphy37.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?2060-The-Nutz-amp-Boltz-Variety-Show&highlight=Nutz

Also probably forgot esoxx was on JSO. So I am just going to issue a blanket apology to everyone I forgot.

SORRY.

Now go get stuffed and post something.

pbmax
05-24-2019, 08:46 AM
the idle threat, Little Whiskey, K-town, Scott Campbell, Zool (big miss there), Blue Brewer (? remember them from here, but JSO maybe?)

Who has the Oregon avatar? O something. We got him back but he bowed out gracefully, citing a life or morals or something.

I am sure there are more. We also need to get younger. Maybe tex can start a PackerRats Snapchat?

mraynrand
05-24-2019, 09:11 AM
the idle threat, Little Whiskey, K-town, Scott Campbell, Zool (big miss there), Blue Brewer (? remember them from here, but JSO maybe?)

Who has the Oregon avatar? O something. We got him back but he bowed out gracefully, citing a life or morals or something.

I am sure there are more. We also need to get younger. Maybe tex can start a PackerRats Snapchat?

The Favre thing happened just as smart phones and socials were coming up big. There's just no market for the penetrating analysis and erudite commentary of a place like Packerrats in this world of the 3 second attention span.

wist43
05-24-2019, 10:00 AM
The Favre thing happened just as smart phones and socials were coming up big. There's just no market for the penetrating analysis and erudite commentary of a place like Packerrats in this world of the 3 second attention span.

I was watching a lecture on the Civil War recently, and the guys says, "... it was at this point that Grant sent Lincoln an e-mail" :)

pbmax
05-24-2019, 10:46 AM
I was watching a lecture on the Civil War recently, and the guys says, "... it was at this point that Grant sent Lincoln an e-mail" :)

They did have wired electronic communications :lol:

George Cumby
05-24-2019, 11:18 AM

lol

George Cumby
05-24-2019, 11:20 AM
How about Snake and his recounting of all the hot babes he'd fucked, was fucking or was going to fuck? That guy was a hoot.

Mr. Blonde was pretty salty iirc.

Rastak
05-25-2019, 12:26 PM

Too long.....:grin:

Rastak
05-25-2019, 12:30 PM

I started on JSO back in the spring of 1999. I believe Tex was there as a regular way back then. I followed you guys around ever since.

Fosco33
05-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Didn’t know it was down. Slow time of year...

Fosco33
05-27-2019, 10:12 PM

I’m connected to Ziggy on FB. We watched a game once together. She’s a nice person.