PDA

View Full Version : Most Embarrassing Loss?

Packnut
09-10-2006, 08:00 PM
After fielding phone calls from various family members who called to rub some salt in the wound, I started pondering if this is the most embarrassing loss for me ever. Now my memory of the 70's and 80's is a bit hazy but this game we were out of from the opening drive.

The Bears were never threatened and could do what ever they wanted. In short they did indeed dominate. We were thoroughly out-coached in every aspect of the game. In the final analysis this was our most hated enemy. Our biggest and longest arch-rival.

Even Mike Sherman was never shut out like we were today. All in all, I'd have to say this is the most embarrassed I have ever felt after a loss.

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Opening day home game against the Bears? Favre coming back for one spectacular harrah? Shut out 26-0.

Yeah, I'd say this qualifies.

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Nah.

I think it was the Monday night game when the Fridge became a sensation.

That was way worse.

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
See: Dan Devine.

(Not in any way to be interpreted as a defense for today's performance.)

And Mike Sherman doesn't even belong in such a discussion.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Maybe if all those FGs had been TDs...

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
the only thing that comes close in recent memory are the playoff losses. 4th and 26, and the rams 47-17 or whatever.

I am numb right now, thats the only reason I can even post. I miss our old O-line

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
the only thing that comes close in recent memory are the playoff losses. 4th and 26, and the rams 47-17 or whatever.

I am numb right now, thats the only reason I can even post. I miss our old O-line

Have you forgotten the Ravens game last season?

Sparkey
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Chicago 61 - Green Bay 7 Dec.7, 1980

I watched that whole damn game. The game today was nothing.....

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
While exceedingly painful, yes, there is a difference between the EIGHTEENTH game of the season and the first!!

A frickin' SHUTOUT! To start the M3 era!!!!

In other words....no comparison! You are talking about "painful." This was "embarrassing."

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Im not going to fight about what loss was worse...thats just stupid.

IMO they should cut the whole O-line....at least then Favre would not *think* he has time. He could just hold the ball say hike and get droped. :lol:

Sparkey
09-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I dont think so.

Chicago's team finished 7-9 that year and had a poor offense, yet GB gave up 61 pts. Today was just a VERY GOOD team beating up on a POOR TEAM.

It seems many of the posters here are under the illusion that the gap between the Pack and Bears is not that big.

If you rated team on a 10 pt scale.

Chicago is an 8 and Green Bay is a 2. Havig said that, 26-0 is disappointing, but not suprising. Add the fact you have a new HC with a NEW O-line blocking scheme, etc etc, its not suprising. IF they do not show improvement over the season, then I will think differently.

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
^^ capt. obvious....j\k

man its a new wound and it hurts, let us talk a lil shit. thats why this place is here.

Partial
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
While exceedingly painful, yes, there is a difference between the EIGHTEENTH game of the season and the first!!

A frickin' SHUTOUT! To start the M3 era!!!!

In other words....no comparison! You are talking about "painful." This was "embarrassing."

I 100% agree. M3 looked like a dear in headlights and I have lost faith that he is what we thought he was. You can tell a lot by a coach as to how he responds to adversity. All M3 did was get bitch slapped by Brett "Wild Man" Favre.

The play calling was abysmal. I don't understand why he went all Carly Conservative on first-third but went for it several times on 4th down. It was very bizzare in my opinion. He committed his team to the run which I liked and said would be the key to success, but you run on first and second down, not first, second, and third and dig yourself into a big whole. Those 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 3 would have been the perfect time to run you know an actual west coast short slant 3 step drop pass that the tight ends and donald driver excel at. The play calling difference from the preseason today was night and day. McCarthy looked like a dear in headlights and looked more confused and helpless than Sherman ever did.

Think I'm overreacting? Watch a tape! Favre had all deep drops and when you do that against the Bears with this shitty of an OLine you get burned. He didn't have the time to go through all his reads and Driver was double teamed, resulting in a check down to Ahman.

The defensive play calling was equally bad. They looked good against the run but I saw a severe lack of blitzing and risk taking. The corners were consistently getting left hung out to dry because of this. Awful, awful play calling.

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Men, I am not going to pour salt in your gaping wounds, God knows I want to, but am not. I will say this , if it's any help, your "O" line played better then I thought they would. I was hoping the rookies would just step aside and let our "D" just waltz right in, they didn't, they accualy tried. There is always a winner and a loser, maybe next time (in Chicago) it will be differant... well maybe, it could be... :shock:

GO BEARS !

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
good news is we have the whole season now to get it right and get you back!

VegasPackFan
I have said on a few other threads:

If you saw the 49er offense last year (absolutely horrible), then you know what we are getting this year.

Packnut
Let's be honest about this. We saw last year's 49er Offense out there today. On defense you could see that Smith was head and shoulders above of Sanders as far as playcalling. This was total humiliation........

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
LOL Packnut!

We basically posted the same thing at the same time.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 08:29 PM
The Bear Troll is being civil? Dang...I think the universe just turned inside out. :wink:

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Men, I am not going to pour salt in your gaping wounds

What about me?? :wink:

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Thompson era so far......4-13...

The Leaper
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM
We lost to a much better team. This to some extent was expected. I'm hardly embarrassed...even though the game was as painful to watch as a sharp kick to the groin.

The coaching staff is inexperienced.
The interior OL is inexperienced.
The DL has zero ability to rush the passer.

What the hell did you expect? To win by 2 TDs?

4th and 26. That was 100 times more humiliating to me. We were the better team that day...and lost.

Mazzin
09-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Wow this new stuff on the site is weird. But in a good way....kinda. But besides the point, I agree Bearman! Our rookies played better than Clifton and tubby boy Thausch! They sucked!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Favre...he had NO chance...but thanks for not pouring salt in the Gapper! Cuz its already hurting, but ne ways I bet we lose SOME members because i'm sure SOME are fair-weather fans!

Im here for good sorry guys!

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 08:32 PM
4th and 26. That was 100 times more humiliating to me. We were the better team that day...and lost.

Yes!!!!

Sparkey
09-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Let's be honest about this. We saw last year's 49er Offense out there today. On defense you could see that Smith was head and shoulders above of Sanders as far as playcalling. This was total humiliation........

It doesn't hurt that Lovie has some damn good & experienced talent on the defensive side of the ball. IF GB had that D-Line, GB's defensive would have looked damn near as good.

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I would say "frustrating" rather than "humiliating." But that's beside the point.

Regardless, nothing EVER will be as bad as say...Vikings @ Arizona, 2003. :cool:

(Sorry, Rastak.)

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I would say "frustrating" rather than "humiliating" as regards 4th and 26. But that's beside the point.

Regardless, nothing EVER will be as bad as say...Vikings @ Arizona, 2003. :cool:

(Sorry, Rastak.)

Sparkey
09-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I would say "frustrating" rather than "humiliating." But that's beside the point.

(Sorry, Rastak.)

If I was a Viking fan, THAT would be embarrasing. ;)

BEARMAN
09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh ya, you let gurls in here, I forgot, ... you too , ladies.... :roll:

GO BEARS !