PDA

View Full Version : Control Freak Let's One Slip By Him

pbmax
07-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Greg Bedard has 8,000 words for a chaplain who left the Patriots for a better title and more pay. You'll never guess what job he is gunning for.

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2019/06/18/bedard-patriots-burning-mad-jack-easterby-texans/

The Patriots are REALLY mad he left and might take it out on the Texans in December.

I think we talked about this guy before, Easterby? He was involved with the Chiefs

And Bedard is still a dumbass: "When it comes to Easterby, this is a man who has purported himself to be a man of the cloth"

I don't think you can purport yourself. a man who purported to be a man of the cloth.

But worse is that Bedard, after mustering the aspersion of purports (try to think of a instance where that word is used positively), admits he is a man of the cloth after all. But he apparently violated the Patriots' Vows of Poverty and Obedience or something.

I am pretty sure I dislike Bedard more than Belichick.

RashanGary
07-05-2019, 12:56 PM
I’m a huge fan of Belichick. After watching two great QBs evolve into arrogant, selfish, glory first cancers, just what Belichick has been able to do with Brady is enough for me to be a fan. Brady still goes out and plays a simple mans game. That’s just amazing considering the temptation to be a glory hound like his highness Aaron or Manning or Favre or just about every QB because they almost always become arrogant to the point of damaging the team on the field.

mraynrand
07-05-2019, 12:56 PM
It sounds like Easterby would more likely be a “purported” ‘mentalist’ with the way he maneuvers and manipulates seemingly everyone with ease. Only Bedard (for those of you who watched “The Mentalist” not on Showtime) is like the all knowing Red John having everyone’s motivations and thus actions precisely mapped out manipulated predicted and controlled.

pbmax
07-05-2019, 01:16 PM
It sounds like Easterby would more likely be a “purported” ‘mentalist’ with the way he maneuvers and manipulates seemingly everyone with ease. Only Bedard (for those of you who watched “The Mentalist” not on Showtime) is like the all knowing Red John having everyone’s motivations and thus actions precisely mapped out manipulated predicted and controlled.

When the article gets to the anonymous quotes, they sound like scorned men who lost their lover. Which was totally the fault of the woman, who its a temptress at best and quite possibly a witch.

texaspackerbacker
07-05-2019, 02:01 PM
I’m a huge fan of Belichick. After watching two great QBs evolve into arrogant, selfish, glory first cancers, just what Belichick has been able to do with Brady is enough for me to be a fan. Brady still goes out and plays a simple mans game. That’s just amazing considering the temptation to be a glory hound like his highness Aaron or Manning or Favre or just about every QB because they almost always become arrogant to the point of damaging the team on the field.

What those two Great QBs evolved into were the GOATs of their time - the second superseding the first in that GOAT status. However, if there is any credence at all to your negativity about OURs compared to theirs - Brady, it derives from the fact that ours needed to do more because they were not surrounded by nearly the talent that Brady has had with him. How much credit does Belichick get for that - the composition of their team? I really don't know, but I don't even know the name of their GM, so either he is less responsible than Belichick or he just gets less credit.

Who the fuck is this Bedard anyway, and what is supposed to be so great about him?

pbmax
07-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Who the fuck is this Bedard anyway, and what is supposed to be so great about him?

He is not a bad reporter, but his analysis tends to drift in decidedly McGinn level scare headline directions. But McGinn, at least at JSO, the headline was usually dumb but the article was better, even if off target.

With Bedard, his commentaries are as dumb as the headline.

He was the predecessor to Ty Dunne and Michael Cohen at JSO. He replaced whoever was there before, Christl maybe?

RashanGary
07-05-2019, 06:37 PM
He is not a bad reporter, but his analysis tends to drift in decidedly McGinn level scare headline directions. But McGinn, at least at JSO, the headline was usually dumb but the article was better, even if off target.

He was the predecessor to Ty Dunne and Michael Cohen at JSO. He replaced whoever was there before, Christl maybe?

That’s a good Bedard write up. If he couldn’t find conflict, he’d create it.

And like you said, at least McGinn backed his sensational headlines with grueling research and networking content. Bedard just went straight for the drama!

Bretsky
07-06-2019, 09:23 AM
ok article; I loved McGinn and was ok with Bedard

As for Hoody Genius.....GOAT

Anti-Polar Bear
07-06-2019, 12:20 PM

In my humble stoic opinion, the Pack fan that can’t handle the humbling truth should stick with Packers.com, where it’s always rainbows and butterflies. Ever read an article about shipping McCarthy off to the guillotine at Pack.com? I rarely read articles from pack.com b/c it’s like being North Korean and reading the state paper. Dig what I’m saying?

McGinn, Bedard, Dunn and Cohen are the Mount Rushmore of the MJS Packer beat, imhso. They were blunt, eloquent, creative and mesmerizing.

pbmax
07-06-2019, 12:58 PM
In my humble stoic opinion, the Pack fan that can’t handle the humbling truth should stick with Packers.com, where it’s always rainbows and butterflies. Ever read an article about shipping McCarthy off to the guillotine at Pack.com? I rarely read articles from pack.com b/c it’s like being North Korean and reading the state paper. Dig what I’m saying?

McGinn, Bedard, Dunn and Cohen are the Mount Rushmore of the MJS Packer beat, imhso. They were blunt, eloquent, creative and mesmerizing.

Still waiting for the real coach of Dante Sarnecchia to turn Nick Macdonald into a solid pro offensive lineman, which Bedard insisted could happen.

Bedard takes dumb positions. He is not as smart as McGinn and he doesn't hedge hits bets as well. As a reporter, both are good. I liked Bedard's beat reporting. As a thorn in the side of the football establishment, Bedard is basically recommending you hire every Patriots assistant, which would get him fired if he was actually responsible for any of these decisions.

RashanGary
07-06-2019, 01:02 PM
ok article; I loved McGinn and was ok with Bedard

As for Hoody Genius.....GOAT

Agree on hoodie being GOAT. I put Brady as GOAT as well. Both guys have stayed humble and made it about the team, not themselves. I don’t blame guys who stumble into arrogance and self admiration/over self importance. Our society promotes it. It’s almost natural in this fucked up world. But just because I don’t blame people who slip, doesn’t mean I don’t respect and admire those who stay true to the team.

I can’t believe the simplistic game Brady plays, just dink, dunk, hand the ball off, no weird gimmicks at the line like manning and Rodgers, just push the pace and do the simple things right over and over and over. Watching AR and BF need to reach for the spectacular for so many years and falter because of it, I just appreciate so much Brady’s humble game.

texaspackerbacker
07-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Sheeeesh! The grass is always greener - anywhere but here hahahahahahaha - Shame on you and anybody else thinking that way!

George Cumby
07-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Agree on hoodie being GOAT. I put Brady as GOAT as well. Both guys have stayed humble and made it about the team, not themselves. I don’t blame guys who stumble into arrogance and self admiration/over self importance. Our society promotes it. It’s almost natural in this fucked up world. But just because I don’t blame people who slip, doesn’t mean I don’t respect and admire those who stay true to the team.

I can’t believe the simplistic game Brady plays, just dink, dunk, hand the ball off, no weird gimmicks at the line like manning and Rodgers, just push the pace and do the simple things right over and over and over. Watching AR and BF need to reach for the spectacular for so many years and falter because of it, I just appreciate so much Brady’s humble game.

It helps having a consistently top performing defense.