PDA

View Full Version : TO DO LIST: MADTON PACKER, March 1, 2020

pbmax
05-21-2019, 09:52 PM
Check on hosting package and domain registration.

MadtownPacker
05-22-2019, 01:45 AM
Let the record show this was all PBMax’s fault. He previously asked for my contact info, which I provided, in the event of some shit like this.

Needless to say he failed us all.

red
05-22-2019, 07:05 AM
he also spelled madtown wrong

can we vote to kick PB off the island?

mraynrand
05-22-2019, 07:13 AM
he also spelled madtown wrong

can we vote to kick PB off the island?

No. pbmax is the island.

Cheesehead Craig
05-22-2019, 08:24 AM
No. pbmax is the island.
You mean like Isle of Man?

pbmax
05-22-2019, 08:35 AM
Let the record show this was all PBMax’s fault. He previously asked for my contact info, which I provided, in the event of some shit like this.

Needless to say he failed us all.

Foolishly, I left your contact info in my PackerRat PMs. :D

I will transfer it elsewhere today.

Upnorth
05-22-2019, 10:39 AM
Look in to spelling lessons at the same time PB

Smidgeon
05-22-2019, 10:46 AM
At least we're back.

I was worried.

mraynrand
05-22-2019, 11:29 AM
At least we're back.

I was worried.

I thought maybe Madton had been put in one of those cages.

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2019, 08:22 PM
What happens when Madtown gets offed? Packers Rats, we hardly knew ye?

pbmax
05-22-2019, 08:45 PM
What happens when Madtown gets offed? Packers Rats, we hardly knew ye?

Pretty sure this site gets bequeathed to cpk1994.

Joemailman
05-22-2019, 09:09 PM

It goes to his spouse. Where is Harlan, anyway?

Guiness
05-22-2019, 09:28 PM

sweet jebus, how was that supposed to work???:whaa:

George Cumby
05-22-2019, 10:56 PM

I thought "Joe" or whoever the alter ego was, had been designated as the Crown Prince.

MadScientist
05-23-2019, 09:02 AM

About the same as putting your kitchen fire extinguisher in the cupboard above the stove, or putting your emergency services office in a building that is a known terrorist target.

pbmax
05-23-2019, 06:08 PM

I said foolishly :D

Joemailman
05-23-2019, 07:38 PM
Somebody needs to sticky this thread.

Freak Out
05-23-2019, 07:50 PM
How fucking hard is it to set a reminder to pay the bill?

Joemailman
05-23-2019, 08:24 PM

Well, it's always picking season somewhere in California, so he can get kind of busy.

mraynrand
05-23-2019, 11:07 PM
Well, it's always picking season somewhere in California, so he can get kind of busy.

Once they completed the DNA tests and figured they could let him out of the cage, someone probably took extra time finding the bolt cutters.

mraynrand
05-23-2019, 11:11 PM

You'd think an operation like Host Gator would have autopay. Maybe they don't take pesos, overripe avocados or garlic from Gilroy.

pbmax
05-24-2019, 08:47 AM
You'd think an operation like Host Gator would have autopay. Maybe they don't take pesos, overripe avocados or garlic from Gilroy.

Host Gator is so cheap they probably demand cash at a window.

mraynrand
05-24-2019, 09:12 AM
Host Gator is so cheap they probably demand cash at a window.

Speaking of which, which host would people recommend. I'm finally going to start my (personal) website and really don't know what I'm doing. yet.

pbmax
05-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Speaking of which, which host would people recommend. I'm finally going to start my (personal) website and really don't know what I'm doing. yet.

Actually, Host Gator is not bad and its not expensive. But you can get free hosting and web design tools at a number of sites free if you aren't going to be doing eCommerce or having a ton of traffic.

https://hostingfacts.com/free-web-hosting-sites/

There are mainly free (or charge less than a dollar per month initially) but as you can guess, that free offer comes with some severe restrictions about uptime, speed, features and bandwidth. If you aren't going to be highly trafficked, these can work. I hosted a Yahoo Fantasy Sports live score calculator on one for a couple of years and had no trouble.

Paying a little can be better: https://hostingfacts.com/cheap-web-hosting/

Host Gator is on that list. Be careful with bandwidth limits and check to see what they do if you exceed. Like overages on your cell phone data, it can get pricey. You'd often rather them shut you down for the balance of the month rather than get billed at full rates.

I would read some more, that is just random list I found with a Google search, I cannot attest to its accuracy.

Wix is another one that advertises free. We use Network Solutions for work and it's fine. But since they were bought out by web.com, their service has deteriorated. Its also tends to be pricey.

George Cumby
05-24-2019, 11:22 AM

I initially read your post as "Host Gator would have an autopsy". I was wondering who'd died.

gbgary
05-27-2019, 09:28 AM
lol at this thread.