PDA

View Full Version : The problems today boil down to these three....

Patler
09-10-2006, 08:19 PM
....offense, defense and special teams! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

chewy-bacca
09-10-2006, 08:20 PM
"we will have to get that fixed." Im sure they "havent seen the film yet."

:lol:

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Thank you for that insightful analysis, but you forgot coaching. And officiating.

VegasPackFan
09-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Or;

We cant TACKLE
We cant BLOCK
We cant SCORE

Patler
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Thank you for that insightful analysis, but you forgot coaching. And officiating.

I try to be helpful when I can.

GB can't "fix" the officiating.
I give rookies a chance- hence the pass to the coaching staff!

:mrgreen:

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
oh yeah....and what happened to getting the TE's more involved?

red
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
what, no numbers to back up your claims?

i think i'll need to see some before i buy into them

red
09-10-2006, 08:29 PM
oh yeah....and what happened to getting the TE's more involved?

MM must have figured out the fact that out TE's suck at catching

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
what, no numbers to back up your claims?

i think i'll need to see some before i buy into them

be careful what you ask for 'cause you just KNOW he'll give them to you.

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Patler, you are indeed wise.

And yes, all three problems are correctible.

Um....Aren't they??? :shock:

Patler
09-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Patler, you are indeed wise.

And yes, all three problems are correctible.

Um....Aren't they??? :shock:

My wisdom comes from a half-century of football (GAWD that makes me sound ancient!)

All things are correctable...in time...the question is, how much time?

motife
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
1) Favre is becoming another Vinny Testaverde. If we're going to lose anyway, we should be developing the future QB.

2) We'll never know the level of the talent we have on defense with a Bob Sanders coached staff. Imagine this same talent with a Monte Kiffin. Now imagine it with Bob Slowik. That's what we have now. The Packers need a topflight DC.

3) Special Teams coach seemed like a dork from day 1. This has been a weakness since the 1st preseason game.

I like the scrappiness of the offense and I think McCarthy will do well here if he gets some pass protection.

KYPack
09-10-2006, 09:33 PM
2) We'll never know the level of the talent we have on defense with a Bob Sanders coached staff. Imagine this same talent with a Monte Kiffin. Now imagine it with Bob Slowik. That's what we have now. The Packers need a topflight DC.

3) Special Teams coach seemed like a dork from day 1. This has been a weakness since the 1st preseason game.

Kiffin had a rough day at the office today, but I agree. Sanders is a stiff. He looks lost in space all the time. A Slowik clone.

We got two ST coaches. Tweedle dum & tweedle dee.

Bretsky
09-11-2006, 12:30 AM

I thought you were going to say

LACK OF TALENT

BEARMAN
09-11-2006, 12:38 AM
But Wait... Farve said (as all heads turn) This is the most tallented team he has ever played on ? "IF" that be the case, how did he lead your team to a 26 to 0 loss ? It wasn't any ONE thing, your team was unprepaired. That is the coaches fault. The pack looked bad in all facits of this game, from kick off to the final whistle blew. This guy was the 49ers OC last year, the 49ers ? Anyway, that was my take on todays ... game. :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

woodbuck27
09-11-2006, 01:01 AM

DAM ! Sometimes... even you disappoint me Patler.

I was wetting my lips in anticipaation of some fantastic explanation as to how Grossman could exceed Favre in passing... by about 50%. .50%

How Ahman Green coud run for 110 yards and contribute 132 total yards to OUR... no Offence... ZERO ... point outing.

When usually that would mean a win.

DAM... we let Batman and Favre down again. _ _ _ _ !!

Fritz
09-11-2006, 05:51 AM
"3) Special Teams coach seemed like a dork from day 1. This has been a weakness since the 1st preseason game."

Yes, a guy who seems like a dork should never be hired to coach. It just never works out.

I think I'm the only person who saw some glimmers of hope. Ahman Green ran well, and occasionally had holes to run through. I think this offensive line can improve, and will. I think also that MM's game plan was fine. You don't want Favre firing it fifty plus times, like Shermy used to have him do. Heck, MM got the offense into third and short situations a few times early in the game. Nothing wrong with that game plan. They just didnt' execute.

The defensive line looks same as last year - it lacks a real playmaker. I think that special teams will improve, though. Cripes, they just got their special teams players figured out this week.

MadtownPacker
09-11-2006, 06:05 AM
Well after this mess next week cant be any worse (or can it?).

I just hate seeing Favre hung out to dry by the Oline. On some of the shotgun formation plays the bear defenders seemed to be on there way while the ball was still in the air.

BallHawk
09-11-2006, 06:47 AM
I agree with you Fritz. It wasn't as bad a game as it seems to be. If you came in here and didn't know the score, you'd think Favre threw 4 picks, Ahman Green tore his ACL, and the defense allowed 4 TDs.

Kiwon
09-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Well after this mess next week cant be any worse (or can it?).

I just hate seeing Favre hung out to dry by the Oline. On some of the shotgun formation plays the bear defenders seemed to be on there way while the ball was still in the air.

My sentiments exactly.

Shutout by the Bears at home on opening day before the largest crowd ever. Throw in the fact that it was the first game of a rookie head coach and Farve's first shutout loss ever....yep, that's pretty bad.

At least no one got hurt and Green ran hard.

After blowing out NO last year, we better show a lot of improvement and not get dominated again. Losing is one thing. Getting shutout is another.

red
09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
I agree with you Fritz. It wasn't as bad a game as it seems to be. If you came in here and didn't know the score, you'd think Favre threw 4 picks, Ahman Green tore his ACL, and the defense allowed 4 TDs.

we lost 26-0, at home, against our biggest rival, and it was the first time we've been shut out since 1991

yes, it was as bad as we make it out to be

the players did seem to play well at times, but for some reson we still got blown out, something is very wrong.

did we even get in the redzone all day?

we had one real scoring chance that came on a 53 yard FG attempt