PDA

View Full Version : Packer Superlatives

Radagast
06-15-2019, 06:12 AM
Among the current roster of Packers, what players rate the highest?

Who is the fastest Packer?

Who is the quickest Packer?

Who is the strongest Packer?

Who has the best hands for catching footballs?

Who is the tallest?

Who is the shortest?

Who weighs the most?

Who weighs the least?

Who is the oldest?

Who is the youngest?

Enjoy
:glug:

Joemailman
06-15-2019, 09:03 AM
Fastest - Darnell Savage

Quickest - Jaire Alexander

Strongest - Tyler Lancaster

Best hands - Jimmy Graham

Tallest - Jimmy Graham

Shortest - Aaron Jones

Heaviest - Deon Simon, bit he won't make the team. It will be Lane Taylor.

Lightest - Teo Redding, but it probably will be Trevor Davis.

Oldest - Tramon Williams

Youngest - Rashan Gary

Radagast
06-15-2019, 11:12 AM
Fastest - Darnell Savage

Quickest - Jaire Alexander

Strongest - Tyler Lancaster

Best hands - Jimmy Graham

Tallest - Jimmy Graham

Shortest - Aaron Jones

Heaviest - Deon Simon, bit he won't make the team. It will be Lane Taylor.

Lightest - Teo Redding, but it probably will be Trevor Davis.

Oldest - Tramon Williams

Youngest - Rashan Gary

Joe, I'll not contest your choices, however I must ask why you chose Tyler Lancaster as strongest Packer? I expected to see Mike Daniels or David Bakhtiari.

Also, for Best Hands I was expecting to see Devante Adams and not Jimmy Graham.

Last, any serious additional superlative categories not listed will be welcomed. I've thought of a few.

Best Dresser

Best Beer Chugger

Most Educated (College Degree/s)

Hardest Worker (on and off the field)

Best Singing Voice

falco
06-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Best Singing Voice

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcanduh.files.wordpress.com%2F2016 %2F07%2Fbut-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jpg&f=1

Radagast
06-15-2019, 01:26 PM
Yes falco, I did say singing voice. It's not a directly football skill, but like playing a musical instrument or having a pilots licence or owning a business it does reveal a part of the players makeup.

Now do you have anything relevant to add to this thread? Perhaps who has the largest feet or is the best Cook/Chef?

Patler
06-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Strongest? Very likely Corey Linsley. Players have said he is freakish in the weight room, even among NFL players. Did 36 reps of 225 at his combine workout and is said to bench in excess of 500 lbs. His lower body workouts are said to be even more impressive.

Radagast
06-15-2019, 04:17 PM
Not having any inside access, I've always heard that David Bakhtiari was a gym rat and loves the weight room. For that and for the respect he has earned at the Left Tackle position, I have always thought of him as a leader for physical strength. I was not aware that Corey Linsley was so powerful.

Why does Mike Daniels name not appear in this top player list? Isn't he a league standout for his position?

I really don't know a lot about Tyler Lancaster, might be interesting to know more about him.

RashanGary
06-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Not having any inside access, I've always heard that David Bakhtiari was a gym rat and loves the weight room. For that and for the respect he has earned at the Left Tackle position, I have always thought of him as a leader for physical strength. I was not aware that Corey Linsley was so powerful.

Why does Mike Daniels name not appear in this top player list? Isn't he a league standout for his position?

I really don't know a lot about Tyler Lancaster, might be interesting to know more about him.

I don’t think Daniels has to be the tops at any of these qualities to be one of the best players. He could have a nice blend of a lot of physical qualities and also some natural gifts with a feel for leverage and technique, and he could watch a lot of film and be more prepared for his opponents than other guys. There are a lot of qualities that go in so him and Clark not being on this list doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not among our best players.

esoxx
06-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Who has the worst BO?

Who has the worst case of gingivitis?

Who eats the most at the post-game meal?

Who has the best grooming habits?

Who is the biggest wisecracker?

Who is the biggest jackass?

Who's zoomin' who?

Upnorth
06-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Who has the worst BO?

Who has the worst case of gingivitis?

Who eats the most at the post-game meal?

Who has the best grooming habits?

Who is the biggest wisecracker?

Who is the biggest jackass?

Who's zoomin' who?

In order: Red, wist, me, patler, Fritz, tank, and I'm guessing nutz and mailman (but I'm not sure what zooming means)

Radagast
06-16-2019, 09:11 AM
I don’t think Daniels has to be the tops at any of these qualities to be one of the best players. He could have a nice blend of a lot of physical qualities and also some natural gifts with a feel for leverage and technique, and he could watch a lot of film and be more prepared for his opponents than other guys. There are a lot of qualities that go in so him and Clark not being on this list doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not among our best players.

The Strongest Packer? The real authority would be the Packers Strength and Conditioning Coach. He may or may not think that this is a team secret.

I once worked with a fellow employee that was also a professional weightlifter. He was amazingly strong and was in the heaviest weight class. He had to be careful of his own strength. He was a gentle giant.

Joemailman
06-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Joe, I'll not contest your choices, however I must ask why you chose Tyler Lancaster as strongest Packer? I expected to see Mike Daniels or David Bakhtiari.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-tyler-lancaster-northwestern-workout-warrior-spt-0810-20170809-story.html

e more," Tyler Lancaster said he kept telling himself. Do just one more.

In July, as his teammates counted along in the weight room, the Northwestern defensive tackle bench-pressed 225 pounds 37 times. That mark would have topped every prospect at this year's NFL combine.

Lancaster can anchor against a double-team better than anyone on the Packers. It's probably between him and Linsley for strongest guy. I'm sure they have some great battles in training camp.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-17-2019, 12:01 AM
In order: Red, wist, me, patler, Fritz, tank, and I'm guessing nutz and mailman (but I'm not sure what zooming means)

Wait, Imma jackass? When it comes to jackasses, nobody beats Tony O’Day. Rastak agrees.

Upnorth
06-17-2019, 03:06 PM
Wait, Imma jackass? When it comes to jackasses, nobody beats Tony O’Day. Rastak agrees.

That was the most contested category. It's nice of you to be humble, but feel free to celebrate the big win!

Radagast
06-18-2019, 11:38 AM
I do appreciate the humor that has been posted, but I was trying to piece together a more clear picture of who the 2019 Packers will be. From the fastest to the strongest to the player with the best hands. You can bet that Coach LaFleur know the answers. He'll know who his best tackler is. He'll know who his smartest Defensive player is. He'll know which TE blocks best and which TE to call upon to catch footballs.

I salute those of you that have posted and added to our knowledge of the players.

Which WR will be GB's "deep threat"?

Which RB catches the screen pass better?

Who will be GB's best "gunner" on Special Teams?

Who will be GB's #1 Linebacker?

Who will be GB's #1 Return Man on ST's?

What players will not make the final 53 man cut?

texaspackerbacker
06-18-2019, 12:02 PM
In order, 1. Davante Adams, but MVS not far behind 2. very equal distribution, Jones the most yardage, J. Williams the most screen catches, D. Williams more than a few too 3. Moore 4. Inside or Outside? Martinez will obviously have the most tackles, but Za'darius Smith or a darkhorse candidate, Fackrell, gets the most sacks. 5. Moore unless Trevor Davis stays on the team 6. You want all 37 of them by name hahahaha? Or just a few surprises? I can't think of any obvious ones, although Kizer comes to mind as a possible.

Upnorth
06-18-2019, 02:37 PM
I do appreciate the humor that has been posted, but I was trying to piece together a more clear picture of who the 2019 Packers will be. From the fastest to the strongest to the player with the best hands. You can bet that Coach LaFleur know the answers. He'll know who his best tackler is. He'll know who his smartest Defensive player is. He'll know which TE blocks best and which TE to call upon to catch footballs.

I salute those of you that have posted and added to our knowledge of the players.

Which WR will be GB's "deep threat"?

Which RB catches the screen pass better?

Who will be GB's best "gunner" on Special Teams?

Who will be GB's #1 Linebacker?

Who will be GB's #1 Return Man on ST's?

What players will not make the final 53 man cut?

I hope MVS (the way rodgers talks perhaps Kumerow), I hope jones but have no idea what we have at RB, If davis is cut then Moore like tpb said, One of the smiths but I have no idea which one, Moore or st brown, and for a suprise player not to make the 53 I say Kizer... who has proven himself to be full of meh.

Fritz
06-20-2019, 09:16 AM

Moi? The biggest "wisecracker"?

Sure, I crack wise occasionally, but I don't like to see any monkeyshines on this board, nor do I want any roughhousing or other shenanigans around here. Enough of this tomfoolery, I say. Let's stop this cockamamie thread, pull up our trousers, and talk about real sports issues, like whether the Packers will better utilize the forward pass this year, whether their halfback, Aaron Jones, can stay healthy, and if that flanker - say, what was his name, Moore? - can learn how to corral a football when it's thrown his way.

mraynrand
06-20-2019, 10:46 AM
... and if that flanker - say, what was his name, Moore? - can learn how to corral a football when it's thrown his way.

I'm just hoping he knows more about the playbook than "run a ten yard buttonhook."

pbmax
06-23-2019, 08:29 AM
I'm just hoping he knows more about the playbook than "run a ten yard buttonhook."

Never through a pass pattern by itself could give someone trauma. But there you go.

Also for everyone: do you say (or hear) wisecracker or wiseacre or wiseguy?